pjotrkuh's Content

There have been 239 items by pjotrkuh (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#262154 Big Salvo Help

Posted by pjotrkuh on 17 January 2010 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

Maybe the magstrike button doesn't release the air fast enough.

#261987 "paintball" Guns

Posted by pjotrkuh on 16 January 2010 - 07:22 AM in General Nerf

Indeed the pistol splat guns (I found a molded in brand name: Sport Tech) are very well constructed and of high quality plastics molded, but they are a fucking pain in the ass to reassemble, especially the magnum.

But for you guys I openend them and took extra footage of the innards:

Posted Image

Plungertubes, springs and plungers, the bigger ones offcourse from the magnum

Posted Image

Plungertubes

Posted Image

Plungers, you can see on the larger(magnum) plunger, it has a double catch system (more in pics further on)

Posted Image

Springs!

Now for some other things I found:

Posted Image

The double catch system, why? I don't know.........

Posted Image

Position when lever pulled back.

Posted Image

Position when lever closed.

Posted Image

Lots of reinforcements....

Posted Image

Ok last but not least, due to the immense spring strength, and the plunger damper-spring, the grey plastic post that goes into the spring pushes outwards.
Over time it wil "wear" the plastic out where the steel bar goes in the plastic, there for causing trouble when putting the gun back together.

Overall I think it is a nice gun to mod, but to pull the gun apart you need to half prime the fucker to get to some screws.

So put some safety glasses on when working on this gun!

#261986 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by pjotrkuh on 16 January 2010 - 03:05 AM in General Nerf

FUNNY: on a dutch website you can pre-order longstrikes and longshots, both for the same very fucking high price of 70(!!!) euro's, guess which one I preffer to pre-order.......

#261895 Helping Air Seal On Revolving Barrel Guns

Posted by pjotrkuh on 15 January 2010 - 05:36 AM in Modifications

Some Nerf Guns already utilize this design, such as the Arrowstorm.

As wel as the paintball shooting pistol-splat, when loading, the barrel travels forward, a ball fals in and on the back stroke of the prime, the barrel returns and the cone presses into a rubber pad

#261672 "paintball" Guns

Posted by pjotrkuh on 13 January 2010 - 03:42 PM in General Nerf

I will someday take them both apart, not at the moment because I just put the damn thing together and somewhat working again, next time I take them apart I will compare them better for you guys.

Here's some general info altogether:

(By magnum I reffer to the bigger gun offcourse)

Both have the same strength spring, but the magnum spring is longer. (like an inch orso)

Both have the same diameter plungertube, but again the magnum tube is longer. (half an inch)

Both have the same style plunger head, plunger"rod" and plunger dampener, again the plunger"rod" is longer on the magnum.

Also the pistol splat "paintball" blaster is gravity fed, (as if you did not know), but the magnum is fed from the underside, the "lever" pushes the barrel forward, (like the splat), a white plastic piece pushes a paintball upwards, on the back stroke of the lever, the barrel retracts by spring(just like the splat) and so the paintball is loaded.

Funny thing is they both use the same springs for barrel seal, as for plunger dampener.

I don't have any other pistol-splats to compare to, this type of pistol splat is the only type they sell over here.

Im speculating now, and I think most of you did this already, but by removing the plunger dampening spring you will already gain a couple of feet, or not?

Offcourse you would need to reinforce the plungertube.......

#261654 "paintball" Guns

Posted by pjotrkuh on 13 January 2010 - 04:52 AM in General Nerf

It looks like a pistol splat on steroids. Also, you mentioned that the spring is longer, but is it stronger?

I believe it is the same strength, so it has the same wire thickness, only longer, so more plunger travel, hence the longer plunger tube, they also have the same plunger dampening, with the spring..........

#261586 "paintball" Guns

Posted by pjotrkuh on 12 January 2010 - 02:30 PM in General Nerf

*bump* Sorry for the double post, got the blasters in today, placed pictures in the first post, I've got some ideas to mod the magnum to take darts.

