z80's Content

There have been 578 items by z80 (Search limited from 10-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#83396 Nhq

Posted by z80 on 18 June 2006 - 11:23 AM in Off Topic

Same thing was happening to me, fine now. Infinite if right though, this is nerf haven.

#75241 My First Draw Up Of A Homemade

Posted by z80 on 05 March 2006 - 12:45 PM in Off Topic

Go into paint, go to Image>sketch skew. Addjust it to like 200% for the top two. It will make it twice as big.

#75400 Airtech 2000 Problems

Posted by z80 on 06 March 2006 - 05:48 PM in Modifications

You gotta break the ring around the pump area.

#99942 Need Help With Sm500

Posted by z80 on 17 February 2007 - 09:42 AM in General Nerf

Today I recieved a titan and my old SM500. I'm having a little trouble with the 500 though.
Apparently an orange piece of plastic has been take out and now the pump keeps sliding out preventing me from priming it properly. Does anyone know what I could do to stop the pump from falling out?
Also I need a picture of the SM500s internals if anybody has that.

Thanks in advance,

~FN~

Next time I do maitenance on mine, I may try to get a picture. For the pump, just find a peice of pvc that slides over the shaft, but not the pump head. Glue that on, then wrap some tape around it.

#73928 Two Thumbs Up.

Posted by z80 on 22 February 2006 - 09:40 PM in Homemades

That kinda made me cry. *Crys* I like the fact that Nerf is assesible to everyone, young, old, poor, rich, rural, urban, anyone. Its really a great sport.

#83921 Badly Need A Pic

Posted by z80 on 28 June 2006 - 09:40 AM in Modifications

Sorry if I'm kinda hijacking the thread a little, but I also need a pic. Does anyone have a pic of the assembled maverick turret mechanism. Mine got all disorganized after I took it apart.

#83006 Godspell

Posted by z80 on 08 June 2006 - 09:07 PM in Off Topic

OK, here's the scoop:

I'm involved with a high school drama group of about 52 kids that is taking a Tour throughout the Midwest & East Coast. We're performing "Godspell". For those of you unfamiliar with it, it's a play from the '60s about the Gospel according to Matthew, with the classic '60s hippie twist. Our production lasts a total of about 1 hr 45 min. At times, it's a very comedic play, and at others, very dramatic. Below are the locations of our performances. If we're around your area, come and see it. PM me if you are interested and would like further info as to what church, and what time the performance begins.

Friday, June 16th - Park Ridge, IL

Sunday, June 18th - Meriden, CT

Monday, June 19th - Bronx, NYC, NY

Wednesday, June 21st - Bowie, MD

I highly encourage seeing it. You don't have to be religious to enjoy it either. I've had several non-religious friends show up, and they had a great time. It'll be free of charge, but there will be a free-will offering to support our cause. Anywho, let me know via PM if you're interested and I'll get you more details.

~Rings

Where in the bronx, I live right outside the city, and my mom is interested.

#85063 Secret Shot Spring Replacement?

Posted by z80 on 14 July 2006 - 10:40 PM in Modifications

I figured out how to remove the spring, but the new one doesn't fit in the plunger casing.

#85045 Secret Shot Spring Replacement?

Posted by z80 on 14 July 2006 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

I recently aquired an secret shot from my friend in exchange for a BBB clip mod. I'm in the process of modding it with three crayola barrels (cpvc is too tight and I cant get brass in the right size.) I also want to do a spring replacement, but i cant freaking get the plunger off. Can anyone help? (and yes I searched, I couldn't find anything.)
EDIT: nevermind, I figured it out, but it doesn't fit! :w00t: i finished modding it, works alright, I'm going to work on the seals.

#85107 Secret Shot Spring Replacement?

Posted by z80 on 15 July 2006 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

Then find a new new spring that does fit. Theres not much you can do to the plunger tube to make it fit a larger spring.

Sincereley,
Pat

I know that, I'm probably going to just add some bands or bungies, and hope for the best.

#74205 Homemade Arrows?

Posted by z80 on 24 February 2006 - 10:28 PM in Homemades

My friend will love this, thank you. Just a question, would this also work on an LBB, cause they are very similar sizes.

#79558 Titan Air Tank

Posted by z80 on 11 April 2006 - 08:27 AM in General Nerf

The titan's airtank is very large making the gun extremely powerful and banned from wars. I like my titan and if I ever will be able to go to a war I would want to use it. So I'm working on a semi auto titan that has a clip and all that good stuff. I should get about 6-9 shots in with ranges of at2k's on one airtank fill.

I'll just tell you that its not as easy as you think. Just look at the semi auto nerf guns. They require a bladder and complicated valves. I suggest just using an AT3k.

#96612 Rapid Fire 8?

