Possemhunter's Content

There have been 110 items by Possemhunter (Search limited from 13-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#239278 Titan Cluster Missile

Posted by Possemhunter on 29 June 2009 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

I have been, for a long time, attempting to make a missile that could be launched from an off the shelf nerf missile launcher and could also somehow disperse darts over a wide area. I met these terms almost accidentally when I taped a cardboard tube onto a BBBB missile, stuffed the tube with darts and fired. This worked, but the range left something to be desired and the missiles popped because of the amount of pumping nescesary to get any distance. I solved this by super sizing the whole thing.
Posted Image

It's so simple it's shocking that it works so well, and I don't believe it's ever been posted.(Sorry if it has)

To make: Get toilet paper tube and cut in half so you have two tubes.
Cut each lengthwise and tape the tubes together to make a larger diameter tube.
Tape onto top of missile.
Load with darts( just enough so that they easily fall out)
Pump and fire at a high angle so that darts can fall out.

I like this because it gets a whole area covered with darts and the missile still hits some thing/one, its dirt cheap, and easier than doing a shotgun mod to the titan barrel. I haven't measured ranges officially but I think the missile hit about 50 feet. The darts usually fall somewhere 25 feet forward of you. The scatter depends on how you load the darts. I can get 8 darts launched and have a nice ten foot wide spread.
Posted Image

#239282 Titan Cluster Missile

Posted by Possemhunter on 29 June 2009 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

I'll try to get a video of it. However my cameras card is full of priceless memories right now. Maybe tomorrow. How do you even post videos. Is it just like picture?

#239390 Titan Cluster Missile

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 June 2009 - 10:19 AM in Modifications

That's not how TOW Missiles work at all. The wire sends corrective information to the missile via the wire so that the missile changes course and can hit a moving target. For me, my missile is actually practical in nerf wars in my backyard. My friends usually go up onto a second story deck and barricade it, so it's good for me to have something I can shoot up there that will scatter a lot of darts quickly.

does it really matter how ugly it is( which compared to some things here it isn't). It is functional and for me that is all that matters. Would giving it a fancy paintjob make it work any better?

#279165 Nerf Sues Buzz Bee And Lanard!

Posted by Possemhunter on 01 July 2010 - 01:39 PM in General Nerf

I find it funny that Buzz Bee headquarters is in my town of residence

#233446 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

The problem with using a ball valve of nothing at all is that each successive shot with have less power.

If you use a large external air tank the power will go down very slowly, as much more air is required to change the PSI in the tank. I could see you getting easily 30 shots out of a decently sized air tank with only a max deviation in range of 5 to 10 feet or so.

Something the size as one of Slug's backpack air tanks (not referring to his HPA tanks here) could probably get you a bit short of one hundred or so.

Edit: Don't shoot squirrels.

Do you think a titan tank would be suitable for this? I have one to use.

#239370 Titan Cluster Missile

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 June 2009 - 06:19 AM in Modifications

soccerbeast, you perfectly replicated my results. Thanks for doing the video.

#233429 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 02:16 PM in Modifications

I forgot to mention it, but I had another idea when making this. Have it hooked up to a larger airtank with a valve that would allow a certain amount of pressure into the 2k tank. I just don't know of ny valves that can do that.

A regulator valve, a ball valve (if you want to conserve air, you will have to open and close before each shot, though, and an external air tank.

If you don't run the external air tank above 60 to 70 PSI you won't need the regulator. Take a look at imseoulman's "unfair gun" and CaptainSlug's "DIY external air tank".

Edit: For the tubing problem, click the "My Mod Write-Ups" button in my sig. Than take a look at my AT2K mod. It basically shows how to do what wes is talking about.

The problem with using a ball valve of nothing at all is that each successive shot with have less power.

#233420 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 01:18 PM in Modifications

I forgot to mention it, but I had another idea when making this. Have it hooked up to a larger airtank with a valve that would allow a certain amount of pressure into the 2k tank. I just don't know of ny valves that can do that.

#238013 Yalpam Ii

Posted by Possemhunter on 22 June 2009 - 01:56 PM in Modifications

that.... is .... skill. I love how you used the front trigger to actually fire something instead of keyrings. Great job.

#229455 Modular Longshot.

Posted by Possemhunter on 10 May 2009 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Nice work! I'll have to try this myself.

#236764 Longshot Banana Clip

Posted by Possemhunter on 16 June 2009 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

So you duct taped two longshot clips together? So what. It isn't any more functional than a single clip, just more unwieldly and a waste of another clip. Why not just take cardboard and put it on the sides of both clips so you can have two "bannana clips?

