Starbuck's Content

There have been 249 items by Starbuck (Search limited from 31-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#72695 First Attempt At A Homebrew Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 08 February 2006 - 10:54 PM in Homemades

I've been looking at what you guys have been doing with springs and clothespins, and I decided that I'm going to make one (To start with) of these kinda things. Just gotta wait to go to the hardware store tomorrow. Just had to satisfy my creativity with modeling an idea in 3-d.

I figure since you guys have been posting 3-d models of stuff you plan on making, I'd post my concept also.
Posted Image

I'm thinking 1 1/4" SCH 40 Pvc Pipe for the main compression chamber, and 1/2" CPVC Pipe for the barrel/charging rod. (Yes, They are compatable if you do some modding) Then use your clothespin trigger system with a iron trigger, then use a spring clip made with acrylic and wood. (Already got this from a failed experiment). I figure if it's not too big, I can use it as a sidearm, or if it turns out too big, put a stock on it and use it as a primary. That is, IF it gets decent range when I'm finished.

Haha, good concept, but hold that thought...

I've got one nearly identical to that in the works. About another week or so and it'll be released commercially.

#72678 First Attempt At A Homebrew Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 08 February 2006 - 08:35 PM in Homemades

On homemades I use brass since it fits darts a bit looser than CPVC.

#59196 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by Starbuck on 13 July 2005 - 12:34 AM in Modifications

Great find! This thing looks to have potential. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these... :nugget:

Edit: What's the accuracy like?

#70832 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 11 January 2006 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

My question, however, is what effect does it have on corrugated cardboard at various ranges,for cardboard is the prime material for shield making.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Answer your question? :)

At 25 feet with 26 pumps, I fired 4 shots. 3 rounds hit my target. 2 rounds punched completely through, whereas the other did not, but rather got stuck.

Thank you for your kind words.

#70812 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 11 January 2006 - 07:25 PM in Modifications

After reading that some nuts on NHQ were using shields of made of cardboard and styrofoam, I began to think, "What would I do if I saw some idiot with a shield or body armor like that?" Well, I found the answer; a high powered anti-personnel rifle.

Seeing that our fine sharpshooters in Iraq were equipped with Barret Arms .50 calibers, I wanted to produce a magazine fed (removable magazine), high powered, big bore, long range rifle. What I came up with was the Artemis Arms Mk. 1 "Mountain Rifle." Here's what I did:

Posted Image

I modified my Titan by removing the air restrictors and plugging the over release valve, just routine things. I then cut a piece of 1/2" PVC at a length of 1.5'. I took that piece of PVC and cut out a breech wide and long (1.5"x2.25") enough to fit a mega dart. Next I glued that barrel to my Titan. Nothing new there.

I then found a nice piece of orange plastic tubing that fit my 1/2" PVC well. I cut a 4 inch piece of this to use as my bolt. I installed the new bolt to my barrel. What I had now was essentially a big bore single shot breech loader.

I next found a piece of a black tube off an old model Blast Bazooka. I Dremeled out a bolt channel and cut my magazine port on the bottom. I then glued on this black piece (we'll call it my "shroud") to my Titan. Finally for this step, I glued on my bolt, which is made of a 4 inch piece of dowel rod, to my bolt.

Posted Image

Finally, I made my magazine. I used a cassette tape case. The case's width is perfect for micros, but I had to widen it a bit to fit my mega darts. I needed a spring. I managed to make a spring from an old grandfather clock coil spring. I hammered it out flat and use a blow torch to heat it up so I could bend it in a "zig-zag" shape. I used several popsicle sticks glued together to make my magazine follower. To keep the magazine attached to the Titan, I made two small clips out of aluminum sheeting. I glued these to the bottom of the Titan. On my magazine, I Dremeled a shallow channels that the aluminum clips will slide into to hold it in place. To remove the magazine, merely lift the aluminum plate clips and pull the magazine straight down. The capacity on the magazine is 5 rounds.

To load the rifle, push the bolt forward and pull it back. This allows one round to be loaded into the chamber.

Posted Image

Data

Range

I didn't get to shoot a lot of rounds outside, but I had a chance to squeeze off 10 rounds. Here's what I got:

Ammo: 2" Mega stefans with 3/0 weight
Rifle primed to 25 pumps.

