Shadowblade's Content

There have been 378 items by Shadowblade (Search limited from 20-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#166943 ?

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 August 2008 - 08:25 PM in General Nerf

I'm not quite sure what you're asking...you mean, how do you get people to notice your post? All of the new posts show up on the home page, most people (if they look) will see it. Hope that answered your question.

Edit: oh, and next time, make your title a little more specific/detailed. I was about to flame you for the title.

#166947 ?

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 August 2008 - 08:30 PM in General Nerf

Oh, sorry. The Haven has an "Awareness" section? I didn't see one/know of one. What do you plan on posting?

They have this: Nerf Product Awareness System in the General Nerf section...you're probably talking about something I've never heard of before...

#167491 Rapid Assult Rifle!

Posted by Shadowblade on 08 August 2008 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

That's pretty awesome!
Questions: 1) Are those stock guns? 2) What are the ranges? 3) Does the integration get in the way of the rfr's priming handle? 4) I can't really tell from the pics, but does the integration block the rfr's clip?

You know, you could make it a bolty with this mod. Cool paintjob as well.

#167568 Stefan Length Poll

Posted by Shadowblade on 09 August 2008 - 10:31 AM in General Nerf

I'm actually experimenting with .75" to 1" stefans right now. I'm loading 3-4 of them into my converted watergun barrel and using it as a shotgun. 2 or 3 of those short stefans also fits into my modded NF, thus converting it into a mini shotgun.

#167733 Nerf Tactics

Posted by Shadowblade on 10 August 2008 - 08:07 AM in General Nerf

Wait...5 on 3? Why don't you just play 4 on 4?

You have some fairly reliable guns (LS, NFs). Maybe you should invest some time in modding your guns more; it would give you more capability on the field.
However, it all comes down to how you play. Takes a little practice to become efficient with a given gun, and different guns play differently. You just have to figure out what works for you.

I'll give you these very basic tips (none of that complicated squad manuevering stuff) that have helped me. These are the meat and potatoes of a good nerfer, in my opinion.
-Communicate, you have teammates for a reason, they can help you and you can help them.
-Pay attention (watch your backside and flanks)
-Aim then shoot, don't spray your ammo uselessly everywhere. Just take a sec to aim first, you'll score more hits that way.
-Move, don't become a sitting duck. Use cover and change positions often to avoid being pindown.

Oh, and by the way, please use capitalization and fix your grammar. A little bit goes a long way. Welcome to the Haven! :)

#167880 The Next Southern War

Posted by Shadowblade on 10 August 2008 - 05:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Zaxbys and I just finished hosting the SouthEast Nerf Outing (SENO) in Augusta in July, and I know Zax does a war up in Clinton, SC (PCNO I think). There are quite a few of us in the Augusta area that nerf. We may host a fall SENO later this year. Be on the look out for a planning thread...

Where the mess is Leecounty?

EDIT: Oh, next to Albany. Sorry, I didn't see your earlier post.

#167888 Nerf Tactics

Posted by Shadowblade on 10 August 2008 - 05:16 PM in General Nerf

Geez, these must be some pretty hardcore 7 yr olds, if you can get surrounded by them. Since we're dealing with unusual targets, I think Oni's advice on letting them come to you is a good idea.

And once again, I'm going to ask that you please watch spelling and grammar. I know I know, why do you care? right? I just looking out for the new people...

#168161 The Next Southern War

Posted by Shadowblade on 11 August 2008 - 04:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, if you're interested, my clan is preparing to host a Fall SENO. Exact date is uncertain, but we're gunning for around Labor Day. I'll have to talk to Zaxbys and his group first to see if they're interested. SENO has no age limit, but please be mature enough to take a hit, because, at the last SENO, there were some pretty hi-power guns out on the field (mine included). I still have a 2-week old welt from Zax's BigBlast. We didn't do any trading, but if a deal comes up, we may do so.

I'm going to let the age thing slide for now....that was weird...

#168227 The Next Southern War

Posted by Shadowblade on 11 August 2008 - 08:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I've heard from Zax, and we think we should wait til October/November (it is a little early to hold another SENO, when the last one was about 2-3 weeks ago...). Hang tight until we come up with an exact date.

