MavericK96's Content

There have been 171 items by MavericK96 (Search limited from 20-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#320828 30 round Absolver/shotgun attachment

Posted by MavericK96 on 22 August 2012 - 11:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

Nice, I really like that 6-barrel splitter piece. Never seen one of those when I was sourcing parts for Absolver-like shells. Certainly would make spacing the barrels and getting them straight a lot easier, though.

#135696 Adding Another Spring To The Recon

Posted by MavericK96 on 12 January 2008 - 08:16 AM in Modifications

*cool mod stuff*

Thoughts?

I really like this design, primarily because it seems like you could easily remove the stock if you wanted to use the gun without it. I also like the idea that adding the stock adds range, making it more beneficial to convert the gun to the "rifle" configuration. Makes sense that the "rifle" should have more range than the "pistol". B)

Anyway, nice work. I do see your concern with the stock's locking mechanism, though, since it's just a tiny piece of plastic, but maybe if it was replaced with metal or something it would be stronger.

#290064 Alpha Trooper Accuracy?

Posted by MavericK96 on 04 December 2010 - 06:37 PM in General Nerf

It's definitely the stock darts. Streamlines have awful accuracy.

#167713 Apocalyptic Doom

Posted by MavericK96 on 10 August 2008 - 12:59 AM in Homemades

Jesus, that thing is scary looking.

See if you can punch holes in cardboard or something. :)

#288770 Area 52 Blaster Modification

Posted by MavericK96 on 23 November 2010 - 01:24 AM in Modifications

Kinda looks like someone tried to make a knock-off of the Recon and failed miserably. Props to you for muddling through this beast.

#284145 Barricade Rev-10

Posted by MavericK96 on 27 August 2010 - 05:06 PM in General Nerf

It's obviously a flywheel blaster. You can hear every time a dart is fired that the wheels have to spin back up again.

Not sure what to think of this. Flywheels are kind of lame, but at the same time it looked like it had pretty good performance and could be a decent sidearm if nothing else. Overall the front end looks way too bulky, though, presumably because of the flywheel housing.

Also would like to know what kind of battery life it has.

EDIT: If you look at this picture, you see that the rear of the blaster does not appear to house a plunger, so it's likely just for holding the pistol grip and stock attachment.

EDIT2: And I think this picture says it all. Flywheels right up in there.

#284412 Barricade Rev-10

Posted by MavericK96 on 31 August 2010 - 12:12 PM in General Nerf

Or you could do a grip 'on' momentary switch much the same way some pistols have a grip safety
http://bultransmark......ip Safety.jpg

Yeah, that would probably be a pretty quick and easy mod, and it would help a lot with not having to remember to flip the switch on/off all the time.

#284382 Barricade Rev-10

Posted by MavericK96 on 30 August 2010 - 08:59 PM in General Nerf

If the price is reasonable, I can't wait to get my hands on one.

#264904 Classic Nerf Ball In Box (possibly 1970 Version)

Posted by MavericK96 on 10 February 2010 - 04:24 AM in General Nerf

Maybe you could post some pictures? Might help us figure out exactly what you're talking about.

#291420 Dart Tag "swarmfire"

Posted by MavericK96 on 23 December 2010 - 06:35 PM in General Nerf

If you can't wait for it to come out in the states, you can get it on ebay, if you want to spend the money.

Dart Tag 20 Swarm fire

You could buy like 4 Stampedes for that price. No thanks, lol.

#291584 Dart Tag "swarmfire"

Posted by MavericK96 on 26 December 2010 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

If you can't wait for it to come out in the states, you can get it on ebay, if you want to spend the money.

Dart Tag 20 Swarm fire

You could buy like 4 Stampedes for that price. No thanks, lol.

I think I'd rather spend that kind of money on a +bow. Anyway, Who on earth named it anyway? (I mean which PERSON named it.)

Perhaps, but I meant in terms of a similar-type, stock blaster price comparison.

#285783 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by MavericK96 on 20 September 2010 - 07:09 PM in Darts and Barrels

So I recently ordered and received 40' of LogHome's white FBR, and I have to say it's a night-and-day difference next to the Ace foam. It's got a much better diameter, way better density, and works great in stock blasters.