Stock barrels are loose on stock darts but fire quite good, when I find good breech building barrel material maybe I could build some kind of clip fed breech working semi-auto with the priming mech

Maybe tomorrow, if I feel like messing around with the f&%*@#g internals, some better internal pictures.

#261581 Recon Grenade Launcher Attatchment

Posted by pjotrkuh on 12 January 2010 - 01:55 PM in Modifications

Wow way to keep bickering. I'm glad this has gotten a decent amount of views. But seriously where the heck do I buy an AT2K?

Try the trade section..............

#261475 "paintball" Guns

Posted by pjotrkuh on 11 January 2010 - 08:43 AM in General Nerf

You realize the pistol splat is almost as common as the NF among nerfers... You really didnt have to buy it just to take internal pics.

Indeed, they've been posted numerous times by many people.
For everyone's ease of reference, here's one such thread.
Although it should be convenient to see them side by side, if the internals are as similar as I have always expected.

Indeed thats why, maybe it contains a stronger spring or something, or a longer plunger tube, we'll see and because I bought both I can picture them side by side, with the NF tube.
And because there are so many different types of these pistol splat, maybe this one is shittier.....

As for the magnum from the pictures it looks like it has a larger "lever" to pull the plunger back, so my fingers are crossed.

(and I always wanted a pistol splat :-D)

#261163 "paintball" Guns

Posted by pjotrkuh on 08 January 2010 - 06:15 AM in General Nerf

I would like to buy one and check it out but the pricetag of 40 euro's is holding me back, calculating to dollars this would be 30 dollars orso......

1 Euro = 1.4327 US Dollars

It's actually almost 60 dollars, it's been years since the dollar was worth more then the Euro.

Then again, in tax difference or some thing, prices vary:

Recon: dollars = 24.99 (toys r us) euro's= 29.99
NF: dollars= 8.99 (toys r us) euro's= 11.99

Ontopic:

I've taken one for the team.... I ordered both and will take comparison pictures of the internals next to standard blaster internals, (most likely a NF Plunger tube).

When I get back next monday I expect to have them at home....

#261079 "paintball" Guns

Posted by pjotrkuh on 07 January 2010 - 04:45 AM in General Nerf

I would like to buy one and check it out but the pricetag of 40 euro's is holding me back, calculating to dollars this would be 30 dollars orso......

#260939 "paintball" Guns

Posted by pjotrkuh on 06 January 2010 - 02:04 PM in General Nerf

Ok I know this "paintball" gun is very good moddable for darts:

Posted Image

Otherwise known as the pistol splat(?) or chalk blaster

But has anyone bought and checked this one for dart modding purposes?:

Posted Image

EDIT: Pictures of the "magnum" blaster:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry for the crappy internals picture, the orange piece on the front is like the solid rings on the pistol splat, but only a crapload bigger.......so it took a while to take apart.
The original "ball loader" mech is quite complicated, it took me an hour to put the gun back together.

The plunger tube has the same size as the pistolsplat but is an inch longer, it has the same size spring but its like 2 inches longer.

So in all, it would be a nice gun to mod, also due to the large shell one could easily slap in other internals.

#260936 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by pjotrkuh on 06 January 2010 - 01:17 PM in General Nerf

It doesn't look any "compacter" then a Recon to me..... also the breech is a normal one ,as for the plungerhead can rotate in the plungertube.............so no "new" internals I suggest.

#260935 Blaster Care.

Posted by pjotrkuh on 06 January 2010 - 01:11 PM in General Nerf

Sorry Guardian21 with air blasters I ment pressurized blasters lake at-series and hornets and stuff'.

Just for the record:

With dry fire-ing the plunger head slams into the barrel post, creating stress, especially with multiple springs and stronger spring replacements.

Also when replacing springs be careful at measuring spring length, as a too long spring will put more unnecassary stress on the plunger tube barrel-post.

#260911 Blaster Care.

Posted by pjotrkuh on 06 January 2010 - 04:58 AM in General Nerf

Indeed you can leave the spring inside, but don't put it away primed, and for springers: don't dry-fire often.

