SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA's Content

There have been 1000 items by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#95982 Welll......ur Just Bad! Pfft

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 December 2006 - 07:25 PM in General Nerf

An admin or mod should probably lock this now. It's just one of those stupid posts that'll live as long as we keep feeding it, and the sooner it's off the new posts list the better.

#95978 Online Fps's And Tps's

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 December 2006 - 06:40 PM in Off Topic

I'm kinda surprised that you guys haven't said anything about XBox live. I will be playing CoD2 (and CoD3 once I get it) as well as Gears of War. As soon as I get a gold membership on XBox live, I'll give you my GoW name in case anyone wants to get pwned.

#95834 Dremel

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 December 2006 - 05:33 PM in Modifications

My favorite Dremel is a Dremel Stylus, because the pistol grip gives better precision than a normal Dremel. At Ace Hardware you can get one and a large pack of Dremel accesories for a decent price if I remember right.

Guilo

I've seen one of those before, but I didn't think it was so great. I prefer the kind that you can hold like a pencil, but that's just the way I use mine.

#95832 What Makes A Book "classic?"

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 December 2006 - 05:27 PM in Off Topic

Damn fine job, Ronster. I wish I could write essays like that. For some reason I can piece together 18-page fictional stories, but all of my research papers and analytical essays always turn out like crap no matter how awake or asleep I am.

P.S.: I am kind of indifferent on the questions-in-an-essay subject, but you seem to write well using them.

#95830 Lnl Paintjob

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 December 2006 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

Nice job. For someone who just got into this, you seem to know quite a bit about what you're doing.

#95829 Dremel

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 December 2006 - 04:56 PM in Modifications

Home Depot and Lowes sell some relatively cheap dremels, but the prices may be different where you are. A kit with the 5-speed dremel and about 20 bits costs anywhere from $15-$30 at Lowes, I think. I'll have to check to be sure.

#95736 Need Help Planning

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 02 December 2006 - 10:43 AM in Homemades

Time for a history lesson:
Derringers are a class of small pocket pistols commonly used during the "Wild West" days. The word "Derringer" is not the word that was actually used for the first of these pistols made by Henry Deringer. Commercial manufacuters added the extra "r" in the name to avoid lawsuits and trick unsuspecting buyers into thinking that their guns were actual Deringers. Since then, the word Derringer (with two Rs) has become the commercially used name for these pocket pistols.

Guilo:
You're going to have a hell of a job making this pump-powered, because Derringers are, by definition, the smallest usable pistols of a caliber. If you were willing to expand the design a bit, you might have room for a pump in the very bottom of the grip, below the muzzle, or on the slide. As for good range, we might have to dedicate most of the gun to an air tank. It might just be easier to make a spring-powered one...

#95699 Christmas List 2006

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 December 2006 - 11:02 PM in Off Topic

I really don't care what I get, but I agree with some of you. (Gift card piss me off, too, elf_avec_gun, with the exception of iTunes. It's taking money that was good everywhere and making it worth anything in only one store. Plus, the stores are always on the other side of the state.)

1) Call of Duty 3 (XBox 360)
2) iTunes gift card (my ONLY exception to the gift card opinion)
3) XBox live gold membership
4) Motorola RAZR
5) any Fort Minor CDs that I didn't already buy from iTunes
6) Blackberry (electronic one)
7) Portable Media Player

#95687 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 December 2006 - 05:56 PM in Homemades

Speaking of prototypes, I made a crude model of the shell ejection system. It is a little bulky and long, but it's just in the design phase.

Posted Image

The tip is a nail, the body is a cut-down tube from a Bic pen (with hole cut in black end cap), the two springs are from some spare pens, and the springs are threaded onto a second nail. The heads of the nails are touching, and the blue cap is the cut-down base from a blue wall anchor (like the kind used for nails) with the side tabs, base rim, and fluted tip removed.

Overall, the ejector has enough power to put small holes in pizza boxes when fully depressed. Suggestions or comments, anyone?

P.S.: Ronster, I hope to see a successful model of the carrier so we can actually prove the concept in scale for a nerf gun.

#95621 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 30 November 2006 - 09:15 PM in Homemades

I was also going to wait until around the beginning of summer to assemble this thing (for the same reasons you are). That doesn't mean that I won't try to make models or parts until then, but I wanted to use my spare time now to get the design as close to perfect as possible before I get down to the actual fabrication and whatnot. With you all contributing, it shouldn't be difficult to work out an effective system.

