Starbuck's Content

There have been 249 items by Starbuck (Search limited from 31-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#60621 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:06 PM in General Nerf

Rip, I'd say your's is around $225 seeing that they're all SuperMaxx guns.

#60678 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

NerfMonkey and Hunter... I'm glad you like my collection.

Orange, I take it you are more of a collector rather than get out and use them, right? I'm glad you still have my SM500. Take good care of that pistol. I don't think you'll find another SM500 like that one. :D

#60901 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 02 August 2005 - 10:42 AM in General Nerf

Alright, since posting I added a few more guns. I received a R.A.W. The Force, another Chainblazer, and 4 AirTech2000s. I figre the Force will bring some more value to mine. That brings the list to:

Airtech 2000 (2; 2 modded, 2 NIB)
AirTech 3000 (2; modded)
Armorshot
Arrowstorm
Autogrip (boomstick modded)
Blast-A-Ball (2)
Ballzooka (2)
Big Bad Bow (modded; cut down to carbine)
Bow N' Arrow (5)
Blastfire
Chainblazer (4)
Crossbow (2; one unmodded, one modded)
Defender T3 (both guns modded)
Defender T3 Battle Pistol (modded)
Eagle Eye (2; modded)
Electric Eel (2)
Expand-A-Blast (modded)
Hydro Bazooka
Jango Fett Pistols (3; modded)
Lock N' Load (modded)
Mad Hornet (modded)
Manta Ray (4)
Master Blaster (2)
Maverick
Night Finder (2; modded)
N-Strike System (all 3 modded)
Powerclip (2; modded with 4 clips)
Pulsator
Rachetblast (2)
Razorbeast (2; one modded for tripod, one modded for box magazine)
Ripsaw
RotoTrack
Sawtooth (modded with 4 clips)
Secret Shot (3; modded)
Sharpshooter (3; 2 modded to fire micro darts)
Sharpshooter 2 (3; modded)
Slingshot (2)
Splitfire (2; modded)
Strongarm (modded)
SuperMaxx 250 (Luger modded)
SuperMaxx 500
SuperMaxx 1000 (lovely being restored )
SuperMaxx 1500 (3; two modded)
SuperMaxx 3000 (4; two modded)
SuperMaxx 5000 (2; both modded)
Tech Target (3; modded)
Triple Strike (modded)
Warthog (modded)
Whiptail Scorpion
Wildfire (3)
208 round ammo belt for chainguns
64 balls for the ball guns

Non-Nerf
Ruff Stuff Double Shot
Tornado
Tek 6 (modded)
"Kilroy" Magnum (modded)
Super Soaker Naboo Pistol "Duce Mk. 1" (modded)
R.A.W. The Force (untouched with original box)

#60595 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:57 AM in General Nerf

My arsenal. I'd really like to know how much all of this really is worth.

AirTech 3000 (2; modded)
Armorshot
Arrowstorm
Autogrip (boomstick modded)
Blast-A-Ball (2)
Ballzooka (2)
Big Bad Bow (modded; cut down to carbine)
Bow N' Arrow (5)
Blastfire
Chainblazer (3)
Crossbow (2; one unmodded, one modded)
Defender T3 (both guns modded)
Defender T3 Battle Pistol (modded)
Eagle Eye (2; modded)
Electric Eel (2)
Expand-A-Blast (modded)
Hydro Bazooka
Jango Fett Pistols (3; modded)
Lock N' Load (modded)
Mad Hornet (modded)
Manta Ray (4)
Master Blaster (2)
Maverick
Night Finder (2; modded)
N-Strike System (all 3 modded)
Powerclip (2; modded with 4 clips)
Pulsator
Rachetblast (2)
Razorbeast (2; one modded for tripod, one modded for box magazine)
Ripsaw
RotoTrack
Sawtooth (modded with 4 clips)
Secret Shot (3; modded)
Sharpshooter (3; 2 modded to fire micro darts)
Sharpshooter 2 (3; modded)
Slingshot (2)
Splitfire (2; modded)
Strongarm (modded)
SuperMaxx 250 (Luger modded)
SuperMaxx 500
SuperMaxx 1000 (lovely being restored ^_^)
SuperMaxx 1500 (3; two modded)
SuperMaxx 3000 (4; two modded)
SuperMaxx 5000 (2; both modded)
Tech Target (3; modded)
Triple Strike (modded)
Warthog (modded)
Whiptail Scorpion
Wildfire (3)
208 round ammo belt for chainguns
64 balls for the ball guns

Non-Nerf
Ruff Stuff Double Shot
Tornado
Tek 6 (modded)
"Kilroy" Magnum (modded)
Super Soaker Naboo Pistol "Duce Mk. 1" (modded)

And to back up this claim since some people over at NHQ didn't seem to believe this, here is a picture:
Posted Image
This was taken when I was first hanging all my stuff on the pegboard in my basement, so you can't see all of the guns. Most were on the floor or on tables.

