Magic's Content

There have been 377 items by Magic (Search limited from 09-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#173599 Ammo Holder On A Barrel?

Posted by Magic on 30 August 2008 - 05:46 AM in Modifications

I did it too. But I put them back about an inch or so, and on both ends. I would fire, then load a dart in the front of the barrel, then flip it around in the coupler. It works pretty decently, since in my current project speed loaders aren't an option right now.

Edit: A quick commentary: Is your name supposed to be Fire? Or was Fier intentional?

My name was supposed to be Fier intentionally because my last name is Fierstein. It's sort of a play on words. :P

#173558 Ammo Holder On A Barrel?

Posted by Magic on 29 August 2008 - 10:58 PM in Modifications

Not at all actually. The hot glue was enough to hold it on and I just added some E-tape for extra help.

#173563 Ammo Holder On A Barrel?

Posted by Magic on 29 August 2008 - 11:02 PM in Modifications

Thank yuh. :P

#222546 Unique Brass Breeching System

Posted by Magic on 08 April 2009 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

Nice job. Very unique. Keep up the good work.

- Magic

#183231 Quality Tools?

Posted by Magic on 12 October 2008 - 12:08 PM in General Nerf

In my personal opinion they both look very nice.

Dude he's not talking about looks, he's talking about if they work correctly.. Give a good suggestion instead of a shitty comment about being pretty. On topic - I mostly use black and decker but like Carbon said, offbrand is fine for small projects. As for hand tools I use husky.

#214180 Double Barrel

Posted by Magic on 22 February 2009 - 02:28 PM in Modifications

Okay, so I was digging around in my junk drawer, and I found this piece from a broken Magstrike.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I decided to see if it would fit in a coupler, and the only coupler I had on hand was in my SNAPbow.
Posted Image
Posted Image
There is a black rubber-like foam piece on the head of the Magstrike piece, you're going to want to get a razor, and pry-cut it off. The following picture is what it should look like after the step stated above.
Posted Image
You're then going to want to cut your size brass. This is the second time i've done it, the first was a failure, but I did find out that when use McMaster foam, with a SNAPbow, you should be using 9/16th brass. I wouldn't try using PETG, because the brass is the only thing thin enough to get air from each output in each specific barrel. After cutting the brass, glue it on, and this is what it should look like.
Posted Image
Here it is again, on the SNAPbow.
Posted Image

In my opinion this is totally worth doing. The SNAPbow with a 10 inch CPVC barrel nested in PVC, hits 120-130FT. With this double brass barrel, the first shot was with both barrels a little above 70FT. Ramrodded, I hit around 80.

Questions? Comments?

#214193 Double Barrel

Posted by Magic on 22 February 2009 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

Yeah, it was more of an experiment gone good. I've been wanting to try it for a while, but never had enough boredom until now.

#214253 Double Barrel

Posted by Magic on 22 February 2009 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

Nice mod, although I hate ramrodding with a passion.

I'm wondering if there would be enough space there to slip 19/32 over the 9/16. If so, you might be able to breech both those barrels.

Yes, you can. 17/32nd slides right in. Just make sure when cutting, if using pipe cutters, do it slowly, and slowly turn the knob tightening the wheel. If you don't it will bend the end of the barrel in, causing a tightening ring, which will prevent you from breeching it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I only uses 9/16 because it fits McMaster foam the best. You can use whatever size brass you want, and even thin-walled PETG if you are careful enough.

DOUBLE EDIT: Imperious, diamondback was correct, it's a 1/2in PVC coupler.

#214564 Double Barrel

Posted by Magic on 23 February 2009 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

I nested CPVC in PVC with time, effort, and alot of sanding/shaving down. You can probably just buy thin-wall PVC and the CPVC would most likely fit right in that.

#213435 Deodorant Turret

Posted by Magic on 19 February 2009 - 12:42 AM in Homemades

At first this made me LOL, until I took a look at it. Awesome idea, and good job.

#176070 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

Its kinda common sense though. But props to you on making the write up.

