THIRST's Content

There have been 999 items by THIRST (Search limited from 11-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#46375 Zero Valve

Posted by THIRST on 21 January 2005 - 08:56 PM in Homemades

Several people have successfully made one, dont remember who though. Everyone else I talked to said theirs leaked, its hard to make a precise homemade valve, one sloppy thing and it leaks, hard to fix Im guessing too.

THIRST

#9350 Zero Talent Look!

Posted by THIRST on 07 September 2003 - 01:39 PM in Modifications

thanks, ya I did see that picture, but i dont have that spring...so i used a rubber band instead...its in the same postion, thats probobally the reason, thanks for your help anyway.

The difference between our blastfires is mine has slighly longer barrels,the pump is facing hte other way with a small hole through it so a bolt can go in there to lock the pump in place to be a stock, my trigger assmebly is removed, and I sawed off a bit more plastic on the middle part where the tubes go through. hehe, mine can only go full auto and all at once:(, but its really good. Im sure your is better. :D On my dualies site ill try and get pics of mine :)

#9427 Zero Talent Look!

Posted by THIRST on 08 September 2003 - 02:09 PM in Modifications

The stock is the pump, and it really helps when im holding the handle with 1 hand, and my other hand for pushing forward the white thing. It helps steady it and make it more accurate...when I dont use it is when the same hand thats on the handle reaches forward to fire the white thing(with my thumb) and the other hand is below the barrels...

At first I thought it wouldnt help, but thought it would be intimidating, but it surprised me that it helped steady the gun despite how flimsy the pump is. This gun reminds me of a micro Uzi witha foldable stock and full auto:) thats what I tried to make it like...too bad the micro uzi doesnt use 5 barrels, hehe. -_-

#9323 Zero Talent Look!

Posted by THIRST on 06 September 2003 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

Zero on your site, foam modified, you modified my blastfire and took the green cocking peice off. I had done this 1 year ago, then I saw your site. I (luckily) kept all of the green peice parts, and did what you did, but I cant seem to get it to work. When i pump then shoot, it cant move to a different chamber, i shoot, the white thing moves forward...when i release the trigger, it just goes back to the previous stage and can only fire the first barrel. Can you tell me how to fix this?

Thanks

(I did a very similair mod to my blastfire to the one you did...great minds think alike hehe)

#51352 Your Pope Died.

Posted by THIRST on 02 April 2005 - 10:33 AM in Off Topic

I dont think your Pope would like that you started cussing at people over the internet in defence.

Im not Christian/Catholic, so this all really means nothing to me.

THIRST

#15491 Your Favorite Guns (and Combos)

Posted by THIRST on 02 January 2004 - 11:27 AM in General Nerf

Well, im in the process of making a cpvc blastfire fire 5 shots semi auto for about 100 feet each, and I might integrate a sm750 in it, and connecting them to the same pump.

Other than that, I just carry my single barrelled 2k, custom multibarreled 2k, or my custom maxshot.

#56627 Your Combo

Posted by THIRST on 05 June 2005 - 07:33 AM in General Nerf

RAMBO!
Putting The Circus Out Of Bussiness Since 1990â„¢.

Posted Image
I use the rf40.

But seriously, I go in with a ttg and a nitefinder.

THIRST

I can't find Rambo's picture : /. Weird.

#69377 Yes.... Yes Its Me!

Posted by THIRST on 17 December 2005 - 08:37 AM in Off Topic

I remember you, long time no see.

#31202 Yes. Its Not Quite As Cool

Posted by THIRST on 14 July 2004 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

This is my warthog. 2 4 inch cpvc barrels with tips sanded down for easy loading. 40-50 feet, good considering the sze of its plunger tube, and its air output. One more mod tomorrow(pics)or the next day, and I think Ill take a break.
Posted Image
Posted Image

THIRST

#30997 Yes. It's Just That Cool.

Posted by THIRST on 12 July 2004 - 04:34 PM in Modifications

Airbrush is for the weak of mind. Spray paint.

