Spud Spudoni's Content

There have been 276 items by Spud Spudoni (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#285995 Britnerf/tayste_2000's Halloween Nerf Zombie Suvival

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 24 September 2010 - 04:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Ever fired your gun up in the air while shouting "aaargh"?

#286003 Nite Finder Air Restricter Confusion

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 24 September 2010 - 08:37 PM in Modifications

Personally, I would not cut the ring. When in the nitefinder, that peice is backwards. Drill out the center completely. I sanded down the inside of a CPVC couplar until it "snapped" onto the center peice. Used E- putty on the outside to fill in the holes and also glue it on.

#287044 Nerf Assassination 4: The Firm

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 16 October 2010 - 07:53 PM in General Nerf

I must say, the backwards baseball cap did not scream "professional killer" to me. :blink:

Have you ever heard of a game called Medal Of Honor?

Anyway I thought that this was fantastic! If none of us went to wars an were just regular joes then we would all say, "I've always wanted to shoot someone with a nerf gun while driving." Which I do!

Great film! Keep that atmospere in your films going!

#288946 Spectre Rev-5 Mods

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 26 November 2010 - 12:49 PM in Modifications

Good looking blaster.
I have a question, does the Spectre still have the same priming bar design like the Maverick where it breaks easily?

#289176 How Do You Do This?

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 27 November 2010 - 09:00 PM in Modifications

Im sorry, but what does QED mean?

There is many pictures of this on NerfRevolution. I you are really stumped, then try looking there.

#291477 Merry Christmas!

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 25 December 2010 - 02:19 AM in Off Topic

Festivas for the rest of us!

I hope all of your wishes come true...

...and the rest of that bullshit.

I know I got a Cobra. I helped buy it so Cha Ching!

EDIT: I did get my Cobra plus a RFSG. A waterproof video camera, World of Goo, and more junk.

#291613 Christmas Stuff?

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 26 December 2010 - 11:11 PM in General Nerf

Screw it, I will asdd this here too. I got a Cobra, RFSG, Nerf ammo bag, Kodak video recorder that shoots 1080p HD, one of my dad's dremels that he doesn't use a lot, multitool and clamps for Nerf, and some clothes like a new snowboard jacket. Good Christmas all around.

#291818 Clip Size

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 29 December 2010 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

Heres the thing dude NO ONE USES NSTRIKE GUNS!
Next time take this bullshit to Nerf HQ.

Umm, what about nitefinders, magstrikes, and mavericks to name a few that are REGULARLY used at most wars.

No one likes a piss poor attitude, especially around the holidays dude...

I think this is a valid question, yet would be better fit to ask in a PM. I thought about doing this myself at one point. I think this would seem like a good idea to maybe make one of these for a war, along with normal clips. It could be used if oyu pretend to be reloading, then fire your shot. These only belong at wars. If you use these at a HvZ event at a college, it would not help you when trying to trick zombies...

#292517 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 09 January 2011 - 10:26 PM in Off Topic

Just got an X box and Kinect so...

Gamertag: Spud Spudoni

Games I have as of now:

Left 4 Dead 2

#292779 What Should I Name My Band?

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 14 January 2011 - 12:18 AM in Off Topic

Tropical Persuasion

Just came to my head and I was like.... YES!!

#294025 Rearloading Firefly

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 06 February 2011 - 09:14 PM in Modifications

Damn! You're just on a role this week aren't you?

Very creative, I love it.

I'm guessing you used a file to sand the E- Putty so it makes a nice seal on the plunger tube right? I could see that getting to an absolute mess for me. Do you have a special method for applying the Epoxy?

#294972 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 22 February 2011 - 11:17 PM in Modifications

I was looking for thinwall 1 1/2 inch PVC. I was going to use it for a pump handle on my WIP RAINSnap. I knew it wasn't at any store, but I also didn't want to order it from FlexPVC. Too much money for the length I needed, too much hassle...

