xXD3V1LXx's Content

There have been 165 items by xXD3V1LXx (Search limited from 11-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#352540 noobs strayven overhaul no imrs or lipos

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 31 March 2016 - 04:36 PM in Modifications

image.jpeg

Get that bondo out

image.jpeg

That little dot is all the hardener you need.

Now apply the bondo. Go as heavy as you please just know you have to sand it down afterwords.
image.jpeg

Sand it down paint it and you are all ready to go. I'll post mine once I am done painting it.

I put this in the main thread, please edit it next time and add onto the original post.

#354858 Non-responsive Trigger!!

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 07 July 2016 - 05:57 PM in General Nerf

It is most likely a blown micro switch. I suggest soldering in a new 15amp micro switch if you will be replacing it anyways.

#349349 New York Long Island Nerf group

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 28 October 2015 - 09:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys as you are reading this post you obviously read the name. I am currently looking to make a New York nerf clan.

The requirements are as followed:

Must be able to attend Long Island wars
Must be 12 or older
You must know how to modify a nerf gun (not like crazy mods but just a simple one)
Must be active on forum
Must have atleast 2 forms of communication (email, this forum, phone number, etc.)
Must be able to upload a picture of atleast one mod you have done
Can be serious but also funny
No loser status bs
No 1337 bs

Thank you for reading requirements and here is the form to fill out:

Name: (first only)
Forms of communication: (don't actually write your email here)
One piece of YOUR work:
Spring or Flywheel:

Thank you for reading thanks!

#349412 New York Long Island Nerf group

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 02 November 2015 - 09:08 PM in Nerf Wars

There aren't that many LI Nerfers unfortunately, and a lot of the Nerf "clans" consist of a group of friends that all happen to Nerf. Last time I attended a NENO in Connecticut, I loaded up my car with 4 friends and turned it into a day trip, because, at the time, I had blasters to spare. It's like being in a biker gang except your bikes are little Toy's R Us bikes with training wheels still attached and pokemon cards stuck in the spokes.

I'm not at all saying it cannot be done, but have realistic expectations. The Frozen Foam I held last year was the first NIC war on LI in I think half a decade, probably longer. So the numbers are few but I've been trying to reignite the fire for a while now.

That cool. I also saw you are a famous youtuber, I was actually just about to go on YouTube and look you up. Also if you are I am a small nerf youtuber and decent at mods maybe we can do a mod switch. Sorry if this is going a bit off topic

#354659 nerf styrfe mod questions

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 29 June 2016 - 07:09 AM in Modifications

You can use a different lipo but not the motors those are not 130 sizemotors.

#355241 Nerf guns you've never heard of

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 27 July 2016 - 09:47 PM in General Nerf

Vacuum loading can be fixed very easily. If you take a roofing nail and measure the nail to stretch from one side of the back of the wye to the other you nail it in, cut it down flush and than add goop. You will probably want to either lay the wye outside for 24 hours or cover it in duct tape as the smell is horrible and is not good for you. This will keep tje seal and no longer allow for vacuum loading. Make sure it is out of the way of the darts path though or it could affect the hoppering reliability.

#353256 Musket Homebuild.

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 05 May 2016 - 08:49 AM in Homemades

So I have two main questions for this design. First off where is the trigger? It looks great but isn't the trigger on 15th century muskets prominent. Speaking of cosmetics to make it look more like the time try adding a fake bayonet. Second of all why don't you put in a [k25]-[k26] and make it a plunger rod system instead of a direct push. This will make it a lot more "a((urate" and make the ball shoot a bit further. I am pretty sure muskets fired farther than 15 feet.

#352988 MN Spring 2016 Nerf War

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 23 April 2016 - 04:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Hopper or clip fed.

#355074 Midsummer Mech-Out 7.16.16

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 18 July 2016 - 06:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey van its ok for the point blanking i got you back anyways. Let me know how the pcsr turns out... I would love to one v one you with pcsrs at apoc.

#354227 Midsummer Mech-Out 7.16.16

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 15 June 2016 - 12:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Expect a plus one or two from me. Most likely two.

#355053 Midsummer Mech-Out 7.16.16

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 17 July 2016 - 05:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys loved the war

Pro
-Recking people in wingman with my three man team
-Van having an eslt for me to borrow
-badass ctf rounds
-fucking ffa
-Point blanking van
-Candy
-meeting new nerfers

Cons
- THE FUCKING HEAT
- getting point blanked by van
- not being able to use my acc darts
-loosing my acc darts
-Vans eslt never fucking hoppering

Loved the war 8/8 thanks for hosting chris!!!!

