Namm's Content

There have been 61 items by Namm (Search limited from 09-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#38656 Heavy Duty Darts

Posted by Namm on 09 October 2004 - 10:18 AM in Modifications

You just taped the weight in? Thats extremely dangerous, its going to come out, tape is no where near strong enough. Oh, and "heavy duty" darts have no place in a war, but they are fun to mess around with.

#25840 Practical Barrel Legnths For Tight Barrels

Posted by Namm on 11 May 2004 - 03:19 AM in Modifications

On the site you posted, it had 17/32 (my fbr is small) aluminum tubing, would that work as well as brass? Has anyone tried it before?

#38369 Arrowstorm, Help!

Posted by Namm on 05 October 2004 - 02:58 AM in Modifications

For plunger seals, I would use a lube of somesort, and then wrap the plunger head in masking tape (lower friction than electrical tape, and its cheaper), but not in that order.

#83055 Sm3000 Pvc-cpvc Nest Mod

Posted by Namm on 10 June 2006 - 01:40 AM in Modifications

110 what now? I've had at least three of those guns, and before the pump handles failed (they always do), I could only get around 60 feet out of them. At most. Are you measuring flat distance, from shoulder height? If you were angling the shot, from your roof, then those ranges would be completely normal. Maybe I'm being over critical, it could just be an excellent mod, and you happen to angle your shots slightly. Sorry, those ranges just don't sound reasonable to me.

#38302 Arrowstorm, Help!

Posted by Namm on 04 October 2004 - 02:53 AM in Modifications

Maybe your dart fit is good, but not quite tight enough. I use CPVC for my arrow storm, it works very well, and cpvc fights my darts fairly tightly. Other than that, you might want to check the barrel seals.

#27993 Damn Memory Loss...

Posted by Namm on 08 June 2004 - 06:23 AM in General Nerf

I dont want to highjack this thread, but does anyone have a mod for the range shot? Before I started modding nerf guns, it was my favorite pistol, but I barely use it anymore. I tried to mod mine, but the way the plunger is positioned, its very hard to get any range out of the gun. The plunger is also very small compared to most nerf pistols. I first put a stronger spring into the gun, but the increased friction (or possibly it gets stuck at the end of the pluger when its fired) causes the plunger head to come of randomly. Every time this happens I have to open the gun up to fix it. I also sawed the barrel off, and used a copper coupler, some blue tack, and a chunk of cpvc to make a barrel. On occasion, when it fires, it goes no more than 30 ft. Has anyone had any sucsess with this gun?

#37277 Problem With Stefan Darts

Posted by Namm on 16 September 2004 - 03:18 AM in General Nerf

If you could be more specific it would help. You may have accidentally picked up a different brand of FBR, some brands use use different sizes than others. It could be that the specific pack you picked up happened to be a little bit thicker. Foam backer rod isnt usually made very precisely, so you get alot of variation. You might have picked up the wrong size for all we know. Add some details, and then we'll probably be able to give you a better answer. If your darts are too thick for your barrels, just stretch the FBR out a little bit, it can make a big difference.

#25424 Unnamed Eab Creation

Posted by Namm on 03 May 2004 - 04:17 AM in Modifications

Did you ever get around to doing exact range tests?

#33779 Jspb - Ninja Blow Gun

Posted by Namm on 11 August 2004 - 09:49 PM in Homemades

GeneralPrimevil, The mouthpiece looks like a coupler with masking tape on the edge. 3D, Excellent job, I like how the word ninja is painted onto the gun.

#20949 Which One

Posted by Namm on 09 March 2004 - 03:29 AM in Modifications

Everyone else seems to love the at3k, personally both of mine have sucked, horribly. I like the at2ks much more, manual does not mean slow, or even slower than automatic. The at2k also builds up a huge amount of pressure, single barreled or multi barreled my at2ks all get over 80 feet on 3 pumps. My at3ks are much worse than that , the best ive ever had one of mine do is about 65, with five pumps. It is also fairly hard to operate an at3k in each hand, at2ks are quite easy to handle this way. With dual at2ks you always have a fairly high powered shot ready. Just my experience, from what ive heard about other peoples at3ks, they're pretty good.

#27617 Differences Between Sm3ks

Posted by Namm on 03 June 2004 - 05:44 AM in General Nerf

There are two versions of the sm3k yellow. One was produced by larami (it was actually called a supermaxx 2500, but its easily mistaken for a 3k), and one was produced by hasbro. I belive the hasbro built one fires megas, not larami darts. I own an larami 2500, 2 blue (newest) sm3ks, and I used to own a green sm3k, and a hasbro produced yellow sm3k. The Larami 2500 has a larger airtank (from what I can tell), it also rotates differently than the 3ks. The 2500 actually uses a small amount of air from your first one or two pumps to move the barrels (I'm not totally sure how it works, but I know it uses air, it has no rod or mechanical parts that the pump moves, only the air pipe from the pump that goes into a smaller airtank, which is hooked to the much larger main airtank). The hasbro yellow 3k uses a rod that is moved by the pump on the first pump (its all mechanical). My larami 2500 is brassed, but I've never really mesured ranges, and recently its stopped firing, though it holds air, I think the trigger has probably just come unhooked from the firing rod.