Anyone have a round about guess of the value?

#60634 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 01:00 PM in General Nerf

LastMan... I'd say around $225.

#63641 Your Armory

Posted by Starbuck on 14 September 2005 - 07:42 PM in General Nerf

With my weapons cache, I plan to equip an elite force of mercenaries to take over the world. :D

#63635 Your Armory

Posted by Starbuck on 14 September 2005 - 06:27 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I believe the pictures tell all...

#73140 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Starbuck on 14 February 2006 - 05:56 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, I agree... like I said, I was just speculating. I was merely stating of how it all sounded to me.

#72825 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Starbuck on 11 February 2006 - 02:17 AM in General Nerf

It's not the size that matters... it's how you use it...
Sorry I couldn't resist.
What made me wonder is the description of the Longshot; that it separates into two independant guns. Kinda reminds me of the old Defender T3 of the Cyber Strike series, but that's going waaaay back.

I use a DT3. Gah, that's a good gun if you know how to mod it.

Be pretty nifty to have an upgrade.

#72796 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Starbuck on 10 February 2006 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

They've paid attention to our magazine fed weapons. I said a long time ago that single shot weapons were slowly going out. I hope these can be modded.

The CS sounds like it could replace the Crossbow if it's moddable. Clip fed, working scope, bi pod?! Wow... I'm impressed with Nerf's progress. It could turn out to be junk, but hey... I couldn't have imagined them marketing anything like this.

#73064 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Starbuck on 13 February 2006 - 04:51 PM in General Nerf

Pump up the action with the NERF DART TAG MAGSTRIKE blaster, the first NERF rapid fire blaster with a clip reloading system!

The NERF N-STRIKE LONGSHOT CS-6... And, with an awesome reloading clip system, refilling your blaster has never been faster.

Hmm... the more I read this and the more that I think about it (I know speculation isn't good)...

It sounds like the magazine system uses stripper clips sorta' like my SuperMaxx 1000 (seen here). They call them reloading clips implying they're used for reload only and not as a functioning part of the gun.

The Powerclip used a clip that was a fuctioning part of the gun, but was not first to use a clip. The Sawtooth used the clip system and its clips were functioning pieces of the gun. It says the Magstrike is the first with "clip reloading system" which sounds like stripper clips.

#59536 New Member-saying Hello

Posted by Starbuck on 17 July 2005 - 06:53 PM in General Nerf

We milsim somewhat around here. It's more of a hybrid. I wrote a thread about that a while back. It can be seen here.

#65589 Zombies

Posted by Starbuck on 11 October 2005 - 09:11 PM in Off Topic

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

I'd probably arm myself with our FN-FAL .308 with ten 20 round mags with hollow point rounds or a sawed off Remington 1100 12 gauge using double 00 buckshot, my c96 Broomhandle .30 Mauser with lead cast slugs as my backup, my Ka Bar kife, two way radio, rations, and a banana. Anyone ever seen Monty Python's Self-Defense Class? If you have, you know what I mean with the banana. :P

#72678 First Attempt At A Homebrew Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 08 February 2006 - 08:35 PM in Homemades

On homemades I use brass since it fits darts a bit looser than CPVC.

#72695 First Attempt At A Homebrew Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 08 February 2006 - 10:54 PM in Homemades

I've been looking at what you guys have been doing with springs and clothespins, and I decided that I'm going to make one (To start with) of these kinda things. Just gotta wait to go to the hardware store tomorrow. Just had to satisfy my creativity with modeling an idea in 3-d.

I figure since you guys have been posting 3-d models of stuff you plan on making, I'd post my concept also.
Posted Image

I'm thinking 1 1/4" SCH 40 Pvc Pipe for the main compression chamber, and 1/2" CPVC Pipe for the barrel/charging rod. (Yes, They are compatable if you do some modding) Then use your clothespin trigger system with a iron trigger, then use a spring clip made with acrylic and wood. (Already got this from a failed experiment). I figure if it's not too big, I can use it as a sidearm, or if it turns out too big, put a stock on it and use it as a primary. That is, IF it gets decent range when I'm finished.

