KBarker's Content

There have been 122 items by KBarker (Search limited from 24-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#122209 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by KBarker on 06 September 2007 - 03:04 AM in General Nerf

I'll throw my arsenal into the collection. I usually buy guns, fire a shot or two, then rip them apart to mod them. I've linked some of them to my mod threads.

1- NF (Rifle)
1- NF
1- Clipped NF
2- Mavericks, CPVC'd
2- RF 20s (PETG'd)
1- Magstrike
1- Titan
1- Scout
1- BBB
1- Longshot (Angel breech, CS foregrip)
1- Manta Ray
1- LBB (with SMDTG integration)
1- Ripsaw
1- DT3
1- SSPB

Casualties of modding:
1- Hornet
1- SM3K yellow
1- NF (intentionally, it was hacked up for the NF rifle)

#120885 Titan Help!

Posted by KBarker on 23 August 2007 - 02:38 AM in Modifications

It's really kinda weird. It's like 15 pumps is OK, and then 16 it goes like half as far. I'll crack it open tomorrow and see if I can find anything screwy.

#120871 Titan Help!

Posted by KBarker on 22 August 2007 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

I doubt it's my darts, even though they are light (one BB) since they don't do anything weird out of the barrel. What's the check valve? Is it the valve that connects to the Hornet? Or maybe the pressure gauge?

#120800 Titan Help!

Posted by KBarker on 22 August 2007 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

Yes, I looked at all the mod writeups and searched. So I just modded my new Titan just like ompa, basic AR removal, pump plug, and barrel. The barrel is 18" CPVC. It works fine up to about 15 pumps. If I pump it more, range goes down drastically. I know most people pump plugged Titans 25 pumps or so, right? I don't hear any air leaking while I pump it up, and when I fire it sounds like a big whoosh. Ideas?

#120759 Nitefinder Modification Writeup

Posted by KBarker on 22 August 2007 - 01:31 PM in Modifications

Might as well add my PPK. I hot glued in cardboard first, then added JB weld and sanded it down. I put a piece of wax paper between the halves so that the gun could still be opened.

Posted Image

#120195 Kbarker's Lbb

Posted by KBarker on 17 August 2007 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

This is truely amazing KBarker. I just have to do this. I have an LBB that is currently un-used, an old SM3K pump, and I'm about to have a set of the Spidey guns.

I have a few questions:

1. What's holding the Spidey guns in there?
2. What are the ranges of the Spidey guns?
3. Is it easy to bend that 1/8" brass to the shape you want?
4. Would It be possible to connect the Spidey guns to the LBB pump, and have both guns use that pump?
5. I'm assuming that's Petg. Can it fire stock darts, or is it Stefans only?
6. What did you use to connect the two Spidey guns to one pump?
7. Do you ever have trouble with darts from the Spidey guns hitting the LBB's main barrel as they fire?

This gun is awesome. Great Job, KBarker!

1. Hot glue. Lots of hot glue. They fit in the opening of the LBB like they were meant to go there, and they are tight on the larger tube that goes around the barrel. I believe it is 3/4" thin-wall PVC.
2. Don't know. I don't think it's nearly as far as Falcon and Baghead have been getting though, probably 40-50 feet.
3. No, it was a pain. Something more flexible would be easier.
4. No idea.
5. Yes, PETG. I don't use stock ammo much, it should still fire.
6. A Rain Drip tee connector
7. No.

Could you please elaborate on the trigger system.

Not sure what needs to be elaborated, there is a brass tube that runs from the spidey trigger tubes to the keyring, with a cable inside it. The cable is connected to a small piece of plastic that links the trigger buttons together. Pulling on the cable pushes the buttons in.

#120140 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 17 August 2007 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

Finished my LBB integration:

Posted Image

More details HERE

#120138 Kbarker's Lbb

Posted by KBarker on 17 August 2007 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

Paintjob is done. I wanted some silver color on the gun, but I couldn't get my masking good enough. I may go back and hand brush it, it's a lot of black. I also finished up the pump handle, which is a SuperSoaker handle, fixed the keyring trigger by switching to picture wire, and added a sight. The SM3K pump actually takes about 7 pumps to fill up the Spidey guns, not 5 as I previously thought. I replaced the 12" barrel on the LBB with a 15" one, mostly for looks, it didn't seem to affect performance. Overall I'm very happy with the gun, the LBB has awesome power and accuracy and the SMDTGs make an excellent backup shotgun-type weapon.

