ilzot's Content

There have been 280 items by ilzot (Search limited from 20-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#209288 Range Estimators Listen Up!

Posted by ilzot on 03 February 2009 - 06:28 PM in General Nerf

Nice, nice job. I've done this before with things besides Nerf firing tests and liked what I saw. Just put a piece of bright yellow e-tape around my tire :P I'll be using this method soon!

#209286 Rubberband O-ring

Posted by ilzot on 03 February 2009 - 06:25 PM in General Nerf

It MIGHT, depending on your rubber band. If you're using a very thick band that's 2+ inches unstretched, then it'll just be wayyy too fat. If you're using one of the very small, about 3/5 inch when unstretched rubber bands, you could maybe get a good seal.

#209283 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by ilzot on 03 February 2009 - 06:14 PM in General Nerf

Well. I asked them yesterday. Right when I said "Hardware store" my dad gave me the O.o look. I explained deeper and he said "If we're on our way by, then sure, you can stop in. I just don't want to have to lug around these 20' pieces of pipe." I explained the pipe cutters and he seems fine.

Thank god :P.

#208977 Glue Gun Screw-up

Posted by ilzot on 02 February 2009 - 06:22 PM in General Nerf

Happened to my friend several times. It's just cooked glue. He just used it through a few more sticks and it turned back into the clear-coloured.

#208972 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by ilzot on 02 February 2009 - 06:15 PM in General Nerf

It's not money man. Just getting to the store, let alone dumpster diving.

By the way, not the best idea. Doubt that anyone, besides maybe you, does that.

#208556 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by ilzot on 01 February 2009 - 10:07 AM in General Nerf

Alright, all of this is great advice.

Basically, this is what I'll tell them. "Hey Dad/Mom. I was just wondering if we could stop by Lowes or Home Depot sometime this week. I'm starting to get into Nerf modding, and I'm stuck with no materials. I mean, look what I'm stuck with." *pull out Recon with glue stick for spring housing* *pull out singled Tek Six w/ Crayola* "I'm stuck with using school supplies to mod with. Right now, you know I want to be an electrical engineer" (What I want to be when I grow up..) "but I really can't run around the house checking out how things are wired without risking electrocution... so I think that I could give Nerf modding a try. I know, yes, that it uses guns, but it's a safer, better, alternative to paintball, airsoft, or real guns. I might need to make monthly trips to a hardware store for supplies, but I promise that I'll only go if it's not in the way and we're driving by it. All I'd really need is some piping, like PVC or CPVC or brass, some adhesives, like epoxy and JB Weld, other stuff like epoxy putty, couplers, and plumber's goop, but it's all really cheap, and I'll use my own money. So, what do you say?"

End lecturing.

#208554 My "broken" Double Shot

Posted by ilzot on 01 February 2009 - 09:56 AM in Modifications

They actually do break bretty easily. I've gone through 2, but threw both away as I didn't know about this. That string is constantly rubbing against the shell, and mine did this so much that when I primed it, it just snapped.

But yes, this is an awesome mod. I love seeing mods like these that make something out of nothing :ph34r:

#208449 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 10:31 PM in General Nerf

Okay CrazyIvan. Well. I have. You can't just say "Can I go to the hardware store?" For someone my age, my parents would be like WTF. So, this thread is for gathering advice on how to run it by them, with explanations about nerf modding.

Also, I'd love to ride my bike, but myself, let alone my parents, won't allow me to ride to the nearest one. I would have to travel along one of the biggest highways in the county, and would have to go for an almost hour long trip.

#208295 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 03:52 PM in General Nerf

Nice advice man. Sometime this weekend I might sit them down and have a chat about it.

#208288 Halo 3 scumbag Rifle

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

I was thinking, since BR's shoot a 3 bullet bursts, why not Angel breech a longshot? Then, just prime it 3 times (I heard it can shoot several bullets at once, but I don't know about 3...) and fire. This is with, obviously, cosmetic mods to make it look like a Battle Rifle.

#208279 Clear Maverick Mod

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 03:19 PM in Modifications

In shooting, Mavericks suck, and this one might. But it looks soooo awesome that I'd never let it get out into a war, or even a shooting test (besides just seeing if it works.)

#208273 Nerf Tank

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 03:03 PM in Off Topic

I don't think it's a good idea. Just my opinion [/sarcasm]

Yea. Retarded idea.

#208263 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 02:42 PM in General Nerf

#1. Wayyyyyy. Off topic.

#2. You just did.

Thanks for all the advice JSB. I'll definatly use some :P It isn't a battle, as I've asked only a few times.

