Possemhunter's Content

There have been 110 items by Possemhunter (Search limited from 21-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#225092 Titan Trigger Fix

Posted by Possemhunter on 22 April 2009 - 06:15 PM in Modifications

Hello Nerfhaven! This is my first post so I thought I'd contribute something useful.
I have two titans. When the trigger on one of them broke I was annoyed. That little orange piece that fits over the release rod popped off. I diddn't want to use epoxy and gunk everything up and hot glue didn't work so I came up with this. It's a wheel collar on the rod to keep the orange piece in place.

The link to the picture is below.
[img]
http://www.freewebs.com/latomatinamtlaurel...hotoid=33885360[/img]

[img]http://www.freewebs.com/latomatinamtlaurel/photos/BillyNerftitan%20002.jpg[/img]

Yes that is my website about tomatos that the picture is on. Sorry I can't figure out how to post pictures. I searched and it didn't help. I'd appriciate advice.

Before I put the collar on, I used a file to make a flat surface on the rod.
This helps give the collar a better grip.

This last thing isn't special but I also dremmeled ou the air restrictors on the front barrel of the titan so I can fire other things and drop in a barrel of choice.

I'm very sorry about the mess up with the pictures. I

#225099 Titan Trigger Fix

Posted by Possemhunter on 22 April 2009 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

[img]http://www.freewebs.com/latomatinamtlaurel/photos/BillyNerftitan%20002.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.freewebs.com/latomatinamtlaurel/photos/BillyNerftitan%20004.jpg[/img]

Thanks! I aprreciate it!

#225102 How To Make Koosh Rings

Posted by Possemhunter on 22 April 2009 - 06:55 PM in General Nerf

Best first two posts I've ever seen someone make. ;) Very nice job!

Good Job!

#225227 Titan Trigger Fix

Posted by Possemhunter on 23 April 2009 - 06:27 AM in Modifications

Thanks for answering the questions C. slug. I never thought of reducing the trigger pull. That's a good idea.

#225248 The Cyclops

Posted by Possemhunter on 23 April 2009 - 10:44 AM in Modifications

That is so clean! I like it alot. Good job. :lol:

#226635 Firefly Modding

Posted by Possemhunter on 27 April 2009 - 06:27 PM in Modifications

If you don't have the materials to mod, I wouldn't bother opening the gun. Unless you're like me and just like to fiddle with things :blink:. make sure you know what your're doing. My advice is to get a large flat head screwdriver in there and twist it.

#226640 Topic Name Availability

Posted by Possemhunter on 27 April 2009 - 06:33 PM in Site Feedback

You would run out of names so fast. Aboslutely NO

#228622 How To Make Nerf Claymore

Posted by Possemhunter on 06 May 2009 - 06:00 PM in Homemades

That's a good idea. Very simple. I like it. One thing I would do is tie a string from the back of the tube to the spring so that the spring does not launch out. This would be safer and it would make it easier to reset the thing. My other idea is to use something as wadding so that you could fill the tube up with shortie stefans. That would gauruntee a hit.

#229455 Modular Longshot.

Posted by Possemhunter on 10 May 2009 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Nice work! I'll have to try this myself.

#231512 Help! Painting Stefans

Posted by Possemhunter on 20 May 2009 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

Just use Glow in the dark hot glue

That stuff is sick! I would love to have effective tracer darts!

#232524 Nerf Grenade, Pretty Sure This Is An Original Idea

Posted by Possemhunter on 25 May 2009 - 07:27 PM in Homemades

Could you be more detailed? I don't get it. If possible draw another diagram of how this works.

#232526 Air Teck 3000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 25 May 2009 - 07:33 PM in Modifications

Check to see if the trigger is actually pulling the release pin before you put it back together.

#232879 How Do You Put A Picture On A Post

Posted by Possemhunter on 27 May 2009 - 06:04 PM in Off Topic

I take some pity on you. I had the same problem. When you have the code in for the picture in your post and you click post, it will show up with the picture.

Hope it helped assuming you know the rest and were just confued because the pic ddn't show up immediatley

edit- you didn't know where to put the url? Now that's a laughing matter!

#232881 Salvaged Longshot

Posted by Possemhunter on 27 May 2009 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

May I ask why he was running over it? that must have been a heavy bike!

#233410 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 12:43 PM in Modifications

Hello Nerfhaven.