...I was at Home Depot with my dad one night. He need some adaptor for his RIGID Shop vac. I was done looking around so I waited with him until he was done. I noticed that RIGID also had vacuum tubes that attach to the Shop Vac. There were two pipes, so I picked the smaller one in dimaeter. I then took it over to the PVC and the end that was not tappered was perfect for the pump handle. All you need to do is cut it down before it tappers and you have a solid pump handle for half of the price!

#295024 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 23 February 2011 - 06:51 PM in Modifications

That's funny... I buy all of my thinwall 1-1/2" PVC from stores. Lowe's and HD, specifically.
[/quote]

Yeah, SC is a little slow in the noggin when it comes to getting anything, especially brass.

Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah NerfGeek, I would have tried threaded couplers, but I wanted the pump handle to feel connected. It's just so much nicer that way.

A word of warning: the tube I mentioned earlier is MUCH weaker that PVC, so don't try putting the strongest springs you got in it. I have two Home Depot springs in mind, and they should work just fine.

#297178 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 15 April 2011 - 03:11 PM in Modifications

Well, after finally getting a new video camera, then realizing it took pictures, I can finally upload pictures and video easily. Expect more of my shit.

To start, here is my PAS with a CPVC speedloader. Universal Coupler, [k25]. Ranges are about 97' with good darts.
Posted Image
Trigger and Priming Bar were made by Louie. He makes great stuff.
Posted Image
And because I hate when all of you guys do this, MONEY SHOTZ YO!
Posted Image
Yeah, eat that.
For shits and giggles, I put on a flashlight. Works well too.
Posted Image
From the front:
Posted Image
With the light on:
Posted Image

#297241 Rigged Shotgun

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 17 April 2011 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

Well, to start, the insiration for this was from Fallout. One day, while I was in Study Hall, I thought, what the hell, let me make one. For me, this has worked really well, and since Chain asked me to, I decided to post a writeup.

Materials:
1/2 PVC
5 1/2 PVC Elbows
Modded Lanard Shotgun (or any other blaster really)
Rope, String, or Twine
Posted Image
Posted Image
My Rigged Shotgun will be placed on my bed, so alterations may have to be made in the design if it is to be put on other objects. The Front is used to hold the Shotgun down, while the small section in the back is used to hold the frame on the bed. Here are some extra pictures:
This is how it will be placed.
Posted Image
It will be placed on the bed like this.
Posted Image
This is the way it will look once it is dropped in place.
Posted Image____________________________________________________________
2. The Lever
The Lever consists of a piece of PVC tied to the door with two elbows at the end to keep it in place. This is how it is placed:
Posted Image
Here it is without the trigger pulled:
Posted Image
Here it is pulled:
Posted Image
Finally, here it is put in place:
Posted Image
Tied to the door:
Posted Image
From where it is to where it is tied to the door:
Posted Image
If you didn't understand anything from the writeup, here is a video that may help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKrq2eT7x8g

#297253 Rigged Shotgun

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 17 April 2011 - 11:20 PM in Modifications

This might have an obvious answer, but after setting this up how do you get out of the room?

The rope is actually losser than you think. First, the lever is slightly pulled for the shotgun to be fired without too much force. Second, if you can see in the video, I have a small bedside table. When tension is put on the rope, it gets caught on this, instead opening very far, making it harder to fire when the door is opened only slightly. All you really have to is tie it too the door when the door is nearly closed. I sorta show this backwards in the video when I take the rope off the door. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the comments guys!

#297552 A new style Pump-action SNAP

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 25 April 2011 - 07:39 PM in Homemades

This may be a little late, but I think that the community may have the same questions. So, the 3/4 PVC Preemient catch piece is what is pushed back by the bolt? I may be wrong, if so, correct me. How stabe is this? Does it buckle at all from being primed only on one side?
Thanks

#297583 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 26 April 2011 - 07:29 PM in Homemades

The screws I use of my the PumpSnap I am building are the screws seen in most Snap threads. Only problem I have with them is that when they are screwed in all of the way, they stick out on the inside of the PC. For making a spring rest out of a 3/4 in. Endcap, the screws still shoot out and block the spring from going to the back of the endcap. I have found that if you take a 3/4 plug, flip it so that the flat backside is facing the spring, then the screws can sit on the other side while you get a good surface for the spring to sit.