Dry fireing air blasters once and a while is good for expelling dirt and keeps the rubber seal from drying/cracking.

#260756 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by pjotrkuh on 05 January 2010 - 12:28 PM in General Nerf

As much as I want to see the internals I do not want to pester someone who does not want to disassemble his extremely new and currently very rare blaster.

but you need to take more pics if you wanna help us out... If you prime the blaster and angle your camera so it can see diagonally into the slot for the priming lever it should give us a hint of the insides... take a pic primed and unprimed from several angles.... probably would not hurt to take a pic or two from the bottom without the magazine in the way also.

Don.

And maybe a picture of the prime indicator?

#260752 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by pjotrkuh on 05 January 2010 - 12:18 PM in General Nerf

In both the LS and the Recon you can position the bolt anywhere,
We'll just have to ask Kevinirecon to please, please, please *drops to his knee......* open the gun and take some internal pictures, just to end the goddamn speculations!

But if he see's a small orange dot on the back when primed it's inverted, only thing I want to know is how big the plungertube is, is it like the recon or bigger or might even be smaller......

#260738 "new" Maverick Hex Design?

Posted by pjotrkuh on 05 January 2010 - 06:44 AM in General Nerf

if you would, please, check for another change. The engineers talked about how they wanted to change the Maverick's dart pegs to allow it to fire streamline darts, but they could not, because the design was under protection due to the millions upon millions sold. Would you mind checking the pegs?

Both my wife's and my Maverick's shoot streamline's unmodified. This isn't normal?

Uhmm what? Any nerf gun can shoot any dart lol, Other than the CS line which can only shoot streamlines and stefans.

My unmodded Furyfire doesn't shoot streamlines, the pegs are like 3/4 inch to long.....

#259959 Trouble Opening A Maverick

Posted by pjotrkuh on 28 December 2009 - 12:54 PM in Modifications

ok you'll need to use the clawhammer between the barrel and the grey piece, the orange pieces aren't gleued in, they are forced on to the rod, when you took out the AR's you can use the clawhammer again but then to smack the orange piece back on... good luck

#259584 Cyanide & Happiness

Posted by pjotrkuh on 22 December 2009 - 03:48 PM in Off Topic

I got the joke..........I did not laugh.

#259564 Soda Bottle Nerf Gun

Posted by pjotrkuh on 22 December 2009 - 11:23 AM in Homemades

While we're on the topic of the safety of pop bottles, I have a question.

Does anyone know if using something like fiberglass+epoxy to reinforce a 2 liter one will make it significantly safer to operate at higher pressures (ie will hold its own at higher pressures)? Would it be impractical to assume that covering all surface area on the bottle with fiberglass is possible?

And for making a safer explosion, what about using denim and duck tape? I know that doesn't work for PVC shrapnel, but this plastic is significantly lighter and thinner.

Something hard like epoxy will actually make it more dangerous.

Duck/t tape wrapped tightly will actually make it more dangerous.

What you want to be looking for is to contain the explosion, not to stop it. I have done exactly that with denim and duct tape but NOT TIGHT. Layers, with some room to expand. Then zip it all into a backpack for more convenience and an additional layer.

Indeed, a backpack will be sufficient enough to contain an explosive decompression I think.......

An advantage of using soda bottles is that you can use another (smaller) bottle when you blew up your old one!!

#259350 Soda Bottle Nerf Gun

Posted by pjotrkuh on 19 December 2009 - 05:21 AM in Homemades

Regardless of the dangers of PVC... Pop bottles? Seriously? Does anyone know how to say "ghetto" in noob-speak? I mean come ON.

I used small and even large soda bottles for replacement lego's pressure tanks.......although I used an OPRV to prevent popping hoses

Posted Image

#259302 Soda Bottle Nerf Gun

Posted by pjotrkuh on 18 December 2009 - 09:46 AM in Homemades

Please keep in mind that when pvc fails, it produces much more sharp shards flying violently everywhere, carbonated soda bottles are designed to take some pressure, pvc is not!

