Gasworks And Lincoln Park Wars In Seattle

5 replies to this topic

#1 firepie

firepie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

Hello Northwest Nerfers My friend and I will be hosting two Nerf wars,

One will be this week and the other will be next week (sorry for the short notice)

Date: Saturday, 05 June 2010
Time: 17:00 - 21:00

This will be in the same place as Kirk's awesome birthday ambush.
Which according to Google Earth is about 200 yards due west into the park if you're entering from Kenyon street you should find yourself in a large field with a lone bench near a maple tree you will not find a rock that has no earthly business in a Maine hayfield.
There will probably be signs or someone waiting near the Kenyon St entrance.

Invite all of your friends because it will be FILTHY.

Bring all the weapons and ammo you have but please mark them with your own personal symbol so there aren't any unfortunate mix ups.

All modified weapons will be subject to inspection and if we feel that they will be to painful we may not let you use them

There will me extra weapons available but not very many so try to bring your own not to sure about ammo Im just a poor college student so I can't really pick up those awesome ammo boxes.

As for dress make sure you wear something you don't mind getting dirty or even a little muddy in although it should be either camouflage, earth toned or very dark, From past experience I can honestly say that dressing to blend-in helps a lot

For this war we have about 14 people plus coming but the more the better so come on down.

Date: Saturday, 12 June 2010
Time: 13:00 - 17:00

The rally point will be the top of the big hill and if you know gas works you know what hill that is,

we where planning on having a close quarters battle in that covered area, a hill attack one with one team holding the big hill and the other attacking and a few others around the park

Same rules for this one as the one above

If you have requests on games you'd like to play just leave a comment

If you need to contact me you can send me an E-mail at so.hard.to.see@gmail.com

So it goes.
So it goes.

#2 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:57 PM

Nice to see another NW nerfer around. Are you using stefans or stock ammo? I'm in the area but don't think I will be able to make this war due to work conflicts. I'm curious to know if you have hosted a war in Gasworks before. Its a fairly high profile area with a lot of foot traffic which could be problematic. Not trying to shut you down, I would just love to hear some feedback about the space after wards. You should come to the Effeminate summer wars that Dayko are hosting, check out the thread.

#3 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:01 PM

Awesome. I'll contact some friends for rides. Question: what are most people gonna be wielding? I don't wanna show up with my Snap Carbine and stefans if most people are using stock or near stock guns, that would just be lame. Would raiders/recons with standard mods be more acceptable blasters to bring?

#4 Darth Freyr

Darth Freyr

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:21 PM

I should be able to go. I also want to know what level of blasters are going to be in play. Is the park open after dusk, because we will most likely hit that before 9:00?
Please email me rather than sending a PM. I am DarthFreyr at gmail dot com

#5 firepie

firepie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:54 AM

Question: what are most people gonna be wielding? I don't wanna show up with my Snap Carbine and stefans if most people are using stock or near stock guns, that would just be lame. Would raiders/recons with standard mods be more acceptable blasters to bring?

Well all I'm going to be bringing is standard darts but as long the Stephens aren't poison tipped I don't see any problem with you guys bringing them, as for guns all of mine and my friend's just have standard mods A.R.s and Plungers so basic mods will be much appreciated, Im also going to be bringing a big ol' box of heart-shapped foam stress reliever thingys that we can use as grenades and that might be cool.

I should be able to go. I also want to know what level of blasters are going to be in play. Is the park open after dusk, because we will most likely hit that before 9:00?

I believe that Lincoln Park closes at 11pm but Ive never seen authorities kick people out or anything

Edited by firepie, 03 June 2010 - 04:08 AM.

So it goes.

#6 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:27 AM

Yes, good to see another PNW Nerfer. I'm on the Eastside and radially impaired, so I won't be seeing you this weekend, but do have a few discussion points, if that's not too off-topic:
  • It's not the park closing that concerns me. It's some family who was planning on using the same patch of ground for a picnic, seeing a bunch of camo'ed Nerfers waving around orange-tipped blaster and getting irked that their plans have to change that may cause grief. Well, not exactly them, but the subsequent complaint to the aforementioned authorities, etc.
  • If you're using stock foam, you'll probably be engaging at 30 feet or less. Yes, a dart can make 50 or 60 feet out of a nicely modded NF or TTG, but at that point you're lobbing them at an angle, so it's more spray-and-pray than anything else. In contrast, an NF tuned for stefans probably has an effective range of 50+ feet, leading to those using stock foam feeling under-ranged and frustrated.
  • In regards to the Lincoln Park outing, a few more weeks' notice would help those of us not in Seattle proper arrange our schedule. I know it's hard to do, especially with our mercurial weather, so I'm just suggesting, not even asking. (And I'll try to make the Gasworks one, but chances are as slim as a sunny day here.)
I realize hosting a war is a lot of work, and I'm not trying to tear you down. I appreciate anything that builds the community, and really regret not being able to make it. Hope you and everyone there have a lot of fun!
Fugly is a feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users