Demon Lord's Content

There have been 268 items by Demon Lord (Search limited from 11-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#249561 Chano 2.5 - Now Recapping

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 September 2009 - 02:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Work is unpredictable, but I'm going to try and make it up there. Is Bullwinkle AKA The diddle Gun banned?

#251489 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Demon Lord on 24 September 2009 - 02:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Turns out that's my boss's anniversity weekend with his wife. I'll know for sure if I can make it about a weekend before, so change me to a maybe.

#246050 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Demon Lord on 07 August 2009 - 10:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Pass up the chance to humiliate/get humiliated by Ice Nine and Zorn? Hell, no! I'll be there and most likely with friends as well.

#254113 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 October 2009 - 06:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Highlights and memorable moments:
- First kill dart landing in Gecko's jacket pocket
- Watching Merzlin faceplant after slipping trying to tag me, easiest barrel tap ever
- DtC, still one of my favorite team games; even the unfair one was awesome
- Berserker charging the first DtC round with a Vulcan, complete with screaming
- Getting shot in the head with my own Bow n' Arrow (by my own roommate) during previous charge and as a result slipping
- Having my Bow n' Arrow break...AGAIN. I think its tradition.
- Meeting Carbon and Julian, both great people and awesome nerfers
- Seeing the advantage of the SNAP bows..I need to build one
- Talking with both awesome cops and then jackass cop
- Seeing Gecko KICK ASS WITH A BLOW GUN
- Gecko is an awesome nerfer despite his age
- Kinda possibly ending my rivalry with Zeke, we got drafted onto the same teams several times
- Getting hit in the funny bone and having my left hand paralyzed, thus being unable to participate in the last round of DtC

The last CHANO was the bloodiest CHANO to date, this was the CHANO of odd hits.
See you at the next war!

#282999 Chano 3.5

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 August 2010 - 02:42 AM in Nerf Wars

I can make it on the 14th but not on the 21st due to my sister moving into her dorm that day.

Can I help her move in and get comfortable in the big scary world?

Wow, no.

Does she need a body guard to guard her for the day from the aformentioned creepy people? My rates are cheap.
BTW: if the war is this saturday, I need to know quick.

Demonlord does Parkour, so you know he's legit.

Along with a "Leverage"isc background, but that's another story.

I'm going to be late arriving and will probably have to leave early, but I'll be there.

#282351 Chano 3.5

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 August 2010 - 09:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I can make it on the 14th but not on the 21st due to my sister moving into her dorm that day.

Can I help her move in and get comfortable in the big scary world?

Wow, no.

Does she need a body guard to guard her for the day from the aformentioned creepy people? My rates are cheap.
BTW: if the war is this saturday, I need to know quick.

#281862 Chano 3.5

Posted by Demon Lord on 02 August 2010 - 03:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Either of those 2 days will work for me.

#216328 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 March 2009 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be attending for sure with the possiblility of several friends with me, none of which are on Nerfhaven.

#223347 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 April 2009 - 03:34 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be the first to admit, I'm the one who fell out the tree. Twice. Nice curve to run up however I could not get the speed I needed to stay up the tree.
The war was a lot of fun, I look forward to the next war and wars around the Chicago area.
Pros:
-Got to meet a TON of new people
-Discovered my lever action longshot is STILL something to be feared
-Bombardment with said longshot during CTF was quite fun
-Actually fielding all of my nerf guns with friends of mine to prove even the simple mods kick ass much ass as the tough ones
-Overall having a lot of fun with good people who enjoy the hobby and sport

Cons:
-Too long between rounds
-More game options
-Honesty at times could have been much better

@Zorn: Hey! Not my fault my friends are slow!

#250578 Chicago Beatdown 3 - Recapping Now

Posted by Demon Lord on 16 September 2009 - 03:22 AM in Nerf Wars

I had a lot of fun at this war, even before hand when we had such a small groupit was a nice change from the large wars that I have attended in the past.

Pros:
- Nerfing with the Chicago Mob again
- Defend the Core was more fun then I had ever expected
- No CTF that I played in (overplayed in my book)
- Seeing Kane's creative homemade NERF guns
- Having my Longshot's new ammo actually work...mostly
- Having my Bow n' Arrow function
- Hanging out with a bunch of awesome people
- Seeing a DtC score with a balloon sword...no joke!

Cons:
- Not having back up plans for when the large group of kids wanted to play
- Having to be a douche to kids who had no respect for anyone

#250380 Chicago Beatdown 3 - Recapping Now

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 September 2009 - 10:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Had much fun, met several new people. Good times were had. Proved that I had earned the name Demon Lord a long time ago. More when I'm not so sore.