Posted Image

Barrel off:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keyring trigger. I used the smallest picture wire at Ace, 1/8"OD brass tubing, and some crimp-on wire connectors to set it up.
Posted Image

The brass runs between the trigger tubes and pulls on a small plastic rectangular piece that connects the triggers together.
Posted Image

#120048 Nf+sspb, A Different Way.

Posted by KBarker on 16 August 2007 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

Truly sick. I agree with Telekinetic though, it would be ideal if you could have the SSPB primed and fire it independently of the NF. Perhaps it already does this. Awesome work!

#119827 Did Nh Go Down Today Or Was It Just Me?

Posted by KBarker on 15 August 2007 - 05:35 PM in Site Feedback

Me too, probably down about 3 hours.

#119818 Rf 20 Or Magstrike?

Posted by KBarker on 15 August 2007 - 04:47 PM in General Nerf

Having both, I like the RF20 a little better, simply because of the 20 shot capacity. My modified Magstrike shoots a little harder, and I think it also empties the ammo faster. It's really a personal choice. If you go with an RF20, expect to take several minutes of reloading and pumping, and then simply blasting the crap out of an opponent indoors. For both guns I have had great success replacing the barrels with OMC's PETG.

#119694 Kbarker's Lbb

Posted by KBarker on 14 August 2007 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

One thing I've always wondered is, what does LBB stand for??

Lanard Blast Bazooka

Telekinetic- Thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure exactly how the trigger mechanism works, I think cutting there could wreck it. It seems like it should be fine, but I'm not willing to risk my gun for it. You are correct that the double hose towards the front is for a pump.

#119671 Kbarker's Lbb

Posted by KBarker on 14 August 2007 - 06:29 PM in Modifications

I see what you're saying, but I think it works better for me like this. I considered leaving the pull string out entirely and just sticking the push buttons out the side, but it would look kinda ugly. I see this being used as a last resort at close range, after missing with the LBB. In that case you'd probably fire off all 6 shots in one burst.

#119667 Kbarker's Lbb

Posted by KBarker on 14 August 2007 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

Yeah, they both fire off one trigger, so it fires 3 bursts of 2 darts each. It would have been cool to make it able to fire all 6 individually, but I couldn't figure out a simple way to do it.

You could make one spidey blaster's trigger-cord slightly shorter than the other, so you get alternating sequential fire.

There's only one cord.

Telekinetic - I don't get it. Need pics.

#119613 Kbarker's Lbb

Posted by KBarker on 14 August 2007 - 01:36 PM in Modifications

Yeah, they both fire off one trigger, so it fires 3 bursts of 2 darts each. It would have been cool to make it able to fire all 6 individually, but I couldn't figure out a simple way to do it.

#119609 Kbarker's Lbb

Posted by KBarker on 14 August 2007 - 01:12 PM in Modifications

'm going to paint it when I get all the bugs worked out.

Did anyone else catch this?

What's there to catch?

#119530 Kbarker's Lbb

Posted by KBarker on 14 August 2007 - 12:55 AM in Modifications

I am now starting to see what you guys mean.
I love the internal pics.

I knew you'd come around. The beauty of it is that you can make the tubing whatever length you want and it doesn't affect the power, since the pressure is stored right next to the barrel. And the barrel assembly is incredibly compact, you can put them onto anything. The hardest part is dealing with all the tubing, that's why I liked the LBB as the whole front of the gun is empty space.

#119528 Star Wars Rebel Trooper Blaster Mod

Posted by KBarker on 14 August 2007 - 12:50 AM in Modifications

Very nice, this looks a lot like my original NF rifle, I taped two NF plungers together just like you did. You're not going to get the full benefit out of the larger plunger unless you use a longer barrel and ram stefans all the way down it, however. I might have to get one of these and try it myself, although I'm a little turned off by the price. I saw one at Fred Meyer for about $25 I think. Great mod!