#168232 Recon Question

Posted by Shadowblade on 11 August 2008 - 08:36 PM in General Nerf

Good grammar and spelling! Yay, we actually have a few decent new peeps! Welcome to the Haven!
The black piece doesn't affect the range of the recon. Well, at least in my clan's recons. That black piece is just a cover for the plunger arm. The newer recons all have this piece.

Woot. 100 posts.

#168499 Good Primaries

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 August 2008 - 05:11 PM in General Nerf

Oops, sorry about that, I think my pc glitched.

Back on topic: The BBB integrated with the NF seems to be pretty effective, seeing as both are easy to use/mod.

#168883 Season Of Foam

Posted by Shadowblade on 13 August 2008 - 07:40 PM in News

I doubt yall would come down to GA for SENO, but you have us southerners' support. This is awesome. No other way to put it...*sniff* That was the most inspirational nerf news yet....

#168902 Men Of Foam

Posted by Shadowblade on 13 August 2008 - 08:46 PM in Nerf Wars

This is probably the most beautiful personal interpretation of SENO (it sure sounds like it) I've ever heard. It's been an honor serving with you A side and an honor hosting SENO. Until next time we meet. :)

#169183 Any Western Nerf Wars

Posted by Shadowblade on 14 August 2008 - 04:43 PM in Nerf Wars

You know, I was like you for a bit. No one nerfed much in the SE, let alone GA. So I was like: To heck with it, I'll host one myself. So it started off as a small group of friends, and then I found Zaxbys on the Haven, so we played a few local wars. Eventually, we decided to host a large regional war, SENO, which turned out successful. We may even host an encore SENO.

Moral is, don't complain. Get out there, find some friends to play with. Play in the backyard, the house, the park. It doesn't have to be huge, but you gotta get out and start one yourself. Eventually, it may turn into an annual regional war, or even gain legendary status like Apoc.

The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.

#169919 Happy Birthday Vacc And Talio

Posted by Shadowblade on 17 August 2008 - 07:51 AM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday you two!

#170117 Which Longshot?

Posted by Shadowblade on 17 August 2008 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

That green paint job reminds me of Master Chief's armor. I would keep that one (only because I like it :D )

#170274 Titan Rifle Rocket

Posted by Shadowblade on 18 August 2008 - 11:58 AM in Modifications

I can see these being used for scenario-type matches. You know, like nerf tanks or forts, and these would serve as "anti-material" rounds. Good work.

How hard do you think these things hit? Can it go through cardboard? Just wondering, because I want to know if we can allow these at wars.

Edit: these look kinda like those grenades for the M203...
Edit 2: ignore those questions, i didn't see your post about it

#170419 Help A New Member With Gun Ideas

Posted by Shadowblade on 18 August 2008 - 08:17 PM in General Nerf

In addition to what Bomberman mentioned, putting a coupler on your NF, adding a second spring, improving the seal, and plugging the secondary AR is also a good idea. You can drastically increase your NF's range for outdoor use, and it isn't that bad indoors as well (a well modified NF can get between 50 to 70 ft). Everything you need is in the fore-mentioned Modifications Directory ----^

Welcome to the Haven. :lol:

#170453 Help A New Member With Gun Ideas

Posted by Shadowblade on 18 August 2008 - 09:26 PM in General Nerf

What secondary ar? Just keep buying guns and modding them till they suit your needs.

That little piece between the barrel and the plunger tube. Drill a hole in it and plug those three spaces with hot glue...I think it's called the secondary ar, sorry if I used the wrong term for it.

#170685 Bb Mav Done Differently

Posted by Shadowblade on 19 August 2008 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

That is awesome! Clean job as well. It's like an assault BBBB. I would like to see a write-up for this. Good job.

#170770 Runescape

Posted by Shadowblade on 19 August 2008 - 09:36 PM in Off Topic

I used to, then it got boring. I play RF (RisingForce) Online now, it's very much like WoW except completely free. The game is a little more simple but just as beautiful.

#170771 The Most Powerful Longshot In The World (paintball C02)

Posted by Shadowblade on 19 August 2008 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Yeah, NerfCrazy is right, any hi-power gun will destroy stock darts. That's why people usually use heavily-weighted stefans for these guns.

