When: August 22, 2009 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Where: Centennial Park
9400 S Oak Park Ave
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
(It's the same pic from last time, we'll meet by the park where we last Nerfed)
It's an awesomely large park with open fields and wooded areas for Nerfy goodness. It's in the heart of Oak Lawn, IL. We'll plan on meeting by the playground. I'll gladly give my number to anyone who wants it to ensure an easy meetup.
Snake51886 + 5
LiterSize (possibly with his new gf?)
Kane + x (The Napervillians)
Possible Special Appearances:
Unable to Attend due to sand in the Mangina:
Relevant Information: The last Showdown went out without a hitch, let's keep it up
Here's what to bring:
- A few guns; at least one primary and at least one *spring* pistol.
- Ammo, and a fair amount of it. If you forget you'll have to beg or worse...
- Eye Protection, you don't bring any, you can't play
- LUNCH AND DRINKS
The only shields that will be permitted are Manta Rays and Crossfire Shields
Here's what you shouldn't bring:
- Absolutely no singled Titans. Plugged Titans must be shotgunned to at least three barrels - a minimum of three barrels attached to the airtank, with all barrels firing upon the trigger pull.
- No singled AND plugged 4Bs, LBBs, National Geographic Guns, or Signal Launchers. Plugged will imply shotgunned to at least three barrels.
- Special cases on the above banned guns will be considered on a case-by-case basis; if you feel you have something that is listed as banned but doesn't perform powerfully enough to warrant banning you may bring it, but please don't waste our time with a singled, plugged Titan where you shotgun-load a single barrel. I would ban SM5Ks but almost no one has one or uses one.
- Air-powered homemades (spring-powered ones are acceptable) will be considered on a case by case basis as well but the limitations on those will be stricter, since they're generally able to put out a lot more air than most of the big blasters.
- Do NOT bring anything painted all black. That is bad and you won't be allowed to use it, except for PASs and RFDGs. Those come in that color and are therefore fine.
- No melee wapons at all!!! Barrel Taps are allowed
We'll play a bunch of different games throughout the day:
- Team Deathmatch (2 and 3 teams)
- Free for All
- Defend the Core
- Escort VIP with and without Zombies
- Pistol Rounds
- Crossfire Shields and Manta Rays may be used with any combination of weapons. The crossfire shield must be worn like a buckler shield on the lower part of the arm.
- Barrel Tapping is allowed however, your gun MUST be locked and loaded to tap, accompanied by saying, "Hit". I consider tapping a courtesy instead of shooting someone point blank with a powerful primary.
- If you're being a jerk you get to star in a StQ round later that day!
- A few wars I've been to has had people testing weapons by firing them at someone...If you're caught doing it I'll personally make sure you know it was a big mistake
The emergency backup location is:
Mount Greenwood Park
3724 W 111th St
Chicago, IL 60655
Questions? Comments? Post in the thread, if it's of a personal matter PM me.
Edited by Snake51886, 21 August 2009 - 11:39 PM.