NerfCrazy's Content

There have been 437 items by NerfCrazy (Search limited from 17-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#177663 Fall Mnno

Posted by NerfCrazy on 15 September 2008 - 10:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I believe it is single shot springers but I may be wrong.

#177659 The Hunter, By Splitlip

Posted by NerfCrazy on 15 September 2008 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

If the misfiring has anything to do with the trigger mechanism you can tie 2 rubber bands together and put it on the edge of the trigger.

#177657 Fall Mnno

Posted by NerfCrazy on 15 September 2008 - 09:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds like you like making your sister mad. Anyways, noobs use cpvc? Pfft, I use cpvc because it fits my darts best but just recently I nested some 17/32 brass in thick walled petg for my x-bow and I like it a lot so I will be using that. I have lots of mods to do and stefans to make so tomorrow I think I will be pretty busy. We also need to have a gunslinger round.

#177648 Nf2k

Posted by NerfCrazy on 15 September 2008 - 09:30 PM in Modifications

Nicely done. An extra long range shot is always nice.

#177601 Non-nerf Applications Of Nerf Guns

Posted by NerfCrazy on 15 September 2008 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

I usually climb out on my roof and shoot at squirrels with my x-bow and I have hit quite a few. When my friend is over he uses my 3k blow gun or my autogrip with blowdarts in about 1" of nerf foam though he always gets the tree.

#177454 Fall Mnno

Posted by NerfCrazy on 14 September 2008 - 10:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Woo, I can make it now. My friend had asked me to go bow hunting with him and he had it planned for the weekend of the nerf war but since that is duck opening we will be doing it the weekend after.

#177381 Fall Mnno

Posted by NerfCrazy on 14 September 2008 - 05:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Actually he chased me with a pc I think in one round and I ran around zig-zagging trying to reload.

#177378 Anyone Need Big Salvos?

Posted by NerfCrazy on 14 September 2008 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

You can't use paypal with amazon only credit cards and what not.

#177151 Hno

Posted by NerfCrazy on 13 September 2008 - 05:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I wanna hear some war stories damnit.

I second that. We should get the date and location set though. I also second having a special war for him if he can't make it.

#177069 Super Soaker

Posted by NerfCrazy on 13 September 2008 - 11:48 AM in General Nerf

You could probably put some plumbers goop on the crack provided it is a small one and add a piece of plastic over that plumbers goop for extra strength.

#176740 My Idea Of What A Longshot Should Look Like

Posted by NerfCrazy on 11 September 2008 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

Nice job. Very clean and well done.

#176489 Fall Mnno

Posted by NerfCrazy on 10 September 2008 - 08:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds good, thanks.

#176485 Fall Mnno

Posted by NerfCrazy on 10 September 2008 - 07:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I made an off brand push pull gun that can shoot arrows so now I have I think 2 strange guns for the weird war part. If anyone has any extras I can use for some friends would be nice. Yes, Venom, Busta, and I are the vets against what, 7 or so noobs? This thing will be awesome. Also, my choice of music is metal and stuff like that but bring whatever you want busta.

#176420 Fall Mnno

Posted by NerfCrazy on 10 September 2008 - 03:57 PM in Nerf Wars

1 How well do those practice golf balls work in ball guns
2 I would pay 10 + like 1 for tax to split one if they fit in ball guns well
3 I need to go out and get a bbbb for the arrows, how much etape to have them fit tightly

1. I am not sure. But, I did put a regular golf ball in my reactor, of course it didn't really work, but it fit perfectly. I know that baghead used them in the same barrel he used for normal nerf balls on his Roto Rocket, with the same performance.
2. I was thinking I could use the golf balls to help cover the cost of the SM1.5k. I have some guns you might be interested in too, I'll PM you.
3. I am not sure, I haven't measured the lengths of tape I put on the barrel yet. Since we are doing a trade I could throw in a barrel for shooting these out of free of charge.

Sounds good, just pm me with any extra info about the trades and sales.

#176417 Fall Mnno

Posted by NerfCrazy on 10 September 2008 - 03:39 PM in Nerf Wars

1 How well do those practice golf balls work in ball guns
2 I would pay 10 + like 1 for tax to split one if they fit in ball guns well
3 I need to go out and get a bbbb for the arrows, how much etape to have them fit tightly

#176262 Fall Mnno

Posted by NerfCrazy on 09 September 2008 - 08:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Yay, Matt might come up to the war. Anyways, I need some extra balls for my motorized ballzooka. Also, what tunes do you have in mind?

#176045 Through A Cop's Eyes

Posted by NerfCrazy on 08 September 2008 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

The worst that has happened to me is at a nerf war a cop drove down a walking/biking/skating path and slowed down by us, I thought he was going to get out and question us. That was a bit freaky.

#175720 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by NerfCrazy on 07 September 2008 - 05:22 PM in Modifications

Its a piece of plastic connecting the trigger to the plunger tube.

I think that that piece would be more effective if it was moved over to the right, making the trigger push force more direct against the catch.