163.3'
165.8'
154.2'
150.6'
167.4'
164.7'
149.1'
158.5'
164.2'
159.9'

Long: 167.4'
Short: 149.1'
Avg: 159.77'

I also did some testing to demonstrate the power of this gun. Observe:

At 40 feet, I made Swiss cheese of this piece of .5" thick styrofoam with 20 pumps.
Posted Image

At 25 feet, I hit this hefty block of 1.5" styrofoam three times blowing sizeable holes in it. I primed the rifle with 25 pumps.
Posted Image

At 25 feet, I hit this piece of cardboard 3 out of 4 times. It punched through twice and penetrated enough to get one round stuck about half way through.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Using the mega darts in this rifle allows for a heavier round. A heavier round is less likely to be disturbed by wind during its flight path. The mass of the round also gives an extra punch that a smaller micro dart lacks.

As you can see, this is one heck of a gun. To shoot an "unarmored" target under 70 feet would probably inflict abundant pain. One could also honestly drop a target out at 120-130 feet with ease. Any armored target under 70 feet would be dead meat. I'm currently working on making at least two more magazines for the rifle. So, once I can get those finished, I believe this will be a very deadly weapon. And yes... I realize that most people would ban this rifle from a war, but it's still pretty neat.

Hope you've enjoyed a Starbuck/Noid modification.

#70818 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 11 January 2006 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

Thanks. Eh... the ROF is around 5, I'd guess. Maybe 6. I'm not sure, but I'll figure it out later.

#70933 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 13 January 2006 - 02:52 PM in Modifications

I dunno if covering cardboard with stuff would shield the rounds. I'm guessing it'll show them down, but won't stop them completely.

#70936 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 13 January 2006 - 03:20 PM in Modifications

Um... but shields are really retarded. No one is going to lug around a wooden shield, especially to protect them from foam darts.

Anyway, back on the subject of the rifle, I forget to say that I installed a thick plastic straw instead of a BIC pen. That, as you know, allows the air to be released quicker.

#72417 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 05 February 2006 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

I don't care about your shield.

Congrats, you're retarded.

#70955 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 13 January 2006 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

Artemis Arms is my modification and consulting company. I give advice to modders and will also modify their Nerf weapons to their specifications.

The company is pretty much me, my girlfriend (when she's in the Nerfing mood), and my buddy Bill (who will be the webmaster of the new website). The website will be opening soon. It won't have forums, but rather galleries of custom guns, my modification services, and a Q&A column for advice to modders of all levels. The forums are taken care of here at NH and over on TINH.

I'm all for modifying your own guns, but some people don't have the tools to do it, so I offer my modification services at a very reasonable price. There are no limits to the mods I can perform. From routine replacement barrel installations to installing a magazine system on a gun, Artemis Arms does it all.

I hope to get this thing rolling soon.

#60595 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:57 AM in General Nerf

My arsenal. I'd really like to know how much all of this really is worth.

AirTech 3000 (2; modded)
Armorshot
Arrowstorm
Autogrip (boomstick modded)
Blast-A-Ball (2)
Ballzooka (2)
Big Bad Bow (modded; cut down to carbine)
Bow N' Arrow (5)
Blastfire
Chainblazer (3)
Crossbow (2; one unmodded, one modded)
Defender T3 (both guns modded)
Defender T3 Battle Pistol (modded)
Eagle Eye (2; modded)
Electric Eel (2)
Expand-A-Blast (modded)
Hydro Bazooka
Jango Fett Pistols (3; modded)
Lock N' Load (modded)
Mad Hornet (modded)
Manta Ray (4)
Master Blaster (2)
Maverick
Night Finder (2; modded)
N-Strike System (all 3 modded)
Powerclip (2; modded with 4 clips)
Pulsator
Rachetblast (2)
Razorbeast (2; one modded for tripod, one modded for box magazine)
Ripsaw
RotoTrack
Sawtooth (modded with 4 clips)
Secret Shot (3; modded)
Sharpshooter (3; 2 modded to fire micro darts)
Sharpshooter 2 (3; modded)
Slingshot (2)
Splitfire (2; modded)
Strongarm (modded)
SuperMaxx 250 (Luger modded)
SuperMaxx 500
SuperMaxx 1000 (lovely being restored ^_^)
SuperMaxx 1500 (3; two modded)
SuperMaxx 3000 (4; two modded)
SuperMaxx 5000 (2; both modded)
Tech Target (3; modded)
Triple Strike (modded)
Warthog (modded)
Whiptail Scorpion
Wildfire (3)
208 round ammo belt for chainguns
64 balls for the ball guns

Non-Nerf
Ruff Stuff Double Shot
Tornado
Tek 6 (modded)
"Kilroy" Magnum (modded)
Super Soaker Naboo Pistol "Duce Mk. 1" (modded)

And to back up this claim since some people over at NHQ didn't seem to believe this, here is a picture:
Posted Image
This was taken when I was first hanging all my stuff on the pegboard in my basement, so you can't see all of the guns. Most were on the floor or on tables.