#95620 Longshot Clip Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 30 November 2006 - 09:09 PM in General Nerf

Interesting ideas, but when in the world will you need more than, oh... say, twenty darts? If you're putting out any more than that then I highly suspect you may be using your Longshot rather poorly.

I wasn't implying that you would be using your LS ineffectively, just that the ammo would last longer and you wouldn't have to scrounge stefans off the ground only to find out that they don't fit right in the gun. Also, you know that all of the ammo is what you need because you probably made it yourself, or you're using the refill stock darts. Either way, I just thought that it would be an idea to try.

#95551 Longshot Clip Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 29 November 2006 - 07:07 PM in General Nerf

You could also take two hi-cap clips and tape them end-to-end. If you took the idea Cthulhu had and took one taped set to put in the holder and another to put in the mag well, you would have 52 darts with you. The mags would be long, but you could get the most out of the gun's capacity.

#95549 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 29 November 2006 - 06:55 PM in Homemades

To shorten the gun, I was going to borrow another design from Boltsniper and use the stock's horizontal tube to house the plunger and spring. This way the gun can still be manageable in size, but not suffer any range or reliability issues. I plan to make the gun about 76cm (~30 in.) long, but I may need to lengthen it a little to make room for more shells in the magazine. Right now I can fit about 5 shells with that lenght, and I was hoping for 6-8 to make it more practical.

#95548 Nerfhaven Homemade Directory

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 29 November 2006 - 06:44 PM in Homemades

Nice job. It's about time someone made this, not to mention that it will help with the design and construction phases of my shotty.

#95498 M.p.bar (mass Producable Bolt Action Rifle) Mk.1

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 28 November 2006 - 06:07 PM in Homemades

Nice job. I was actually thinking of designing a bolt-action myself as a proof-of-concept test gun for the systems I will be using in my shotty. I might wind up using a design similar to yours, but I was originally planning for it to look something like a WWII-era Lee-Enfield, but much shorter and with a detachable magazine. Once you get the Mk. II up, tell me how smooth the feed system is.

#95440 Holiday Raffle

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 27 November 2006 - 07:19 PM in General Nerf

I think the raffle ended three days ago, CH.

#95347 Nerf Emplacement Cannon Ii

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 November 2006 - 02:07 PM in Homemades

Nice job. Did you salvage any of the old gun? (I.e.: the tank, the barrel, the valve?)

#95346 Magstrike Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 November 2006 - 02:04 PM in Modifications

There's an easy mod here for the magazine. It's supposed to give a drastic increase in range.

#95327 Magstrike 70 Mod

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 November 2006 - 12:16 PM in Modifications

Did you do Forsaken_angel24's mod to increase the capacity of the magstrike bladder? Also, did you use the mod that Megamannt92 did to his clips?

Links are here:

Megamannt92's clip mod
Forsaken_angel24's mod

#95305 The B-var

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 November 2006 - 06:54 AM in Homemades

Nice gun, sponge. Falcon, you are correct in your statement, proven both by logic and the ballistics and trajectories program on my laptop.

P.S.: If you abandoned you other gun, you ought to scrap it for the barrel and tank at least.

#95275 Stefan Weight Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 November 2006 - 09:50 PM in General Nerf

I thought that only solved corkscrew patterns with the darts.

#95265 Stefan Weight Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 November 2006 - 07:57 PM in General Nerf

First off, make sure that your darts aren't getting flattened or anything in the gun, and check the darts for bends. Make sure the barrel is smooth, and if you modded the gun with a different barrel than it came with, make sure that the barrel is straight. You should try to see if the weights are centered in the dart, but since the only problem is vertical spin, this is an unlikely reason. (The darts would also have spun horizontally if this were the case.) Other than that, just make sure that the pressure isn't uneven in different parts of the barrel because of holes or delayed/blocked air escapes. If this isn't helpful, then tell us everything you have tried so far.

#95248 Stefan Weight Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 November 2006 - 04:25 PM in General Nerf

You mean BB as in the .177 caliber BBs that I shred cans with, or the 6mm BBs that you can use in an airsoft gun. I wasn't sure because your darts are only half as big as most of the ones I've seen, and the hot glue dome might make up most of the required weight.

#95246 Sequels And Prequels

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 November 2006 - 04:21 PM in Off Topic

RAMBO:
Well, what I think is fear is probably much worse than what you think is fear. Thank my nightmares for that. It's not that I didn't believe you, but its that it might not have been as bad to me as it was to you.

#95245 Next-gen Systems

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 November 2006 - 04:17 PM in Off Topic

The Sega Genesis is the system in my basement, and the one with controllers that resemble the one in RAMBO's pics.

Commonly Hunted:
Well, Californians are what they are...