#248749 Chicago Beatdown 3 - Recapping Now

Posted by Demon Lord on 27 August 2009 - 03:36 AM in Nerf Wars

Quick question, melee weapons: what are the rules?

#248688 Chicago Beatdown 3 - Recapping Now

Posted by Demon Lord on 26 August 2009 - 04:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe for this one. No weddings or anything to worry about this time.

#243263 Chicago Showdown - Part 2

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 July 2009 - 12:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Unsure as to my attendance, but I will try to be there.
EDIT: I forgot that is the day of my sister's wedding and will be unable to attend.

#236873 Chicago Showdown: Now Recapping

Posted by Demon Lord on 17 June 2009 - 01:13 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me down for a maybe ATM, I'm not sure of plans that far out yet.

#306336 commissioners

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 October 2011 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

Piece of friendly advice: People might buy from people who have good reputations and are known as good modders. Being a FNG nobody knows you so you're going to need to work on building a reputation first and learning the proper area to post threads like this. After all that, then people might be interested in buying your stuff.

#292101 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Demon Lord on 02 January 2011 - 08:40 PM in Homemades

Should zip ties and hot glue not work, try JB-WELD. I've used that stuff numerous times on many applications and its held up every time.

#293579 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 January 2011 - 06:31 AM in Homemades

E-tape and screws will be your friend. You only really need to glue/goop the front bushing/coupler in anyway, as you can just unscrew the back and pull out the mechanism behind the SNAP.

#291212 Concept: Firing From An Open Bolt.

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 December 2010 - 02:23 AM in Homemades

Here's a problem with that idea: because the bolt is slamming forward to close the breech you're putting major pressure on the front of the plunger tube and decreasing plunger tube volume as well. You could end up killing your ranges as well as your plunder tube when that shatters and sends the dart, bolt, and plunder at the target.

#154075 Cutting Off The Longshot Bipod...

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 April 2008 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

Open up the longshot and pull out the internals and then start cutting the body of the gun. Fix any mistakes with sandpaper and epoxy putty or plumner's goop.

#294840 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 February 2011 - 06:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I know I'll be there. Would "slug type" be able to have 3/16" ball bearings as weight.

I'd like to keep it to just BB weights as both those and slug darts are near identical performance. So, no.

#294899 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 February 2011 - 02:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Pictures of the park are now up. Be careful of the airspace, trees are in most of the park.

#294809 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 February 2011 - 05:23 AM in Nerf Wars

WHERE
Lion's Park
700 W Taylor St (at the corner of David Ave and W Taylor)[Address is approximate, location is not]
DeKalb, IL 60115
Posted Image
Entrance to park
Picture 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

WHEN
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011
10:00 AM to whenever we decide to stop (or the host/s dies, one of the two)

BASELINE STUFF

Slug (or slug type), foam tip, or stock darts only

Bring at least one primary, two or more would be a good idea

If you have multiple blasters and care to be generous bring them so that others bask in your modding glory

I'm not outright banning anything. This includes Jobars/Cobras and waterguns. If yours proves to be too dangerous I'll ask you to put it down

Two things unique to this war and I really doubt it will be a problem, but I want to cover any liabilities first: 1. Don't refer to darts as "bullets," they are darts/slugs/foam projectiles and 2. Put "nerf" in front of "gun."
DeKalb has had one major shooting and several smaller ones and I'd really like to avoid people calling the cops on us from mishearing something.

Don't be a douche.

Try not to curse loudly, if ever. We are in a public park after all.

Lunch is a good idea, as well as cash/trades to broker deals between rounds and before/after the war
There are several fast food places nearby for lunch, or you can bring your own.

The slug type darts I mentioned are simply single BB or 3/16th ball weight stefans that have no hot glue dome, just hot glue securing them in the foam with a flat felt tip covering the dart and the hot glue.

GAMETYPES PLANNED

Carpe Testiculum

CTF and variants

Destruction

Bombing Run

Meatgrinder

Territories

Zombies!

GAMETYPE RULES

Bombing Run

A ball is placed in the center of the field/war ground with two or more teams on different sides of the field. Each team has a "hoop" with the objective to run the ball and toss it into/through another team's hoop. One point per toss, 3 to win. Unlimited spawns, touch and go spawning with set team specific spawn points.

Destruction

Pieces of a titan are scattered about the field. Each team has a base and must launch and land a missle within 10 feet of the base flag to destroy the base. Unlimited spawns with a touch and go spawning unless hit with a titan missle, which carries a 30 spawn timer.

People:

knexpert66
cheerios
Y-brik
Wicket
Noodleownz
AcePilotZero
Mekhu
Javon
Bchamp22795
KaneTheMedicore

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to a high heat index and rain tomorrow the war is postponed until further notice. Sorry about that folks!

