nisaburo's Content

There have been 149 items by nisaburo (Search limited from 17-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#279167 Epic Summer War Part 4

Posted by nisaburo on 01 July 2010 - 01:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm very open to suggestions for the format of the contest, I just wanted to get the ball rolling on it. I think we should hammer out the details here and maybe in the IRC and then formally introduce the contest at the next war to take place at the war after that. Unless people feel like we can get everything figured out earlier.

EDIT: A lot of people at work have already requested the 17th off so I won't be able to make this one... <_<

#279124 Epic Summer War Part 4

Posted by nisaburo on 01 July 2010 - 01:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Tantum, I won't say no to another $5. I gave him a good deal on it for the exact reason that I knew something good would come from getting it into the community. I would be down for a mod party if we could figure out a place.

Also, I had an idea that I wanted to run by everyone at the last war but forgot. What would people say to a WA mod contest? I would be willing to offer a prize of some sort to the winner but its mostly to promote continued innovation at these wars. I was picturing setting a deadline of one of these wars and then having people there vote on innovation, war practicality and aesthetics/cleanliness. Can't vote for your own blaster and can only enter one blaster per contest. Would people be interested?

#279007 Epic Summer War Part 4

Posted by nisaburo on 30 June 2010 - 12:31 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll put in my request for time off tomorrow!

#278644 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by nisaburo on 26 June 2010 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Highlights:
- Drop clip RF20 performing excellently. Yes, an RF20 can be a competitive primary!
- Getting more barrel spacers for more drop clips!
- Freyer's pump action fat plunger, even if it wasn't fully functional.
- Winning the 4 team deathmatch. Way to go team!

Lowlights:
- Waiting 30 minutes in line at the Subway for crappy sandwiches.
- Scavenger hunts.
- Some butthurting over calling hits.
- Didn't get to use my PAS.

Great seeing all the new and old faces again, and hope for another great turnout for the next one!

#278619 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by nisaburo on 26 June 2010 - 12:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Tuna and I will be a little late but no more than 20 mins.

#278591 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by nisaburo on 25 June 2010 - 11:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Just realized I have no idea where we're meeting. Windmill?

That would be my assumption.

#278559 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by nisaburo on 25 June 2010 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Add a Lightening Blitz to the list of availables. Exciting!

#278527 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by nisaburo on 25 June 2010 - 01:46 AM in Nerf Wars

I have several mods that are giving me no end of trouble. If its not a leak it's something not aligning :D . Odds are I won't have as much done as I wanted.

Dayko: you have a deal on the Longshot.

#278359 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by nisaburo on 23 June 2010 - 12:17 PM in Nerf Wars

If you have the time Taerkitty look into Tantumbull's homemade OPVs.

#278324 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by nisaburo on 22 June 2010 - 09:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Out of curiosity is anyone bring a longshot for trade at the war?

I will be bringing a stock blue longshot with a yellow clip. I'll be looking a for around $15 for it or am open to trades.

#278175 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by nisaburo on 21 June 2010 - 04:01 AM in Nerf Wars

Just a heads up to anyone who wants to save some shipping by buying at the war. I'll be bringing a stock masterblaster, stock splitfire, and mostly stock BattleMax Markerball paintball thing, among other stuff.

One week, gettin' excited!

Yeah, I want to scratch the Nerfing itch. :)
I've got a PAS that's paint-prepped, and pretty much fully modified that I'd like to get rid of for around 25 or 30 bucks if anyone's interested. I'll go into detail if anyone wants it. I'm in need of a Big Blast trigger as well, so if anyone has an extra, I'll pay a couple dollars for it.

I may have an extra trigger. I'll look around.

#278084 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by nisaburo on 20 June 2010 - 03:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Just a heads up to anyone who wants to save some shipping by buying at the war. I'll be bringing a stock masterblaster, stock splitfire, and mostly stock BattleMax Markerball paintball thing, among other stuff.

One week, gettin' excited!

#276948 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by nisaburo on 06 June 2010 - 04:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Got the OK from work and called dibs on the car. Put me down as attending. Taer, are you selling the parts or do you just want them gone? If just getting rid of them can I reserve the harpoon shell and the maverick shell? Also I will be looking for a cheap functional hornet if anyone can help me out.

#276823 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by nisaburo on 04 June 2010 - 04:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a definite maybe.

I have a bag of Nerf junk - blown mods, parts and bits, etc. No springs, sorry. I'll bring that along to get it out of my house, if anyone's looking for scrap plastic.

I'm always looking for maverick shells with grips in good shape. Can you help me out?

#276626 Gasworks And Lincoln Park Wars In Seattle

Posted by nisaburo on 01 June 2010 - 10:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Nice to see another NW nerfer around. Are you using stefans or stock ammo? I'm in the area but don't think I will be able to make this war due to work conflicts. I'm curious to know if you have hosted a war in Gasworks before. Its a fairly high profile area with a lot of foot traffic which could be problematic. Not trying to shut you down, I would just love to hear some feedback about the space after wards. You should come to the Effeminate summer wars that Dayko are hosting, check out the thread.