#236771 Longshot Banana Clip

Posted by Possemhunter on 16 June 2009 - 02:51 PM in Modifications

Ohhh. Sorry. That's actually an ok idea. I thought you were taping the top of one to the bottom of the bottom of another so you couldn't use the bottom one. I'm still not sure this needed it's own thread though.

#234454 Ls Quick Open Mod

Posted by Possemhunter on 05 June 2009 - 01:56 PM in Modifications

Good idea. I have never put all 22 screws back in place. I just put the important ones back in.

#226635 Firefly Modding

Posted by Possemhunter on 27 April 2009 - 06:27 PM in Modifications

If you don't have the materials to mod, I wouldn't bother opening the gun. Unless you're like me and just like to fiddle with things :blink:. make sure you know what your're doing. My advice is to get a large flat head screwdriver in there and twist it.

#278500 Longshot Breech Questions

Posted by Possemhunter on 24 June 2010 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

I would like to say that I made the standard angel breech with a 17/32 insert for smaller darts. You just need to make sure that the 1/2 inch pusher will not be touching the 17/32 piece. With this system you can fire different
"calibers" of foam and change the barrel accordingly. I will add that my longshot only shoots around 65 feet flat like this but it is probably just the darts (bit to loose) or the fact that the gun is like five years old. I don't see how doing this could hurt though.

#234150 My Nerf Nitefinder

Posted by Possemhunter on 03 June 2009 - 04:34 PM in Modifications

Yes, I agree. I think alot of people need to realize it is important to keep some orange visible from the front and sides of a nerf gun. Just the trigger and the tip of the barrel is all you need. Otherwise you could scare alot of people and that could lead to a whole big mess.

#298511 Establishing barrel length

Posted by Possemhunter on 24 May 2011 - 03:29 PM in Modifications

If you use an airgun and are one of those people who likes to hide in bushes, taking pot shots, spray a load of wd40 in the barrel before shooting. Watch how far it goes.

#247600 Saftey Glasses

Posted by Possemhunter on 19 August 2009 - 08:11 AM in General Nerf

I use the same safety glasses that I use for modding for nerfing

#251703 Need Some Help With Nf Mod Troubleshooting

Posted by Possemhunter on 26 September 2009 - 11:16 AM in Modifications

Two words DART FIT. Unless your darts are obscenely fat, 9/16 brass is only good for long barrels. Tape a piece of 17/32 in as a barrel insert and you should see an improvement.

#235507 Shelia, The Dtb

Posted by Possemhunter on 10 June 2009 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

I was more of hoping for something original like a nf integrate as the plunger tube for the turret giving it more power.

Thanks for the feedback.

Nice mod.

Is it akward to prime the nitefinder now?

Also, how secure is the nightfinder?

Thanks. Not really. As long as you use a decent amount of epoxy/hotglue over a good surface area you're fine.

I like that you tried, but I have to say that it is rather pointless, unless your slide has broken, or lost its function due to other mods.

Thanks. The cocking bar was breaking so I thought I would try this.

I was more of hoping for something original like a nf integrate as the plunger tube for the turret giving it more power.

That is also what I was hoping for. Doesn't this also decrease ranges since it also has to pull that big piece of cpvc and the tee.

Not really, the ranges haven't decreased since I put it on. People really don't know that CPVC doesn't weigh that much.

Hot glue really isn't good for bonding parts that will be stressed or are heavy and have no other support.

#235046 Mega Missile/ Maverick Integration

Posted by Possemhunter on 08 June 2009 - 07:05 PM in Modifications

How sturdy is it? Nice ranges though.

#254100 Planning On N-force Swords Mods

Posted by Possemhunter on 20 October 2009 - 05:43 PM in General Nerf

Wow. You really think that way? I bet people would pay to study you. Swords and blaster are two entirely different things with nothing alike except who makes them. Maybe if you read some good modifications on this site you understand that.

#248378 Dtb Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 24 August 2009 - 09:52 AM in Modifications

Make sure that the barrels line up with the plunger when you pull the trigger to fire. It sounds like the turret isn't advancing all the way.

#247997 Rf20 Problem

Posted by Possemhunter on 21 August 2009 - 03:17 PM in General Nerf

I would be extremely happy with an automatic that could shoot 3 round bursts!

#232526 Air Teck 3000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 25 May 2009 - 07:33 PM in Modifications

Check to see if the trigger is actually pulling the release pin before you put it back together.