It may be common sence on what to do but it's quite confusing if you're new to nerfhaven or this is one of your first mods. My friend thought it was challenging. ( He just joined. )

I know how that feels. Really though, This was a decent write up. There was one that was complicated. So this one is easy to understand. So good job. I was like that when I first joined.

EDIT: And nice paint job on the NF.

Awww man, this took me like 15 minutes and you just totally ruined my pride. :(
Edit - Cheeseburgers rule! :D

#175970 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

Its kinda common sense though. But props to you on making the write up.

It may be common sence on what to do but it's quite confusing if you're new to nerfhaven or this is one of your first mods. My friend thought it was challenging. ( He just joined. )

#176082 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

Sorry for the double post but had to say it, tomorrow there will be a better write-up in this ones place. Getting new NF and SSPB. :D

#176094 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 11:00 PM in Modifications

Well let's not do this in this topic. PM me pictures of what it looks like.

#175916 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 02:08 PM in Modifications

Basic pictures? It has complete internal pics here.

That wasn't the mod I was referring to, I was referring to Starbuck's mod. Plus Grooves doesn't show where to dremel. :P

#176090 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

tomorrow there will be a better write-up in this ones place.

One piece of advice, Your face does not need to be in every photo.

Yes, that is one mistake I made in many of my posts. Actually when I originally started posting I wore a clown mask to hide my face. ( Inspired by you ). :D

#175972 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

Thanks, and about cleaning lady's stealing. Funny story, my friend Kevin had a baby sitter / cleaning lady clean the house for 3 years and one day he came and his SIM card wasn't in his phone. A few weeks later there was over $2000.00 ran up on it, imagine that. ;)

#175901 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 11:23 AM in Modifications

That's a slick integration, I like how the trigger for the SSPB fits so nicely into the NF.

The paintjob on the NF is pretty sweet as well.

Thanks, the paintjob was inspired by baghead's big salvo. :P

#175896 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 11:15 AM in Modifications

Well I did this mod yesterday and I had to do it on my own, and wasn't exactly sure what to do. I looked in Forsaken's modification directory and there was no write-up on it, just some basic pictures. So here it is.

Items needed - Nitefinder, SSPB, and Dremel, I didn't use any hot glue but you can if you want.

Okay so here's the nitefinder.
Posted Image
Now for this integration mod the SSPB needs to be out of it's shell. I don't have a picture of a stock one so I got one from google. Posted Image
Open it up and the internals are just one piece. Posted Image
Mine may look a bit different then yours, because I got mine off eBay and the detonator button was missing. I also did a barrel replacement. As some advice i'd use PETG on it, CPVC is way too tight, so i'm going to redo the barrel. Now open up your nitefinder, and dremel out the screws in the way of the SSPB, also dremel off the bottom. Sorry I can't outline it because my mac doesn't have MS paint.
Posted Image
Other side.
Posted Image
Now dremel off the front end of the NF to look like this.
Posted Image
Now try to fit the blaster in as well as you can, and there you go. Some shots of what it should look like.
Posted Image
Posted Image
And one last picture of the final product.
Posted Image

Hope it was easy to read and follow.

Questions? Comments? Flames?

#158059 Brass, Cpvc, Or Petg?

Posted by Magic on 04 June 2008 - 08:53 PM in Modifications

Well, I mainly use converted stefans or taggers.

#158072 Brass, Cpvc, Or Petg?

Posted by Magic on 04 June 2008 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

Well, I actually happen to have a dt3 arrow shooter, and I never use it. But what else would I have to do, just put it in?

#158056 Brass, Cpvc, Or Petg?

Posted by Magic on 04 June 2008 - 08:42 PM in Modifications

I recently got my hands on a crossbow, and i'm not sure which to use for a barrel. Brass, CPVC, or PETG? If anyone thinks they know what's better to use please post. Thanks!

#158061 Brass, Cpvc, Or Petg?

