Photo

Dremel

6 replies to this topic

#1 SM750

SM750

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:38 PM

For Xmas I'm getting a dremel and have no idea which one I should get. I was hoping someone could stear me in the direction of a high quality one for nerf that would be cheap including all the attachments needed. Thanks in advance. ^_^

Edited by SM750, 03 December 2006 - 04:39 PM.

Also, stop being such a Jew and buy PETG from me.

#2 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

Home Depot and Lowes sell some relatively cheap dremels, but the prices may be different where you are. A kit with the 5-speed dremel and about 20 bits costs anywhere from $15-$30 at Lowes, I think. I'll have to check to be sure.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 03 December 2006 - 04:57 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#3 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:19 PM

Buy Dremel brand, or another known brand. Whatever you do, don't buy the cheap ones, you get what you pay for.

#4 Guilo

Guilo

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:28 PM

My favorite Dremel is a Dremel Stylus, because the pistol grip gives better precision than a normal Dremel. At Ace Hardware you can get one and a large pack of Dremel accesories for a decent price if I remember right.

Guilo

#5 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:33 PM

My favorite Dremel is a Dremel Stylus, because the pistol grip gives better precision than a normal Dremel. At Ace Hardware you can get one and a large pack of Dremel accesories for a decent price if I remember right.

Guilo

I've seen one of those before, but I didn't think it was so great. I prefer the kind that you can hold like a pencil, but that's just the way I use mine.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#6 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:48 PM

Get one from Sears. If it ever breaks, you can get it replaced. They cost alittle more, but its worth it.
I got mine frome target for $24, it came in a carrying box with a stylus exstension and a load of dremel bits. But all of the blade bits are worthless and the sanding bits wear down pretty quickly. When I opend the box for the first time I took the stylus out and realized that the connecter peice had been broken. Target wouldnt let me return it or get it replaced. Other than those things I have had no problems with it. I went out and bought two other dremel bits, a really small toothed saw (it the on that forsaken angel uses) it is really good for cutting plastics and fitting into small spaces. The other Bit that I got was a dimond blade, It is really nice and has hardly worn down at all.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#7 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:17 PM

Your best bet is to probably go to Home Depot or Lowe's and see what you're comfortable with. You're looking for a solid feel and weigh you will like when it is on. I don't know if HD or Lowe's allows you to demo a product like that but you want something sturdy and with a weight that will provide a steady stroke.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users