Haha, good concept, but hold that thought...

I've got one nearly identical to that in the works. About another week or so and it'll be released commercially.

#59196 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by Starbuck on 13 July 2005 - 12:34 AM in Modifications

Great find! This thing looks to have potential. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these... :nugget:

Edit: What's the accuracy like?

#56890 Firefly Speculation

Posted by Starbuck on 07 June 2005 - 05:06 PM in General Nerf

when has there ever been ANYTHING except philips screws?

The Electric Eel had triangular headed screws.

#56829 Firefly Speculation

Posted by Starbuck on 06 June 2005 - 10:39 PM in General Nerf

So they are going back to the Electric Eel type high intensity light and "tracer" darts... interesting...

#63845 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by Starbuck on 18 September 2005 - 04:25 PM in Off Topic

Football: Tight end
Track: Discus

#56960 Firefly Speculation

Posted by Starbuck on 08 June 2005 - 09:43 AM in General Nerf

Chiefthe, just wondering about the darts... I know they will be micros, but how will they glow? Are you making the dart tips glow or are you going with the glow-in-the-dark tape strips to be put around each dart? Just curious...

#56985 Firefly Speculation

Posted by Starbuck on 08 June 2005 - 04:27 PM in General Nerf

Thank you very much for your information and time, Chiefthe. I'm delighted that the people behind the scenes care about us Nerfers so much as to answer these questions. Thanks again.

#74970 Who Are You?

Posted by Starbuck on 02 March 2006 - 07:26 PM in General Nerf

Option #11- Hybrid

One who spends most of his Nerf time on modifications and Nerfs in one season of the year.

Yeah, that's me. I spend most of my Nerf time modding guns or coming up with different ideas and such. The only time we Nerf around here is in the spring. During summer, everyone is gone on vacation. In the fall, we have football. Winter is too cold for most of the fellers around here. Spring, then is left as open Nerf season. Usually there are one to three large scale deals and five or six smaller sha-bangs. I used to be a "Nerfer" because I modded, I Nerfed regularly, and I was an admin at Nerf Online, but that was all before things went askew.

#61027 A Nerf Video Game

Posted by Starbuck on 03 August 2005 - 08:19 AM in Off Topic

Mods are totally legal, so if you had the full game, you'd be fine.

#61025 A Nerf Video Game

Posted by Starbuck on 03 August 2005 - 07:32 AM in Off Topic

A friend and I considered modding Arena Blast with new guns like the PC, Splitfire, Sharpshooter 2, ect. We might get around to it one day...

#60056 Gear

Posted by Starbuck on 24 July 2005 - 12:21 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Here we have a standard military black web belt. I have two U.S. M-16 pouches that fit my PC clips well. On the back of each pouch, there is a smaller pouch where I keep ammo for my DT3. I keep the DT3 clipped to the side. The PC is for quick short range shots, while the arrow shooter is for longer ranges. I can dissengage the pistol for my sidearm. Sometimes, I just take the PC and the DT3 pistol and leave the arrow launcher behind. This setup works very well for me.

#60058 Gear

Posted by Starbuck on 24 July 2005 - 12:36 PM in General Nerf

The PC is sometimes used with a strap. I lend it to my friend so he can put it on his SM5k since it's longer.

#74484 Your Choice Of Weapons

Posted by Starbuck on 26 February 2006 - 11:56 PM in General Nerf

I'd go light.

I'd carry my T-26 SM1k Carbine with 15 clips (three micro stefans per clip). I'd also take as a sidearm my Bulldog NF or DT3 pistol with 15 mega stefans.

If I wanted to do some real damage, I'd take my Titan anti-personnel rifle with 5 clips (6 rounds per clip) and attach the Bulldog to the Titan for easy access.

Yeah... my Mountain rifle could shoot a Gundam down...

#77388 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Starbuck on 24 March 2006 - 01:15 AM in General Nerf

Welcome to Artemis Arms...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#77435 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Starbuck on 24 March 2006 - 06:33 PM in General Nerf

...my girlfriend's.

Wait...your girlfriend Nerfs? Damn, you are a lucky bastard, now aren't you?

So, you have a massive arsenal, and a significant other who adds to it?

She's not so much a Nerfer as a modder. She really enjoys the modding side of Nerf, as do I. She also goes around to garage sales and picks up Nerf guns for me. So, she's really helped build the arsenal up.

And, yes... I'm a lucky bastard. ^_^

#77425 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Starbuck on 24 March 2006 - 04:56 PM in General Nerf

Holy cow! Please tell me those are your entire clans' guns and not just yours!