#301199 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 08 July 2011 - 02:37 PM in Modifications

My latest WIP
Kickin' it OldSchool
Posted Image
Man this thing truely is vintage! It's like the third Super Soaker ever made.

#303676 Spud's Internal PVC Tee Catch Design

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 21 August 2011 - 04:40 PM in Homemades

Alright, now to start off, I would like to thank Inferno for his very detailed pump action snap with tee coupler catch design, and Setro for his americanized coupler catch design. Also, Sgnerf for the original design.

Flaws in the original design:

-Limited to a vertical peice of PVC as your handle.
-Unsigtly tee jutting out of your blaster
-Parts of a shotgunned version would be seperated

In this design, I fix all of these problems.

Here is some of my original sketches for the design:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Materials for the catch system:
-3/4 in PVC Tee
-2 #8? Finishing washers
-3/4 in CPVC
-1/2 in CPVC
-Small Home Depot Spring (Exact sizes in the writeup)
-washer in the catch (Exact sizes in the writeup)
-E-Tape
-Super Glue
-cut down 10-24x1 1/2 Bolt
-Dremel of any type with a cone shaped diamond sanding bit and metal cutting bit
-Drill with drill Bits
-8x1/2 screws (to bolt it in place)
-3/4 in PVC
-Epoxy Putty
-1 1/4 in PVC Coupler
-metal Angle Bracket
1 1/4 in PVC

Now to start, The only way to make the catch not jet out of the back of the Snap, is to make it internal. I have found that the bottom of the tee is not neccessary. Only the ridge on the inside of the fitting is.

First, grab your 3/4 inch PVC Tee
Posted Image
Then cut the Tee down. This part really doesn't matter. Just cut it down so it esaier to sand later.
Posted Image
From here, sand the tee down so it fits nicely in the 1 1/4 in PC. You may have to sand the the middle of the coupler down. It doesn't matter as long as you have the two end sections have the lip still. It is also important to sand the inside ot the tee so that the catch ring fits, as well as the plastic bit that is on the side of the tee. It will not fit unless this is sanded down.
Posted Image

Here is the Tee being test fit inside the PC.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Next, the internal parts of catch needs to be made. By using previous writup, cut your 3/4 inch PVC to the length of the Tee. Then cut a 1/2 inch section off for the catch ring. Then cut the excess in half for the two supporting ends. The purpose of these is to keep the Plunger rod in position, and to keep the catch ring from moving too much.
Posted Image
For the catch ring supports, wrap them in E-tape and fit them into both ends of the tee. Super glue them in place.
Posted Image

Now for creating the catch ring setup.
Posted Image
First, cut your 10-24x1 1/2 Bolt to about 2 cm.
For the washer, I used a washer with the OD of 1'', and the ID that is a little less than 5/16''.
For the spring, I used a spring in Home Depot's Assorted Spring Kit. The product number is #471864. The spring length is 13/16''. The diameter is about 1 cm. The spring needs to be cut down to between 8/16 and 9/16''. I used a bolt with a triangular shaped head. Your spring size may vary according to what type of screw you use.
Posted Image
I then took a #8? finishing washer, flipped it upside down, and glued it to the washer using super glue. The purpose of this is to keep the spring from moving around on the washer.
Posted Image
Posted Image
To help with this process, I used another finishing washer and placed it on the bolt head to keep the spring from slipping off the catch. Now just drill a centered hole through the CPVC and place the assembly on this. You may have to super glue the bolt to the CPVC for stability.
Again, here it is assembled:
Posted Image

Test fit the Catch in your tee. If it fits and the wacher is stable, then you have done something right.
Posted Image

Now in order to use this, you must make a sizable hole in the blaster in order to make sure that the catch can be released.
Once you have found the place you want you catch put in, mark a line on the PC from the center line inside of the tee.
Posted Image
I then drilled a 7/32 hole in the PC where I wanted the catch to be located. A higher caliber drill bit would be ideal, but that was the highest I had at hand. From there. take your diamond cutting cone bit on your dremel, and dremel out the PC until you can fit your catch ring in place.
From this:
Posted Image
Posted Image
To this:
Posted Image