#20947 Vortex(Poll)

Posted by Namm on 09 March 2004 - 03:17 AM in General Nerf

correct me if im wrong, but isnt the firestorm a six shot semi auto? (not a true semi auto, but you dont have to reload) Also, according to Janga its also the most powerful, that sounds pretty good to me.

#16604 Broken Larami 1000

Posted by Namm on 18 January 2004 - 12:23 AM in General Nerf

i recently bought a larami 1000, ive never worked on one before, i opened it up, to see if anything could be modded, and the rotating mechanics all flew out. I dont know how to put it together, but ive gotten close, if anyone knows how to put it together exactly right, a picture would be great. in the process the front of the trigger broke, right behind where the grey L shaped piece hooks in. The trigger, being the force behind the rotation of the chamber, being broken means that the excellent combination of power and rate of fire of this gun would be lost. If anyone has any ideas about how to fix the trigger that also would be great. I dont think epoxy would work, the trigger is extremely thin and i dont think it would hold very well. The only solution i can see is to melt a hole in both pieces and put a needle or something metal in and then epoxy over that.

#16672 Broken Larami 1000

Posted by Namm on 19 January 2004 - 04:33 AM in General Nerf

I really dont want to single it, and i dont think i can make a new trigger. I might just use some of the rotation pieces and just manually turn it. at least thats better than singling it. I dont know if mine was messed when i bought it but i didnt find any O ring, maybe im thinking of a different place in the gun. I might put in an at2k assembly just because the device provides a better seal with the barrels. Id have to try the manual turn thing first though. Again, any pictures would be great.

#46053 For Any Shaolin Soccer Fans

Posted by Namm on 13 January 2005 - 03:02 AM in Off Topic

Already seen it. Probably because I live in singapore though. I like shaolin soccer more, but thats just me, this one wasnt bad. Actually, I take it back, they were about the same.

#80589 Co2 Push Valve

Posted by Namm on 22 April 2006 - 12:33 AM in Homemades

I plan on using a regulator, I forgot to mention that. This valve would be for a homemade nerfgun, and as such, I do care about the flow. I thought about making a valve, but this would be finicky, and I was hoping there would be an easier solution, such as buying an already made valve. Because I'm using a regulator, I probably only need the valve to be good up to 200 psi, Its the temperature I'm afraid of, and the repeat use of co2 with plastics such as pvc. If anyone knows of a valve I could use, off the shelf, or something that would require minor tweaking, that would be great. I would really rather not attempt to build a valve.

#80400 Co2 Push Valve

Posted by Namm on 19 April 2006 - 09:23 PM in Homemades

I really dont know when I'll get around to it, but I do plan on making a home made nerf gun. You know..eventually. Anyways, I want to use co2, but I dont know what type of valve to use. Paintball valves (I think, I'm not 100% sure) use a hammer to hit a valve, which opens and closes, but because of the way its placed in the gun (In the bolt, or behind it...I dont actually own a paintball gun) It would be hard to take out and use for a home made. I dont need an electronicly operated valve, just something were you push a button, or part, and it opens. Even better, you push a part, and it snaps open and then closed quickly. If I could use a pvc valve I would, but co2 is very cold, and much too high a pressure for pvc. I dont want to have to do a lot of work to make the valve functional, like boltsniper did with his BASR, and the brass eagle valve. If anyone knows of a solution, or where I could cannablize a valve from, that would be great.

#33504 Tech Target Mod

Posted by Namm on 08 August 2004 - 06:22 AM in Modifications

Angled range isnt really all that important, whats the range flat? if you glue some fbr (foam backer rod) to the front of the plunger, it can often make the gun much quieter, and you dont loose range.

#33067 Stefans

Posted by Namm on 03 August 2004 - 10:38 PM in Homemades

Probably a dome, I would guess it'd be more areodynamic. I make both (mainly by accident) and it doesnt seem to matter that much, or at least not for me.

#21026 Max Shot Color Scheme

Posted by Namm on 10 March 2004 - 04:28 AM in General Nerf

I was just about to post something about that, its probably the exact same thing internally, but we can always hope. I also noticed that their mission statement claims they're not stealing ideas from nerf ("innovative"), and that tomorrow is their future, mine too, get over it, its not that exciting.

#27766 Sm5k

Posted by Namm on 05 June 2004 - 01:34 AM in General Nerf

My SM5K started leaking yesterday, and within hours it would no longer hold air. I've opened it up, and I can push the firing pin all the way forward and pump, and the air still leaks, out of the front. I think the valve is off center, it might be from over pumping but I think its from general wear and tear. Does anyone know anyway of fixing this, or is it ruined?