I recently started a new project. I'm combining the airteck 2k tank with a maverick. I had a maverick with a broken outer plunger and a set of 2k internals. The idea was to get the range of the 2k( I know it will be less)
with the cool look of the maverick.

I ran into a slight road block. I had to cut off the goo gauge to fit the tank in. Here's my question- How should I connect the pump hose to the tank? I tried hot glue but it didn't seal.

Posted Image

Thanks for the help. I think this may have been done before but the pictures in the post didn't work anymore.

This is what I have finished so far

Posted Image

The basic layout

Posted Image

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

#233414 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 12:55 PM in Modifications

Drill a little bit in that hole in the back of the tank to the same size as the hose (cut that plastic off of the hose), then glue. Look at the Handy Pistol thread if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Thanks. that's a good idea. I think I'll try it.

#233416 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 12:56 PM in Modifications

I had the idea to use the base of the front of the plunger in my mind. Thanks Tantum

#233420 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 01:18 PM in Modifications

I forgot to mention it, but I had another idea when making this. Have it hooked up to a larger airtank with a valve that would allow a certain amount of pressure into the 2k tank. I just don't know of ny valves that can do that.

#233429 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 02:16 PM in Modifications

I forgot to mention it, but I had another idea when making this. Have it hooked up to a larger airtank with a valve that would allow a certain amount of pressure into the 2k tank. I just don't know of ny valves that can do that.

A regulator valve, a ball valve (if you want to conserve air, you will have to open and close before each shot, though, and an external air tank.

If you don't run the external air tank above 60 to 70 PSI you won't need the regulator. Take a look at imseoulman's "unfair gun" and CaptainSlug's "DIY external air tank".

Edit: For the tubing problem, click the "My Mod Write-Ups" button in my sig. Than take a look at my AT2K mod. It basically shows how to do what wes is talking about.

The problem with using a ball valve of nothing at all is that each successive shot with have less power.

#233446 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

The problem with using a ball valve of nothing at all is that each successive shot with have less power.

If you use a large external air tank the power will go down very slowly, as much more air is required to change the PSI in the tank. I could see you getting easily 30 shots out of a decently sized air tank with only a max deviation in range of 5 to 10 feet or so.

Something the size as one of Slug's backpack air tanks (not referring to his HPA tanks here) could probably get you a bit short of one hundred or so.

Edit: Don't shoot squirrels.

Do you think a titan tank would be suitable for this? I have one to use.

#233618 Bow N' Arrow Write Up

Posted by Possemhunter on 31 May 2009 - 04:27 PM in Modifications

Good job. The minimization was definitely a good idea. Could be good for long range shots at the other team since it probably doesn't have the best RoF. When was the bow'n arrow released by nerf. I know it's old.

#233832 Mod For Buzz Bee Missiles

Posted by Possemhunter on 01 June 2009 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

I have seven of these missiles. Everyone of them broke. Oh well. They didn't go to waste. I use rubber cement and glue it all back together. The added weight makes them fly farther. Is it just me or are most of the missiles terrribly innacurate? I've also tryed to make shrapnel missiles, but none of my designs have had much success.

#234150 My Nerf Nitefinder

Posted by Possemhunter on 03 June 2009 - 04:34 PM in Modifications

Yes, I agree. I think alot of people need to realize it is important to keep some orange visible from the front and sides of a nerf gun. Just the trigger and the tip of the barrel is all you need. Otherwise you could scare alot of people and that could lead to a whole big mess.

#234177 Full Crossbow Modification

Posted by Possemhunter on 03 June 2009 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

Beautiful work! I love the paint job. Simple but so clean.

#234316 Highcap Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 04 June 2009 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

It is easier to help if pictures are in the post. Just do this: 1)copy and paste picture url into post. 2) highlight url. 3) click the image button at top of posting window

#234451 Tech Target Writeup

Posted by Possemhunter on 05 June 2009 - 01:50 PM in Modifications

Nice mod. ;) What are the ranges?

Can you read at all? LItersize beat me to it didn't he?

#234454 Ls Quick Open Mod

Posted by Possemhunter on 05 June 2009 - 01:56 PM in Modifications

Good idea. I have never put all 22 screws back in place. I just put the important ones back in.

#234591 Dtb Broken Plunger

Posted by Possemhunter on 06 June 2009 - 08:00 AM in General Nerf

Plunger feinforcement

#234610 Friction For 1/2" Petg + Streamline Darts

Posted by Possemhunter on 06 June 2009 - 10:44 AM in General Nerf

I would reccomend using something other than streamlines. They have absolutely no accuracy. Use some ctds. They are also come out to be cheaper per dart than those ten packs.