THIRST

#30979 Yes. It's Just That Cool.

Posted by THIRST on 12 July 2004 - 02:55 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

4 inch cpvc barrels, sanded out at the tip for easy loading. 2 copper couplers on each barrel wrapped in duct tape lightly so the couplers/barrels touch. Barrels wrapped in a bike inner tube for extra reinforcement. 2 #8 washers on valve hole to prevent glue from getting in there, causing leaks, and the washer makes the airflow better. 2 inner tube pieces wrapped around the handle for a comfy rubberized grip. Spiffy paintjob.

80 feet wehn darts pushed in with fingers, 100 feet when completely ramrodded.

Alex, I need a hug. This is my first prettyfultacular gun!

THIRST

#31615 Yes. It's Just That Cool.

Posted by THIRST on 18 July 2004 - 02:33 PM in Modifications

triple barrel NF
And im currently making a quadbarrel TTG that improves over all my other pistol-shotties. It will be better in. Every. Single. Way. Itll be done in a bit over a week, when I get back from camping. Until then, Ill let the suspence knaw at your puny little minds.

THIRST

#31018 Yes. It's Just That Cool.

Posted by THIRST on 12 July 2004 - 06:26 PM in Modifications

Or so Ive heard, Langly had a sf with a silver inside also.

I wanted the dull green, so Im satisfyed. At least you didnt call it fugly. :) Though it feels awkward without you bashing my guns, some things should never change...

THIRST

#31540 Yes. It's Just That Cool.

Posted by THIRST on 17 July 2004 - 02:55 PM in Modifications

if it was a ton of work to use plumber's goop and good construction techniques, i would understand. but it isn't.

Ok duder, you need to shut up. Your acting like plumbers goop is better than us. I dont usually use tape, and I used to hate it with a passion, but tape offers a versatilty over plumbers goop that cannot be ignored. Its cheap, easy to use, and you probobally have loads of the stuff lying around in your house. If I want something to be secure or airtight, Ill plumbers goop. If I just want to tape something together to make it so it isnt all over the place, Ill use duct tape. Tape can be retaped easily, and can be undone easily to tweak your gun.

Your arguments are getting halfminded and repetative. If I want something pretty, Ill paint a picuture. Courtesy os Shortshit. I want funcionailty, and to be able to take my guns apart. My next triple barrel NF, coming to a thre near you, will use alot of tape, just for you Okto.

THIRST

#30986 Yes. It's Just That Cool.

Posted by THIRST on 12 July 2004 - 03:14 PM in Modifications

Rammed, really awsome. Not rammed, less awsome.

THIRST

#30043 Yeah, Another Modded Crossbow...

Posted by THIRST on 01 July 2004 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

if you don't want to buy it, then don't. saying that i'm a "cocky noob" isn't going to get me to lower the price in shame,

Dont worry, so is he :P

Since 3dBBQ came.. well... don't call him a n00b

Haha, what I find Ironic, is hes been nerfing longer than you :P

THIRST

Its all in good fun

#30075 Yeah, Another Modded Crossbow...

Posted by THIRST on 01 July 2004 - 01:37 PM in Modifications

No. The maxshot is not nearly as good as the xbow.

The Xbow is much more durable, and is maintainable. The things a real workhorse. Whatever happens to it, it can be fixed. The maxshot on the other hand is quite the opposite. Not durable, hard to fix, and defiantly not as asthetically pleasing.

THIRST

Ompa, I dont get it?

#29950 Yeah, Another Modded Crossbow...

Posted by THIRST on 30 June 2004 - 10:34 AM in Modifications

Switch to stefans, and your range will increase like none other.

THIRST

#30077 Yeah, Another Modded Crossbow...

Posted by THIRST on 01 July 2004 - 01:40 PM in Modifications

^
|
|

He speaks the truth.

THIRST

#30067 Yeah, Another Modded Crossbow...

Posted by THIRST on 01 July 2004 - 01:21 PM in Modifications

Only modding for 6 months

When I say nerfing, I mean modding.