Posted by z80 on 15 December 2006 - 03:38 PM in General Nerf

My local store has em. Horrible range. Don't even bother. There is basically a version of two of those but together. It has much better ROF, so it is somewhat decent.

#83180 Eab Help

Posted by z80 on 12 June 2006 - 09:17 PM in Modifications

Actually they are quite good, they have a fairly large plunger. My friend has one, but its really screwed up.

#75496 Help Please

Posted by z80 on 07 March 2006 - 05:13 PM in Modifications

I modded my friend's and we left it out. He actually likes it better cause the moving mechanism looks cool.

#105437 War In New York?

Posted by z80 on 14 May 2007 - 02:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok cool. When it rolls around again, could you send the information my way?

Also, down south in westchester we may be holding a war, we are working on locations and logistics currently.

#75217 Dtb

Posted by z80 on 05 March 2006 - 01:00 AM in Modifications

I glued a cap end in place of the gray peice in the back, so i can attach a stock if I want to.

#92198 Nerf: Source

Posted by z80 on 18 October 2006 - 08:01 PM in Off Topic

I used to Nerf in the snow all the time, a few years ago my clan held an annual war on Groundhog's day, and the snow went up to our knees in some parts of the park. Good times!

So basically, winter is not an excuse....merely a deterrant.

Hells yeah! One of our first games was in the middle of a blizzard, and we consider it one of our best. Personally, I love nerfing in the winter, less civilians, I can wear my gas mask (it gets freaking hot in there) and a big jacket, so I can carry more guns. It also hightens the suspence.

#77049 Ammo Clip

Posted by z80 on 20 March 2006 - 08:56 PM in Homemades

I think its supposed to be an ammo holder.
Its kinda stupid and basic, but it works.

#89081 Threading

Posted by z80 on 05 September 2006 - 07:47 AM in General Nerf

I did it on my pneumatic homemade, to change valves. Thats about it.

#155123 Wtfno:judgement Day

Posted by z80 on 07 May 2008 - 09:28 PM in Nerf Wars

So I just took a look at the 2008 summer nerf schedule, and there are something like two nerf wars that aren't in the **NO format or have a name that suggests the final judgment. You all realize you're ripping off a fat guy in a purple sweat-band, right? I know most of you know what the major nerf wars are, but it's got to be confusing the new guys. Can't we just put the thread titles in 'Metro Area, State Abbreviation Nerf War' format, and save the acronyms and the apocalyptic marketing for the thread?

Or you can put it in the secondary title...
I mean, its really not that much of a problem.

#156890 Sm500 & Sm3k

Posted by z80 on 25 May 2008 - 01:00 PM in Modifications

Or the valve. The valve on the sm500 is sometimes kinda weird.

#85806 Quick ?

Posted by z80 on 26 July 2006 - 07:56 PM in General Nerf

Ill use a maglight when its dark, but I don't need it during the summer.

#76437 Dart Tag Tagger Mods?

Posted by z80 on 15 March 2006 - 09:45 PM in Modifications

Another cool mod is to just chop off the front handle to greatly decrease the size and weight of the gun.

#118865 Any Nerf Wars In Pa?

Posted by z80 on 08 August 2007 - 06:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm guessing not since there aren't any topics about any and because PA is one of the shittiest areas in the country for Nerfing.

How is pennsylvania one of the shittiest areas for nerfering? What are you basing this on?

#82416 Memorial Day

Posted by z80 on 27 May 2006 - 10:57 PM in Off Topic

Way aead of you, this weekend I went to the west point graduation with my friend and his family. (His dad was a corporal and had graduated from WP.) The museum was awesome too, they had mp40's, Thompsons, bazookas, colts, lugers, etc. They even had a renault tank. It was so awesome.

#127805 New Nerfer. Hey Everyone

Posted by z80 on 28 October 2007 - 12:48 PM in Off Topic

Wow, a Manta Ray and a Crossbow. Two rare guns. Apoc or Armegedon(?), I'm not sure which, but one of them is a war in Cali. Oh, and I bought my first gun modded. No big deal, everyone starts somewhere.
And welcome to Nerfhaven!

Armageddon, Apoc is in NJ

#107635 Nerfers Near Me

Posted by z80 on 26 May 2007 - 08:48 AM in General Nerf

I have it on good authority that there is a significant nerfer presence at RIT.

Seconded.

#77356 Unkown's Breech Barrel

Posted by z80 on 23 March 2006 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

I meant just the breech, I don't think hen has any gun attached to it or anything. My friends have pulled off NF's before at school though.

#77353 Unkown's Breech Barrel

Posted by z80 on 23 March 2006 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

Matchstick stephans (I'm his clan mate, I know)
Bring it to school, I can try to show you what's wrong.

#87131 Friend Codes?