#353993 Midsummer Mech-Out 7.16.16

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 05 June 2016 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Ill be able to make this. Hey maybe my mom will play again. I will have my pcsr by then hopefully!

#355354 Michigan Nerf Wars

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 04 August 2016 - 08:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Montymarks super stock is a class of blasters where people modify or juat use stock blasters. You said you mod well you better be good if it is super SUPER stock.

#353017 Massachussetts Nerfers?

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 24 April 2016 - 05:24 PM in Nerf Wars

You are obviously new here, looking at how you started your post. This isn't texting "!!!!" Isn't how we speak on here. But besides my rant this upcoming Sunday is Neno in ct a war filled with great people like snoopdoggydoge and Aeromech please check the thread out. Also please look around for wars before posting.

#355869 Machined PCSR Write-Up

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 20 September 2016 - 10:22 AM in Homemades

So i have messed around with my machined pcsr a bunch and i have found some very problematic issues with it in the catch area. This can be blaster-breaking if not properly taken care of and can be quite hard to find the problem if you are not aware of it. So i hope the mods let me post this... so first off the screw that connects the fulcrum that pushes the catch up and the aluminum rod that is what connects the trigger and catch realease has to be loosened after every few hundred shots as it tightens up and doesnt let you release the catch. Another way to fix it is put a heavier spring on it. Another problem is having the catch spring get caught in the catch allignment plate. To fix this put the spring at the top of the screw every few hundred shots or put a locking washer to stop it from going down.

#352510 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 29 March 2016 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

Van were you using flywheels or sprinters to test accuracy because with one wrap of etape on a flywheel and running it on a 2-3s lipo (9-12 volts) you will be shooting koosh at a pretty tight group from 10 ft away...

#352514 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 29 March 2016 - 09:21 PM in General Nerf

Hmm do you mind sending me a link i would love to try those out. Also van (this is unrelated) is Neno mostly NIC like frozen foam or is super stock still a thing because I'm debating whether or not to hook up a 2s to my strayven and put falcon 130s in it.

#352505 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 29 March 2016 - 03:55 PM in General Nerf

"Accuracy" your never gonna get that in nerf the best you can get is an overhauled stryfe with koosh darts. To be honest nerf=no accuracy!

#352629 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 05 April 2016 - 06:13 PM in General Nerf

What I was think is a 1.5 in diameter pvc tube cut in half and put a pool noodle cut down the middle over that and drill a couple holes in the Zeus to string it on there or use hot glue and epoxy.

#353442 Looking for Ideas for my next mod set

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 13 May 2016 - 05:48 AM in Modifications

You are not going to sell anything on etsy until you can do expert mods and great paintjobs. Sorry to be a downer but trust me unless you can show high quality work it wont sell.

#349775 Let's make a crossbow reshell

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 01 December 2015 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

Hey guys so almost all serious nerfers want another Kenner nerf crossbow. So hey I think that if we can put a list of designs get some people to make some models and get all the insides working well, we might be able to get it. Even if we don't which probably will happen we can still make 3D designs for it and print them. If we make some nice designs and bring them to the nerf company we might get it.

Please post any and all pictures of modded or painted crossbows, and if you have pictures of the internals please put those in too.

I will start with mine a hoppered crossbow.

image.jpg

#352748 Koosh Vortex Tornado Scans (Now a shell replica concept thread)

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 12 April 2016 - 04:39 PM in Homemades

To be honest I think an oak crossbow would look so cool stained and coated. You can always reinforce the internals with copper plates like drac did on the Lilith. If it only cost you like 300$ for the tools the wood is extremely accessible I'm pretty sure if you would be able to get a ton of money from crossbow fans to make wood shells with copper reinforcements and would probably pay you back after 3 or 4 crossbows.

#352734 Koosh Vortex Tornado Scans (Now a shell replica concept thread)

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 12 April 2016 - 09:39 AM in Homemades

A would crossbow would be really cool. I'm thinking use like blood oak or something because they tend to withstand a lot of pressure so the spring won't break it.

#352318 Integration Materials

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 20 March 2016 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

Pvc glue also works but personally I'm a bondo guy. Also I was thing the Raylus

#352326 Integration Materials

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 20 March 2016 - 06:42 PM in Modifications

Use my noobs guide for as far as I got on the strayven overhaul its easy to follow

#352305 Integration Materials

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 20 March 2016 - 08:25 AM in Modifications

I have been working on an integration guide I'll have it up later today wait for that

#352986 Hyperfire First look and easy mod guide

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 23 April 2016 - 04:00 PM in General Nerf

Thank you for the internal pictures they help a lot. This is very interesting how it works. I love the way the lock for the jam door works.