Thirst, I'm not a cocky n00b, so bite your forked tongue.

If you take offence to that, what makes you think he didnt. And by saying "bite yours forked toung", you are...

If you hadnt figured it out, I was joking. I even put a dman smiley after it. And said "Its all in good fun". You really gotta chill man.

THIRST

#9236 Y Does Everyone Favor Single Barrel

Posted by THIRST on 04 September 2003 - 07:43 PM in Modifications

Sometimes using a 4-barrel on a at2k will make it very front heavy. I personally favor single barrels because they can be more accurate beacuase they are centered, are easier to load(only worry about 1 barrel) and have a better seal because they are directly conencted to the valve.

If they miss with single barreled guns(after a mod) than it shows they have less patience. Its more helpfull to wait for the shot instead of just firing when i see your fingernail. Im not saying your friends suck, and maybe I have no idea what im talking about, but thats just a suggestion. My wars I usually limit MYSELF 5-10 bulltets so I can get better and learn to cope with a small ammo supply. In forcing myself to do this, I usually conserve ammo, and rarely miss.

#10520 Xbox

Posted by THIRST on 27 September 2003 - 03:12 PM in Off Topic

Well, I dont have an xbox, but I play it alot, and they have different kinds of games. PS2 hasnt really been putting out alot of games lately, and counterstrike on a system is going to be horrible...but xbox is has lots of fun games if they fit your preference, if the price is right, get one. Get timesplitters 2 for your PS2 though, its one of the few awsome games for that system.

#16065 Xbow Badassification

Posted by THIRST on 09 January 2004 - 05:10 PM in Modifications

Post pics.

#41459 X-bows

Posted by THIRST on 11 November 2004 - 05:30 PM in General Nerf

Actually, Cx isnt a skeleton...Sofa, we were looking for dates on the box, but its already been comfirmed nerf has nothing to with them.

THIRST

#14528 Wrist Blitzer

Posted by THIRST on 17 December 2003 - 04:18 PM in Modifications

Saw off the barrel, add a new barrel connected by vianl tubing, and make it shoot stefans. You cant internally mod it because its sealed, and if you do open it, its gonna be a bitch to seal it up again wth glue.

#14536 Wrist Blitzer

Posted by THIRST on 17 December 2003 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

No, sorry, it came with megas, and shoots megas.

Exis, I doubt you could change the firing mechanism because

1) its sealed shut, so you are gonna have a tough time opening that thing
2) Your gonna have a tough time closing it
most importantly...
3) the way it works, is that the plunger catches on a small knob in the plunger tube(my best guess) and a slight tap on the plunger with send it past the knob making it fire. You could try, but I guess well just haveto wait and find out.

#14523 Wrist Blitzer

Posted by THIRST on 17 December 2003 - 04:01 PM in Modifications

Worst decision youve ever made. It shoots a total of 10 feet, and must use Nerf megas because of the peg. The only thing I see useful in that gun is to use it for spare parts.

#14540 Wrist Blitzer

Posted by THIRST on 17 December 2003 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

Thats what I said, witht the vinal tubing and all, but that idea is great. The only problem s that it doesnt put out enough air to go through the vianl tubing, and launch a stefan 5-70 feet or whatever you want it to be. Its just not gonna happen.

And hotglue is very weak when glueing any type of plastic. Just use plumbers goop, and if you wanna take it off, just rip it off. Hot glue is way too weak.

#14434 Wrist Blitzer

Posted by THIRST on 16 December 2003 - 05:11 PM in Modifications

No, I have the gun you mean, dont waste a brass barrel on it, the air output is too small for a barrel, or use.

#14438 Wrist Blitzer

Posted by THIRST on 16 December 2003 - 06:04 PM in Modifications

Err, sorry, my bad.

#8914 Wow, I Made A Dart That Gains Lift!

