ChiliPepperFender's Content

There have been 353 items by ChiliPepperFender (Search limited from 14-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#151661 Smdtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 17 April 2008 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

Renegademilitia15: Epoxy would probably work much better, I just always forget to get it at the store.

Dayko: I live in Redmond, Washington which is a little east of Seattle. The Mclendon's I'm talking about is in Woodinville.

#151744 Spongebob

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 17 April 2008 - 08:54 PM in Off Topic

Why is there a forum about spongebob on a nerf website.... Anyways, I've lost interest in spongebob like 3 years ago, but I remember the classics.

#151747 Which Guns Are Really The Best?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 17 April 2008 - 09:15 PM in Off Topic

Bags: I understand that. Non-discrimination is awesome, but the fact remains that the bigger guns NERF has released (Longshot CS-6, Recon CS-6) have fallen short of expectations. Keep in mind that this is a highly opinionated persuasive essay.

The longshot falled short of expectations? How? With an Angel mod and a high-cap clip you have 90-100ft with twelve shots. Not to mention you can integrate guns on the bottom where the bipod was. Who knows, someone may come out with a write up with the recon hitting 80, not likely, but possible.

#151844 Problem Solved.

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 18 April 2008 - 03:54 PM in Off Topic

Edit: Problem solved, thanks.

#151897 Recon Mods

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 18 April 2008 - 07:59 PM in Site Feedback

I don't think this is site feedback, be careful where you post your topics. Also, check the mods directory for the recon mods, there have been a few.

#151920 Ttg Modification

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 18 April 2008 - 09:52 PM in Modifications

And by the way, sorry this sounds kinda noobish, but what does TTG stand for?

Tech Target Gun.

#151921 The New Shall Replace The Old

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 18 April 2008 - 09:57 PM in Off Topic

I'm glad to see people are reading these, even now. I should start a series or something.

Well, it's pretty interesting considering many people have different perspectives about this. Mine? Well, I'd vote depends. I say this because I personally haven't had an older gun that is great, like a crossbow or splitfire, but I still know there are good.

#151941 Smdtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 19 April 2008 - 12:45 AM in Modifications

Don't get your hopes too high. Sometimes when I go there all they have is maybe 1-2 pieces, but then other times they have 3 pieces of each (19/32.9/16.17/32). So it's pretty much like hit and miss.

#152293 Dtg Set Vrs. 3 Spiderman Sets

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 April 2008 - 08:48 PM in General Nerf

Good choice. You better hope you don't have a crappy made one. My first set was horrible in terms of range, my second was amazing. Let's hope the next three are good!

#152447 Pistol Tommy 20 Mod (no Writeup)

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 April 2008 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

I've never owned a MT20 so I may be wrong, but since it's on your bike you may want to try to make it rear loading for an easier re-load time.

#152484 The Longspider Shotgun

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 April 2008 - 07:30 PM in Modifications

First one like this that I have ever seen. I would've thought more people had done this by now. Nice job.

#152485 Warthog Mod Writeup

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 April 2008 - 07:33 PM in Modifications

Nice write up, the second one on the warthog I think.

#152491 The Longspider Shotgun

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 April 2008 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

Obviously, his ranges are angled, alot. I don't think we'll see internal pictures because he's selling the gun, and won't want to open it back up. That is unless he already has internal pictures. Oh yeah, not to mention that he probably glued the SMDTG on the top so he can't open it back up without taking it off.

#152557 The Longspider Shotgun

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 22 April 2008 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

Maybe he is for real with his ranges, I just looked at his ebay feedback and he's the guy who sells 100ft recons. It looks like he sold many of them and has gotten positive feedback on all. Or the buyers never actually tested how far the gun could shoot before they gave him positive feedback. If the ranges are BS or not, good luck with the sale, I see it's already jumped to 40$.

#152644 The Longspider Shotgun

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 22 April 2008 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

I have heard of how good these are to integrate but I have never seen a gun with one aside from the Integration into an lbb done by kbarker. Good job.

You've never seen Arachnophobia 2? I think alot of people have done SMDTG integrations, but they just don't post them.

#152647 Bbb's And Crossbows

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 22 April 2008 - 05:00 PM in Off Topic

The main thing that makes your post wrong, ice, is the fact that an Crossbow's EFFECTIVE range is 100'. You're 3B's ANGLED range is 100'.

I have a good singled BBB, and an added spring, 100' FLAT.

In my experience with BBB's they don't get 100' flat, I may be wrong though. Also, people have a reason to feel suspisious about your ranges because of the longshot range test video you made. The gun was slightly angled, and the tape measure wasn't very straight at all.

I don't own a crossbow, but to me it looks much more integration friendly than a BBB.

#152726 Smdtg Secret Reveled

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 22 April 2008 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

Nice find! If people don't get in the high ranges after doing the simple mods, this will definently help them out.

#152800 Foamslinger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 23 April 2008 - 03:21 PM in Modifications

Can you still open up the longshot to mod it? It doesn't look like it, unless you tore off the T20. No offense, but I hate this integration. It looks very bulky, and big. Not to mention the T20 is loud and will give you away. It doesn't seem pratical at the wars I go to, but whatever style works for you, I guess.