#119501 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 13 August 2007 - 11:30 PM in Modifications

You guys are all slackers! :lol: I've already got an integration mostly done!
LBB with dual Spidey guns

#119497 Kbarker's Lbb

Posted by KBarker on 13 August 2007 - 11:20 PM in Modifications

So, I got the super-cool Spiderman Dart Tag set, but didn't have anything good to integrate it into. Then I found an LBB at Walgreens, and here is what I've come up with. Still a work in progress, the fishing line I used for the DTG trigger is too stretchy. I arranged the Spidey guns around the main LBB barrel, and they are fired from a keyring that runs down to the handle. They are pumped with a pump from a SM3K, which is much larger than the stock Spidey pumps. It fills both guns in about 5 pumps. I still need to find/make a handle for the pump. I also took the handle off of the SM3K and used it for support in the front. The LBB itself has very simple mods, but it is really powerful. It just has a coupled 1/2" CPVC barrel, 12" long. I'm going to paint it when I get all the bugs worked out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#119437 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 13 August 2007 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

I didn't say that they were earth-shattering, but it's nice to be able to get them locally.

#119423 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 13 August 2007 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

I found some nifty plastic barb connectors today. They fit the Nerf tubing perfectly, and come in T's and butt connectors. They are called Rain-Drip, and are available at hardware stores and gardening places.

#119409 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 13 August 2007 - 03:41 PM in Modifications

Why not just relocate the "Detonator" along the side of the handle of your gun... so that you can press it with your thumb and still use the trigger of the other gun? that's what I'll be doing when I get some more tubing connectors.

-bags

That's one way to do it. I'm going to try a simply string-pull type trigger today, we'll see if it works.

#119276 Magstrike Modification.

Posted by KBarker on 12 August 2007 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I saw that. But I'm not sure if it's the same PETG as OMC's. I guess the longer barrels like that probably help if it is OMC's PETG, since it's looser than the 17/32" brass.

Yes, I use OMCs PETG, and Forsaken's red foam. The gun shoots real well, but of course with 3" barrels you can only use stefans. I believe the longer barrels improve the range though.

#119274 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 12 August 2007 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

You might try extending the tubes, and running them outside the shell through holes to accomodate the lack of internal space in the Mav shell. Then, after a paintjob, it'd basically look like some alien gun with tubes full of goo-like shit all over the place.

I thought about that, but I found an LBB at my local Walgreens and I'm gonna use that instead. Luckily I didn't destroy the Mav, so I can use it for something else.

#119144 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 11 August 2007 - 02:19 AM in Modifications

I cut the hoses off and hot glued in some temporary tubes to make sure it worked, no problems with it. I tried to integrate two of them into a Mav shell, but there just isn't room for all the tubing. It's a shame because the Mav drum matches the barrel pattern exactly. I don't really have a good candidate to integrate them into, I could really use an LBB.

#119092 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 10 August 2007 - 02:57 PM in Modifications

Oops, my mistake. I thought the air tank was the piece with all 4 tubes going into it. It seems to operate much like 3 SSPBs.

#119057 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 10 August 2007 - 11:20 AM in Modifications

Looks like he cut that barrel a little short, probably by accident. The bases are all the same height. There's only one airtank for all 3 barrels BTW.

#119033 Disk Shot Guns At Wal-mart

Posted by KBarker on 09 August 2007 - 11:45 PM in General Nerf

I saw the expansion pack at Wal-Mart today, as well as the full version for $50. The gun looks much like a NiteFinder in person, but the front end is much bulkier.

#119032 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 09 August 2007 - 11:42 PM in Modifications

OK, I've got my PETG barrels on. I tried 3" on the first one and noticed that they fired further when they weren't shoved all the way in. 2" barrels on the 2nd one worked much better. There's also no need to glue the barrels, just dremel out the tabs at the base of the barrel stub and wrap about 1.5 turns of E tape on the PETG.

#119028 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 09 August 2007 - 10:31 PM in Modifications

Wow. I just picked up some of these and 5 minutes later I've already got the ARs out. Give me another 10 minutes and I'll have PETG barrels. Truly an amazing gun. The barrels, trigger, and pump are only connected with tube, if we could figure out how to extend the tubes, you can put the trigger and pump anywhere on another gun you want.

#118920 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 09 August 2007 - 12:50 AM in Modifications

Wow, I must have tried every other search term possible. Thanks. $33 seems kinda steep to me, but if they're as good as Falcon says they are.......