Posted by Magic on 04 June 2008 - 08:57 PM in Modifications

Okay, thats what i've been using. Just wanted to know if there was any better barrel. Also i'm trying to figure out how to make the spring better. I mean there has to be more then just the barrel.

#220301 Quick And Dirty Mod.

Posted by Magic on 28 March 2009 - 02:20 PM in Modifications

I did the same thing a few months ago in this thread. Mine was getting about 10 feet less, but I also had a few inches of PETG on mine with loose darts.

#176531 Which Gun To Use For Hell Before Halloween?

Posted by Magic on 10 September 2008 - 09:45 PM in Modifications

When you get there just ask around for me, I will be bringing guns for others to use, like nitefinders with SSPBs, a few primaries, and a few other secondaries.

#177455 Thinking About Starting A Regular Nerf Youtube Vlog

Posted by Magic on 14 September 2008 - 10:13 PM in General Nerf

Dear Jesus,

Please don't let another dipshit with a webcam take poor quality videos of himself and dispense blatantly WRONG information on the internet to a legion of tween fans ala iCarly. Let that dipshit instead enjoy the nerf hobby without the need to make up for their inadequate male anatomy. For this I pray.

Faithfully yours,
The One Man Clan

In OMC's eyes, ice is the dipshit that reminds him of iCarly. I don't have anything against anyone on NH, but I personally think it's great how much he hates him.

#217302 New Nerf Site

Posted by Magic on 10 March 2009 - 01:20 PM in General Nerf

Okay, I edited the comment, but none of you seemed to pay attention.

I nerf outdoors. My comment was made from a outdoor nerfer's view.
When I nerf in my house, practicing with my magstrike, guns have to cross the room, and without a very fast ROF, you get a sword to the face. So when I do (rarely) nerf outdoors, I carry a shotty Big Blast with a SneakShot attachment, a Magstrike, and a sword.

This is just a clarification, and I did not wish to pose an offensive message to the public of the Haven.

I sorry. I meant no offense to anyone. Especially if this thread is dead.

Oh yeah, boom, you spelled 'weapon' wrong.

I am just gathering attention to this, aren't I?

Are you retarded? Get your head straight. I don't give a shit about the guns. You're saying you're an outdoor nerfer, than you say you rarely nerf outdoors. Please clarify. You really shouldn't be talking about grammar mistakes either.

#174947 Lock N' Load Stock Better Than Modded?

Posted by Magic on 04 September 2008 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

Yeah, don't worry both of these guns are my two secondaries, it's just i'm curious.

#174938 Lock N' Load Stock Better Than Modded?

Posted by Magic on 04 September 2008 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

Wasn't sure whether or not to put this in general nerf, but since it's about modifications I put it in that category. The purple lock n' load is the modified one, golden stock. The golden one was originally the modified one bought from ChilliPepperFender, but I switched the internals. I'm not exactly sure of ranges but the modified LnL goes a good distance. Mods done: Chainblazer spring, AR's removed, CPVC barrel replacement. The range of the modded LnL with a stock dart gets the same as the unmodded with a stock mega, give or take a few feet. Any reason why? I'm tempted to modify the stock one, but first i'd like to know why the hell it goes so good stock.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to post the picture.
Posted Image

#208843 Snort-hog

Posted by Magic on 01 February 2009 - 11:45 PM in Modifications

dizzy, I really dispise you. All of your paintjobs are incredible! I can't figure how you and so many others do it so well. Keep them coming dude.

#174523 Pointless Polls And Topics

Posted by Magic on 02 September 2008 - 04:28 PM in Off Topic

I may get flamed for this but someone had to say it. Everyday when I log onto nerfhaven and click view new posts I expect to see some new sort of mod or new gun. Instead i'm seeing "What's your favorite movie?"; "What's your favorite food?". Now don't get me wrong i'm not directing this to anyone personally, but I see this everyday. They're also always based on the same thing, like if I saw a poll on differences with a gun i'd understand but pizza, ice-cream? C'mon guys.

