Philote's Content

There have been 202 items by Philote (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#144240 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 07 March 2008 - 07:10 PM in General Nerf

I think that the Vulcan is going to be a lot like BioShock. [b][Warning Opinionated Content] It is already over-hyped, and will most likely fall short of what is expected. This is not to say it will suck completely, I mean, i want one. Badly. But that is just me.

EDIT: I had no intention of this escalating into a video game related post chain,or anything so sorry if I did.

#144242 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 07 March 2008 - 07:25 PM in General Nerf

I think that the Vulcan is going to be a lot like BioShock. [b][Warning Opinionated Content] It is already over-hyped, and will most likely fall short of what is expected. This is not to say it will suck completely, I mean, i want one. Badly. But that is just me.

The game you're talking about is Assassin's Creed.

Ahhh... yes, Im not very fond of that, or Halo3 either...
But, as said before, have some patience. It'll get here when it gets here...But i live on the East Coast so "when it gets here" may be longer....damn...

#144251 Music

Posted by Philote on 07 March 2008 - 08:30 PM in Off Topic

Music is quite possibly one of the most important things in my life, and I like top keep my ears open. As for bands:

-Led Zeppelin
-Pink Floyd :D
-The Beatles
-The Police
-Primus
-Van Halen
-Pink floyd....they deserve to be on here twice
-Eric Clapton/Cream
-Eric Johnson

#144353 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 08 March 2008 - 06:38 PM in General Nerf

Before making assertions about physics, learn what you're talking about.

Voltage = Current * Resistance

Amps = Amount of Electricity flowing per second

Voltage = potential difference. Aka, the maximum possible output of electricity.

That is why you can be shocked with 355000 volts of electricity, and not die.

Migher amps= More spring compressing power.
More Voltage= Higher rof.

Voltage is how fast the electricity is moving, amps is the amount of electricity, So your gun was having 9 times faster of a curent, but small gun with an already small spring, does not need more amps, the Vulcan (presumably) would. So a balance would need to be found.

Also, 6 D batteries when wired in parallel have a voltage of 9, the same as a single 9v battery. If you are using 3 9 volts, the amps change. I = V/R. 27/R is larger than 9/R.

Let me reiterate: The only thing that is constant in batteries is the VOLTAGE. The resistance and current all depend on the circuit.

One battery does not have more amps than another, since amps depend on the circuit. Please, stop confusing people.

LastManAlive, your pistol started going faster because you added more potential difference to it. AAAA - D batteries all have a potential difference of 1.5V each, just with a different amount of capacitance.

1 Car battery = 12V, current in gun = 12/R

6 D Batteries = 9V, current in gun = 9/R

1 9V Battery = 9V, current in gun = 9/R

That being said, I do not recommend doing anything past 9v on this gun, you don't want the damage the circuits and motor. It will heat up and can eventually break much faster is a larger voltage is used.

eat shit! Any-who I really cant wait for this to come out, and [not sure if this has been said already] would it be possible to link the chains together at the ends?

#144360 Buzzbee Extra Clip Packs

Posted by Philote on 08 March 2008 - 07:14 PM in General Nerf

The same at my Wal-Mart, in fact I bought one today....

#144413 Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Posted by Philote on 09 March 2008 - 10:17 AM in Off Topic

Lucky bastard, i reserved it in August.... now I have to think of some way to get to a Game Stop...

#144418 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 09 March 2008 - 11:18 AM in General Nerf

eat shit! Any-who I really cant wait for this to come out, and [not sure if this has been said already] would it be possible to link the chains together at the ends?

Do you really think any of us know if the chains can link together? None of us own this gun.

Well I'm sorry I don't posses the psychic mid-reading ability that would allow me to know that anyone here couldn't make an accurate guess based on pictures of it, while some people are calculating its RoF with ridiculously complicated algorithms. Sorry to sound like an ass. :mellow:

#144420 Warcraft3

Posted by Philote on 09 March 2008 - 11:48 AM in Off Topic

Just wondering if anyone here plays warcraft III TFT, if so please include username: mine is 1921 on Azeroth.

#144430 Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Posted by Philote on 09 March 2008 - 12:43 PM in Off Topic

Just got it about 30 seconds ago it is really, really, really, really, really, good. By the way, is it me or has link gone through a huge model overhaul?