Those guns are mine and my girlfriend's.

#56611 Your Combo

Posted by Starbuck on 04 June 2005 - 10:18 PM in General Nerf

I agree with Apache. Some people run around with 4 or 5 guns. What's the point? Two is the maximum that anyone should carry. I find carry either a PC or BBB and one of two pistols gets me through a war quite well. There is no need to strap your entire arensal to your leg.

Haha, I love it. "heavily modded."

Hey, once a Sharpshooter 1 is fully modded, it's a killer. B)

#56606 Your Combo

Posted by Starbuck on 04 June 2005 - 09:57 PM in General Nerf

Here's how I roll...

Primary: BBB carbine with 25 rounds or Powerclip with several clips
Sidearm: Defender T3 Battle Pistol or heavily modded Sharpshooter 1 with 15 rounds

#54838 Most Over/under-rated Guns

Posted by Starbuck on 13 May 2005 - 11:13 PM in General Nerf

Another vastly underrated gun is the Defender T3 battle pistol. I used to have one, and I have two on the way now in the mail. I modded it up pretty nice. It was easily the most accurate of my guns besides the Sharpshooter 2 and might have a little more power than the SSII considering that the plunger chamber is straight and not bent up like the SSII's. I got about 70+ feet out of mine with an effective range of 55 feet. I feel that the DT3 pistol is a great sidearm that many have dissed.

#54656 Most Over/under-rated Guns

Posted by Starbuck on 11 May 2005 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

Overated: Lock N' Load. There are some many damn spring guns out there with the same basic internals. It's just the LnL that gets the praise and big bucks.

Underrated: The Razorbeast. For nearly a decade, the poor Razorbeast has been the scum of the Nerfing world and rediculed so harshly. I have found it to be one of the best weapons I have in my arsenal once I tweaked around with it and added a few things. The Razorbeast deserves better. :lol:

#57447 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by Starbuck on 13 June 2005 - 05:15 PM in General Nerf

Fine, I'll help this topic get back on track. I don't like to wave my genitals around and gloat about this or that, but I suppose will today. I've been Nerfing for around 10 years now, so I've modded many Nerf guns, but here are some of the ones that really stick out in my mind:

1. 1999- I posted my first mod ever on Nerf Online. It was the SM5k. People were calling this gun a farce, but I knew it had some power. I figured that if you pry off the air restrictor and cut off an inch on the arrow barrel, you could launch anything that would fit down in there. This modification made Lord Gothmog (anyone remember him?) very happy.

2. My Razorbeasts. They were pretty much worthless pieces of shit until I got a hold of them and turned them into a death machine. I also mounted one of these puppies on a tripod in 97' and reattached it here recently.

3. My simple TTG mod. Takes less than 15 minutes to do and is one of the easiest and more effectives mods availible today.

Those aren't that big or monumental, but they've helped some people out over the years.

#63112 'big Bad' Glory

Posted by Starbuck on 05 September 2005 - 04:50 PM in General Nerf

Now the Nerf market will be flooded with BBBs. There goes my days of selling over priced loser weaponry... ;)

#57487 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by Starbuck on 13 June 2005 - 11:13 PM in General Nerf

No harm was intended, Devious.

#57458 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by Starbuck on 13 June 2005 - 05:49 PM in General Nerf

Yeah you're right, the SuperMaxx5000 mod wasn't huge at all; in fact it's probably the most worthless mod out there.

Nope, I believe there are more worthless... perhaps that Pulsator mod someone posted a while ago...

#53954 Holsters Or Straps?

Posted by Starbuck on 01 May 2005 - 03:59 PM in General Nerf

I use a strap for my BBB carbine. I don't use a holster anymore since I came up with a clip so I can clip my SSII to anything.

Hold up. Carbine? You mean a light rifle? What the fuck? It's a Nerf gun for god sakes! It's already light. If you need it to be lighter, you need to do a push up or something. Grow a pair brother.

Posted Image

I call it a carbine because I cut the excess stuff off. This makes it more compact. Since real carbines are a cut down version of the larger rifle, I called it a carbine. So, get off my nuts.

Navy Seal, my clip works really well. It's never fallen off when I've been running.

#53896 Holsters Or Straps?

Posted by Starbuck on 01 May 2005 - 10:55 AM in General Nerf

I use a strap for my BBB carbine. I don't use a holster anymore since I came up with a clip so I can clip my SSII to anything.