#208241 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 01:58 PM in General Nerf

Ok. I dunno about when, but sometimes soon, I'll bring it up. Right now, I have a broken FireFly (dunno why it broke.) and alot of munies. So I might go on a shopping spree.

#208240 Paper Speedloaders

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 01:51 PM in Modifications

Ok guys, I have made a topic about Nerf modding and parents. http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=15111

I'd just stop talking about how far everyone lives away from a hardware store, and get back onto the subject of these :P

On this topic, I actually went and made one, and it works decently. The paper is a bit porous, so I lost a bit of range, but not enough to make me stop using them :( Thanks!

#208238 Halo 3 scumbag Rifle

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 01:49 PM in Modifications

I was debating about making one... but just decided not to. They're really not "super-similar."

Also, I'd be careful. Concept/Paint drawing topics are extremely erotic.

#208237 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 01:45 PM in General Nerf

That's my situation. I live about 10 minutes from the nearest Lowes, and that's in car. That could take me almost an hour on bike, and I have to ride along a major highway. I also don't live in the safest place, so they don't have a lot of trust that I'll come back unscathed.

Also, I need a dremel. How can I convince them to let me buy one, when I've heard horror stories about the disks almost exploding....

I also already have a nice space set up, as long as I can lug out a box or two. It's in a cedar closet that's almost unused, but getting an outlet there will be hard, and it's only about 6ft x 6ft.

#208191 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 12:02 PM in General Nerf

Didn't know about them :P Sorry, I don't go to hardware stores that horribly much.

#208189 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 11:55 AM in General Nerf

Ok, now, I thought about it and I think that this is in the right forum. This could go in Modifications as it's about modification materials, but isn't a real mod. I'll just put it here :P

Well, a topic about paper speedloaders began to get off-topic when I started talking about not having access to modding materials. I'm 13 right now, so I can't really hop in a car and drive down to Ace's and grab what I need. I'm under control from my parents. Does anyone have a clue on how I should bring up going to Lowes or whatevers to buy some modding materials? I mean, my dad would be pissed if he had to lug home several 15' pieces of CPVC or whatever home.... How should I go about asking them to go buy some piping, adhesives, FBR, couplers, etc?

#208187 Big Blast Questions

Posted by ilzot on 31 January 2009 - 11:48 AM in Modifications

I think it's an assembly problem. If you open up your big blast, on the internals, there's a nail like piece that the trigger attatches onto at the base of the barrel. Check that and make sure that there's nothing on it. Check the trigger spring too.

I did not plug the two side holes on the pump, but I did plug the one on the very end. What I did to make a dart that worked very well and was airtight was almost like a CDT. I flipped the Micro's suction head inside out, and pulled it out. On it was a small rubber peg that I cut off and stuck back into the 'dead dart.' I wrapped the end with the peg in it with several layers of E-Tape (I wrapped it until it was airtight.) and then put some superglue on the end to keep the peg in and to harden the tip. Those darts reached ranges similar to a coupler-modded BBBB.

#208029 Lsfg Ar Removal

Posted by ilzot on 30 January 2009 - 10:04 PM in Modifications

I currently have a completely unopened Longshot with a frontgun. Probably not gonna mod the actual LS for some time until I get better.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard is this mod? Ranges? I've modded these guns successivly - Nightfinder, Tek 6 x2 (one AR removal, one singled) BBBB (simple mod, hacksawed off orange piece and hole on end of barrel.) Recon (4 mods: Spring addition, AR removal, wire on tube mod, trigger traveling distance reduction mod [dunno how else to put it]) Lazer Tek (AR removal) and several Crossfires. I broke when modding a FireFly and Maverick.

#208026 The Internals Of The Bbbr

Posted by ilzot on 30 January 2009 - 09:56 PM in General Nerf

Off topic from this, but you know what this gun looks like?

A Spartan Laser from Halo 3 :P

That would be mega cool if someone could find a way to make it shine a light from a low red, and get brighter, and then cut off and shoot a 1" dart out of it. Basically, a mongo Titan integration with a red light that gets brighter and brighter. It turns off instantly and a dart fires. Would be amazing.

Looks like it gots some potential :D Integrations would be fun.

#208016 Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod

Posted by ilzot on 30 January 2009 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

very nice mod _
| |
_ | |_
|__| |_
|__| __ :P
|__|--'

What the hell?

Oh. Supposed to be a thumbs up. Can see it when posting in reply. Realllllly didn't come out...

But on topic, I like it, but the turret is just so godly that I don't think it's worth taking it off and losing several feet of range. It's cool to have you start a brand-new mod, and I give you kudos for that. But still, why not just mod a PAS?

Regardless, it is cool lookin' though.