#144465 Warcraft3

Posted by Philote on 09 March 2008 - 06:41 PM in Off Topic

Dota can kiss my Lvl18 Tauren Chieftains footies playing ass. Footies ftw....

#144560 Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Posted by Philote on 10 March 2008 - 01:04 PM in Off Topic

Samus and Ike are my two favourites, has anyone tried the stage builder yet?

#144623 Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Posted by Philote on 10 March 2008 - 07:25 PM in Off Topic

I believe the best part of this game is the final smash. The first time I cracked it open and my friends and I played on one life stock match, I used Samus's final smash and ended the round in aprox. 10 seconds....Zero Laser :P

#144709 Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Posted by Philote on 11 March 2008 - 01:08 PM in Off Topic

The most annoying thing about Pit is that he cant [size=4]FUCKING[size=1]die. Damn those flying characters,Olimar FTW!

#144861 Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Posted by Philote on 12 March 2008 - 01:06 PM in Off Topic

You know what sucks about Brawl?.......... Nothing. Completely sublime and the graphics are the shizz. Wi-Fi is sweet too, my profile is 1921 I am 3 for 5. Olimar Final Smash FTW!

#144862 East Coast Nerfers, Assemble!

Posted by Philote on 12 March 2008 - 01:09 PM in Nerf Wars

A Mass. war? I'm in! But it depends, my family might be going somewhere then, I'll see. I cant do the 5th-6th or 12th and 13th

#145365 My New Pc

Posted by Philote on 16 March 2008 - 07:36 AM in Off Topic

Apart from costing me an arm, a leg, and my firstborn:

Don't forget your soul, but thats nice, i've wanted a new computer ever since I found out I cant play The Orange Box on a Mac. Oh and all that crap still won't be enough to run Crysis :P
Well, maybe, if it's the only game on your computer.

#145370 Poll: The Maverick

Posted by Philote on 16 March 2008 - 09:15 AM in General Nerf

I've been seeing mixed reviews about mavericks, so now i wonder " Is it worth it?"

EDIT: Also I will be having similar polls in the future on basically anything, in an almost monthly fashion, so heads up

#145453 Poll: The Maverick

Posted by Philote on 16 March 2008 - 07:02 PM in General Nerf

The maverick is a piece of shit... end of story.

Well said Dark Shrimp, anyway I personally think the maverick is average, run-of-the-mill, I would vote but I wouldn't mess with my results.

#145707 Music Pt.1

Posted by Philote on 18 March 2008 - 07:11 PM in Off Topic

Well? Do Ya? I will post answers later. I'll try to think of a reward...... :D

#145797 Music Pt.1

Posted by Philote on 19 March 2008 - 01:12 PM in Off Topic

Thanks sharpie, I should do something about Rush/Zeppelin.
ANSWERS:
1. Empty Spaces: It was replaced with the longer "What Shall we do Now?"
2. You Really Got Me: I believe the Kinks wrote this song.
3. Come Together: "one and one and one is three, gotta be good looking cause he's so hard to see"

Pt. 2 soon to come.
EDIT: Would a Admin. kindly close this topic so people will stop voting after i posted the answers?

#145821 What Nerf Guns Could Be The Crossbows Of The Future?

Posted by Philote on 19 March 2008 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

I agree that the Recon may gain popularity as people figure out more ways to make them "pwntastic" ( slap me if I ever use that word again), on the topic of future crossbows, I wonder if Hasbro has any plans for a new crossbow, that would make my day,or hell, my life.

#145823 What Nerf Guns Could Be The Crossbows Of The Future?

Posted by Philote on 19 March 2008 - 03:11 PM in General Nerf

When I said "Crossbow of the future" I really meant a gun with a similar reputation/demand, not a gun with a physical similarity.

I was aware of this, I was just throwing that out there.

#145857 Music Pt.2

Posted by Philote on 19 March 2008 - 07:06 PM in Off Topic

Here you go music buffs, have at it.

#145865 Music Pt.2

Posted by Philote on 19 March 2008 - 07:53 PM in Off Topic

Id like to answer your question with another question, Why Not? I have no mods to post [yet] so I figured I'd see who knows what about music.

#146113 Sniping

Posted by Philote on 21 March 2008 - 09:20 AM in General Nerf

I myself have been put at the loser position and, as said above I use an Atk3000. It works like a charm, a BBB would also suffice( my friend uses one).