Test fit the tee
Posted Image

Fit the catch ring in place:
Posted Image

In order to use this blaster, you must have an internal Trigger to fire it. I used a modified version of BoltSniper's PVC handle. It is angled, and is attached to half of a 1 and 1/4'' PVC coupler using Epoxy Putty.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I then drilled a hole in the center of the Coupler that would fit over the bolt in the catch.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now test fit the handle on the PC.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#303677 Spud's Internal PVC Tee Catch Design

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 21 August 2011 - 04:41 PM in Homemades

Although I have no pictures of it, I cut a dash into the front of the handle and slid a metal angle bracket into the handle. Once the angle bracket is on top of bolt in the catch ring, screw the bracket into the Snap loosley to allow it to move.
Posted Image

How the Angle bracket is placed on bolt:
Posted Image
Well, that is pretty much it. Nothing much else to it. The catch seems well secured and the catch is very hard to release. However, with the help of the lever action from the trigger, this will be very easy to do.
I used two Home Depot springs and a neoprene washer setup for my pull back Snap. Ranges and firing test are in the video.

[/Youtube][/Youtube]

I would love some feedback guys! Thanks for checking it out!

#303678 NIC Homemades Contest Submission Thread

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 21 August 2011 - 04:46 PM in Homemades

My Internal Tee Catch Design

#303696 NIC Homemades Contest Submission Thread

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 21 August 2011 - 10:24 PM in Homemades

I'm sorry but you've missed the deadline.

Thanks to everyone who has submitted a blaster. We'll be reviewing all of the entries within the next couple/few weeks. There's a lot of stuff to read and we are busy people, but we'll do our best to get you the results as soon as possible.

Whoops! Tought it said on midnight of August 21st. The idea was shit anyway. Good luck to the winners!

#304950 S.P.U.D.

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 24 September 2011 - 01:07 PM in Nerf Wars

I didn't get any sort of payment or referance to me when you made the name of this war...

Just kidding, looks fun guys.

#306992 Sierra Charlie War [SC]

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 05 November 2011 - 03:04 PM in Nerf Wars

You may want to PM rork

Or you could ask me since I live in SC. Have you heard from Rork recently BTW? I have been more than a little curious on where he has been. ;D

Yeah, I live in the capital. However, Not a lot goes down up here. I would just suggest waiting until another GA war comes out, go to it, meet some people, then host a war. Peope tend to go to wars of people they know. Nice that there is another SC nerfer. Welcome!

#310442 new stronger smaller snap plunger head and new style pump snap

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 31 January 2012 - 07:43 PM in Homemades

Although the pictures may have changed, I think they are very clear to me, as well as the writeup. It's nice to see some newer people getting into homeades. Great job!

#312720 How I deal with spiders

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 11 March 2012 - 04:45 PM in General Nerf

Please tell me you don't use those spider guts-splatted darts at wars.

Wouldn't be the first time someone did (looks at NoM). Got shot in the mouth by a Teebow with spider guts covered dart. Was quite enjoyable too. (Just messin' around NoM :D)

#313823 Snap Carbine with k26

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 01 April 2012 - 12:20 PM in Homemades

Damn! You beat me to it! I was about to try a [k26] spring in a Carbine, but it seems you arleady achieved that. Well done. As for as the spring itself, I see it bending the PVC at some point, or over time. The spring may then fly out pf the PC, and hit you, or damage the blaster. I would suggest putting some sort of PVC, or cover on the bolt slot to eliminate this.
As far as the trigger, it may be because your nail is too long, your clothespin is cut too short, or yes, the clothespin may not be strong enough to support the spring. Wal-Mart has a big pack of hefty plastic clothespins that are slightly bigger. This may help you, and with a little E-Putty, your blaster should preform better.
Hope to see more of your work soon.

