Foamslinger

The Longshot with some Uber style

42 replies to this topic

#1 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:23 PM

Thanks to angelof_DEATH182 for the idea.

angelof_DEATH182 had the great idea of integrating my minimized Tommy 20 as the undergun of a Longshot. I quickly bought a longshot and worked all morning to accomplish this task. The result is awesome. (The LS is stock, except for shell modifications to make the integration work.)

THE FOAMSLINGER

Posted Image

I got rid of the tripod and flattened the front.

Posted Image

The entire gun

Posted Image

Facing front

Posted Image

Please ask questions, comment, I love getting feedback.

Edited by Ubermensch, 23 April 2008 - 12:25 PM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#2 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

Nice. But a LS at stock ranges is kind of pointless with the 20. The T20 shoots more darts and further. Great though.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#3 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

What sort of range does the T20 get?

If it's high enough, this might actually be an effective weapon. I'm impressed.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#4 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:39 PM

If it's high enough, this might actually be an effective weapon. I'm impressed.

IIRC he said it gets 40-50ft, which is roughly the range my LS gets.

Also, great job. :lol:
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

20ish stock, 40ish modified. But it's extremely picky about which darts you use, it's really noisy, and it's not reliable.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Out of the many wars I have attended in the past year I have NEVER been hit by a Tommy 20.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

It looks like it could be useful - use the LS for the ability to shoot without having to turn the motor on and alert them to your presence - then flip the switch and unleash 20 darts as quick as you please.

However, the blue/yellow color combination makes me sick. It could really benefit from a good paint job!
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#7 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

I think it could benefit with a fuller intergration. It looks like it's held on with hot glue..
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#8 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

That is one of the fugliest integrations I have ever seen, although you did only spend a few hours on it. I would definetly minimize it as much as you can. I have no idea what the internals look like, but does it have a plunger tube or anything of that nature? I would try to integrate it AS MUCH into the LS as you can, but leave the drum completely out of the LS, it would look cool. But really, give it a paintjob. I almost threw up waffle chunks when I saw that. The only thing that is cool, or that I like about the Tomy 20, is the drum. There is something cool about the drum, especially if you painted it black.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#9 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

That is one of the fugliest integrations I have ever seen, although you did only spend a few hours on it. I would definetly minimize it as much as you can. I have no idea what the internals look like, but does it have a plunger tube or anything of that nature? I would try to integrate it AS MUCH into the LS as you can, but leave the drum completely out of the LS, it would look cool. But really, give it a paintjob. I almost threw up waffle chunks when I saw that. The only thing that is cool, or that I like about the Tomy 20, is the drum. There is something cool about the drum, especially if you painted it black.

Theres 2 motors towards the front that spin forwards, like one of those hot wheels speeder uppers. When you pull the trigger, the drum rotates, a stick thing pops out to push the dart froward, the dart catches on the wheel and the dart flies forwards.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#10 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

I wonder if you could get away with cutting out the existing trigger and bulding a new one. Then slide the T20 back further, so the trigger placement is close in appearance to the set-up of an M16/M203. Here is a pic of what I am talking about:

Posted Image

Cutting off that ugly bit of handle that is still on the T20 would go a long way to making the thing more appealing.

As is it is ugly as hell. But props on something I haven't seen yet. Although I'd rather see a titan underneath that doesn't have so many tubes it looks like it is on life support.
C8H18

#11 angelof DEATH182

angelof DEATH182

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:20 PM

Good job, wish I'd done it first though.

Edited by angelof_DEATH182, 18 August 2008 - 11:39 PM.

#12 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:41 PM

Theres 2 motors towards the front that spin forwards, like one of those hot wheels speeder uppers. When you pull the trigger, the drum rotates, a stick thing pops out to push the dart froward, the dart catches on the wheel and the dart flies forwards.

