pjotrkuh's Content

There have been 239 items by pjotrkuh (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#234271 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by pjotrkuh on 04 June 2009 - 01:54 PM in Modifications

here are my babies:

mav's:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

all fully modded, AR removed, additional spring, notches removed and tactical rail spring inserted between barrel and front barrel mount

my Vulcan:

Posted Image

Posted Image

mods: AR removed and 12volt battery pack

#235254 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 09 June 2009 - 05:21 PM in Modifications

halfway picture: (took it 15 past midnight over here)

Posted Image

using grey lego technic pins to connect air hoses...... <_<

#235257 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 09 June 2009 - 05:38 PM in Modifications

im going to use the original hornet pump in the original position

#235265 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 09 June 2009 - 05:59 PM in Modifications

That thing looks pretty sweet. Like putting the power of a titan into the comfort of a firefly.

thank you thats exactly why im integrating it that big, i can minimize more but that wouldnt be comortable to me

and i modded the barrel so it can fire darts (ram rod type for now, investigating various barrel loading types to build in), and fire the humungous missile that comes with it

#235268 The Gemini

Posted by pjotrkuh on 09 June 2009 - 06:12 PM in Modifications

nice job!! hmmmz maybe its time for me to build a double maverick.................LOL :lol:

#235270 Sawn Off Ds

Posted by pjotrkuh on 09 June 2009 - 06:16 PM in Modifications

use a hacksaw with a saw for cutting steel or iron (very fine tooth) but dont go sawwing like a mad man, then youll melt the plastic

#235273 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 09 June 2009 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

That's going to require alot of pumping, you might want to try and squeeze the titan pump there because it has much more volume.

i disagree, i tested by connecting the hornet pump to the titan airtank-big-white-thingy and the pressure valve and it took about 10 to 15 pumps, instead for the 8 orso for the stock pump

#235316 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 09 June 2009 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

i modded the barrel so it can fire darts (ram rod type for now, investigating various barrel loading types to build in), and fire the humungous missile that comes with it

I suggest a cpvc coupler, you can pop in barrels of different lengths, speed-loaders, shotgun barrels, etc. and they're small enough that you can screw the stock barrel over it so you can still enjoy shooting the ridiculous huge missile.

well i think ill do something like that, first to find good barrels though, i live on the other side of the atlantic so it might get tricky to find good material (because of the metric dimensions etc, etc, ill probably end up walking through stores with a pocket full of darts, with people looking :lol: )

EDIT: just got a wicked idea, for a triple integration, gotta sleep on overnight to give it a thorough tought though (what a combination of words, and im not even english nor american!!:D )

#235322 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by pjotrkuh on 09 June 2009 - 09:10 PM in Off Topic

Gamer tag: pjotrkuh

games:

GOW 1&2
L4D
HALO
COD:WaW
Guitar Her World Tour
Guitar Hero 3
Army Of 2
Crackdown
Legendary
Burnout: Paradise

dont play much though, found another hobby, something with guns & foamdarts.........

oh BTW i live in Holland, Europe

#235396 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 10 June 2009 - 07:28 AM in Modifications

That's going to require alot of pumping, you might want to try and squeeze the titan pump there because it has much more volume.

i disagree, i tested by connecting the hornet pump to the titan airtank-big-white-thingy and the pressure valve and it took about 10 to 15 pumps, instead for the 8 orso for the stock pump

Do you mean the over pressure valve kicked in at 10-15 pumps? Because I don't think the hornet pump's OPV would be at the same rating as the titan's.

no i meant the pressure gauge sorry, the hornet pump is plugged, after 10-15 pumps the gauge says high and i couldnt see the dart fly when i pulled the trigger...

i apologize to fallinouttadabox..... it does need a lot of pumps to get it under high pressure, but at 15 pumps it shoots harder then a modded mav, alot harder

#235397 Easy Titan Mod Good For Newbeis

Posted by pjotrkuh on 10 June 2009 - 07:34 AM in Modifications

note:you doint have to open the gun to do this mod!!!!!!!and u can still shoot the big rocket and a stock darts

first cut out the top of the big barrel
ok now just screw of the big barrel.ok now get a cupler to fit a half inch pvc. hers the hard part so get ur hot glue gun and from the bottem of the big barrel put the big side of the cupler in first and glue it just above the screw part it might be hard u well get it now drill out ar of the gun and ther u go a good 150ft rang gut that can shoot both ammo note:the rocet will [u]NOT[b]get 150ft
sryno pics hopeu do it and this is my first mod on nerfhavn

did you lose the . button somewhere or what? take some valium to slow down and actually use dots. and your mod is way old i believe.....