#118914 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 09 August 2007 - 12:03 AM in Modifications

OK, I've looked all over (TRU, Amazon, Target) and I can't find these online. How much do they cost?

#118586 Rf20 Swappable Drum

Posted by KBarker on 06 August 2007 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

Kickass!!

Mind if I ask you how you got that black rear handle case off the RF 20?

I just bought one 2 days ago, and I tried to open up the gun, but that 1 piece wouldn't let me. I really don't want to have to resort to violence with it since it's such a great gun. But I really want to slice those pegs off, so got any tips?

This piece was a major bitch to get off on both my RF20s. You have to cut the glue all the way around between the black and gray pieces before it will come off. I used a knife and pried the hell out of it. Don't expect the black piece to look too great once you're through with it.

#117644 The Eyes Of Fire.

Posted by KBarker on 30 July 2007 - 02:59 PM in Modifications

Absolutely incredible. I think to take full advantage of HPA, however, you should add drop-and-swap turrets. The slowest part of reloading an RF20 is always shoving all the darts into the barrels. Thanks for mentioning my spacers on that beast!

#113812 My Real Hobby...

Posted by KBarker on 29 June 2007 - 08:07 PM in Off Topic

Have you done any antweight bots?

Yep, they are a lot of fun for much less cash than a bigger bot. I actually prefer beetles (3 pounds) they are a little easier to work on and are heavy enough you can actually use metal frames.

#113099 My Real Hobby...

Posted by KBarker on 26 June 2007 - 01:27 AM in Off Topic

I'm assuming you have something along the lines of sponsors?

Nope, no sponsors, sadly. My bots are entirely self built and financed. As you can imagine it eats up most of my expendable cash.

"Any chance Ziggo, Nightmare, Biohazard, or any of the Scrap Daddies were there?"

Nope, these bots haven't competed in several years. However, Carlo (builder of Biohazard) was there with Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters) promoting some really lame boxing robots they made.

"How smart do you need to be to build one of these?"

I started building bots about 5 years ago, as a freshman in high school with no experience at all in electronics, machining, or metalworking. It took me a full year to get my original 120 pound bot done. I've since learned a huge amount and my latest bot (the 60) I designed fully in SolidWorks and did the entire assembly and wiring in 3 weeks. Anyone can learn to build a bot by learning from what has been done before and a lot of trial and error. Much like nerfers, bot builders are very open with their designs and are quick to help another builder.

#113071 My Real Hobby...

Posted by KBarker on 25 June 2007 - 09:20 PM in Off Topic

Is the weapon on the big one just a big piece of metal or is it sharpened? How much does it cost to make one of these and where do you get the parts?

The weapon on the big one is a titanium bar with S7 tool steel teeth. The teeth are not really sharpened to cut, they are more a blunt impact weapon, with the corners left square to get a bite on the opponent. This design didn't work, becuase as you can see in the video the titanium cracked in its second match. I am going to use a simpler one-piece design next time. My bots have cost me quite a bit. The 3 bots cost roughly $3000, $2000, and $750 from largest to smallest. I get the parts from a wide variety of sources, a good place to start is www.robotmarketplace.com

The weight classes work just like you would think, for example a "middleweight" can weigh between 60 and 120 pounds. Naturally you try to get as close to the limit as possible to cram the most power into your bot. My biggest bot weighed exactly 118.5 lbs. at the event, and my other two bots were really close at 59.5 and 12.0.

#113010 My Real Hobby...

Posted by KBarker on 25 June 2007 - 02:34 PM in Off Topic

These 3 are mine, if you couldn't tell in the video.

Posted Image

Yes, they are electric. Damage does kinda suck when it happens to your bot, my biggest bot was damaged pretty badly. I had my titanium blade trashed and a $350 weapon motor destroyed. They are almost never a total loss however. Usually most of the expensive stuff is still in one piece and can be carried over when the bot is rebuilt.

#112943 My Real Hobby...

Posted by KBarker on 25 June 2007 - 12:47 AM in Off Topic

For those who are interested, I just got back from the biggest fighting robot competition in the world. Here is a video of my bots kicking ass. There are 3 of my bots in the video, 12 pounds, 60 pounds, and 120 pounds. The 60 pounder took 2nd place. There are lots more videos on my youtube page.