#314083 Snap Carbine with k26

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 07 April 2012 - 12:08 AM in Homemades

You would definitely need to use something solid, like a 5/8" dowel rod. The way I'd do it is epoxy it in place on the piston, and then drill a hole on the opposite side. That way you could fit a scredriver/drillbit in to drill a hole through both the piston and the dowel, that you could then run a screw through. You'd have to use a relatively big screw; I'd probably use 1/4", though that might be a little big.

I seriously doubt that this could work at all. I don't know if you know the strength of PVC, but it does have limits. Even with the epoxy, and screw, the PVC around this area may start to give, overtime breaking off. Or your epoxy could give out, and the head of the screw would pull it's way out of the hole. Use Nerf's Longshot as an example. People have their boltsleds breaking all the time, just because the bolt is pulled from one side, and that's all the way through the boltsled, unlike your idea. If you say it's possible, then try it and prove me wrong! However that seems like a slim chance to happen.

#314104 Snap Carbine with k26

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 07 April 2012 - 12:25 PM in Homemades

Take a look at the quixote's priming mechanism. If you use a large enough scerw, combined with the epoxy you probably won't have problems. It's a moot point anyway- nesting the spring inside the piston would not allow signifcant shortening of the blaster.

Considering that the screw he used is barely an inch long, I would have no doubt it would hold. Since the screw you would need would be near 5 inches, the length of it would be the problem. Same thing happens when you try to ben a 4' section of PVC, and a 5'' section of PVC.

#319110 Buzz Bee Range Master a new airgun

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 24 July 2012 - 04:04 PM in Modifications

Do you pump it by cycling the bolt multiple times before loading the dart in? Also, I must say that I am relieved that this blaster does not use shells as those are a royal pain.

"The blaster is pumped by sliding the bolt back as you load the gun, you do have to pull it back multiple times though. "

#319974 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 05 August 2012 - 04:14 PM in Off Topic

If you mind, I think it would be awesome to have a whole section on 'surges' of Nerf popularity in areas of the world. For example, how Philly has always been a staple of proffesionaly run Nerf wars, the large surge of Canadian Nerf along the later part of the last decade, the explosion of Nerf in the South East (Georgia area)along with Florida Nerf in the past few years.

Also to include how people moving, or influential modders in the NIC have made more Nerfers in areas of the world. Example would be SGnerf, Athanie, Psyk in the areas of Asia, and The Unholy 3 in the North West (correct me if I am wrong there).

#320686 Fantasy Football anyone?

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 19 August 2012 - 02:38 PM in Off Topic

i would be interested however, I just don't think there is enough people that would want to/know enough about FF to join (sorry NH :)).

#320794 Speedload 6 Dart Feeding Problem

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 21 August 2012 - 06:01 PM in General Nerf

*Missed a setence. Nevermind*

#321792 Nerf Vortex Disc accuracy increase mod

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 19 September 2012 - 05:51 PM in Darts and Barrels

not sure if i missed something.. but how did you make those dimples with nail clippers? O.o

With the nail filing end that swings out from under the lever.

#321880 Novembwar - Georgia Nerf War

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 22 September 2012 - 07:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Since this is two days after my birthday, I will most likely be there.

#322498 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 12 October 2012 - 05:56 PM in Off Topic

It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia, or The Walking Dead

#323091 georgia nerf squad

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 27 October 2012 - 12:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah....

Sounds like a cool war you got going there. The only thing is, is that A LOT of people that participate in Nerf Wars, bring either modded guns, and or homeades with homeade darts. Plus, the lack of any grammar, and the age limit of 11-14 really makes me think you aren't very qualified to host a war. But that's just me. There is a really great amount of wars in the South East, mostly in GA. If you would like to attend a war, go ahead, there are some coming up. Otherwise, I would doubt that anyone would actually show up.

#323118 Buzz Bee Cougar

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 28 October 2012 - 10:27 AM in Modifications

I gotta say, sixty feet?!
That's really good!

Those ranges are most likely taken at a 45 degree angle.

#323119 georgia nerf squad

Posted by Spud Spudoni on 28 October 2012 - 10:30 AM in Nerf Wars

yeah but the only problem is that where i live no one plays nerf thats the problem and i am going to change the ages 10-12

We have a war in Athens Georgia just about every year..