Photo

Nerf: Source

7 replies to this topic

#1 mavninja

mavninja

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:00 AM

So my friend and I have come up with an idea that, while still in the Pre-Pre Alpha stages, could turn out to be very fun. We're thinking about making a Nerf game based of the HL2 engine. We have a bunch of ideas that, while we still have no idea how to incorporate into a mod, would be awesome for First or Third-Person Shooter. Any ideas or if anyone has tried this before tell me, cause as the most mature of the Nerf forums I subscribe to, I consider you all to be the best source of ideas.

#2 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

I don't understand why anyone would want to live out a Nerf fantasy when it can be done anytime, anywhere, in any environment. Unlike other sims, where most of us don't fly planes, or drive tanks, or shoot silenced MP-5s, or kill space aliens, Nerf is a reality that needs no artificial world, in my opinion.

But if you choose to pursue, Here's an ancient thread discussing possibilities of a Nerf first-person shooter.

Also, some musing about a Nerf game on Nintendo Wii.

And finally, eBay usually has lots of copies of Nerf Arena Blast. Again, see my first comment. I guess I'm too old to sit in front of a computer all day when I could be out doing other things with my kids, like Nerfing.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:21 PM

Posts like that are why I love you Piney. Intelligent, sincere, and well written. I agree totally.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#4 mavninja

mavninja

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:09 PM

I agree very much so, except for one key factor, and this may effect only my friends and I.

Winter.

I live in the Midwest and sadly, most of my year is too cold to play nerf outside. Also I thought this might be a fun project to hone my programming and modelling skills and such.

And plus, I am not fortunate enough to have a family of my own to shape into Nerf-lets, so I probably have much more free time than you.

Thanks for the links, point taken.

#5 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:38 PM

I used to Nerf in the snow all the time, a few years ago my clan held an annual war on Groundhog's day, and the snow went up to our knees in some parts of the park. Good times!

So basically, winter is not an excuse....merely a deterrant.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#6 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:53 PM

Can't you just nerf indoors?

#7 mavninja

mavninja

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:14 AM

I would nerf inside but the problem is finding a place to play. The last time we played at my house my parents got rather miffed, to say the least. Seeing as I dont have my liscense yet we can' t really go out and find a new place either. I guess the real reason I wanted to do this is to advance my programming ability. And while nerfing in the snow sounds hella fun, I don't know how keen my friends will be on it.

#8 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:01 PM

I used to Nerf in the snow all the time, a few years ago my clan held an annual war on Groundhog's day, and the snow went up to our knees in some parts of the park. Good times!

So basically, winter is not an excuse....merely a deterrant.

Hells yeah! One of our first games was in the middle of a blizzard, and we consider it one of our best. Personally, I love nerfing in the winter, less civilians, I can wear my gas mask (it gets freaking hot in there) and a big jacket, so I can carry more guns. It also hightens the suspence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users