Oh, okay, I get what you are talking about. I see now why it is so hard to modify a battery powered gun, except for just supercharging it. I bet you could acually mod one by getting one of the hot wheels spinner-things and replaceing the stock one with that. From what I remember about hot wheels cars that I had when I was like 9, those spinners went made that hot wheel car fly. I remember making this one track that was both gravity, and battery powered, and the car hit the wall, and dented it. But anyway, those hot wheel ones go a lot faster that the one in the T20, probably.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#13 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

Can you still open up the longshot to mod it? It doesn't look like it, unless you tore off the T20. No offense, but I hate this integration. It looks very bulky, and big. Not to mention the T20 is loud and will give you away. It doesn't seem pratical at the wars I go to, but whatever style works for you, I guess.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#14 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:23 PM

Now all you have to do is mod the LS and you'll have a decent primary
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#15 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

Just... Just no. Get a better gun man! However if play indoors, this may be a viable weapon... Doubt it.

The whole point of my integration was to provide a back up, while being quickly discarged when used up. When that thins empty (or even when its loaded) its just dead weight. Hm... Im getting ideas... be prepared.

"28 years strait to hell!" God, I love drowning pool... Sorry for the randomness.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#16 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

I don't think anyone here who is dissing the T20 actually owns one. BTW, you can still open up the LS, it's just sort of annoying.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#17 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:13 PM

I've never owned a T20 but what I hear of it is that it's not good. Also, I've seen it which is why I say it's bulky and big. By opening up the longshot I meant taking the two halves off, rather than having it half open.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#18 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:20 PM

Yes, that's what I meant too. The two sides of both the T20 and the LS are separately glued together, so they can be removed together.

Maeric: Which mod of yours are you referencing here?

Eddieoctane: It is impossible to do what you suggest because I wouldn't be able to remove the clip of the gun if I put the handle any closer.
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#19 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

My initial response was "You have got to be fucking kidding me" and I stand by that. Looks awkward, heavy and pointless for anything but... come on guys, what would this be good for?
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#20 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:29 PM

Now you're making me feel bad...

Like most things I do, I did this for fun. Plus, for the way I nerf, this works fine. I don't want to "sharpshoot" someone from far away or anything.

Edited by Ubermensch, 23 April 2008 - 05:29 PM.

Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#21 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

Now you're making me feel bad...

Like most things I do, I did this for fun. Plus, for the way I nerf, this works fine. I don't want to "sharpshoot" someone from far away or anything.

Heh, Im in a good mood. Actually, for my play style, it could work. Rushing is fun but still, its better done with two RF20s just for laughs. This this does look awkward. Who am I kidding? I plan to attach a magstrike to my new Longshot. I can't talk about awkward.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#22 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

Damnit!
I was going to do this.
I'll go cry in my corner like a good emo kid.

EDIT: Just kiddin', good job.

Noncomforming as can be (pay no attention to the video, it is teh suxor).

Anyways, pretty neat. I personally don't like battery powered guns, but nice nonetheless.

-OfAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#23 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:41 PM

What really makes this ugly other than the color scheme? I mean, Guru also has tons of hot glue which shows how the two guns are connected.
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#24 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

I personally like the idea for ambushes.
A few suggestions though.
Posted Image

Does the Tommy 20's trigger manually push a dart into the fly wheels or does it connect a circuit which something electronically pushes the dart in. If the case is the latter you could rig up a special push button that fires the T20 and this would allow you to minimize the T20 even further making it more aesthetically pleasing. Hell if you wanted to, you might be able to rig it up to the original trigger. Than only fire the Tommy 20 when its on. This modification has a lot of potential to be alot better. I hope you take this farther.

As far as everyone talking about how pointless this is. I can see this being very useful in HvZ.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#25 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:35 PM

Does the Tommy 20's trigger manually push a dart into the fly wheels or does it connect a circuit which something electronically pushes the dart in.

As far as everyone talking about how pointless this is. I can see this being very useful in HvZ.

The trigger moves a rod that pushes the dart into the flywheels. I also think this has potential. I am all for integrating guns that people hate. I have a mav under my ls. It just needs for time/effort. and some Bondo! Allllllright.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users