#235418 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 10 June 2009 - 12:18 PM in Modifications

Sorry Captain Slug, on with the topic:

New Pictures:

First I used only the Hornet's pump,

Posted Image

as you can read it's taking a lot of time to pump to pressure.

So I added the original Titan pump:

Posted Image

Can't find good barrel materials (for stock darts, no streamlines) in stores here, electrical tubes are to tight or to loose, maybe on the internet.

#235591 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 11 June 2009 - 08:34 AM in Modifications

Nice idea to use both the pumps is it really hard to pump since there are the two pumps. Has it been tested it seems the way you connected the pumps together the whole thing of having two pumps defeats the purpose.

I had to read your post 3 times to understand and figure out you have 2 questions for me.....

Yes, after a good 6 pumps the gauge says high and it gets harder to pump, the titan pump leaks on the out stroke a bit.
The hornet pump is attached to the OP valve mount, so i need to be carefull.....

It takes about half the number of pumps to get to desired pressure, in comparison with 1 pump (hornet)
So 15-20 instead of 30-40

I did not understand your second question, as in "more is always better" i think 2 pumps (or 1 big pump) is better then one (smaller), as some fellows posted

#235594 Mav3k

Posted by pjotrkuh on 11 June 2009 - 08:45 AM in Modifications

Nice work!

For the rotation issue:

Have you got some small but strong springs lying around?
(like the one used in the clip on the underside of the Titan, to attach the Hornet)

On the back part of the trigger there's a notch where you can mount a spring,
hot glue a piece of plastic on the handle insides,
put the spring in between the plastic and the trigger and your done

#235637 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 11 June 2009 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

The pumps work together, so the titan pump and the hornet pump both put pressure on the hose to the titan firing tank.

The connection for the OP valve is located AFTER the Titan return valve, so it's not affecting it much,
though it does a little bit.

#235823 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 12 June 2009 - 11:59 AM in Modifications

Do you have any finished pictures by any chance?

Because I would like to see what it looks like finished, design looks great! I can't wait until its finished!

Still working on the blaster, (I dont have a name for it yet), have pictures of the barrel system though:

Posted Image

Left is the missile barrel, the coupler is fixed with electrical tape, hotglue and left over hornet screws

Posted Image

The barrel coupler, you can see the o ring (witch came with the coupler), the coupler (actually it's a reducer) simply fixed in with hotglue, as is the original barrel

Posted Image

A second coupler (reducer), witch will become a darts barrel, in the barrel coupler (not all the way in)

Posted Image

And last but not least, the amount of o rings I salvaged from the reducers, maybe usable in other projects

EDIT:

Posted Image

The finished blaster, still needs PJ and some holes to be filled

Ranges are typical modded Titan ranges I think, 100+ feet.
(Can't measure well, I use the bakery i work but its only about 100 feet long, the modded dart tag I used hit the door).
Missile range sucked, only 20 feet so I need to adjust something somewhere...

#235943 Brass Breech Problem

Posted by pjotrkuh on 13 June 2009 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

Maybe (I could be mistaking) there is a weld line along the lenght of the tube on the inside, or the tubes are slightly bended when transported or cut.

#236205 Switchshot Modification

Posted by pjotrkuh on 14 June 2009 - 12:57 PM in Modifications

Where is the video?

#237780 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 21 June 2009 - 01:07 PM in Modifications

I find it hard to believe that lego pieces are strong enough to hold the tubing together!
What kind of adhesive did you use on that?