Posted by THIRST on 30 August 2003 - 11:58 AM in Homemades

Sort of... the wing itsef is actually two different peices of paper. The width of EACH wing is 1/2 inch or maybe a bit more, however you like. The length of A wing is a bit shorter than the dart itself. Than you get tape and tape them together leaving 1/2 inch inbetween the wings so the tape holds onto the dart as well as the wings. These darts work better only with higher powered guns because the higher the power, the farther the art will go because its extended range will be increased. The gun needs to have an exceptional velocity for best results.

(remember to make the wings in the shape of f-14 wings or something so it actually works)

EDIT: ill put a writeup on my dart on a site im going to create with pics of some of my guns. Ill tell you guys when its up and ready :lol: oh and ZERO, they are delta style wings out of paper

#8878 Wow, I Made A Dart That Gains Lift!

Posted by THIRST on 29 August 2003 - 03:31 PM in Homemades

the wings are each 1/2 inch wide and easily fold around the dart, and sandman, Im sorry i dont have a digital camera, but even if i didnt, if you read the post at all its easily possible, why dont you try what i did and see for yourself... but its just sience, its partially aerodynamic(its not because of the suction cup), and has aerodynamic wings. Its form of propulsion is the air produced from the max shot, pushing it out of the barrel, in which the wings expand making the dart go farther because it gains lift. Even though the wings are small, because of the speed in which the dart is going, its going to go farther than it would at a slower speed.

But if you dont believe me, I really dont care, because its not hurting me at all, and shows a lack of understanding if you still dont realize after this explanation...

no offence

#8846 Wow, I Made A Dart That Gains Lift!

Posted by THIRST on 28 August 2003 - 07:29 PM in Homemades

I just made a micro dart with wings. I took one of my regular red micro darts, and taped on a pair of wings. Each wing is about 1/2 inch wide and fly very far, and hit very fast. These work best in my max shot and surprisingly my blowgun. I wouldnt be surprised if i could make 150 feet with my max shot using this dart.
Sorry i dont have pics.
Its really simple though cut out a small wing a bit shorter than a dart and 1/2 inch wide, then make another, then tape them 1/2 inch apart and put them on your dart, and wallah! These things are great, they go very fast. You could probobally make a stefan version, but i havnt tried yet.

If any of you decide to make these, tell me how they worked for you.

#13468 Working On Grenades

Posted by THIRST on 30 November 2003 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

Very nice ZERO, you've sparked an idea...Well, you had some prety nice plans drawn up, fairly complicated, and seemed like some parts were hard to get. You gave me a really simple idea...

Basically, its a long, tube of 1/2 inch pvc. Make it as long as you like, preferrably about 1 foot long.
At both ends of the tube are endcaps, both with holes. The back end has an endcap with a small hole to put a tire stem valve. At the top, a small pump from an old and broken switch shots ultra with a sawed off handle will go. Im going to take a wooden dowel and glue it on to the pumphead. The wooden dowel should be 10 inches. This is the firing valve.
Drill holes on all sides of the top half of the pvc. In the holes, glue some small vinal tubing, connected to 1 barrel. Make about 10 of these holes and barrels, and cut 10 vinal tubing sections into the approriate length. Glue these small barrels all around the grenade in all directions.

Ok, so now we have a very thin pump with the pumphead the inner diameter of 1/2 inch pvc, 2 endcaps with small holes drilled in them, a 1 foot piece of 1/2 inch pvc with 10 holes drilled into it, 10 barrels connected by vinal tubing from the holes glued all over your nade, and a tire stem valve.

Attach a small string to the top of the firing rod. Glue the other end of the string to a small bolt. Now attach a small circle witha hole in it the size of your bolt so you can feed the bolt thruough it. Attach that circle to wherever on your nade makes the string taught.

Take the tire stem valve tip and stick it thruogh the back endcap, and glue all that to the back of the pvc. Stick your firing rod half-way into the pvc, with about 4 inches sticking out. now place the other endcap over that, and whalla, a nade.