#174528 Pointless Polls And Topics

Posted by Magic on 02 September 2008 - 04:42 PM in Off Topic

Yes, I understand that but that's not what i'm trying to say. People keep asking the same thing over and over again. Why doesn't someone just ask "What's your favorite eating establishment?" instead of "What's your favorite pizza place"?; "What's your favorite ice-cream parlor?".

#174727 Pointless Polls And Topics

Posted by Magic on 03 September 2008 - 03:32 PM in Off Topic

I agree with you OMC. Good point.

#175629 Pointless Polls And Topics

Posted by Magic on 07 September 2008 - 10:51 AM in Off Topic

I agree with keef. NerfOnFier, when I read your post about post counts, it pissed me off. FERD had a good point, and it was also good advice. In my opinion, this topic is just a useless pile of shit created by an overreacting member.

Sorry, but you don't understand. I know FERD in real life and he contributes nothing to this site.
Edit: Just forget what I said, this topic wasn't the best idea in the world.

#175556 Pointless Polls And Topics

Posted by Magic on 06 September 2008 - 11:57 PM in Off Topic

Instead of expecting other people to already have new mods up how about you go and make your own and become productive member of Nerfhaven.

Dude. You can't trash talk about me making new mods. Do you have any mods posted? You have 10 fucking posts, I have over 100.

#174539 Pointless Polls And Topics

Posted by Magic on 02 September 2008 - 04:59 PM in Off Topic

You have to keep in mind, there are a lot of new members now. Like 2000 more than there were just 3 months ago. They don't know the site. They have'nt been here long enough to see all of the old topics like the ones they post and say to themselves, "hey, there is another one just like this. maybe I should'nt post this?" Here's a quote from Ompa that kind of temporarily solves the problem:

We here at nerfhaven don't do Quarantines. We just kill all those that are problematic.

That may be true but to be honest, as soon as I joined I made my first post and got flamed. Right after that I took myself to read the CoC. All of the new members have been here for more then a few days and a fair amount of them have posted. All of them should have maybe taken a look at the CoC.

#206182 Star Wars Storm Trooper

Posted by Magic on 25 January 2009 - 11:46 AM in Modifications

Im so proud of you NoF, I can finally see whats going on in your pictures. Anyway, yeah those things are cool, but I do not think it was worth the 20$ we spent on each.

I don't either, but we still did not replace the spring, or double o-ring it. I still believe this has more potential then we expect.

#206179 Star Wars Storm Trooper

Posted by Magic on 25 January 2009 - 11:41 AM in Modifications

I searched, and found a topic of the same gun, but in a different color by Jerm78. It wasn't modified, as this one is. Okay, so let's start this up. BustaDartInYOurAss, KevinFunny, and I were in target, when Busta spotted this thing.
Posted Image
They had looked somewhat promising, so we each took one home. I opened it up, but before I did you need to pry off the orange ring on the front, with a flathead.
Posted Image
Okay, here are some internal pictures.
Posted Image
Catch Area:Posted Image
Catch Area with catch spring:Posted Image
If you were to look at the handle/foregrip, you will see that it goes into the gun. The part going into the gun acts as a wall for the catch, the spring goes into the little screw hole. Confusing, I know. Next I glued on about a 4in. CPVC barrel straight on to the plunger tube.
Posted Image
I put it all back together, and here is the final product:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Oh yeah, almost forgot ranges. Stock, it comes with those shitty micros with the rubber inside, and that hits roughly 15-20FT. Modified I can say that with screamers, it hits around 40, with stefans around 50.
Enjoy.

EDIT: Just thought i'd say it's not bad for indoor wars.

#206183 Star Wars Storm Trooper

Posted by Magic on 25 January 2009 - 11:46 AM in Modifications

Woops, somehow it was a double post. Forget this post.

#206186 Star Wars Storm Trooper

Posted by Magic on 25 January 2009 - 11:47 AM in Modifications

How is it primed?

At first I thought it was the foregrip/handle. It has a side priming bar much like the longshot, but on one side.