Just superglue..... really....... :D

Anyway there is a semi-third integration coming up......... A maverick....

#237801 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 21 June 2009 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

That is one good looking gun. I might have to make me one. Nice job.

Don't make one like mine, make it better :D

More pic's!!!

Estimated total length....4 feet.... Yes thats a four....
Posted Image

Posted Image

I terribly suyck at write-ups, though I took some key build pic's witch can be found in my Majhost folder.
(Pictures #0073 'till #0091)

#237810 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 21 June 2009 - 03:45 PM in Modifications

Dude! that barrel addition is rediculus!!!!

I love it! How sturdy is it?

I don't think its sturdy enough, I'm going to mount the mav handle back on it to hold it.

And there are numerous problems im working on:

-Barrel (or cylinder) rotation (quite the same problem as in the Nitemav mod)
-Barrel (or cylinder) alignment issue (the hex bit)
-Crappy barrel replacement and rear loading issues
-And I will encounter manny, manny more problems as i go along
(not to mention other daily problems, like time-, money- and housekeeping shortage :D )

EDIT:

By the by PM me for questions, I shall try to help you in any way i can.

#237947 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 22 June 2009 - 07:13 AM in Modifications

The maverick turret is insane.

When you said you were going to do another, semi-third integration I was getting worried your were going to
slap to many guns together and make a big mess of this great gun, but you didn't.

With the maverick turret is the gun at all front heavy?

Dont know yet.... I'm still in the process of building, I am going to reattach the maverick handle,
on the bracket underneath the cylinder to reduce stress on the barrel coupling, and solve the rotation sealing issue, in fact I'm going to work on that right now!

Btw: thanks squee for the thread, however I already found that one (it was the inspiration)
However the plunger hole is in my opinion way to small to function with the vast amounts of air the Titan produces so i wanted it to be bigger, thus giving me some more trouble.....

EDIT: Just fired some darts, and it gives a nice "thumb" sound and a good velocity, only problem is that the only connection tot the titan is with the barrel couplers, witch are a bit flexible, working on it!

#238030 Paintshop Help

Posted by pjotrkuh on 22 June 2009 - 03:30 PM in Modifications

Heya guys, I was doing a repaint of one of my blasters, replacing the stickers with actual paint and I found myself needing to do a gradient, but I don't have a clue how to do one. Could anyone give me some tips?

Here's an example of what I'm trying to do (made it in GIMP)
Posted Image

The only way I can see this work is with either airbrush or a spray can.

Start spraying close tot the material (in your example, on the black side) and back away as you go along the gradient line (in the direction of the yellow bit, in your example).

Airbrush is the best way to go I think.

Ow and practice on some cardboard orso first offcourse :D

#238184 Longshot Recon /lr-7

Posted by pjotrkuh on 23 June 2009 - 01:54 PM in Modifications

Nice work, I like integrations like that.

Nice work on the Titan to!

#238710 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 26 June 2009 - 08:06 AM in Modifications

i'm making an extended turret like this, so I have to ask if the turret can still come out and if so, then what you used as the pin going through the center.

(aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh just deleted a almost done write up :cry: poor me!)

Well here we go again:

NOTE: this only works without the barrels mounted in the plack piece of the turret!!

Material:
- Mav turret, disassembled

Tools:
-Hacksaw
-Screwdriver (duh)
-Glue (hot glue will do nice)
-Vice (optional, comes in pretty handy for cutting steel rod.....)

OK let's start at the "orange" end, cut off, drill out or whatever the original barrels.
(I used a 5/8" butterfly drill) and mount your barrels

Cut the steel rod of the mav turret in 2 pieces: 1,5 inch and 2 inch (use the outer ends with the roughing)
Hammer the 1,5" rod with the rough end into the plastic stopper and glue them into the grey bracket:
Posted Image
Assembled:
Posted Image

Now for the tricky part, because I can't take pictures of this.

Hammer the 2" rod into the other plastic stopper, and assemble the other end, then take another piece of plastic and glue it to the rod on the inside of the turret, but make sure the rod can travel freely like it did in the original assembly in the maverick.