#250624 Cpvc At3k

Posted by Possemhunter on 16 September 2009 - 05:33 PM in Modifications

Actually, I cpvc'd mine and it shoots 40 plus feet with tight fitting taggers. My barrels are only three inches long too.

#247635 Help!

Posted by Possemhunter on 19 August 2009 - 02:33 PM in Modifications

I've never heard of anyone doing this. The problem with this idea is that longshot clips are bulky and breeches are complicated. The plunger movement of a night finder is only 1 and 3/4 of an inch if I'm not mistaken. I am going to assume your darts are longer than that so you have to have two separate things to move to ready the gun. The other problem is that the nightfinder doesn't move a lot of air and the breech will most likely have dead space this reduces the range of the gun.

#234451 Tech Target Writeup

Posted by Possemhunter on 05 June 2009 - 01:50 PM in Modifications

Nice mod. ;) What are the ranges?

Can you read at all? LItersize beat me to it didn't he?

#299129 RF20

Posted by Possemhunter on 01 June 2011 - 02:56 PM in General Nerf

Ho Ho! I sense soem tension brewing! Fight Fight Fight! :wacko:

Plastic parts, especially those in nerf guns can be repaired with heat and pressure. They have plastic welding guns that essentially blow a hot stream of air over a focused point to remelt plastic. The most common place for these cracks is along the seam where they were molded. If the plastic is in fact to blame, I would hit it with a propane torch just enough to make it barely malty, then put your bladder or hose back in and squeeze it with a pair of pliers.

~Possum

#242185 Small Question

Posted by Possemhunter on 16 July 2009 - 09:13 AM in Modifications

Home Depot might have odd sizes for cpvc. I took a stefan made of their foam, a stock tagger dart and a stock whistler dart and all of them were so tight that they couldn't fit in. where does everyone else get cpvc?

#247774 Titan Mod Without Pvc Pipes?

Posted by Possemhunter on 20 August 2009 - 07:13 AM in Modifications

If you want to increase the range of the missile just plug the over pressure release valve on the pump.
The missile shoots absurdly far, but because of the hollow tip it still wouldn't hurt a small child at thirty pumps.

How exactly do you know this?

How close was the poor kid?

I'm scared

And yes it's worth cutting out the ar's to shoot other things

#248125 Anyone On Nerfhaven Unicycle?

Posted by Possemhunter on 22 August 2009 - 01:40 PM in Off Topic

I didn't know they had mountain unicycles

#241481 At2k Issue

Posted by Possemhunter on 11 July 2009 - 05:04 PM in Modifications

Just make sure it is a clean cut. I would use a dremmel with a cutting wheel or a hacksaw. And clamp the tank down before you cut.

#283310 How To Re-compress Springs?

Posted by Possemhunter on 17 August 2010 - 08:37 AM in Modifications

No it will not matter for a trigger spring and typically if you find the right pen, you can steal its spring. For main springs you just have to re-temper them in a forge which isn't hard if you know what you are doing. A blow torch could work as well.

#257439 How To Make Hollow Stefans (tutorial)

Posted by Possemhunter on 28 November 2009 - 09:19 AM in General Nerf

How do you know I'm not your dad? huh No I'm just kidding

#257435 How To Make Hollow Stefans (tutorial)

Posted by Possemhunter on 28 November 2009 - 08:45 AM in General Nerf

Good idea. It would be cool if you could heat the nail electrically (don't zap yourself). I think the purpose of the hollow in the back of darts is to improve the seal between the barrel, not increase accuracy. When the blast of air hits the hollow in the the dart, the rear rim expands and forms a nice seal against the barrel. In theory this would allow you to use a barrel that would otherwise be just a bit to loose. But what do I know. I'll have to test it when I get more foam.

#253639 Best Modification

Posted by Possemhunter on 15 October 2009 - 07:48 PM in Modifications

To do a barrel replacement, you really need to remove the ar's anyway.

#233832 Mod For Buzz Bee Missiles

Posted by Possemhunter on 01 June 2009 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

I have seven of these missiles. Everyone of them broke. Oh well. They didn't go to waste. I use rubber cement and glue it all back together. The added weight makes them fly farther. Is it just me or are most of the missiles terrribly innacurate? I've also tryed to make shrapnel missiles, but none of my designs have had much success.

#234316 Highcap Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 04 June 2009 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

It is easier to help if pictures are in the post. Just do this: 1)copy and paste picture url into post. 2) highlight url. 3) click the image button at top of posting window

#226640 Topic Name Availability

Posted by Possemhunter on 27 April 2009 - 06:33 PM in Site Feedback

You would run out of names so fast. Aboslutely NO