One note is that I did some testing with making slug darts (with the #8 washers and felt tips) and tried a couple of different lengths (2" darts vs. 2.5" darts) and, in clip system blasters anyway, the 2.5" darts work MUCH better. I'm guessing this is because the length of the dart is pushed farther back into the barrel, creating a better seal.

Also, I tried a couple darts burning a hole in the back of the dart, and some without the hole. I didn't see any noticeable difference in either distance or accuracy with or without the hole, so I'll probably do without since it's more work to make the holes as well.

EDIT: And in regards to adhesive, I tried this "Weld Bond" stuff that I found at Ace, but it's basically no better than Elmer's Glue, so I started using a tiny drop of hot glue instead. Works great.

#285520 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by MavericK96 on 16 September 2010 - 04:33 PM in Darts and Barrels

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm going to be buying material for captain slug's washer/felt stefans, and wanted to know if I could buy the foam in incriments of something between 25' and 250'. Optimally I would like 100'.

Here is the link to the part in question.

Thanks!

If you search for foam rod you can get it from there in 20' increments.

#285460 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by MavericK96 on 15 September 2010 - 06:18 PM in Darts and Barrels

I bought some FBR from Ace Hardware a long, long time ago (couple years at least), and it's sort of a dark grey color, nice density and excellent fit in stock blasters. Recently I bought some more Ace Hardware FBR, but this stuff is not nearly as quality. It's a lighter grey, less dense, and has a pretty crappy fit in stock blasters (too thin even after heating)

So, two questions:

1. What's the best source for FBR these days?

2. Is there any way to improve/fix the FBR I already have? i.e. make it thicker/more dense.

Here are some comparison pictures of the two Ace FBRs (most recent/crappy one on the right)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#285479 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by MavericK96 on 16 September 2010 - 01:32 AM in Darts and Barrels

So in terms of good foam, would you guys recommend the Log Home white foam or the Mile High black foam? Which is better for stock blasters (i.e. no PVC or brass in anything, just stock barrels) ?

Thanks in advance.

#284196 Double Mavericks In Action

Posted by MavericK96 on 28 August 2010 - 01:15 PM in Modifications

The Double Maverick (two guns, one grip/trigger) seems like it would be like the Barrel Break, but a lot better. Nice work. :o

#287662 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by MavericK96 on 29 October 2010 - 06:47 PM in Modifications

There must be a huge variation because, like I said, I went to each store and took a variety of darts with me, and none of them fit well enough to use. 1/2" Sch. 80 PVC is way too big, and 1/2" CPVC is way too small (i.e. can't even force the dart all the way in)

So far the only success I've had with CPVC is by reaming it out with a 1/2" spade bit. Pain in the ass but at least it sort of works then.

#287672 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by MavericK96 on 29 October 2010 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

Except among the darts I tried in the store, even stock darts wouldn't fit. My white FBR is a little fat, but it works fine in stock barrels.

I guess the only option is to order from someplace that has better tolerance control, like McMaster.

EDIT: The CPVC I bought from ACE is almost exactly 15/32, a full 1/32 too small to even consider using a dart in.

#287653 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by MavericK96 on 29 October 2010 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

To everyone saying you can get working PVC/CPVC from Home Depot, Ace, or Lowes, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I went to both of my local ones and took some darts with me. NONE of the 1/2" CPVC I've found will fit darts comfortably (they're all way too tight), and the 1/2" PVC is obviously way too big. Do you guys all just buy it on McMaster now? Because without drilling out the CPVC with a 1/2" bit (which is a pain in the ass), none of it is workable as a barrel.

#287858 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by MavericK96 on 03 November 2010 - 03:56 PM in Modifications

1/2" CPVC is way too small (i.e. can't even force the dart all the way in)

Sorry if you've already tried this, but when I first tried using cpvc as a barrel material I also thought it was way too tight. I, however, was just trying to push it in, instead of twisting. If you haven't already, try twisting the foam into the cpvc.

Sorry if that doesn't help you.

