Cpvc On An Lbb

cpvc on lbb

9 replies to this topic

#1 homemadesrock

homemadesrock

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:12 PM

Will cpvc work on an lbb with stefans? Mine are about 1/2 a milimeter smaller than a stock streamline.
Sorry i"ve just never used it before.

edit: thanks for all the help . Used cpvc with a coupler < work great

Edited by homemadesrock, 27 June 2008 - 09:02 PM.

#2 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:16 PM

If the barrel fits the ammo, then I don't see the problem. The gun really doesn't matter, you just gotta find the right barrel length and you'll be fine.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#3 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:17 PM

Half a millimeter?

Are you serious?

Just measure the opening of the CPVC. I'm going to assume you used half inch CPVC, you should have bought half inch FBR, so yes, they'll work fine, since it sounds like your FBR is indeed a half inch.

And please, read the CoC and fix your grammar and capitalization.

Edited by CrazyIvan VI, 26 June 2008 - 09:17 PM.

I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#4 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

Well the only cpvc I can find is way to tight on streamline darts, so tight that they bend and tear when I try to put them down the barrel. So I guess (assuming you are using the same cpvc as I) if your stefans are smaller than the streamlines it should fit. If your cpvc is different than mine I can't help you.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#5 homemadesrock

homemadesrock

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:33 PM

Half a millimeter?

Are you serious?

Just measure the opening of the CPVC. I'm going to assume you used half inch CPVC, you should have bought half inch FBR, so yes, they'll work fine, since it sounds like your FBR is indeed a half inch.

Sorry remeasured. Its .7 millimeters.

Edited by homemadesrock, 26 June 2008 - 09:34 PM.

#6 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:59 PM

Half a millimeter?

Are you serious?

Sorry remeasured. Its .7 millimeters.

*facepalm*
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#7 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:25 PM

Ivan -- Just because he bought half inch FBR doesn't mean 1/2" CPVC will be his barrel. Different companies measure differently. Easy proof? Compare 1/2" PVC and 1/2" CPVC. Relevant proof? Well, he may not have the correct fit.

Back on topic.

Here's what you do:
1) Put the ruler down.
2) Take a couple darts to your hardware store.
3) See what fits.
4) Buy it.
Voila.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#8 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:29 AM

I was more or less remarking on the fact that he feels that a half a millimeter or .7 millimeters will cause a horrible decrease in performance.

#9 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:48 AM

Ivan -- Just because he bought half inch FBR doesn't mean 1/2" CPVC will be his barrel. Different companies measure differently. Easy proof? Compare 1/2" PVC and 1/2" CPVC. Relevant proof? Well, he may not have the correct fit.

Back on topic.

Here's what you do:
1) Put the ruler down.
2) Take a couple darts to your hardware store.
3) See what fits.
4) Buy it.
Voila.

1/2 PVC and CPVC are meant to be different. CPVC is trully 1/2inch inside, PVC has the same OD as 1/2 inch steel pipe but different ID (hence the 5/8')

#10 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:07 AM

I was more or less remarking on the fact that he feels that a half a millimeter or .7 millimeters will cause a horrible decrease in performance.

When it comes to barrel performance, small numbers make a big difference. For example:

.3 mm = .012 inches.

For my barrels, 17/32" brass is quite tight, but works well. 9/16" brass is pretty much unusable. That is a difference of .03".

I'm now testing out medium wall PETG, instead of 17/32" brass. The medium wall is .548" ID. 17/32 brass is .53125", for a difference of .017". Just using it, I can tell a difference in dart fit, and I've found very different barrel sizes are effective using it. .3mm would definitely change barrel performance.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users