Anyone have a round about guess of the value?

#60621 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:06 PM in General Nerf

Rip, I'd say your's is around $225 seeing that they're all SuperMaxx guns.

#60678 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

NerfMonkey and Hunter... I'm glad you like my collection.

Orange, I take it you are more of a collector rather than get out and use them, right? I'm glad you still have my SM500. Take good care of that pistol. I don't think you'll find another SM500 like that one. :D

#60634 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 01:00 PM in General Nerf

LastMan... I'd say around $225.

#60901 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 02 August 2005 - 10:42 AM in General Nerf

Alright, since posting I added a few more guns. I received a R.A.W. The Force, another Chainblazer, and 4 AirTech2000s. I figre the Force will bring some more value to mine. That brings the list to:

Airtech 2000 (2; 2 modded, 2 NIB)
AirTech 3000 (2; modded)
Armorshot
Arrowstorm
Autogrip (boomstick modded)
Blast-A-Ball (2)
Ballzooka (2)
Big Bad Bow (modded; cut down to carbine)
Bow N' Arrow (5)
Blastfire
Chainblazer (4)
Crossbow (2; one unmodded, one modded)
Defender T3 (both guns modded)
Defender T3 Battle Pistol (modded)
Eagle Eye (2; modded)
Electric Eel (2)
Expand-A-Blast (modded)
Hydro Bazooka
Jango Fett Pistols (3; modded)
Lock N' Load (modded)
Mad Hornet (modded)
Manta Ray (4)
Master Blaster (2)
Maverick
Night Finder (2; modded)
N-Strike System (all 3 modded)
Powerclip (2; modded with 4 clips)
Pulsator
Rachetblast (2)
Razorbeast (2; one modded for tripod, one modded for box magazine)
Ripsaw
RotoTrack
Sawtooth (modded with 4 clips)
Secret Shot (3; modded)
Sharpshooter (3; 2 modded to fire micro darts)
Sharpshooter 2 (3; modded)
Slingshot (2)
Splitfire (2; modded)
Strongarm (modded)
SuperMaxx 250 (Luger modded)
SuperMaxx 500
SuperMaxx 1000 (lovely being restored )
SuperMaxx 1500 (3; two modded)
SuperMaxx 3000 (4; two modded)
SuperMaxx 5000 (2; both modded)
Tech Target (3; modded)
Triple Strike (modded)
Warthog (modded)
Whiptail Scorpion
Wildfire (3)
208 round ammo belt for chainguns
64 balls for the ball guns

Non-Nerf
Ruff Stuff Double Shot
Tornado
Tek 6 (modded)
"Kilroy" Magnum (modded)
Super Soaker Naboo Pistol "Duce Mk. 1" (modded)
R.A.W. The Force (untouched with original box)

#70697 Artemis Arms Bulldog (nf)

Posted by Starbuck on 09 January 2006 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

I was about to say... Tech Target springs, the one that is nice and fat and chrome, is a nice stock spring. I have a broken TT so I used that in the new Nite Finder. The new NF springs are quite flimsy in my opinion. But notice, I'm consistently hitting the 60s, not the 70s everytime. Look at its average.

Thanks for your compliments.

#70694 Artemis Arms Bulldog (nf)

Posted by Starbuck on 09 January 2006 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

Most Nite Finders that have been modified are chambered for the micro sized dart. I have actually seen none chambered for the heftier mega, but heard of one that does use a Nite Finder chambered for the bigger round. I personally like mega darts in my sidearms as the darts are not easily deterred by wind and packs a considerable punch.

I decided to create a mega dart firing sidearm from one of my 6 Nite Finders. Here is what I did:

First, I disassembled the gun. I removed all the air restrictors just like all other Nite Finder modifications.

Posted Image

Here, I glued together the plunger ring and plunger tube cap.

Next, I glued my ring and cap into the plunger tube. Make absolutely sure that everything is glued in sturdy because this could cause your tube to fail later on after use. I then installed a four inch 1/2" PVC barrel by gluing it tightly to the end of the plunger tube. I then wrapped the barrel in electrical tape just to add security. I also added electrical tape to the barrel for cosmetic reasons.

On the shell of the Nite Finder, I Dremeled off the round barrel holder. You can see the barrel holder Dremeled off in the picture below. Next, I Dremeled out the barrel port (where the barrel comes out of the shell) big enough for my 1/2" PVC. Note, the spring I used for this Nite Finder is from a Tech Target pistol.