#171044 Model Magic Dart

Posted by Shadowblade on 20 August 2008 - 07:34 PM in Homemades

Does your model magic shrink when it dries? I've tried making pointed long-range darts for my converted watergun but my model magic shrinks slightly when it settles and thus is a little smaller than the barrel. It might be because mine is like three years old, but I just wanted to see if this was a problem elsewhere.

#171054 Model Magic Dart

Posted by Shadowblade on 20 August 2008 - 07:58 PM in Homemades

Haha, alright, I guess that's what happens when you use three-year old model magic.

#171899 How To Modify A Recon.

Posted by Shadowblade on 23 August 2008 - 08:59 PM in Modifications

Um, your pictures aren't...pictures. Haha. You can't just paste them in like that. There's a little "Insert Image" button. That would help us out more.

Edit: Crap, Red Star beat me to it.

#172066 Nerf Law Rocket Launcher (and New Ammo)

Posted by Shadowblade on 24 August 2008 - 04:07 PM in Homemades

What about those oversized stefans that people use for titans? It's made out of pipe insulation I think. There was a write up for these posted recently, but I forgot who did it. I'll post it when I find it.

Edit: Found it, Lt. Stefan did this write up recently. Super Stefans

#172441 Which Barrel

Posted by Shadowblade on 25 August 2008 - 09:25 PM in Modifications

Wait, 90ft flat? What kind of spring did you add to your LS? I can't imagine a non-Angel Breech LS getting that much range...and I second .Z4's suggestion.

#172720 Nerf Armor

Posted by Shadowblade on 26 August 2008 - 09:18 PM in General Nerf

Like everyone said, armor is not a good idea. A tactical vest maybe, I personally use one made out of duct tape and cardboard, but not for the purpose of defense. And believe me, there are plenty of people with anti-armor guns: BBBBs, Titans, converted waterguns to name a few...

#173150 Primary Guns

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 August 2008 - 12:05 PM in General Nerf

Converted watergun for outdoors. "Tactical" LS indoors.

#173210 Anyone Up For Another Seno?

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 August 2008 - 03:43 PM in Nerf Wars

For those who don't know me, I was the co-host of the Summer SENO in Augusta, GA, along with Zaxbys. Since the first SENO went so well, my group would like to host an encore SENO in November. For those who went to SENO, I hope to see some of you again.

It was an honor to see some Georgians and South Carolinians at Summer SENO, and Groove himself came down from Virginia to play with us. Hopefully, we'll see even more out-of-towners this time around.

Now, time to discuss details. I personally don't mind if we play at the elementary school again, but I do have several other potential locations. As to which Saturday, make note that the 29th is Thanksgiving weekend. I have no preference otherwise. After my group gets a good idea of the potential turnout and date and gets in touch with Zaxbys, I will post an official SENO thread. Be on the lookout for that. The Southeast doesn't have enough big wars, so let's make this one to remember.

After voting, please post your name and potential number of guests so I can plan this war. Thanks!

#173276 A New Ls Modification.

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 August 2008 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

Okay, stop necroing the topic. If you have any questions, revert to PM.

DON'T POST ANY MORE ON THIS TOPIC

#173368 Anyone Up For Another Seno?

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 August 2008 - 12:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Judging from the preliminary votes, the date is still contested, although I am starting to lean towards Thanksgiving weekend (29th).

Location vote is in favor of Garrett Elementary right now. I'll get some pics up if someone wants to see it.

I know we have more SE nerfers than this...come on guys/girls, we only have 6 responders??? This is pitiful...

#173670 Nitefinder Custom

Posted by Shadowblade on 30 August 2008 - 12:30 PM in Modifications

Kinda looks like a WWII Lugar.

In fact, some of us call this a luger'd NF. Just throwing that out there...I think the barrel's a little long for a NF, if I recall correctly, a 3-4" barrel is perfect for a NF, any longer may decrease range (due to friction). But who knows, it's your NF. I'll wait for the write-up before giving you any constructive critism...

#173944 "whats That Sweetness?"

Posted by Shadowblade on 31 August 2008 - 05:07 PM in Modifications

the ranges are sweet, but how accurate is it?
can it hit a person at that 100 ft?