To prime, push the firing rod in untill about 3-4 inches is sticking out, place the bolt in so the string is taught and the firing rod cannot go backwards. Now pump once or twice. There should be pressure on the firing rod, but no air should leak. Load each barrel with a dart. To fire, just pull the bolt. It will take a few seconds for the nade to fire its shrapnel because the air is forcing the pumphead up with the firing rod, and because its the same inner diameter, there is so much friction, that it takes a few seconds to move the pumphead up far enough for the holes, releasing air, and it fires. feedback would be nice, as Im planning on making this thing.
sorry for no pics, must be very hard to understand, if you understand try and make a drawing of it, but i gotta go to bed, cya.
****NOTE****
All of the holes must be roughly the same level or it will not work, becuase all the air will go to the lowest holes.

#13686 Working On Grenades

Posted by THIRST on 04 December 2003 - 03:22 PM in Homemades

And Im saying it couldnt unless you want to fire darts at the ground...you need to look at his designs more carefully Tualatin...

#13516 Working On Grenades

Posted by THIRST on 01 December 2003 - 09:04 PM in Homemades

As I presumed, no one understood my idea...wheres ZERO when you need him?

Someone read my design over carefully and tell me what you think, if your going to be lazy I dont think you should bother being in this topic...with that in mind, you can tell how desperate I am ... :ph34r:
(I also recognize that I cant even make a drawing of it...so thats laziness on my part...but o well...)

#13553 Working On Grenades

Posted by THIRST on 02 December 2003 - 03:10 PM in Homemades

ZERO, your a genius...I understand your corrections, thanks, you asked why a dowel?...the dowel is there only so you can custumize the size of the pump to get it excactly where you need it...which also increases and decreases the sizeof the air chamber. Also, with an extended firing rod, it will be easier to push down...but really it serves the purpose of adjusting the time it will take for the grenade to let its air out firing the darts/shrapnel...so its kind of a timer ^_^

In your diagram, the only correction you would need besides adding the barrels(whichyou already stated), is that the barrels need to be slightly down, because the pumphad is going to need to be able to go past the barrels letting air out into the barrels.
And because it could hurt if you throw it, you could wrap the shaft in insulation like H2H weapons.
So you like my idea?

EDIT: And justiceboy, I used to make homemade explosives(stay back and its less dangerous...), and a few weeks ago, I had an "explosive" idea dealing with ESTER rocket fuel, a crayola, and a long shaft of pvc. I would put rocket fuel into the crayola, seal it off with paper, add a fuse, load it in the back of a long pvc shaft, light the fuse and whalla!, a rocket launcher with a firing range of approxamatly 250 feet depending on the angle of firing, and the the type of fuel.

#9576 Will This Work?

Posted by THIRST on 10 September 2003 - 07:33 PM in Modifications

Yes to the first thing, For the second,I have no idea what your talking about. To extend the airtank, take off the liqautron, cut a hole through the rubber memberane, glue vinal tubing to the opening, have it running to a 2 inch PVC peice with endcaps on each end. Make sure its airtight. Youll have to pump more, and If your doing a multi barrel, than its just going to get in the way. It would be better to pump it ess for 6 shots. However, if you are single barreling, and are used to pumping it alot and doing so would be no loss, than try it. NOT MY FUALT IF IT DOESNT WORK!, anyway, its reversable...to a point. If it doesnt work rip off your airtank extension and plug up that hole and walla it works great(very very good).

#47420 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by THIRST on 17 February 2005 - 05:38 PM in General Nerf

Most people, when i tell them about nerf, think its really cool, I dont even need to show it to them, i just say "I modify nerf guns", and they are interested...I can think of plenty of people who would immediatly dislike it though, because they care too much.

What the HELL was that for, Thirst?

Put simply, I would rather have a forum where I dont have to put up with Falcon's self-promoting-hot-crap shit. This doesnt even deserve another comment, I want Falcon to stay at nhq.

THIRST

#47336 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by THIRST on 16 February 2005 - 02:42 PM in General Nerf

Go here for my similar, but longer article:

http://www.nerfhq.co...ew.php?p=106883

w007

Go back to nerfhq.

THIRST