Posted Image

Here is the final result:

Posted Image

Range

Ammo: 2" 3/0 weighted mega stefans
Long: 75.4 feet
Short: 59.11 feet
Avg: 65.7 feet

The Artemis Arms Bulldog is an accurate sidearm that is rugged and consistent. The range is not that of a micro firing sidearm, but when does a Nerfer engage a target with his sidearm that would require him to exceed 60 feet? The range is compensated by the wallop of its heavier round and its accuracy.

I'm not taking credit as the first to install a mega dart barrel on to a Nite Finder, but I noticed the lack of a write up. As always, feel free to PM me with questions and comments. I hope you've enjoyed yet another Starbuck/Noid modification.

#63635 Your Armory

Posted by Starbuck on 14 September 2005 - 06:27 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I believe the pictures tell all...

#63641 Your Armory

Posted by Starbuck on 14 September 2005 - 07:42 PM in General Nerf

With my weapons cache, I plan to equip an elite force of mercenaries to take over the world. :D

#59040 Magnum Pistol (100 Feet)

Posted by Starbuck on 10 July 2005 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

This reminds me of the Ura-Kai Two Towers Crossbow. A little unwieldy one handed but with those ranges it might as well be your primary, unless of course you still favor that cpvc Tech Target :blink:

I have huge hands, so it's no problem for me to wield that thing around. The Mag is pretty nifty, but I still use my modded DT3. :P

#58989 Magnum Pistol (100 Feet)

Posted by Starbuck on 09 July 2005 - 11:18 PM in Modifications

Well, you cocked the gun. When you cocked it, a flap just inside of the barrel would close to cause suction. This would suck water down from the water tank into the plunger tube. When you discharged the gun, the flap would fly open and a "blob" of water shot out. It was pretty powerful for a water pistol.

#58935 Magnum Pistol (100 Feet)

Posted by Starbuck on 09 July 2005 - 12:41 AM in Modifications

Thanks for all the compliments, guys.

Janga, you're right... I've modded three or four water guns into fine Nerf weapons.

And if anyone knows the name of this water gun, please tell me. I'd love to know. It was made by Fantasy Ltd in 1995.

#58894 Magnum Pistol (100 Feet)

Posted by Starbuck on 08 July 2005 - 03:54 PM in Modifications

It has been said that no spring pistol will ever be able to reach over 100 feet flat. Well, today I am here to prove that wrong. I have just completed a pistol that just does that. I call it the "Kilroy Magnum."

The other day, I was digging in my closet and found an old water gun. It is special because it is the only spring powered water gun I have ever seen. I can't remember the name and the sticker on the side has since worn off, but I'm sure someone on here knows the name of the gun. I do know for a fact that it was released in 1995. Anyway, I cocked it and pulled the trigger. I was very surprised to hear the massive bark produced by the gun. I immediately thought this had potential. I took it downstairs and dissassembled the weapon.

Posted Image
This is the gun as I found it in my closet.

Posted Image
Here are the inernals minus the water tank on top. Notice the similarites between it and conventional Nerf spring pistols.

Posted Image
Now here is why this weapon is an oddity. Notice the double springs. I have never seen this in a stock weapon before. I took off the springs and replaced them with springs from a couple of my broken Sharpshooter 2s (new springs not pictured).

Posted Image
Here is the plunger tube. I cut off the nozzle on the tube and Dremeled out a hole big enough for 1/2" CPVC to fit through and hot glued it back to the plunger tube. I then put electrical tape over the hot glued portion to strengthen the hold.

Posted Image
On top of the plunger tube is where the water tank connected. I simply plugged it up with hot glue to prevent air from leaking out.

Posted Image
Posted Image
I added a sight to the top of the gun once I had reassembled it. The sight is a piece off of a garage door opener. I have to clue as to what the piece is, but it looks like a sight and functions well as one.

Posted Image
And here, friends, is the finished product, the "Kilroy Mangum" loser pistol.

I had originally started to put rubber bands on it, but I took off the surgical rubber on my DT3BP and put it on the Magnum. I headed out to my backyard with two friends to test the range and accuracy. Here is the official data as taken by myself and two others:

Weapon: Original name unknown; Kilroy Mangum (released 1995)
Method fire: Spring (double)
Number of shots: 1
Modification: Yes; new back spring, surgical rubber, CPVC barrel
Ammunition: Stock red Airjet Micro Darts
Wind: None
Angle fired from: Flat
Height of gun when fire: 5'5.5"
Terrain fired upon: Flat; grass

Range in feet, rounded to nearest foot

1. 92
2. 96
3. 96
4. 98
5. 91
6. 89
7. 93
8. 92
9. 97
10. 96
11. 99
12. 101 feet, 3.5 inches (Measurment not rounded due to being over 100 feet)
13. 98
14. 99
15. 96

Total Sum= 1433

1433/15=95.53

Average range: 95.53 feet average per shot

Accuracy
Distance: 45'
Target size: 1.5'x1.5'

1. Hit
2. Hit
3. Hit
4. Hit
5. Hit
6. Hit
7. Hit
8. Hit
9. Hit
10. Hit
11. Hit
12. Hit
13. Hit
14. Hit
15. Hit

15 out of 15 hit

Accuracy: 100%

It is the first pistol I know of that has hit over 100 feet flat. I didn't think it was possible until now. I'm sure many of you will find it hard to believe. If you have any questions, please feel free me to ask or PM me. I hope you have enjoyed another Starbuck modification.