I'm sure a lot of hi-power guns can hit people at 100ft, but that is probably just luck. Effective ranges are less than the maximum range, due to quality of dart, wind, etc.

Nice mod Dayko. I need to check the local Target to see if they have these beauties.

#174085 Tour Of The Workshop.

Posted by Shadowblade on 01 September 2008 - 08:34 AM in General Nerf

HOLY MOTHEROFGOD THAT'S A LOT OF NERF GUNS...your workshop is so organized and great video, I loved the music. Can't wait for the next FA24 creation. :unsure:

#174700 Anyone Up For Another Seno?

Posted by Shadowblade on 03 September 2008 - 12:07 PM in Nerf Wars

@Groove: haha, that's okay. We know you'll be with us in spirit. :)

@rork: I remember someone having a SNAP (or maybe it was a SNAP with a +bow frame) at the last SENO. Other than that, I don't recall seeing any other homemades, but feel free to bring it. Guns will be judged on a case-by-case basis, majority vote, so bring a backup primary just in case. The only thing we DO ban is singled titans.

I'm liking the responses here. Hopefully we'll have a few female nerfers as well (woot). I have narrowed the two possible dates to Nov. 22 and Nov. 29 (Thanksgiving weekend), but a final decision will come at the end of this month, so hang tight people. SENO is going to kick @$$...again. Pics of Garrett Elementary on the way...

#174731 Anyone Up For Another Seno?

Posted by Shadowblade on 03 September 2008 - 04:09 PM in Nerf Wars

AH HAHA! COUPLES NERF! You should definitely bring her so that I have a female to play with. Please please please.

--mistressofdarkness12-
aka Erin

I'm fairly sure there are a few nerf couples. If I still had a girlfriend, I'd bring her too. But that's beside the point...

Back on topic, I am 99.99% sure we will be able to nerf at Garrett. That is my group's home field (about half of the clan lives within ten minutes of it) and we've nerfed there numerous times. As long as we clean up after ourselves and avoid destroying anything, we'll be ok. I have several secondary locations in the event that we can't use the school.

The only thing I'm afraid of is public facilities, I'm not sure if the school gym will be open on Saturday for us to use restrooms, water fountains, etc. Last SENO, this wasn't a problem however, as long as you don't mind using a bush or whatever haha. If this is a problem for anyone, just PM me and I'll see what I can do. Some of you will be coming in from out of town, so I'll see to it that your only worry is avoiding a headshot from my sni.per watergun :)

@rork: Haha, that's fine. I'd like to see the SNAPbow in action anyways. Just as long as you're not packing a nerf howitzer...

#174992 Ls Longer Barrel Mod

Posted by Shadowblade on 04 September 2008 - 08:05 PM in Modifications

yes, what i want is to probably take the muzzel off, and attach an end PVC pipe 1/2" for looks possibly, and accuaracy

Okay, I already commented on your capitalization and grammar on the FBR thread, so I'm just going to shutup and let the forces that be take care of that.

One. You might as well and angel breech your LS.
Two. Adding that longer PVC barrel will decrease your accuracy. A good majority of the darts will catch the lip and fishtail. The barrel must fit the dart, unlike the stock barrel which actually has a bigger diameter than the darts. 1/2" PVC isn't going to help at all...
Three. If you want to go for looks, then do a cool paintjob on it.

#175007 Ls Longer Barrel Mod

Posted by Shadowblade on 04 September 2008 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

If you searched you would have found it. There is a Search button in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Forsaken_angel24's angel breech is a brass breech that allows the LS to fire stefans, and gives your gun more range and accuracy. HOWEVER, if you are new to modding (as I sense you are...) you should try modding an easier gun, like a Nitefinder.

But whatever you say, here's the link to angel breech. NerfHaven and the members of the nerfing community cannot be blamed for the destruction of your gun if you should attempt this mod and fail. You have been warned.

Edit: CS beat me to it.

#175269 Anyone Up For Another Seno?

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 September 2008 - 09:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Whoa whoa, guys, chill. She was joking Myster, and this a war planning thread, not an arena. Take that to PM.

Back on track, restrooms are not a major problem, so I will deal with that problem when it arises. But first, we still have to decide a date. Everything is narrowed down to Nov. 22 or 29. Choose.