#152807 Foamslinger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 23 April 2008 - 05:13 PM in Modifications

I've never owned a T20 but what I hear of it is that it's not good. Also, I've seen it which is why I say it's bulky and big. By opening up the longshot I meant taking the two halves off, rather than having it half open.

#152822 Quick Smdtg Question

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 23 April 2008 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

I used four inches in mine and get pretty good results.

#152826 Reactor Modification.

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 23 April 2008 - 07:46 PM in Modifications

Another great write up, nice job.

#152832 Quick Smdtg Question

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 23 April 2008 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

I used 4" because I wanted to cut the brass in 3 equal sections. This weekend I'll try out 3" and see how that compares to it.

#153041 Titan Rifle

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 25 April 2008 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

I would laugh so hard if I saw someone carrying that around in a war. How long is the gun? It looks huge. I'm also digging the paintjob.

#153163 For Those That Think I Seem "mean"

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 25 April 2008 - 09:22 PM in Off Topic

Wow you ignorant americans.

Go fuck yourself.

Yay! American pride, you tell 'em Dark Shrimp.

#153166 "steampunk" Longshot

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 25 April 2008 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

Yeah, that things pretty awesome, it's also on ebay selling for like 250$.

#153174 "steampunk" Longshot

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 25 April 2008 - 10:32 PM in Modifications

According to Dictionary.com.

Main Entry: steampunk
Part of Speech: n
Definition: a genre of science fiction set in Victorian times when steam was the main source of machine power; also written steam-punk

#153184 Shopping Sites

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 25 April 2008 - 11:05 PM in General Nerf

I ussually use ebay, and sell big items, like guitars, on craigslist. I sell more expensive things locally on craigslist. Ebay is where I like to "shop" though and look around for items.

#153226 Remote Controlled Cars..

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 01:15 PM in Off Topic

I like getting the ones from TRU and then smashing them with my friends. Basically we just use the cars to run into each other. You should try it someone.

#153238 The Bright Fluff 20

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

Wait, so you taped a flashlight on, and wrapped toliet paper around the handle? That's what it sounds like to me. I don't think this will be added to the directory, but who knows.

#153302 A Quick Question On Pricing...

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

Manta's are worth about 40$. I'm not sure about any of the other ones.

#153304 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 08:24 PM in Off Topic

I chose mine because the Red Hot Chili Peppers are the best band, in my oppinion. Also, I chose fender, because I play a Fender Strat.

#153310 Daedalus: Super Nf

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

Do you know where you can get the spring from? I don't really want to tear apart my screen door for one. Also, how long is the plunger tube, and what did you use to connect the two plunger rods? I have two stock nitefinders at the moment and was thinking about doing something like this. Did you use the stock end piece for the plunger rod from a nitefinder or did you make a different one? Nice mod by the way, incredible ranges too.

#153333 The Bright Fluff 20

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

But I love beating horses.

Effeminate fail.

#153348 Triple Strike Mod

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 10:34 PM in Modifications

Very nice. Consider it added.

EDIT: You were the first to do a write up for this gun.

Actually, g-force did one, it just never got added.

That's the wrong link. Also nice mod, I never saw g-forces so I'll consider yours the first.

#153349 Daedalus: Super Nf

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

@Chili: You can buy a screen door closer and break it apart if you wanted to. I just had a broken one around. The plunger tube is ~7", including the plunger face. There are actually 3 different rods there, connected by gluing 5/32" music wire in the grooves. The plunger head is entirely different, if that's what you mean.
@g-force: There is very little left of the actual NF, but yes.
@Green: It is exactly like it. I just went and 1-up'd it by using a larger diameter(more volume) plunger tube, and new spring and plunger head.

EDIT @ Green: It has a coupler, and I still want access to the internals. I am gonna paint it at some point I'm sure but right now I am still tweaking.

Concerning my question, what is exactly did you make the plunger head out of? Also do you have any pictures of said plunger head?

EDIT: I saw the pic but what's it made out of?

#153354 Daedalus: Super Nf

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the quick response, nice mod too.

#153497 Different Take On A Doubled Up Nf

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 27 April 2008 - 07:16 PM in Modifications

I like it, nice job. How did you keep the two plunger tubes straight when you epoxied them together?

#153505 Are You Serious?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 27 April 2008 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

Who cares if he's lying or not, let him believe what he wants. I say everyone should stop posting "BS!BS!BS!". I think we get the picture here.

#153525 Airtight Sealness...

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 27 April 2008 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

Sealant as in adhesive? If so then epoxy.

#153530 Airtight Sealness...

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 27 April 2008 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

Sealant as in adhesive? If so then epoxy.

What's an adhesive?

Dictionary.com:

ad·he·sive Audio Help /ædˈhisɪv, -zɪv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ad-hee-siv, -ziv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. coated with glue, paste, mastic, or other sticky substance: adhesive bandages.
2. sticking fast; sticky; clinging.

So, in a nutshell, glue.

Edit: In response to Scotch's: I forgot about plumbers goop, if your sealing something airtight, plumbers goop is the way to go.