#58899 Magnum Pistol (100 Feet)

Posted by Starbuck on 08 July 2005 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

The double springing could probably used to great affect on other spring pistols, Apache.

Ompa, the plunger tube is larger than that of a NF. The NF tube is 4 inches, while this one in 5.25 inches long. The plunger is 1.75 inches longer than a NFs.

Flamebo, I will take a pic right now for size reference. And no, I don't have any Stephans here at the hous. We had a war a couple days ago so all my good ammo is at a friend's house.

#58902 Magnum Pistol (100 Feet)

Posted by Starbuck on 08 July 2005 - 04:25 PM in Modifications

Here are pictures for reference.

Posted Image
The Mag and a Nite Finder

Posted Image
The Mag and a Lock n' Load.

Posted Image
The Mag and my DT3 Battle Pistol.

Posted Image
The Mag and a couple SSIIs.

#59025 Magnum Pistol (100 Feet)

Posted by Starbuck on 10 July 2005 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

Sorry for the double post here, but I just finished testing the Mag with Stephans. I'll be quick about this and post only the significant data:

Weapon: Original name unknown; Kilroy Mangum (released 1995)
Ammunition: 1.5" 3/0 weighted Stephans
Wind: None

Range (Not rounded)
Long: 115' 4.5"
Short: 99' 8.75"
Average: 104.6 feet

All those numbers are pretty beast for a pistol. I now officially declare the Magnum ready for active service. Hope you all have enjoyed it. 8)

#53638 This Could Save Your Life One Day.

Posted by Starbuck on 27 April 2005 - 03:58 PM in Modifications

Well, you obviously pump the SSPB before the battle and if the occaison calls for it, fire it. About 8 pumps does the SSPB well.

#53603 This Could Save Your Life One Day.

Posted by Starbuck on 26 April 2005 - 09:16 PM in Modifications

I'd never seen it before so I thought I'd try and be original with it and not follow suit with everyone elses' NF mods. The trigger is very easy to fire. One can actually extend the middle finger and fire it, but I usually fire my pistols from a two-hand tactical position so it's just easy to engage the SSPB with my left hand.

#53582 This Could Save Your Life One Day.

Posted by Starbuck on 26 April 2005 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

I realize that there are millions of Nite Finder modifications both improving its performance and its appearance. I do not own a Nite Finder, for I am old school and will never relinquish my beloved Sharpshooter II, but a couple of my friends own Nite Finders, therefore I had the opportunity to examine one up close and modify it the way I saw fit. I find that using single shot long ranged pistols are of great value, but notice, I said "single shot." This modification will allow one to have an extra quick, but accurate shot.

Posted Image
As you can see, I installed one of those quirky Nerf keychain guns into the Nite Finder's light socket.

Posted Image
This is the keychain stripped down. I took pliers and removed the air restrictors. This gives it some power. You can see that it is very compact and would easily fit into a Nite Finder.

I opened it up, removed the light, and Dremeled all junk that prevented the keychain gun from sitting in there easily.

Posted Image
I Dremeled the bottom so that the trigger button sticks out the shell.

Posted Image
I Dremeled the front so that the barrel and plunger stick out. I also added hot glue to the top of the plunger and the bottom of the barrel for extra stability.

Next, I put it all back together, leaving the front ammo holder intact, but saving the back ammo holder for bottom.

Posted Image
Leaving off the battery cover, I Dremeled the plastic away so that the holder fits snug down into the grips where the batteries are supposed to be placed. Then I hot glued it around the edges.

Posted Image
Shown here is the ideal firing position.

As you can see, this gives you an extra quick shot. The effective range of the newly installed gun is 30 feet. One might say that 30 feet is not good at all, but it is not designed for range. It is designed to be a reserve weapon used in quick emergencies when reloading is not an option. I hope you all have found this interesting.