Assemble the rest.
Youre done!

Again sorry for not having more pictures, I just go along modding and forget to take them!

EDIT: This is my first sort-off write up, comments?

#238712 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 26 June 2009 - 08:16 AM in Modifications

write up

Nice! Very good for a first write-up... although I have already glued the barrels to the base... :( I can do this though, just in a different way.

To bad, I guess you can use a really long rod. :lol: (sig?)

#238745 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 26 June 2009 - 12:06 PM in Modifications

write up

Nice! Very good for a first write-up... although I have already glued the barrels to the base... :( I can do this though, just in a different way.

To bad, I guess you can use a really long rod. :) (sig?)

Nah, I just used both the stoppers on the 2-inch piece and filled in the front bracket with glue to replace the front stopper. Works fine. And no, no sig.

Not? oh well....

got a small update, I wrecked the original trigger, so I decided to make a bolt-type of barrel rotator thingy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#238752 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 26 June 2009 - 01:25 PM in Modifications

That seems like it would be really uncomfortable. And what is the range with the mav turret on the gun? And how do you load it?

The bolt is not finished yet, if that is what you find uncomfortable.

I don't have ranges for it, I still need a sturdyer fix to the Titan.

It's rear loading like the nitemav

#238859 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 27 June 2009 - 04:59 AM in Modifications

I don't have ranges for it, I still need a sturdyer fix to the Titan.

Simple; attack a piece of 1/2" class 200 (thin) PVC to the titan and some CPVC to the maverick turret so that the CPVC goes into the PVC. Then find a way to make one of the threaded coupler thingys spin freely.

You are THE MAN, Wing'd man!!!!

You gave me the best idea!!

Here's the plan:

Making a sturdyvbracket from the Titan to the Mav.
Cut off tabs on the Mav plungertube, so it can turn freely.
Glue some kind of washer on the pvc that goes into the plungertube.
Glue the coupler to the barrel.

Thanks again Wing'd man!!

#238879 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 27 June 2009 - 10:52 AM in Modifications

Making a sturdyvbracket from the Titan to the Mav.
Cut off tabs on the Mav plungertube, so it can turn freely.
Glue some kind of washer on the pvc that goes into the plungertube.
Glue the coupler to the barrel.

_|________________o_

Like that? Yeah, there's just one problem: washers bind if they are turned. You'd need to use an O-ring.

You could also do something like this:
__________ <2 airtight pieces of brass
__________ |
| _________|
|_________

See what I'm saying?

EDIT: damn, the first diagram got screwed up... If you click "reply" it appears correctly in the quote.

That could work, but I thought of it like this:

On the picture below you see my current setup, PVC hot-glueed in the black plungertube.
The black tab on the top of the plunger tube, (normally used to cock the maverick), now keeps the plunger tube from being pushed back by the plunger.
also it, and the other ridges on the tube, prevent it from turning.

Posted Image

What I'm hoping will work is cleaning up the plunger tube smooth, so the plunger can sit still, but the tube can turn.
Then i want to glue a washer on the PVC bit, so the tube can rest against the white piece of sheet where the tube goes through.

#239036 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 28 June 2009 - 12:57 PM in Modifications

correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you need the peg going through the back because it's only purpose was to push forward the front peg forward, but since they're not connected it doesn't matter.

Ehm, I'm not american or english, so you'll have to explain it like I'm 5 years old, for me to understand :blush:

Really nice work, man. I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw this topic with that first picture up, I honestly didn't see this going anywhere. I'm very glad you proved me wrong.

I also love innovative tube connectors. I've had good luck with broken airsoft gun barrels.

Thanks, because there are very very few different Nerf guns available here, (the smaller blasters, like NF, MAV, strike fire etc etc. and occasionally promo-blasters, like the Hulk abomination blaster at Toys 'r' us), there is not much choice to mod blasters, there are a few importing (web)shops here but offcourse for a higher price.

So I(we) cross our fingers and hope Hasbro (or Buzzbee) sends more (bigger) blasters across the ocean...