#276522 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by nisaburo on 31 May 2010 - 06:35 PM in Nerf Wars

AAAWWWWWWYEEEEEEEEEEEEH! I'll request the date off today so should be good to go. I'm really looking forward to nerfing with everyone again and getting to meet some of the new bloods.

Freyer, will you be providing a list of whats available of should we just look the the pictures in that other thread and ask if something is available?

#275894 Epic Summer War Part 2

Posted by nisaburo on 25 May 2010 - 12:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I guess thats fair. nisaburo, since I think you have more nerf experience then I do, would you like to check out that park with me? Get a pros and cons?

Sure, give me until school is out and we can go check it out. Maybe like 2nd week of june.

#275881 Epic Summer War Part 2

Posted by nisaburo on 24 May 2010 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I think its just kind of agreed on that discovery park has too much foot traffic in the places we would want to play. Just too high profile.

#275761 Epic Summer War Part 2

Posted by nisaburo on 23 May 2010 - 10:35 PM in Nerf Wars

These recap topics make my Nerf ache! I want to get out there and nerf with your guys again, just a few more weeks. Broderick, I would also prefer saturday games if that is possible.

#273312 Epic Summer War Part 1

Posted by nisaburo on 25 April 2010 - 04:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Damn, have fun guys. Can't wait for school to get out so I can actually make it to these!

Ditto.

#273066 Wildfire Rebuild

Posted by nisaburo on 23 April 2010 - 12:12 AM in Modifications

Finally this blaster sees some love! Moosa, its a good bit louder than a MS or RF20, all that empty shell space makes for a nice echo-y crack. Rouge, I take it that the clamps around the bottom and top of the bladder aren't broken. I would suggest reinforcing around both as a preventative thing. The last 3 I've had have had heavy leaks because of the crappy plastic cracking and tearing.

#272289 Dart Door V2

Posted by nisaburo on 15 April 2010 - 10:48 AM in Darts and Barrels

Good work as usual, Cheesy. My only concern would be air escaping on a rscb'd air gun using a tight barrel. I think the next step here is to make the valve open inward, which would prevent pressure differences from opening it and would also lead to a more natural load. I actually may do that with your design, just inverted.

Unless I am completely misreading the pictures, it does open in to the RSCB so it seals from the air entering the clip. The Rubber "C" is glued to the coupler, while the flap is not. Gasket flap can move when you force a dart through the hole in the washer.

This is really great and makes RSCB clipped blasters even more dangerous as they can now be reloaded on the fly with basically no fear of being caught during loading.

#272266 Epic Summer War Part 1

Posted by nisaburo on 14 April 2010 - 11:15 PM in Nerf Wars

My attendance is a maybe right now, but I have some questions. First, what are the restrictions in the pistol round, max ranges, springer or air? Also, would a nat geo blaser with a RSCB be legal? I haven't done anything with the pump but I have a feeling that it just doesn't have an OPV.

I really hope to make it, itchin' for some foam flingin'.

#271644 "epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Posted by nisaburo on 08 April 2010 - 10:50 AM in Nerf Wars

We would probably have a full car, so about five people. Though if it really is range that dominates, then we'll need a few months to get some guns of that par. So in that case, don't worry about it.

Range is not king at these wars, but it is dominate. The last war I attended I brought a friend who used a modded recon with drum clip all day and did fine. He wasn't breaking anymore than 40 or so feet. I would personally love to see more emphasis on short to mid range firefights and rushes and think you guys could really trip people up with it.

I'll also bet there will be some long range loaner blasters.

On topic though, I'm, again, a pretty big maybe due to work.

#270967 Nerf Mg Write-up *updated*

Posted by nisaburo on 01 April 2010 - 12:29 PM in Homemades

And its still all war legal, since at its base its a magstrike! I love the use of an extra spring to increase the cycling pressure, very smart and much easier, conceptually at least, than a spring replacement in the MS valve. Did you do any testing with stronger springs? Is the tank expansion mainly to achieve one of your stated goals? It just doesn't seem all that necessary with the potential of adding and changing out springs. You may have solved a whole bunch of problems with air powered automatics with this mod.

#270832 "epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Posted by nisaburo on 31 March 2010 - 12:10 AM in Nerf Wars

There are occasional Wars in Belleview in Marymoor and Crossroads park for a while now. They have been mostly been hosted by Blacksunshine or TantumBull, and see a turn out of between 6 and 16 people.

#270643 "epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Posted by nisaburo on 28 March 2010 - 11:46 PM in Nerf Wars

So did you guys get rained out? How did it go?

#270531 "epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Posted by nisaburo on 27 March 2010 - 09:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Tantum, that sounds sweet! As for me, I couldn't get tomorrow off so I'm out. Get some good foam flingin' in you guys!