Yeah, that does help, thanks, but that's even only after drilling out the CPVC with a 1/2" spade bit, and even then it won't twist in all the way. It's just really, really too small.

#304159 Has anybody heard of this gun?

Posted by MavericK96 on 01 September 2011 - 01:35 AM in General Nerf

Based on the unboxing video, those are indeed the darts that come with it...they just happen to look (and probably pretty much are) EXACTLY like Nerf Streamlines.

#304086 Has anybody heard of this gun?

Posted by MavericK96 on 30 August 2011 - 05:43 PM in General Nerf

Interesting that the darts and clip design look almost EXACTLY like Nerf's...

#303682 Help me identify this vintage blaster

Posted by MavericK96 on 21 August 2011 - 05:55 PM in General Nerf

My mistake, I meant Tyco. Anyway, this thing most definitely does not glow in the dark. Sadly, as that would be awesome. :)

I used to have that thing! Can't remember the name, but it fired these soft yellow foam "bullets" with a bit of weight in the end of them. Uses a flywheel system.

#304085 Help me identify this vintage blaster

Posted by MavericK96 on 30 August 2011 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

The blue one shown in the OP used those same bullets but they did not have the sticky thing on the front. So similar but wasn't quite the same.

#320878 Hey Guys, iNerfHaven Dev Here UPDATED ANDROID VERSION TO BETA 4

Posted by MavericK96 on 22 August 2012 - 11:02 PM in General Nerf

Running ICS 4.0.4, stock Samsung.

#320829 Hey Guys, iNerfHaven Dev Here UPDATED ANDROID VERSION TO BETA 4

Posted by MavericK96 on 22 August 2012 - 11:23 AM in General Nerf

Gave this a shot on my Galaxy S III, worked great. One thing I'd love to see is maybe links to some other major Nerf-related forums as well, like Nerf Revolution and SGNerf. Just an idea since, as someone was saying, this seems more like a "NIC" app than a NerfHaven-only one.

#136709 Hole In The Handla

Posted by MavericK96 on 21 January 2008 - 12:38 AM in General Nerf

It's actually sort of silly having a hole for one dart when you consider the way the gun works. I guess it's for some sort of last-chance holdout shot or something.

#328078 Image of New Elite Blaster

Posted by MavericK96 on 16 March 2013 - 01:23 PM in General Nerf

If it is indeed a flywheel blaster, it makes me wonder how fast the ROF could really be with flywheels, seeing as they slow down a bit every time you fire.

#285691 Insane Bna

Posted by MavericK96 on 18 September 2010 - 06:22 PM in Homemades

Dude, it's a bow. Meant for Killing things. And you made it do what? Fire a "safe" foam projectile at someone? Not the brightest move man, that could actually cause some major harm dude. For example, a freak string snapping occurance could easily damage you, and firing it at someone's chest could injure their eyes, given the innacuracy of a nerf dart. Try it on some of the nerf glasses bro, and see what kind of harm it'll do to the glasses.

To be fair here, arrows are made to kill things, not bows specifically. The original Nerf Bow N' Arrow worked on similar principles as this (except it was spring-powered rather than string-powered, though the difference is negligible, really) and it was safe enough to use.

I don't particularly see this as being a viable, useful Nerf weapon, but let's be realistic here. Suddenly it's okay to make a singled Titan or something that can hit over a hundred feet, but not this? It's not like he's firing darts out of something with gunpowder or any other combustible.

#281888 Is The Nerf Tactical Vest Worth The $30?

Posted by MavericK96 on 02 August 2010 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

I'd like to know how big this thing is, measurement-wise. Like, is it only made to fit 10-year-old kids, or can it be adjusted for decent-sized young adults?

#285111 Is The Nerf Tactical Vest Worth The $30?

Posted by MavericK96 on 08 September 2010 - 07:34 PM in General Nerf

The clear mags only seem like they would be useful if you had a Clear series blaster. Otherwise, most of the mag is up inside the blaster and you can't see the dart count anyway.

Might be cool for the 18-round extended mags, though.

#87798 Longshot Mod

Posted by MavericK96 on 18 August 2006 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

Sorry for the bump, but I have a quick question.