#146669 Extra Itunes Money

Posted by Philote on 24 March 2008 - 04:32 PM in Off Topic

The Wall. I don't believe i need to explain that one.... If you've got money to burn, go for it. Or at least get Brick in the wall pt.2, Hey You, Comfortably Numb, and In the Flesh

#146675 Mav To Nf

Posted by Philote on 24 March 2008 - 05:09 PM in Modifications

Yes, you could find a link somewhere, or you could use the search function. If you've already tried that I'd like to ask the person who did do that: Why? Was it some futile attempt to make the mav.less shitty? Is that possible? If you ever would want to do that, I'd say it would be a complete waste of time. Dark Shrimp said it best in my Poll.
iThe Maverick is a piece of shit...... end of story

#146704 I'm New To Modding.....

Posted by Philote on 24 March 2008 - 06:48 PM in General Nerf

NOT a Longshot. i made that mistake once.....*sniff*. I'm so sorry Jodie...... :mellow:

#146919 I'm New To Modding.....

Posted by Philote on 25 March 2008 - 05:57 PM in General Nerf

I think he gets it, a NF. I still cringe when talking about my LongShot. Seriously, bad idea. I do find that my Nf has a longer range than my Ds even when i modded the both.

#147124 Primary Guns

Posted by Philote on 26 March 2008 - 04:30 PM in General Nerf

My FA24-esque longshot with the modular clip on bottom. Still ironing out the kinks. :ph34r:

#147292 Looking To Do Your First Modification?

Posted by Philote on 27 March 2008 - 04:06 PM in Modifications

Not that I have a problem with these sort of threads, but really. I suppose that if we put enough of theses kind of threads on here people will start to notice them and stop posting stupid "What Mod Should I Do?" threads. Just my thoughts. That will be 1 cent.

#147299 Rf20 Problem

Posted by Philote on 27 March 2008 - 04:40 PM in Modifications

Normally, someone would have already diddled you for not searching, however upon searching myself i found nothing. ON TOPIC: Perhaps there's a problem with the bladder? Have you opened it up yet? Check that and then see what happens.

PS: Air guns and I have a history and I tend not to mess with them, but good luck

#147323 Modding Basics

Posted by Philote on 27 March 2008 - 05:35 PM in Modifications

Why? Why God????? I have nothing else to say here.

#147486 Bbb

Posted by Philote on 28 March 2008 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

With a different PJ,that is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Nice work! :D !
By the way....How 'bout some ranges?
PS: You've given me a reason to use my DTBs.

#148026 Ebrethil

Posted by Philote on 30 March 2008 - 06:51 AM in Modifications

When I first saw this I thought two things: that's awesome and what the hell? It looks kinda awkward, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but you just made an air-powered X-bow??? If so: "Very nice, How much?"-Borat

#148143 Foregrip Longshot W/ Paint + Light

Posted by Philote on 30 March 2008 - 03:49 PM in Modifications

That is simply beautiful. Very nice job. Props :D
On another note: Did you mod anything that might increase the ranges? If so how are the ranges?
I reiterate: Props :D

#148214 Ran Out Of Hot Glue.

Posted by Philote on 30 March 2008 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

Dear god! What did you do to the poor thing! I'm not sure weather or not to throw up or compliment you.
I've decide: Nice job! ;)

#148849 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by Philote on 02 April 2008 - 04:02 PM in General Nerf

My first Nerf gun actually wasn't Nerf brand, it was a Koosh Firestorm. I sold it at a garage sale for $1 with all the ammo-rings...I'm a little mad at my younger self.

I rember it shooting (at an angle) from my door to our shed, which I just messured the other day and its around 95 feet.

Not to be a nit-picker, but technically that wouldn't be your first Nerf gun.

ON TOPIC: My first nerf gun was the Unity Combo thingy..., I still regret getting rid of it.

#148856 Couplered Big Blast

Posted by Philote on 02 April 2008 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

Sorry for the noobish question .....

It's not your question you should be worried about buddy. I'd sleep with one eye open from now on, remember PACO IS WATCHING.....

#150365 New Pictures Of Dark Knight Batman Blaster

Posted by Philote on 10 April 2008 - 01:09 PM in General Nerf

Now when it says "Tri Fire", I'm assuming it means it has three barrels or shoots three kinds of ammo. And, the thing on the back is a priming handle, but is it a pump or a cocking mechanism? Otherwise looks promising, I want one.