Probably, but you would need a piece of square brass or something steady for that.

#175681 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by NerfCrazy on 07 September 2008 - 03:45 PM in Modifications

Its a piece of plastic connecting the trigger to the plunger tube.

#175648 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by NerfCrazy on 07 September 2008 - 12:37 PM in Modifications

Actually it would probably be pretty comfortable.

#175638 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by NerfCrazy on 07 September 2008 - 11:24 AM in Modifications

There we go.
Posted Image

#175536 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by NerfCrazy on 06 September 2008 - 10:52 PM in Modifications

You beat me to it. I was going to buy this gone from my cousin but forgot to have some money when I went to my cabin with him. Anyways, nice job. You would get better ranges if you shortened the barrel if you plan on only using stock darts and would get better range with stefans. You could also try to remove the tubing somehow and hold the gun the other way without making it awkward to hold. Also it is annoying to have to side scroll to view the pictures and read the text.

Imagine a nitefinder with the barrell on the back and the cocking handle on the font. Thats how removing the tubing and gluing the barrel directly on would be. Shortening the barrel would make no difference, I've tried it before and a 6 inch barrel is much easier to attach to a tactical rail. How big is your monitor? Mines 8.5 by 13 and it has plenty of room for the pictures.

My monitor is 9.5" by 12.5". You would remove a lot of the dead space if you would attach the barrel to where the tubing used to be. Like I said my cousin has one and I played around with it for a while and it is difficult to hold backwards but you can make it possible to somehow reverse the trigger setup, in fact I have an idea of how to do that too.

#175522 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by NerfCrazy on 06 September 2008 - 10:03 PM in Modifications

You beat me to it. I was going to buy this gone from my cousin but forgot to have some money when I went to my cabin with him. Anyways, nice job. You would get better ranges if you shortened the barrel if you plan on only using stock darts and would get better range with stefans. You could also try to remove the tubing somehow and hold the gun the other way without making it awkward to hold. Also it is annoying to have to side scroll to view the pictures and read the text.

#175408 The Nerf Rail Style Holster

Posted by NerfCrazy on 06 September 2008 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

When I view the links all I see is a white page.

#175406 Wierd At2k Leak

Posted by NerfCrazy on 06 September 2008 - 02:27 PM in General Nerf

Sorry blackfox didn't notice that there. Yes I did read your entire post but I usually never notice those.
I do always do that with my at2k though.

#175377 Longshot Scope Bayonet

Posted by NerfCrazy on 06 September 2008 - 12:14 PM in Modifications

That is a very interesting idea and would be fun to play with. Nice job.

#175243 Simple Ls Brass Breech.

Posted by NerfCrazy on 05 September 2008 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

They also have a straight line tool on MS so this squiggly stuff doesn't happen. Anyways I would just go with angels mod because I can understand it. If you can somehow make it any clearer I would rather do this because Split lip made me realize it would be hard to find darts to fit the 1/2" or whatever size brass it is in a war.

#175242 Crazy Prices You Bought Your Guns

Posted by NerfCrazy on 05 September 2008 - 08:21 PM in General Nerf

I have Lets see if I can remember.
eagle eye .80
x-bow .80
rzb 3.00
SharpS1 2.00
motorized ballzooka 2.00
6 at2ks .80 each
2sm750 with 6 larami darts, megas, micros, and a splash dart 1.75
and more of course.

#175163 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by NerfCrazy on 05 September 2008 - 03:26 PM in Off Topic

Another good game is Tales of Vesperia, you may not think it is the greatest but I love the tales series. It came out maybe a week or two ago for the 360.

#175026 Perceptor Gun Mod

Posted by NerfCrazy on 04 September 2008 - 08:40 PM in Modifications

I did first mod it with the head gear and cpvc 3" and it went about 15' tops.

#174867 Perceptor Gun Mod

Posted by NerfCrazy on 04 September 2008 - 06:37 AM in Modifications

I am pretty sure you could because when I looked down it as far as I could all I saw was supportive pieces of plastic so it wouldn't get crushed.

#174633 Animals And Nerfing

Posted by NerfCrazy on 02 September 2008 - 09:00 PM in Off Topic

Shit how did your cat turn out after that!? I know my cat once ran into a vent and cut up her nose pretty bad (yeah shes fucking retarted).

Edit: damnit I just noticed you have the same avatar as me, and you had it first. *tear* I liked skaman....

If you must know, the cat was taken away by the ASPCA. Two handlers had to corner him and take him away because he was too much for one. I think its because my other cat pissed him off. He was gentle before that day...

Haha, I chose skaman because he looks a lot like a character from my book, BlackFox... who is me.

Haha I chose skaman because ska kicks ass.

Oh right so I decided to run my dog a bit so he would be a little less obnoxious. I threw the bird dummy and he started running after it then bent down and picked up the recently fired titan missile, then he brought it back. So I slid it on the titan and let it rip, he chased it down and brought it back with little to no harm to the missile. I think I may have found the first dog who loves to nerf!

