here is a pic

Posted Image

so what do u think is it awsome or what

#2 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

You could just put the red light thing on the bottom of the Recon barrel using the rail system, like it's supposed to be.

#3 ODST Shane

ODST Shane

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:24 AM

You could just put the red light thing on the bottom of the Recon barrel using the rail system, like it's supposed to be.

yah but it would look kooler if its glued onto the longshot

#4 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:34 AM

yah but it would look kooler if its glued onto the longshot

Why don't you try it and see for yourself? Personally I think the Recon front barrel looks out of place on the Longshot to begin with, but to glue the useless attachment to where you've got room for an integration, well, frankly it's a waste.

Also. Please fix your grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Not to be a nag but it's part of the rules. :)

#5 crinal123

crinal123

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:46 AM

I think it would look really cool, the problem is doing it very neatly.
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 4 2008, 09:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#6 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:09 AM

It's not that practical. The light is useless, and the long barrel often decreases range as is; making it longer will just be ridiculous.

Jet black has also been done many times. Try something with more personality.
Teehee.

#7 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:01 AM

No. It isn't awesome. It's not even a Mod because you've done nothing to a gun, even if you did something, you'd just be integrating a two useless features onto a decent gun.

I have no idea why you posted this in General Nerf too.

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=12686

And on painting your guns jet black; in my opinion it looks horrible and is completely uncreative.

Edited by CrazyIvan VI, 13 August 2008 - 07:03 AM.

I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#8 Jabulus

Jabulus

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:40 AM

I agree that it isn't really a mod, but I think you should try it out for yourself and see how it goes. Personally, I love the recon's front barrel on the longshot myself; I occasionally take my brother's barrel and put it on my longshot. And you should do my mod to make that red light better, because it just plain sucks by itself. And I agree that maybe you should try a different color; look at what other people have done and try painting some highlights.
WARNING-THIS IS GETTING BRUTALLY OLD!

QUOTE(Echnalaid)

One screw was stripped on my titan, so I Falcon Punched it. Try a Falcon Punch.

QUOTE(chrisnisk)

Not to mention I got the secret achievement Brass Balls for it

#9 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:23 AM

Edited by AJZ, 13 July 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#10 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

if i made this wat would you thing about it its a simple mod

and i might glue a nerf light attachment to the left side

and after all that i will spraypaint it jet black

here is a pic

Posted Image

so what do u think is it awsome or what

There is a neat key called "SHIFT". Use it. Please. Soon.

Do you even have a Longshot yet? A Recon? Many nerfers who have both Longshots and Recons have done that already, except for the "light where the bipod would go" deal. Personally, and this goes for my son's Longshot, I don't know why you'd want to hack away the bipod, exposing plastic, to glue on the light unit, when (as some have so aptly mentioned) there's a rail on the Recon barrel where you could nicely slip on the light, and more importantly, slip OFF the light unit to change batteries, etc. More practical. Looks really aren't everything.

You hear everyone's opinions. Some love it, some can't stand it. Who are you building your weaponry for anyway? I've built more Nerf blasters than I can count, but I don't ask everyone for what they think... because not everyone will like what I make. But I make these blasters for ME, my KIDS, and those that ask me to build them up for them. No one else. It shouldn't matter what anyone here thinks.

You know how to host and post pics; how's about showing us what you DO have already. That would be pretty neat.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users