#67789 Machine Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 16 November 2005 - 05:38 PM in Homemades

A while back, I'm talking back in the days on Nerf Online... I made a full auto. Keep in mind that this was before the Wildfire and the closest thing to full auto was a Razorbeast or Chainblazer. Everyone thought I was lying because I has no pictures to back it up, but I made it and here's how.

I used the standard Nerf ammo belt used in chain guns. I used the rotator off of a broken Chainblazier. I used a motor off of an old RC car to rotate the belt. The air source was a small rechargeable air compresser, like one you keep incase your tire goes flat. I put all the electronics and the compresser into a wooden case. The case was pretty much a box that was 10 inches high and 1.5 feet long. The switch to the compresser stuck out of a hole cut in the side of the box. On the back was the trigger, which was a switch that turned on the motor to rotate the chain. On front, I attached a 2 foot section of 4" PVC. I mounted it a heavy duty camera tripod. The overall look of the gun was that of an old Maxim machine gun, like so:

Posted Image

The range wasn't great; on a good day it would hit 35-40, but the cool thing was that is would spit the foam. I wasn't trying to make a pratical gun, just something to mess around with.

#59109 Defender T3 Mod (full Write Up And Pics)

Posted by Starbuck on 11 July 2005 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
I then proceeded to mount another weapon to my DT3. This is one of the more odd weapons I have created. It's an Auto-Grip "Boomstick." I Dremeled off everything, leaving only the bare plunger tube. I then nested a 5" piece of 1/2" CPVC in a 2" piece of 3/4" PVC and hot glued into the plunger tube. One of my buddies wrapped the whole thing in electrical tape for reasons unknown to me (^_^). I then took a 4" piece of a metal coat hanger, wrapped it in electrical tape and taped it to the gun and positioned it so that the 4" piece hits the small trigger/release button on the Auto-Grip. All one has to do to fire the boomstick is hit the metal piece (a better picture can bee seen below). This little oddity has an average range of 79.3 feet per shot. Not too shabby at all...

Posted Image
Here is the firing mechanism. As stated before, it's a piece of coat hanger metal attached to hit the trigger when hit or squeezed.

Posted Image
I found that the boomstick fit perfectly into the arrow holder on the belt clip of the weapon. I stuck the hind quarters in the holder and mounted the barrel along the side of the weapon, seen here.

Posted Image
Here is the overall final product. What was once a booed upon piece of junk has now been turned into a 3 shot 80+ feet sidearm.

The Defender T3 I have here is in almost new condition; I believe that contributes to the longer ranges in both the pistol and the arrow launcher.

Official data

Weapon: Defender T3 (released 1996)
Modification: Yes; new spring, surgical rubber, CPVC barrel(s)
Ammunition: 1.5" Stephan; weighted with 3/0 sinker
Wind: light head wind (under 5 mph)

DT3 Battle Pistol (new; Pistol #2)
Long: 89'
Short: 81'
Avg: 84.2’

Arrow Launcher
Long: 98'
Short: 82'
Avg: 93.8’

Auto-Grip (Boomstick)
Long: 85'
Short: 74'
Avg: 79.3’

This Defender T3 is the perfect compliment to my new Magnum pistol. When using them in tandem, chaos reigns supreme on the battlefield. I understand that for many of you both the Mag and the DT3 are larger weapons, but since I am a man of larger stature (6’5”), I find it to be no burden to wield both of these weapons on the battlefield. As always, feel free to ask me questions or PM me. I hope you have enjoyed yet another Starbuck/Noid modification.

#59115 Defender T3 Mod (full Write Up And Pics)

Posted by Starbuck on 12 July 2005 - 12:22 AM in Modifications

Thank you, Viper. Yes, I agree about the arrow launcher. It has a larger plunger and spring than the Crossbow, so it has potential that some don't recognize. Many have not given the DT3 a chance.

#59108 Defender T3 Mod (full Write Up And Pics)

Posted by Starbuck on 11 July 2005 - 11:05 PM in Modifications

Well, as many of you all know, I have successfully turned a Defender T3 Battle Pistol into, in my opinion, one of the best pistols today. Well, yesterday I acquired a whole Defender T3 gun (arrow launcher and pistol) with the original box. The box made me laugh... that kid on the back with all that Cyber Stryke junk on... what a dork. ^_^ Anyway, I started work on the DT3 yesterday and just completed testing today. Here is what I have done:

Posted Image
First, I started with the Battle Pistol.

Posted Image
I dissassembled the gun and took out all the internals. I took a Dremel tool and Dremeled the front two “rings” on the inside of the casing to fit 3/4" PVC. Note, 3/4" PVC is the only thing I had available.