#259163 Jspb Dyne V6

Posted by pjotrkuh on 16 December 2009 - 01:37 PM in Homemades

Ok. Now about the darts. I know that you have to shake the gun vertically in order to reload the next dart into the barrel. How can that be? The barrel is brass, or in your mod (Galaxy) a CPVC barrel. You cant just shake a dart in there and expect the dart to go in there. It has to be airtight and that takes some amount of force to get a stephan in a CPVC. Explain how that is.

You'll need to sand the inside of the barrel tube so the dart will slide in a bit, and gets stuck in the barrel,

#259158 Breachless Raider/longshot

Posted by pjotrkuh on 16 December 2009 - 11:14 AM in Modifications

Wow that will be a SHITload of dead space,
also, because of the pressure of the rotation mech, you cannot get the dart to "seal" or enter the barrel, thus the air will travel around the dart instead of pushing it through the barrel.

If used as a hopper clip, the pressure of the darts lying on top of each other will cause the same problem as above.

Or am I mistaking? please post pictures for clarification....

#258269 Alternative Hobby/activity Thread

Posted by pjotrkuh on 07 December 2009 - 11:15 AM in Off Topic

Well besides nerf modding, I like to make steampunk stuff, jewelry and the like.
I have other "collections" like lego's and warhammer, but work is busy lately so they are gathering dust on shelves...

And then there is the almighty Xbox 360, I like playing co-op campain games and firefight in Halo ODST.

#258057 Official "show Off Your Longshot Thread"

Posted by pjotrkuh on 05 December 2009 - 08:00 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image
Yes the front piece is a minimized recon barrel

Posted Image

#257993 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by pjotrkuh on 04 December 2009 - 01:27 PM in Modifications

^^you really had to pull those faces and post them here?^^

Anyway here is my extreme-minimized-singled Hornet:

overview left to right: Hornet tank, blast button, plugged hornet pump
Posted Image

Close-up
Posted Image

Generous amounts of hotglue and a few pieces of pvc.....
Posted Image

It only takes 1 pump to get the standard hornet ranges, it "plops" really hard at 3 pumps more pumps result in a weird tank valve screw-up making the dart fall at 2 feet.

It's intended use is/was for an integration into a LS scope (hence black e-tape rings).
But the scope shell is terribly disformed by the boiling water I tried to remove the rings with, wich didn't budge, I only managed to remove the smaller ring...

#257432 Airtech 4000 Overhaul

Posted by pjotrkuh on 28 November 2009 - 03:31 AM in Modifications

Maybe you could use an airbed pump?

But that would be a bitch to seal properly...........

#257368 New Stefans

Posted by pjotrkuh on 27 November 2009 - 06:29 AM in General Nerf

Here is an Idea, why not cut the sharp spike off of the tack, yes that would be like using a washer but if you really want to use thumb tacks this would take away part of the danger. Seriously though, you need to put felt over that.

That is actually a good idea. If you cut off the spike, hot glued the thumbtack into the foam, and then hot glued a small piece of foam onto the tack this could work, but really it's up to whoever's running the war.

Wouldn't the thumbtack with the spike cut-off be to light to function properly? And why going through the trouble of cutting the spike?

#257308 New Stefans

Posted by pjotrkuh on 26 November 2009 - 12:56 PM in General Nerf

Yeah really, every moron knows that anyone can step or fall into the sharp end of the tack EVEN when it is covered with foam, the tack may have come off, or the tack punctures through the foam, so it is dangerous to use.....

#257227 Longshot Scope Question

Posted by pjotrkuh on 25 November 2009 - 09:47 AM in Modifications

Dip it in some almost boiling water. It will destroy the bond between the plastics and the glue. It'll pop off much easier.

is there any possibility that this will turn the lense opaque?

It should not, boiling water is not agressive on plastic.