#302021 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 July 2011 - 02:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Just to clarify, the heat index is going to be 105 while the actual temperature is going to be a high of 92. Lion's Park is in a lot of shade, however that won't help much against heat index. We also have a chance of rain that day which will cool the temperature down temporary, but after it ends we're going to roast. I'm not going to out right cancel it yet but I will be there until 11 am. If no one shows up I'll officially cancel the war. To anyone that was planning on showing up later than that, it might be a good idea to either PM me to let me know or just outright not show.

#294983 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 February 2011 - 03:06 AM in Nerf Wars

I know I'll be there. Would "slug type" be able to have 3/16" ball bearings as weight.

I'd like to keep it to just BB weights as both those and slug darts are near identical performance. So, no.

3/16" steel balls weigh about .44g, #6 washers about .6g. So, 3/16" steel weights should be fine unless Demonlord has a problem with round weights.

Thank you for that info Kane, I wasn't aware of the weight differences. 3/16'' steel weights are allowed.

#300530 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 25 June 2011 - 10:47 PM in Nerf Wars

We've got just under a month until this war, who else is going to be brave enough to attend?!

#301721 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 17 July 2011 - 09:13 PM in Nerf Wars

While I won't have enough darts to supply everyone there, I'll have enough for you to borrow some.

#184877 Demon Breech For Titan

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 October 2008 - 01:12 AM in Modifications

Props on creativity for sure, however this looks like a cheap coupler system rather than a true breach for the Titan.
Still, fairly creative for those who don't have ready access to a hardware store nearby.

#297674 Display name

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 April 2011 - 01:57 AM in Off Topic

It was possible to do it manually (at least from what I did) as when I signed up my default Display Name was my login name. I was able to change that under the old software that forum used. However now that doesn't appear to be the case.

#199828 Dual Stage Coil Gun From Longshot

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 December 2008 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

Someone fast track this member asap.

This thing fires 3" steel bolts? Is there anyway to make it fire stefans? Maybe with a steel ball bearing instead of a lead fishing weight?

A steel ball bearing might survive the force of being shot out of that beast, the stefan it was in on the other hand may not...
However not knowing the range or the force that the bar hits with limits my guessing.
One of Captian Slugs washer stefans might have a better chance of surviving being launched if something other than hotglue is used to secure the washer on.

#321321 Duk Da Funk Down!

Posted by Demon Lord on 02 September 2012 - 03:26 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll do my best to show up under the condition I never see that opening picture again.

#304667 Epoxy Resin Cast Blaster Parts!

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 September 2011 - 12:13 AM in Modifications

It would be tricky, but a person could do a two part mold to create shells and other complex pieces like that.

#317314 First annual Parabolic Toys contest!

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 June 2012 - 06:55 PM in Homemades

Would a springer blaster attachment be eligible? To clarify something that gets attached to a springer but before the rocket be allowed or should I stick to a full springer rocket launcher?

#317067 First annual Parabolic Toys contest!

Posted by Demon Lord on 16 June 2012 - 01:39 PM in Homemades

I'm in. This should be worth it.

#277303 Foam In The Fort - June 19th

Posted by Demon Lord on 09 June 2010 - 09:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Pending a disaster, I'll be there.

#276215 Foam In The Fort - June 19th

Posted by Demon Lord on 27 May 2010 - 10:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a possibility as well. Once a location is set I'll know more and once the date is closer.

#276428 Foam In The Fort - June 19th

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 May 2010 - 02:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I hope you make it - your presence would surely up the fun level a bit, and keep me from being 10 years older than anyone other than my own crew that shows up. B)

Says the guy with 3 kids and a wife.
I'll do my best to try and be there but I must ask, fun how? Fun as in "How did he pull that shot off?!" or "Oh god he's charging us!!"?

#276730 Foam In The Fort - June 19th

Posted by Demon Lord on 03 June 2010 - 05:27 PM in Nerf Wars

So is this an indoor war then?
And in regards to ammo, would converted streamlines be allowable or should I cut down the tips and felt tip them?

#276818 Foam In The Fort - June 19th

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 June 2010 - 02:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Actually they are just hot glue, I've found the bb weight is unneeded for my longshot, which happens to be the only thing it can fire. I have yet to convert it or my 8 clips plus raider drum into firing stefens.

And my vote is as long as no micros are slingshot weighted, I don't care.

#278058 Foam In The Fort - June 19th

Posted by Demon Lord on 19 June 2010 - 02:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I want to be the first to say I'm sorry for missing this war, but DeKalb had a minor monsoon come through it as part of a series of storms that tore across the DeKalb county area and did a decent click of damage throughout the city and campus.
That was the biggest reason, there were a few other reasons that popped up as well, but I do want to say that next war its gonna take hell to stop me from coming.