#270165 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nisaburo on 23 March 2010 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

This break has finally given me a chance to finish up some more mods I've been sitting on.
First:

Posted Image
Draconis homemade trigger, Rev. 2 Slug breech and extended stock for big boy comfort. No internal modifications done yet.

Next:
Posted Image
Extreme overhaul here. Long barrel, PETG breech, custom wood grips, pump replacement and relocation.

Posted Image
And the breech open. Pretty sexy if I do say so myself.

#270028 "epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Posted by nisaburo on 23 March 2010 - 01:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Im a very tentative yes. I'll need to see if I can get a shift covered at work.
Freyr, I, with all due respect and jest, hope that you do not finish your new diddle cannon in time.

#269893 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nisaburo on 21 March 2010 - 11:02 PM in Modifications

I call it a Mav-con and its my new HvZ blaster.
Posted Image
I always felt the recon's slid would make a better fore grip. Pm me if you have a ground breaking suggestion for what to put in the big gap. Right now I'm thinking an integrated flashlight above the barrel with the gap for battery space.

#269796 "epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Posted by nisaburo on 20 March 2010 - 11:21 PM in Nerf Wars

My break officailly starts monday and is a week long. Depending on the day I could do an auburn war.

#269719 "epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Posted by nisaburo on 20 March 2010 - 08:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Tantum, Sundays are actually bad for me. Its one of two days a week that I'm working, there doesn't really seem to be much interest in a spring break war anyhow. :)

#269160 "epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Posted by nisaburo on 14 March 2010 - 09:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I was really hoping that someone would host in washington this summer! Looks awesome and you can count me in for a good few of those games. What about this spring break? would anyone be down for a war?

#262126 Big Salvo Valve Overhaul

Posted by nisaburo on 17 January 2010 - 04:57 AM in Modifications

The rubber gasket has a diameter of 1/2", pretty much identical to the ID of thinwall PETG. I toyed with the idea of replacing the black plastic piece with PETG halfway through the process, but it was able to slip through.

I assure you that the 1/2" gasket cannot fit through the 3/8" opening. The rubber simply doesn't have enough give. I tried to push it through before writing this post, and it wouldn't budge.

I have no super glue at the moment, so I'll have to reassemble the tank tomorrow. Hopefully TB will have ranges by then, and we can see if hacking these tanks open is worth it.

Out of curiosity, what epoxy are you using to put your tank back together Tantum Bull? I superglue my halves together and then smother the seam generously in Goop. It's a real pain in the ass, but the epoxy I have doesn't work, it just won't grip the plastic.

Ah, I see. I just misread the pictures then. For both you and Tantum I would suggest Plastruct Plastic Weld General Purpose Plastic Solvent Cement. I have repair several tanks but cleaning the cut and then applying a generous amount of solvent and holding the two parts together. Wait a few seconds for it to start to cure then apply another layer around the seam/joint. Repeat several times until there are no visible holes. Let the whole thing sit for a few hours and then pressure test. I have yet to have any leaks from joins made this way.

#262110 Big Salvo Valve Overhaul

Posted by nisaburo on 17 January 2010 - 12:49 AM in Modifications

The SSII tank is actually the one I was attempting to repair. Bourbon, I think you might have a problem. In your last picture it looks as if the piston head is inserted into the hole. If that is the case I don't think the tank will be able to fire at all. Once the pressure behind the piston is released to fire the tank the piston head would still be stuck in the front hole.

#262069 Big Salvo Valve Overhaul

Posted by nisaburo on 16 January 2010 - 08:28 PM in Modifications

Very nice work, I really enjoy these somewhat subtle mods that potentially add a lot to overall performance. Do you think this could be applied to other back pressure valves? You may have helped solved a problem I had with a BPV repair by pointing out the circular ridge that makes the seal.

Off topic: Haven't been able to properly test the spacers yet, I need some more PETG to become available.

#257191 Vulcan $25 At Walmart Right Now

Posted by nisaburo on 24 November 2009 - 06:00 PM in General Nerf

We actually have a dedicated thread for product awareness things such as this. Its pinned at the top of this forum. Also if you are going to post something like this, its useful to post the location of the store.

#255530 Modified Nerf Stormfire With Nightfinder Plunger Rod

Posted by nisaburo on 06 November 2009 - 06:15 PM in Modifications

The mod, I like. Simple but really changes the look, feel and action of the blaster, so good job on that. The paint job is dangerous. There is a big camp of nerfers on the web who are very opposed to black paint jobs. Black paint jobs get the wrong kind of attention from the wrong kind of people, IE police. If you plan on never taking this thing out of your house, then no problem, but some wars now a days are saying no black blaster in play. We don't want any evening news tragedies.

#255162 Sano Halloween

Posted by nisaburo on 02 November 2009 - 01:51 AM in Nerf Wars

In that case, Sunshine, my apologizes. Tantum, when are we going to see that footage? I want to see how amazing I am.