To those who removed the rod that the dart fits over--How did you remove it? It seems like it would be hard to get a cutting tool down in that tiny barrel, and so far I can't figure out how. I need to remove it for it to be able to shoot my Stefans with little or no hole in the back.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT:

Actually, I managed to get it out. Not in the "best" way, but it ended up turning out well.

I just took a cylindrical object (in this case, a head-changeable screwdriver minus the head) and pushed down on the rod until it snapped off. When it came off, it incidentally left a little bit of the reinforcement plastic on the barrel, so the darts won't get shoved too far down, but still without the rod. This enabled me to use my Stefans in the clip with no jamming and great amounts of power (I also took out the air restrictor, obviously) The Stefans I made are about as long as the foam part alone of the Streamline darts, so about 1/3 or so of an inch shorter than stock. But I'm pleased that they work so well. I can see where ones that were too short (maybe less than 1.5 inches or something) wouldn't get pushed far enough into the barrel to create a good seal and thus not work as well.

Anyway, just thought I would share my results.

#168673 Longshot Simple Mod Rating

Posted by MavericK96 on 13 August 2008 - 05:15 AM in Modifications

You could just put the red light thing on the bottom of the Recon barrel using the rail system, like it's supposed to be.

#135285 Longshot-mav Integration

Posted by MavericK96 on 08 January 2008 - 06:39 AM in Modifications

That looks really cool, but is it just me or does the LS clip block the Maverick from being able to be primed?

In any case, good work.

EDIT: Didn't really need to quote with all the pics and such.

#88570 Magstrike Modification.

Posted by MavericK96 on 30 August 2006 - 03:42 AM in Modifications

Pretty nice ROF on that thing now.

Good music in the video, too. :)

#126449 Magstrike Modification.

Posted by MavericK96 on 17 October 2007 - 12:21 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the replies. It's not a huge deal if I just have to pump it a few more times, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to exceed the bladder's capacity or something. Sounds more like it's an issue with the pump not making a great seal though, so that's ok.

#125885 Magstrike Modification.

Posted by MavericK96 on 11 October 2007 - 09:53 PM in Modifications

I guess I am still a bit confused, since the original mod write-up seems to have not been fully updated with all the new(ish) information.

So do you need to sand down/reverse the green OP valve thing *and* add constant tension clamps/O-clamps? Or can you just do the green plug reversal and call it good?

Also, would hot glue work for plugging the OP valve or is plumber's goop a better choice?

Sorry for adding more questions to the thread, but I've read through it fully about 3 times now and can't quite figure out the final verdict on some of these issues.

#126440 Magstrike Modification.

Posted by MavericK96 on 16 October 2007 - 11:18 PM in Modifications

Quick question(s):

I did the basic mod (sealed air hole in barrel piece, cut away extra plastic in bladder, and sanded down OP nub) and with 35-40 pumps I can only get something like 1.5 clips off before it runs out of air. Did I do something wrong, or do I just need to pump it more? I don't hear any stress sounds or air leakage. Also, would plugging the hole in the plunger help? Because I didn't do that, but maybe that would give more air per pump, I'm not entirely sure how that part works.

Thanks.

#286823 Market For Older, Classic Nerf?

Posted by MavericK96 on 11 October 2010 - 07:01 PM in General Nerf

Hi guys,

I was clearing out the attic not too long ago, and came across a plethora of random, older Nerf blasters. Stuff like a Master Blaster (with original box), Bow N Arrow (sawed-off tip for dart firing), and several of the Cyber Strike line (Ratchet Blast, AutoGrip (with box), Rototrack, Strong Arm). There's a few Larami/SuperMaxx blasters as well, and some other random stuff.

My question is, is there any sort of market for any of this? These days I'm sure most of these blasters wouldn't be used in a war, but maybe they have collector's value to someone. Me, I just mostly want to get rid of them because they're taking up a lot of space.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

#169910 Maverick Drop Clip

Posted by MavericK96 on 17 August 2008 - 04:17 AM in Modifications

Thread is still over a year old. You could PM someone to ask a question rather than resurrect the thread.