Photo

Trouble Opening A Maverick

5 replies to this topic

#1 cmolmen

cmolmen

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:18 AM

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. This forum's been a really useful tool for me, so I'd like to say thanks!

Now, on the the problem at hand. I'm having a few issues with my maverick. I'm trying a new mod, but I can't get to the internals of the barrel. I have everything removed save for the end parts upon which the barrel rotates; the gray pieces with the orange centers. The pinned thread that contains the directions has expired pictures, and I have been unable to find the instructions anywhere else. I know that I am supposed to use a screwdriver to pry a section off, but I don't quite know which part is supposed to be wedged. (I don't want to just start prying things off all willy-nilly.)

Would anyone be able to instruct me in how to open the barrel?

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:58 AM

Alright, there is this orange rod with two orange pieces glued on either end going through the turret. Use a crow bar or the back of a hammer, not a screw driver, and then pry on the top of the turret. Do this in a cardboard box or something, you need to keep all the pieces that you are separating. I have never had luck getting the orange piece back on just right so that popping the turret out and in is as easy as stock, so you might want to consider drilling out the AR's from the back if that's an option available to you.

#3 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:39 AM

It sounds like he's already got the rod removed, so he's just having trouble getting into the barrel itself. This is an issue I still remember having with the first Mav I modded. There are three screws on the front of it, and three on the back. Ignore the ones on the front, you won't need to mess with them, and remove the ones on the back. Then just pull. You should be able to get it with just your hands (assuming you have the upper body strength of a scrawny computer nerd). It will separate just past the part that is supposed to look like gears. Good luck.

#4 FatNerfer

FatNerfer

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:59 AM

Welcome to the Haven.
QUOTE(SchizophrenicMC @ Feb 8 2010, 08:57 AM) View Post
Because calling a nerfer a nerd is like calling water wet.

QUOTE(PunkPictures @ Oct 9 2009, 05:26 PM) View Post
nerfhaven is so fucking gay.

#5 cmolmen

cmolmen

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:43 AM

It's the rod that's giving me the trouble, yeah. Here's the best picture I could find online without having access to a camera.

Posted Image

So I need to use a claw hammer to pull off the orange part? Would I wedge the hammer between the gray plastic and the barrel itself, or somewhere else? Sorry for being so lost here; I haven't actually done a whole lot of this before. Most of my modding has been limited to crayola barrels and the like.

#6 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:54 PM

ok you'll need to use the clawhammer between the barrel and the grey piece, the orange pieces aren't gleued in, they are forced on to the rod, when you took out the AR's you can use the clawhammer again but then to smack the orange piece back on... good luck
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users