#208013 Pioneering Speed Loaders

Posted by ilzot on 30 January 2009 - 09:24 PM in Modifications

Nice puppypix.

Wayyyy to heavy, as said above. Sometimes when warring with my neighborhood friends, my clips will occaisonally fall out. With this, the weight will rip the clip right on out. Not so great of an idea.

I recently saw a YouTube video of someone who CLEANLY put together 4 longshot clips together in a '+' shape. I thought that was pretty cool.

#208011 Paper Speedloaders

Posted by ilzot on 30 January 2009 - 09:20 PM in Modifications

I like it a lot. I might try it soon.

A lot of people, like me, don't have easy access to CPVC or PVC or Brass or PETG. I realllllly don't know how to phrase it to my parents. I'm only 13. What do I go say to them? "Hey Mom! Can we go to Lowes? I need some CPVC pipe!" She'd be like. O.o.... Same with my dad. And ordering it offline is really not an option, as she has a hard enough time trusting Amazon or eBay (actually, she doesn't at all trust eBay; just Amazon. And she's even still a little 'if-ey' about that even..) let alone a seller like OMC.

Thats why your seeing more mods using stuff like Crayolas, Sharpies, paper, RoseArts, etc. I made a Recon mod with a glue stick :P

If anyone has a clue how I could ask them to go buy some materials, drop me a PM or post. It'd actually help alot.

Back to topic again, as I said at the above, it's cool. I've been trying to improvise one with a bunch of materials, but this looks to be a winner.

#205775 Double Nf Writeup

Posted by ilzot on 23 January 2009 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

Correct, but I haven't seen many write-ups for this particular mod. Most have just been a picture of 'Look What I Did!'

Very, very nice job. I would think epoxy and epoxy putty to join the two guns instead of hotglue, but otherwise, nice job :D

#205537 Bbbb Problem

Posted by ilzot on 22 January 2009 - 10:10 PM in General Nerf

ROFL. Didn't even notice my now-quoted phrase XD

#205432 Bbbb Problem

Posted by ilzot on 22 January 2009 - 06:38 PM in General Nerf

Happened to me... I bought it and had to pump it quite a bit to even get my first shot off. I twisted the pump a bit and smacked it a few times and wiggled the barrel etc. It worked after 10-15 minutes of working on it. I would have returned it, but I bought it at $5 and Below, and they have a no-return policy.... so I was stuck with it.

#204507 Recon 3k Gets 70ft

Posted by ilzot on 18 January 2009 - 05:44 PM in Modifications

Wow. Rocket is as big as gun minus pump. XD And Recon, yes, isn't technically. But it is really cool. Recons do have potential after modding, but are suck cannons out of the box.

#204505 Recon Spring Addition With Removable Stock

Posted by ilzot on 18 January 2009 - 05:41 PM in Modifications

If I didn't tape a quarter to the back for more uniformity, than the midsection of the stock could have been left in. I just thought it looked odd to have a hole in the back. Also today, I rested the stock against my shoulder and cocked back as hard as I could and continued to pull back even after it was primed, and the stock didn't bend or anything. You'd have to sit on the stock for it to break, and even then, you'd have to be fat.

#203961 Ar Removal...

Posted by ilzot on 16 January 2009 - 09:53 PM in Modifications

Yea. I went past the raised edges me thinks. Idk. I was a nub then.

#203955 Ar Removal...

Posted by ilzot on 16 January 2009 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

I am warning you: Do NOT remove the small piece that the peg rested on, like in the NiteFinder mod. The AR a.k.a the three pronged piece, is removable, along with the peg. Just remove the peg, spring, and air restrictor. I did remove the piece the peg was on on my second mod, and was excited to see my new Maverick that reached 50 ft, but only 3 barrels worked (if you want to call it worked; the dart would pop out and go 5 feet....) You can try it. I might have done something wrong, but I don't think so. Highly not recommended to remove the small piece attached to the peg.

#203853 Recon Spring Addition With Removable Stock

Posted by ilzot on 16 January 2009 - 04:41 PM in Modifications

Mmk, I get what you're saying. They look very thin, but even if I cock it back and even harder, it won't even buckle. It might just be my stock, but it's pretty strong. Also, it's surprisingly easy to cock.

#203628 Recon Spring Addition With Removable Stock

Posted by ilzot on 15 January 2009 - 06:00 PM in Modifications

Wait. What? The stock is in no way attatched to the plunger tube. It goes directly to the gun. Also, it's very strong plastic. We were talking about bending if, say, you fell and landed on it. The stock doesn't move as it in no way, shape, or form takes any push from the gun. Besides right at the bottom of the plunger tube casing, the stock doesn't even touch any part of the gun.