#256666 A Declaration To My Fellow Nerfers

Posted by pjotrkuh on 18 November 2009 - 06:23 AM in Articles

Amen Talio, Amen

As for me I've never been to a war, hell the only nerfers that have a war here are larpers, witch I'm not, I'm not an actor, I don't want to have another personality of me to act in a "war" or fight with other actors, who glorify themselves and I don't want to be restricted in my amount of darts I can fire.

The NIC over here is very small, as well in age as in numbers: 12-13 year old kids who think painting their blasters flat black is cool...Telling me their vulcan shoots farther and bragging about they have a magstrike and I don't...who cares.......

I joined here just to modify blasters and paint them in cool color shemes, integrating blasters in each other and show them to you people, giving my opinion on some of your guns and helping you people out with solutions to your problems, like you do for me...

BTW: Talio nice reffering to Metallica's - King Nothing

#256665 "silencing" My Nf

Posted by pjotrkuh on 18 November 2009 - 05:52 AM in Modifications

I use an old cut-up matress filling, I cut it in strips and squares and superglue them in the shell, works a treat on my LS, Recon, Raider and Furyfire

#256362 (not) Official Swine Flu Thread!

Posted by pjotrkuh on 15 November 2009 - 02:08 PM in Off Topic

Most people who die of the swine (in our country it's called the mexican) flu, have already got some kind of weakening illness, so their immune system was already fucked up before they got it.

It got scary over here when perfectly healthy people began to die, and it took a turn for the worse when a healthy baby got the flu shot and died.......

#256331 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by pjotrkuh on 15 November 2009 - 08:25 AM in Off Topic

I haven't noticed anymore camping then usual. The maps are pretty set up so you can flank if you need to. I guess it all depends on what game types your playing. I still don't see why everyone has a hard on for Halo, but I'm not going to harp on that. The third person game type is actually really cool and different. You almost have to completely change up your classes for it because attachments are useless. You can also peer around corners and shit. It's a pretty cool way to change things up if you get bored or frustrated.

The reason I get a hard on for halo, is when i sticky bomb someone, or some thing, you see it running for his life before dying.

And offcourse the cool things you can ride, for shooting and splattering enemy's, nothing beats taking a ghost and run some fucking brutes over.......

#255961 Red Recon

Posted by pjotrkuh on 11 November 2009 - 10:20 AM in General Nerf

Yes people have seen them:klik here

#255770 Rscb Clip

Posted by pjotrkuh on 09 November 2009 - 11:07 AM in Darts and Barrels

bla bla
-What can I use to separate the Longshot Clip Case? (without snapping apart the plastic)

Thanks in Advance :)

well, boil a good size pan of water, dip the clip in it and let the glue soften for a while, then take out the clip and pry lose the 2 tabs on the small sides of the clip, take out the 2 screws and your done!

remember: taking something glued appart requires really hot water and patience.....

#255708 Long Strike Commercial?!

Posted by pjotrkuh on 08 November 2009 - 03:21 PM in General Nerf

My friend told me she saw a commercial for the longstrike on cartoon network Ive searched all over the interweb and found nothing. can any one back my friend up or/and post a video of it?

Hey, All you have to do is google...

http://sgnerf.blogsp...-6-spotted.html

You do read that he asked for a commercial right?

Don't give him that google crap, and post a link to a site we all have seen already.....

On-topic:
I googled and came up blank, so I think your friend is a blonde and misunderstood the commercial......

#255576 Modified Nerf Stormfire With Nightfinder Plunger Rod

Posted by pjotrkuh on 07 November 2009 - 08:12 AM in Modifications

Private property does not protect you. Brandishing a firearm (or what looks like a firearm) in my front yard will still get my house surrounded by the police. We don't nag these guys because we want to be asshats. We nag them to protect them and ourselves. Besides, there is no style to all black.

Indeed some guy here, in The Netherlands was waving a TOY gun around in his house, someone saw it through the window and called the police, the guy got a fine for waving around a toy gun in his own house,.................

On topic: great mod, but please don't yell at me anymore, I hate being yelled at....thank you.