#95233 Stefan Weight Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 November 2006 - 02:07 PM in General Nerf

Ok, check to make sure that there aren't any edges in the barrel of your guns that could catch on the dart. Also, make sure that the foam is uniform and that the hot glue domes are reasonably even.

#95231 Sequels And Prequels

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 November 2006 - 02:03 PM in Off Topic

Wikipedia said the film was allegedly banned in almost 60 countries and even seized in South Africa. Germany, the UK, and South Africa have also made it illegal to have any copies of the movie that are not heavily cut and edited. Damn, it must be a really brutal movie.

#95223 Next-gen Systems

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 November 2006 - 10:01 AM in Off Topic

The NES controllers were box-shaped, though. It looks more like the old Sega system that the original Sonic the Hedgehog games came on.

#95222 Longshot Clip Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 November 2006 - 09:55 AM in General Nerf

If you need more mags, I saw a place on eBay that sold spares, but I'll have to find the link again.

#95221 Stefan Weight Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 November 2006 - 09:53 AM in General Nerf

Describe the way the darts spiral. Do they:

1) spiral vertically, meaning the darts flip end-over-end, but actuallt move straight from the gun
2) corkscrew, meaning that the darts spiral out of the gun in a way that the path seems circular or cylindrical to the shooter.

That will help you figure out what to do with the darts.

#95214 Magstrike Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2006 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

I think all he did was take the posts out of the dart holders in the magazine, and then pry the original dart holders out to replace them with PVC. So, yeah I guess he did gut the thing first.

P.S.: You didn't have to be so hard on yourself, NM. It was mostly my fault...

#95210 Stefan Weight Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2006 - 10:09 PM in General Nerf

I thought the dryer could screw up the darts, but you use a reduced setting. How do the darts come out? I'm going to need to make some for a Longshot, after I mod it, and my shotty, and I need an effective drying method.

#95208 Longshot Clip Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2006 - 09:51 PM in General Nerf

If you want a "high-capacity" magazine with the capability to hold 13 darts, you should visit Dark Shrimp's post here. You'll have to combine both of your magazines, but it might be worth it.

Edit: Piney has a pinned post at the top of the modification page with about ten different mod links, so you can try whatever you like.

#95190 Stefan Weight Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2006 - 06:13 PM in General Nerf

If Larami darts are the fat green ones with the red suction cups that are about 1.5cm in diameter, then I have one of those guns in my basement. It cracked a while ago, and is probably beyond repair now. That gun did have posts, though.

About the Stefans:
What method did you use to straighten the FBR? I heard that they shrink and the density can be messed up if you use a clothes dryer.

#95188 Sequels And Prequels

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2006 - 06:09 PM in Off Topic

The record will be beaten, once they find a way to record politicians' dreams.

#95185 Happy Turkey Day

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2006 - 05:35 PM in Off Topic

Let me know if you succeed, RAMBO. I've tried staying up late on caffine and Gears of War and then sleeping through the day, but they always wake me up. Then I'm tired while cooking and usually burn myself on something. At least my cousins didn't come over. I hate little kids.

#95183 Sequels And Prequels

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2006 - 05:30 PM in Off Topic

nerfer34:
RAMBO thought Cannibal Holocaust was scary, but I've never seen it.

RAMBO:
Ocean's Twelve was just a boring movie. I'm not particularly partial to films with a whole groups of thieves trying to outdo this one guy with some complex plot. The story was also kind of hard to follow at first. I like movies with guns and action. Armi Grandi, as the Italians would say.

#95181 Stefan Weight Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2006 - 05:15 PM in General Nerf

It was the SupermaXX guns that don't have posts? I thought it was another series. Oh well, live and learn.

#95178 Stefan Weight Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2006 - 05:08 PM in General Nerf

Check if the holes for the weights were crooked or off-center. Also, did you sand off the posts in the barrels of the guns that were supposed to go into the backs of stock darts?

#95174 Sequels And Prequels

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2006 - 05:04 PM in Off Topic

Ocean's 12 was terrible!

Not to mention Saw and Hostel are total pieces of shit. I would like to know when Hollywood stops relying on sequals and remakes and starts coming up with some real original stuff. Yes there have been a few good movies here and there, but not much has actually wanted me to pay 9 dollars a ticket for it.

I'm with Dark Shrimp, and I do have Netflix. Screw the movie theaters. Five minutes after stsrting Ocean's Twelve, I took it out of the DVD player, put it back in the sleeve, and mailed that shit beck to the warehouse. The movie was completely pointless. Plus, I think my dreams would scare you guys more than Hostel. Come on, people.