#239055 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by pjotrkuh on 28 June 2009 - 03:21 PM in Modifications

You know how there's an orange peg in the front and a black peg in the back? When the turret is aligned the rotating octagon thing pushes the black peg forward, thus pushing the orange peg forward so that the orange peg goes into that little peg shaped indent in the front.

Like this:

_
_|--|__________________|--|
_|--| <back peg front peg>|--|(the front peg goes into the indent)

^octagon thing

Sorry, I suck at explaining things w/o pictures.

Now I know what you mean, thought you were still with my barrel issue......

But you are right, I didn't want to solve yet another problem, after I glueed in the barrels, I could'nt get in there anymore.
Thus making the peg movable like original seemed logical to me, and maybe it helps some how to line up the cylinder to the hex thing.

#239179 Selling Xbox 360 Modded Controller!

Posted by pjotrkuh on 29 June 2009 - 08:45 AM in Off Topic

Wow that's a cool mod, for a not Nerf thing :ph34r:

Anyway Tantumbull I believe there's a slightly difference in rate of fire

#239182 Biodegradable Darts

Posted by pjotrkuh on 29 June 2009 - 09:04 AM in Homemades

I have an easy solution, just grab a piece of your barrel material, about the length of your darts.

And stab the hell out of some muffins!!!

(make sure the muffin is old though, or it wil crumble to much!)

Then grab a ramrod and push them out.

Or even better, when you are using speedloaders(?) (2 barrels taped together, and switched around after every shot) you can just push the ends in a muffin and you are ready to go!!

#239186 Biodegradable Darts

Posted by pjotrkuh on 29 June 2009 - 09:09 AM in Homemades

I have an easy solution, just grab a piece of your barrel material, about the length of your darts.

And stab the hell out of some muffins!!!

(make sure the muffin is old though, or it wil crumble to much!)

Then grab a ramrod and push them out.

Or even better, when you are using speedloaders(?) (2 barrels taped together, and switched around after every shot) you can just push the ends in a muffin and you are ready to go!!

I've done that with potatoes, apples, and bananas. It doesn't hurt to get shot with, and if you're using a powerful blaster, you can feel a small amount of recoil. It doesn't have much less range then a stefan, either, and it's pretty accurate.

Finn

Well there you go then, cheap and biodegradable darts!!!

Nice idea b.t.w shooting potatoes

#239384 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by pjotrkuh on 30 June 2009 - 08:50 AM in Homemades

Cheap dart popper:

Posted Image

Has stock maverick ranges, I need a stronger spring.

#240778 Issues With Opening A Vulcan - The Slide

Posted by pjotrkuh on 08 July 2009 - 08:05 AM in Modifications

Yep, crowbar/hammer works fine, and after the first time removing it, you won't have to use those tools again, because it damages the insides of the handles and you can take them apart easily, (in my case that is).

#240779 The Split Shot

Posted by pjotrkuh on 08 July 2009 - 08:10 AM in Modifications

Can you tell me what brand the gun is from? it looks like the same brand as some small guns i found in a kind of dollarstore in my block. überly sucking b.t.w.

#240841 The Split Shot

Posted by pjotrkuh on 08 July 2009 - 03:49 PM in Modifications

Thew purpose of this thread was to ask what I should do to mod this gun. The spring is already pretty beefy so I don't think I should add more....

Maybe you should try to replace the plungertubes and plungers with bigger ones (NF,LS?) and lengthen the barrels appropriatly(?)

But again, what brand is the gun from?

#241091 Ea Announces Next Nert Wii Game

Posted by pjotrkuh on 09 July 2009 - 03:51 PM in General Nerf

The decoder scope reminds me of this thing Lego had a while back where there's be something, then all this red crap around it, and when you looked through a red lens it would make the red crap "invisible" and you could see the picture. I think this is probably the same idea.

EDIT: What's that black thing on the back? Looks like Velcro. It might be some weird system of priming...

It's the priming handle, but the piece of plastic that thats at the end of the gun has the same color as the background, so it looks like a hookish thing but it's not.

Looks like a crossing of NF and a Switch shot, hope it performs better..................