#203615 How To Paint Your Blasters

Posted by ilzot on 15 January 2009 - 05:30 PM in Modifications

Wow. Just wow. Great tutorial. I'll have to go buy all of this stuff myself.

Paint job is great, just as a whole, awesome!

#203595 I Have A Recon Dream...

Posted by ilzot on 15 January 2009 - 04:57 PM in Modifications

Recons can definitely break 35ft. Mine breaks about 60 with like 4 mods in it.

#203591 Halo Ma5c Assault Rifle Nerf Gun

Posted by ilzot on 15 January 2009 - 04:54 PM in Modifications

Wo....ooah... That is sick!

The only suggestion I'd have would be to stick a piece of PVC or CPVC in where the current barrel is. Than it'd be perfect.

#203588 Gun Range Question

Posted by ilzot on 15 January 2009 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

I have a BBBB with no plugged pump. It reaches past 100ft. From what I'm aware, they're legal at wars. It also only costs $5 if you do a bit of searching. With PVC - barreling it, it'd cost as a final under $7. I just sawed off the tip and use CTD's with a lot of tape on the end and it works great.

But yea, your best bet is to go with AT#ks, they're great.

#203585 Recon Spring Addition With Removable Stock

Posted by ilzot on 15 January 2009 - 04:46 PM in Modifications

Yeap. I was trying to think of some way to go about doing this, but I'm dremel-less, wich is really the only way I could think of doing this, besides a big drill bit. It's very sturdy, also.

#203571 Recon Spring Addition With Removable Stock

Posted by ilzot on 15 January 2009 - 04:25 PM in Modifications

First post on NerfHaven. Woohoo. I guess I’ll start it off well, with a mod, of course.

In this mod, you’ll be doing a well known Recon mod: housing an extra spring. The difference between this mod and the other ones is that the stock will still be removable. It’s a simple mod that will never even allow your internals (besides the plunger tube) to see the light of day, and the materials used to make it are found in almost every house.

Inspiration for this came when I was gluing something down in school, and thought about Nerf Guns, and Crayola barrels came to mind. I though, “Hmmm. What would be a good mod for my new Recon?” I looked at my glue stick and scribbled down a plan. I got home that day, did it in 10-15 minutes, and loved my Recon.

Ok, for this mod you’ll need:

A Phillips head screwdriver

A FAT Elmer’s glue stick

A hacksaw

A miter box (optional for straight cuts)

Electrical tape or maybe duct tape

A smaller spring of your choice (can’t use one much longer than 2.8 – 3 inches)

A quarter

A second/third generation Nerf Recon (? don’t if I have second or third. Well. Just one with the full length black cover on the plunger tube, with just a small slit on the end that’ll appear orange if the gun is primed.)

1. First, before you even do this mod, I recommend doing the following mods, as
they’re all great and will add to the overall performance of your Recon.

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10436
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10444
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10498

I recommend also stretching your Recon spring.

2. Ok, so, you’re done all those mods. First things first, unscrew your black plunger cover off of your gun. Put it in your miter box. Saw off the VERY end of it (the end facing the stock with the small n-shaped slit in it.) Don’t saw off more than 2/16 of an inch.

3. Next, grab your Elmer’s glue stick. Take off the cap and twist the bottom counter-clockwise until you can pull out the actual stick of glue.

4. Take your glue stick and saw off at the red lines:

Posted Image

5. Punch out the corkscrew, however you can. I used a hammer and a screwdriver:

Posted Image

6. Next, take your two pieces so far (sawed cover and glue stick) and sand them as even as possible. Using your tape, wrap these two together tightly with several layers. And I mean a lot of layers, as in around 9. I used an electrical-type tape, but had some coarseness to it. Watch out, if you don’t wrap it enough, it can actually blow the glue stick piece right off of the cover.

7. Take your quarter and place it on the end of the glue stick-piece. Wrap that with tape to close it off. You should now have a thick, longer plunger tube cover. Make sure your stock is off, and pop a spring in your new cover. Screw it back onto your gun

8. You’re almost done. Using this diagram, unscrew these screws on your Recon’s stock:

Posted Image

Take off that piece.

9. Congrats! You’re done. Your stock is now removable, without getting rid of the added spring functionality! I did this mod over a normal spring add on because of its cleanliness, the no-stock functionality (as I thought that with no stock, it’s cool to have a pistol-sized Longshot…) and it basically looking the same.

[c]~Random pictures~

Posted Image
Cover in comparison to old cover

Posted Image
Finished gun with stock

Any suggestions to editing this mod is appreciated! Enjoy!