Posted Image
Here is my "bull barrel." It's 1/2" CPVC nested in 3/4"PVC. I cut a 4-inch piece of 1/2" CPVC. Then, I cut a 3.5 inch piece of 3/4" PVC. I wrapped the CPVC in electrical tape. Next, I took a mallet and tapped it into the 3/4" PVC. I then wrapped the 3/4" PVC in electrical tape. Finally, I Dremeled a hole in the plunger tube the size of the 1/2" CPVC and hot glued the new barrel to the plunger tube. I wrapped the back portion of the barrel and the top portion of the plunger tube in electrical tape for additional strength. You can see a better side view of the plunger tube/barrel below.

Posted Image
Here, I took off the plunger assembly and replaced the dinky stock spring with a more powerful spring from a broken Sharpshooter 2.

Posted Image
Here are the internals with the new bull barrel installed.

Posted Image
Here are my two Defender T3 Battle Pistols. Note, that the top Battle Pistol has a longer barrel than the bottom one. This is so that this pistol can fit into the arrow launcher. The bottom pistol is used as a pistol only.

Posted Image
Now to the arrow launcher*. This launcher has the biggest spring I have ever seen (save the Bow n' Arrow). I know people have put this spring into a Crossbow and have gotten great results. I stretched the spring a little bit, first off. Then, I sawed off most of the stock barrel. I then added a 3" piece of 1/2" CPVC to the barrel and wrapped it in electrical tape. Not pictured is the surgical rubber I use to boost the performance. Note, on top of the launcher where the handle used to be is now a sight. See the next section for further details. * (I know this mod has been done before, so I am not taking credit)

Posted Image
What I did here was Dremel off all the handle components. I then Dremeled off the front section of the Armor Shot ammo holder (the front sloped part) and Dremeled a square in that piece. Next, I took the plastic sight out of a Bow N' Arrow and went over the reticle with a fine tipped pen. I then mounted the sight onto the Armor Shot piece to give me my sight. This thing was a pleasant surprise, as I found it to be an accurate device.

See the next post for the rest of the mod...

#59127 Defender T3 Mod (full Write Up And Pics)

Posted by Starbuck on 12 July 2005 - 09:57 AM in Modifications

Thanks, guys.

Seal, my catch works fine. I really don't have a problem with anything falling off.

We might as well call it "National Mod" week, as I've already posted two mods and I've got a couple more to write up and post.

#70427 Ruffstuff Safe Darts

Posted by Starbuck on 04 January 2006 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I've been doing this for a while. They shoot pretty good. I've always called them "Royal Flyers." Don't ask where the name comes from...

But, anyway, they shoot great in brass barrels.

#97423 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 30 December 2006 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

You used one of those heavy duty Nitefinder springs right? Is noise a problem, or have you done somethign to eliminate that?

No, no... I use "Handyman Springs." It's a spring I get from my local Home Depot. They are the length of a first generation Nite Finder spring, but are much heavier. They're just beast springs. And no, noise isn't a problem. Just fill in some empty spaces with FBR.

These springs are really great. I have one in all three of my NF's.

Absolutely the best springs, ever. They'll power anything, really. Plus a two pack of em' are only $2.50.

I've been using them for three years now.

#97420 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 30 December 2006 - 04:04 PM in Modifications

Ok, but if the spring is the length of a old version NF, doesn't it rattle around and create a big ruckus when fired since it isn't long enough?

Eh, no not really. If I drop it and throw it out the window, yeah it'll make a noise. But just general use and such do not produce noises. I've just never had a problem with it.

#97287 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 27 December 2006 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

So it's been months since I've officially released anything from the Armory. I've been working on several projects at once, which is a bad idea, but keeps me busy nonetheless! Anyway, gentlemen, Artemis Arms is proud to present to you...

The Artemis T-25 CS-6 with Mk. II Devastator MPL (Multi-purpose Launcher)

Posted Image

1. The Mark II Devastator MPL. Titan airtank and pump with new heavy duty plastic tubing to ensure no leaking. There is a 1/2" CPVC coupler epoxied to the threaded front of the airtank to accept barrels.

2. 7" 1/2" CPVC barrel nested into 1/2" PVC barrel. Insert into the MPL's coupler for shotgun/long range weapon. Capable of firing single mircos, megas, or 6 megas in shotgun fashion.

Posted Image

3. Nerf balls. Perhaps the most underrated of all ammo. I found that firing the standard Nerf ball from the MPL's stock barrel yields a most pleasant surprise.

4. Standard Titan rockets. I always wanted to take a Titan left in rocket launching configuration into a fire fight, but was too cumbersome. I have an excuse to field one now.