Posted by z80 on 11 August 2006 - 09:52 AM in Off Topic

My ds miraculously (sp) fixed itself a week ago, I don't remember my friend codes though, I'll edit this post when I do (btw, I have AC, MK and tetris, but I can't find it :( )

#93127 Secret 2k

Posted by z80 on 27 October 2006 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the support, Last Man Alive and Nerf Monkey.

Wow. You take a working gun, and destroy it to make a shitty case for another one. Seriously, this is just akward, bad looking and pointless. What is wrong with the AT2k case? Seriously.

The thing is, my secret shot actually broke and I wanted to use it for something. I've always felt that the Secret Shot was a comfortable gun and the concept of a high powered pistol seemed cool to me. I also thought that it would be kinda cool to have the liquitron coming out the barrel selector slot. It doesn't seem *completely* useless to me. Once I get a trigger working it should be better.

I apologize. I'm new to the nerf thing, ya know :D

I'm sorry for being so discuraging, I just love the SS1 so much. Also, would you be willing to sell me the plunger casing and the triangular barrel peice? The akward comment was regarding the no trigger part. If you get the trigger working, and make it look a little cleaner (maybe pump built into handle or on the bottom of the barrel) I'll like it a lot better.

#93055 Secret 2k

Posted by z80 on 26 October 2006 - 08:05 PM in Modifications

Yes, I know. I could've triple barreled it.

My modified secret shot wasn't getting good ranges, so I decided to integrate an at2k. Because of my crap ranges, rather than drilling a hole in the trigger for the valve and attaching the rest of the internals to the secret shot, I decided to scrap the secret shot's internals and put the at2k in the case. I had to hack down the shell, but once I did, it was a very snug fit. Its name is Akbar.

Posted Image

There is no trigger. I first used the Secret Shot's trigger, but it was flimsy and fell apart. Now I just reach inside the barrel selector to pull the valve.

I'm happy with the way it turned out. It reaches ranges of 90 feet. Questions/Comments?

Wow. You take a working gun, and destroy it to make a shitty case for another one. Seriously, this is just akward, bad looking and pointless. What is wrong with the AT2k case? Seriously.

#171183 Buying From Wal-mart.com

Posted by z80 on 21 August 2008 - 06:31 AM in General Nerf

My friend had a bad experience with walmart. He got a double magstrike and double nightfinder pack. For 60 (or something) it was a pretty good deal. Then they didnt send him the nightfinders... His mom called, and they acted like the nightfinders just weren't part of it. They got part of their money back, but with the increased shipping, it made them just as expensive as two magstrike.

#89085 Help With At2k Guage Removel

Posted by z80 on 05 September 2006 - 08:39 AM in Modifications

How is it pointless? It enables you to integrate where you normally couldn't fit it if you kept the gauge on.

Oh, ok, I thought he just wanted to do it to an AT2k, with the case.

#89082 Help With At2k Guage Removel

Posted by z80 on 05 September 2006 - 07:49 AM in Modifications

I would say its kinda pointless, though I did it to a broken at2k. You basically make a big enough hole in the valve, then glue in the vinyl tubing. Pretty simple.

#96552 Winter Nerfing Ideas

Posted by z80 on 14 December 2006 - 08:38 PM in General Nerf

I'm in Canada and we get winter for like 4-5 maybe 6 months a year. What are some good places to nerf in? I was thinking maybe a high school gym (both of my parents are teachers) and my uncle is a millionaire, so price is no object and I can go where I want. Any ideas?

If you can get access to them, churches and other community center type places are good.

#75699 Interchangible Barrels

Posted by z80 on 09 March 2006 - 09:06 PM in Homemades

If you nest a crayola barrel in the PVC it'll shoot micros, just the PVC will shoot mega stefans and for the arrow just glue or an arrow barrel to a peice of PVC.

#160613 Cpvc On An Lbb

Posted by z80 on 27 June 2008 - 08:48 AM in General Nerf

Ivan -- Just because he bought half inch FBR doesn't mean 1/2" CPVC will be his barrel. Different companies measure differently. Easy proof? Compare 1/2" PVC and 1/2" CPVC. Relevant proof? Well, he may not have the correct fit.

Back on topic.

Here's what you do:
1) Put the ruler down.
2) Take a couple darts to your hardware store.
3) See what fits.
4) Buy it.
Voila.

1/2 PVC and CPVC are meant to be different. CPVC is trully 1/2inch inside, PVC has the same OD as 1/2 inch steel pipe but different ID (hence the 5/8')

#180244 New Jersey

Posted by z80 on 28 September 2008 - 06:12 PM in Off Topic

How about you go to NYC and get the train or hitch a ride with someone on the haven down to apoc? NYC is full of things to do, a little bit for everyone. I would really recommend going, there's tons to do.