#234976 The Ultimate Doubleshot

Posted by Possemhunter on 08 June 2009 - 01:43 PM in Modifications

Awww Man... I thought you really had a good double shot mod! Aren't I gullible?

#235045 Tech Target Brass Breach

Posted by Possemhunter on 08 June 2009 - 07:01 PM in Modifications

Nice work. I'm a bit confused though. Do you cock the gun regularly, then pull out the 17/32 portion to open it, then put a dart in and push the 17/32 back in? What keeped the dart from going into the plunger tube.

#235046 Mega Missile/ Maverick Integration

Posted by Possemhunter on 08 June 2009 - 07:05 PM in Modifications

How sturdy is it? Nice ranges though.

#235208 Bolt Action Bbbb Breeched To Accept Mags

Posted by Possemhunter on 09 June 2009 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

Nice work, but yes, be more detailed in your write up. An easy way to have nice pictures is to make a freewebs website to host them on. You can upload pics to an album on that website from your computer then put the url of the picture in in your post over here. It's what I do for all my posts.

#235210 Tech Target Brass Breach

Posted by Possemhunter on 09 June 2009 - 02:37 PM in Modifications

XRUSHEDX: It probably does, but its extremely close to airtight, so if it does at all, it will be a small amount. I will probably post ranges when I get rubberbands for it.

Possemhunter: The opening on the plunger tube is about the size of a screwdriver head, so the dart cannot fit through. It really doesn't matter what order you cock/load its really up to the person using the gun. Personally, I normally cock right before I fire, like as i'm pulling the gun out of a holster, so the spring doesn't get to compressed.

MOD_FREAK: Thanks, thats why I love nested brass and PEX tubing. I might drill holes in the PEX to make it look like a flash-hider.

ilzot: Mine used to vacuum load, but somehow I screwed it up. This is a good mod if you cant get it to vacuum load.

Thanks I get it now. I wonder if you could do this to any other guns. The night finder doesn't have enough shell around the barrel to do this do. At least a think.

#235507 Shelia, The Dtb

Posted by Possemhunter on 10 June 2009 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

I was more of hoping for something original like a nf integrate as the plunger tube for the turret giving it more power.

Thanks for the feedback.

Nice mod.

Is it akward to prime the nitefinder now?

Also, how secure is the nightfinder?

Thanks. Not really. As long as you use a decent amount of epoxy/hotglue over a good surface area you're fine.

I like that you tried, but I have to say that it is rather pointless, unless your slide has broken, or lost its function due to other mods.

Thanks. The cocking bar was breaking so I thought I would try this.

I was more of hoping for something original like a nf integrate as the plunger tube for the turret giving it more power.

That is also what I was hoping for. Doesn't this also decrease ranges since it also has to pull that big piece of cpvc and the tee.

Not really, the ranges haven't decreased since I put it on. People really don't know that CPVC doesn't weigh that much.

Hot glue really isn't good for bonding parts that will be stressed or are heavy and have no other support.

#235508 What Screwdrivers Do You Use?

Posted by Possemhunter on 10 June 2009 - 07:38 PM in Off Topic

I use these Screwdrivers

Thse are amazingly comfortable have a decent grip and are narrow enough

#235667 Ultra Dumb Ls. Halp!

Posted by Possemhunter on 11 June 2009 - 04:03 PM in Modifications

Wait, do you have the stock barrel in? Okay I bet you took out the dart tooth. You need that piece. It pushes the dart into the bolt. Refer to this pictureLonghsot internal guide

#235867 Dart Problem

Posted by Possemhunter on 12 June 2009 - 04:11 PM in General Nerf

Just how many layers of e tape did you use for the plunger? It should be enough so that you can hold the plunger in and blow in the barrel without any leaks yet loose enough to slide faily easily. Also, lube the plunger.

#235961 Brass Breech Problem

Posted by Possemhunter on 13 June 2009 - 11:07 AM in Modifications

If you use pipe cutters, there is a large flange left behind. File that off with a round file.. I prefer to use a dremmel to cut brass because it leaves less of a flange behind and is a zillion times quicker. You still have to file a bit though.

#236151 If You Mod A Tek 10

Posted by Possemhunter on 14 June 2009 - 07:20 AM in Modifications

That had to be alot of money in brass!