Posted Image

5. CS-6 stripper clip. I talked about these here. The fastest way to replenish Longshot magazines.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

6. A nice NC Star red dot tactical scope. Provides pinpoint accuracy with micros.

Ranges

Longshot

Micro:

Long- 91.3 feet
Short- 83.4 feet
Average- 87.7 feet

Mega:

Long- 91.4 feet
Short- 78.5 feet
Avg- 88.4 feet

MPL

Rocket:
Long: 179.4'
Short: 153.7'
Average: 163.2'

Ball:
Long: 77.7'
Short: 63.1'
Average: 68.2'

Micro:
Long: 240.4'
Short: 222.6'
Average: 237.9'

Mega:
Long: 203.2'
Short: 187.8'
Average: 196.5'

Megas fired in shotgun form
Spread: 2' spread consistently
Range: Averaged out at a near constant 56'.

Posted Image
Intimidating, no? (And thanks to my dad for being the hand model)

Notes

The Longshot itself is nothing out of the ordinary. Has the standard spring replacement and air restrictor removal modifications that you would expect to see.

The MPL is a nifty addition to the Longshot. Not only does in provide a railgun/shotgun, but a fearsome rocket launcher. One of my cohorts told me that it was like have a "combat boot shot at me." It's attached to the CS-6 via black zip ties. The reasoning behind the zip ties is that I did not want to remove the bi-pod. If I wanted to take off the MPL, I'd just cut the zip ties. The MPL is very secure and does not move at all. The valve release rod has a small knob attached for easier firing. The MPL is fairly accurate once you get used to the system.

The MPL is angled slighty to compensate for it being mounted so low. This improves accuracy quite a bit. Yes, I will be painting the whole system very soon. Yes, I am aware that this looks like an M203 grenade launcher.

I usually do not like optics on my weapons, but I had this red dot that was borked, so I rewired it and stuck it on my CS-6. I zeroed it in as best I could and it turned out to be an excellent addition. Yes, it can handle the vibration of spring/air guns.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my system. It offeres me a stable multi-shot infatry weapon, a long range rifle, a close range shotgun, and an intimidating rocket launcher.

I hope you all enjoyed this Artemis Arms modification. And as always feel free to ask questions. Stay tuned for more Starbuck/Noid modifications.

Edit- Ranges added

#97314 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 28 December 2006 - 02:26 PM in Modifications

Scary and intimidating? Hell yeah. Good looking and clean? No. I love that you can fire all these different types of ammo. I can't stand seeing things like zip ties holding the internals of another gun onto the main peice. The stripper clips are badass. So overall I got mixed reviews one this one.

One thing I would reccomend is cutting off the bipod and cutting out that blue bit that comes with it underneath the bipod. Make sure it is straight and then epoxy,goop,glue the Titan pressure chamber onto the gun where the bipod used to be. Then using some big peice of PVC maybe 1.5 or 2" in diameter. Cut that in a half pipe and make some kinda of attachment to it so the Titan now becomes a pump action. Much like how that Laser master blaser gun worked.

What can I say I love the pump action. ;)

Observe:

It's attached to the CS-6 via black zip ties. The reasoning behind the zip ties is that I did not want to remove the bi-pod. If I wanted to take off the MPL, I'd just cut the zip ties. The MPL is very secure and does not move at all. The valve release rod has a small knob attached for easier firing. The MPL is fairly accurate once you get used to the system.

The whole point of the MPL at this stage is to be removeable. Yes, I actually use the bi-pod feature on the Longshot, especially when indoors. Therefore, I did not remove the bi-pod. I chose to attach the MPL using zip ties since they are easy to work with. So yes, I was fully aware that taking out the whole front under section would afford lots of room, and I might do that in the future, but the bi-pod are useful to me in certain situations. For what it is, a removeable launcher on a stock gun shell, it's as clean as one can get.

I agree, the zip ties are not pleasing to the eye. A nice paint job should make the ties less noticeable. I'll be painting it soon, so no worries.

Wow! Great mod. What spring did you use to replace or add? did you add any barrel material? Did you increase the real between the bolt and barrel? Thanks a lot

Thank you, sir. The spring I used is from Home Depot. They are called "Handyman Springs." They work wonders. I added no barrel material since the stock barrel is conducive for my mega stefans. And... I don't believe I understand your last question, InkJet.

#97412 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 30 December 2006 - 02:45 PM in Modifications

You used one of those heavy duty Nitefinder springs right? Is noise a problem, or have you done somethign to eliminate that?

No, no... I use "Handyman Springs." It's a spring I get from my local Home Depot. They are the length of a first generation Nite Finder spring, but are much heavier. They're just beast springs. And no, noise isn't a problem. Just fill in some empty spaces with FBR.