Now that would be awesome to have a dog in a nerf war retrieving large sized ammo. Give him some armor so he won't be injured and you're good to go.

#174573 Perceptor Gun Mod

Posted by NerfCrazy on 02 September 2008 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

Pirate Show: As it is now it is pretty comfortable.
Min.tee: I still have the headgear and all the other stuff.

#174389 Minnesota To Apoc Crew

Posted by NerfCrazy on 01 September 2008 - 10:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Train? My mom suggested the train and Im wondering how much of a possibility that would be. But the party bus would be awesome. Anyone have a commercial drivers license?

I checked out Amtrak for getting from St Paul to New Jersey, and it's ~$175 round trip. Three separate trains, roughly 26 hours for the trip.

That sounds good. More details would be appreciated.
Sounds like we will most likely be taking a train. ~$175 flat rate round trip is not that bad and we would have more room for moving around.
I checked the conversion van and the cheapest one was $179 a day and about $799-$999 a week.

#174380 Minnesota To Apoc Crew

Posted by NerfCrazy on 01 September 2008 - 10:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Apoc is East coast.
Renting a van may work or we could take a bus. Looking into the prices right now.

If it's cheaper, I am all for it. Plus, any ordinary bus is turned into a super awesome party bus once all of us nerfers get on it.

I smell a party and a video project.

"Chronicles of Midwest Nerfers" anyone?

I might be in on this. Im saving up already, and thinking about new projects.

Good to hear you are already saving. I too am already saving.
I am currently looking at conversion van rentals. Whoever finds the best rates for a van rental/train tickets/plane tickets/bus tickets and so on wins a free cupcake. The flavors are vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, vanilla/chocolate, all cupcakes can include sprinkles in rainbow colors or just one color.

Rambo: Thanks for pointing that out I completely forgot about that part. I will now recalculate the prices.

Just calculated and it would be about $150 with food estimate and 4 people in the car.

#174371 Minnesota To Apoc Crew

Posted by NerfCrazy on 01 September 2008 - 09:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Apoc is East coast.
Renting a van may work or we could take a bus. Looking into the prices right now.
Looking at a greyhound bus ride. We would leave from Minneapolis MN and arrive in Allendale NJ.
Unfortunately they won't give me prices so I will look into renting a van.

#174357 Minnesota To Apoc Crew

Posted by NerfCrazy on 01 September 2008 - 09:18 PM in Nerf Wars

If my dad can get time off to also go to DCNO and we all gather up enough money I guess we could.

I shall calculate the cost to go to DCNO and geddon because I am bored.

DCNO
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My house to the war site = 1092 miles
* $5 a gallon(hopefully it won't be that high) = 5460
/ 34 MPG = $160 going there for one person
* 2 for the trip back and that is $320 roundtrip for one person
+ food and sleeping arrangements is looking at about $360(it isn't incredibly high because I hope a kind nerfer will house us for a day or two) for one person.

$180 per person for 2 people
$140 per person for 3 people
$110 per person for 4 people

Geddon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My house to the war site = 1913 miles
* $5 a gallon(hopefully it won't be that high) = 9565
/ 34 MPG = $281 going there for one person
* 2 for the trip back and that is $562 roundtrip for one person
+ food and sleeping arrangements is looking at about $600(it isn't incredibly high because I hope a kind nerfer will house us for a day or two) for one person.

$340 per person for 2 people
$240 per person for 3 people
$190 per person for 4 people

But no one would do that.

#174348 Minnesota To Apoc Crew

Posted by NerfCrazy on 01 September 2008 - 09:07 PM in Nerf Wars

We will of course be stopping regularly to fill up on gas, get food, stretch, switch seats, go to the bathroom, and any other necessities. The food cost was a rough estimate of eating at semi expensive places so people would have enough money saved up to make it without going over budget (one of the worst things ever is being in debt). Also, free lodging would be most appreciated. I also have a roof-top carrier that we could put nerf guns in or other things we bring along.

#174340 New Spy Gear Blaster

Posted by NerfCrazy on 01 September 2008 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

It looks like those "darts" that have notches in them to catch on a thing inside of it while pushing down a spring. So in other words to me it looks like it doesn't have a plunger tube.

#174338 Minnesota To Apoc Crew

Posted by NerfCrazy on 01 September 2008 - 08:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Actually it is a Pontiac Vibe and gets about 34 mpg. It can comfortably hold 3 people plus the driver but I am not sure that anyone would want to cram 4 people in there.

Here are my calculations
My house to the war site = 1239 miles
* $5 a gallon(hopefully it won't be that high) = 6195
/ 34 MPG = $182 going there for one person
* 2 for the trip back and that is $364 roundtrip for one person
+ food and sleeping arrangements is looking at about $400(it isn't incredibly high because I hope a kind nerfer will house us for a day or two) for one person.

With two people the grand total is $220
Three is $160
Four(we are very close together at this point) is $140 per person

The price didn't go down as much as you may have expected because of food expenses.