#353202 Homemade Crazy, Complex, and Pointless Designs

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 02 May 2016 - 10:01 PM in Homemades

I am working on put estes C class rockets into small nerf footballs than putting fins on it and drilling holes so when the parachute charge goes off the darts fly out. Basically a nerf mortar.

#353035 High torque 130 motors.

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 25 April 2016 - 12:09 PM in Modifications

Apparently you can't read either rm2 and gm-2 are different

Well, at least one of you can't read. Possibly both. But neither of those solutions meet the criteria the OP was requesting.

#349475 High torque 130 motors.

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 08 November 2015 - 05:35 PM in Modifications

I have an idea for a completely separated pusher/flywheel setup and I want high torque motors for the flywheels that do not require shell cutting. It doesn't really need rpm as it will be running on a much higher voltage than the front motors. I also know that I posted a similar thread a while ago, but that was for the most all out motors available. What I want is some purely torque motors that do not require shell cutting and need to be able to withstand high(er) voltages.

At 9.6 volts the solarbotics gm2 motors are amazing but at 6 volts don't even bother

#353004 Help with a concept for an easy selector switch rapidstrike

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 24 April 2016 - 06:54 AM in Modifications

Hey it is better than nothing don't beat yourself up. I can't wait to get one setup for Neno ordering mtb rhinos for it. Also I don't really understand the wiring diagram?

How would I set this time to .3 seconds and use a button to control it? http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B00VFUG3KK

#352991 Help with a concept for an easy selector switch rapidstrike

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 23 April 2016 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

Do you have a switch like that on an English website?

#352824 Help in the Austin Area with a Rapid Strike Mod

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 16 April 2016 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

Rhino motors are not from the rhino fire so I can tell you are new. Go on google and look up make test battle than go to the store and get rhino motors

#349158 Hasbro's Homemades: A look at prototypes from the Nerf design team

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 17 October 2015 - 07:15 PM in News

Am I the only one looking at the elite styled hammershot and wishing they would actually make it? It looks like the perfect cross between the hammershot and the sweet revenge.

Yea I want it too!

#350339 Hammershot not rotating properly

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 31 December 2015 - 08:39 AM in Modifications

Show the back of the barrel sometimes when clipping out the ars a bump of plastic will pop up just sand it down till it is flat

#349061 Halo 4 DMR Working Replica WIP

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 13 October 2015 - 04:25 AM in Modifications

Hey,very cool idea. Kind of reminds me of the BR I did some time ago. Sorry for the bunk photo, the blaster is in storage and this is the only one I have of it at the moment. And yes, you definitely want to use a Nitron scope. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the finished product. (On the right)Posted Image

Thanks dude it should be done this weekend, than it is time to make the helmet

#349092 Halo 4 DMR Working Replica WIP

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 14 October 2015 - 05:50 AM in Modifications

I wish. I'm just giving you something to use for reference.

Oh, well actually I'm cutting out the entire front portion except for the rim at the bottom to make halo 3 e.v.a. Armor.

#349045 Halo 4 DMR Working Replica WIP

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 12 October 2015 - 12:33 PM in Modifications

Currently I am working on a halo project for my Halloween costume.
What I needed:
1 Flashlight about 2.5 inches long
1 Modified nerf rayven so the wiring does not go through the bottom of the handle
1 Barrel extension
Epoxy
1 Nerf Vortex Nitron Scope
Batteries

Tools:
Soldering Gun
Screw Driver
Some buckets to mix epoxy
Epoxy brushes and scalpels
Band Saw

Step 1
Unscrew the barrel extension and take out inside barrel.
Unscrew Rayven.
Step 2
Remove locks and move wiring to upper part of the handle.
Step 3
NOT REQUIRED
Modify battery pack to use 9 volts
Posted Image
Step 4(BAND SAW TIME!!!)
Cut out lower portion of blaster handle.
Posted Image
Step 5
Fill in holes!!!!! Using epoxy.
Step 6
Take the barrel that you took out of the barrel extension
Hotglue it in the blaster's front. Make sure not to use a lot of glue because it does melt the plastic in high quantities (I learned this the hard way). Do one pull of the hot glue gun trigger at a time and wait for it to dry in between.
Step 7
Put some epoxy onto the barrel in a cone shape where it connects to the gun. This will act as a barrel re-enforcement so it does not break or come off as easy. It still does break easy so if you are a serious nerfer you may not want to bring it to a war otherwise it will get destroyed!
Posted Image
Step 8
Attaching the Light is easy all you do is prop it up with clay so it is at the height of the barrel
Put epoxy on the barrel and attach it to the light.
Posted Image

Stay tuned for more steps as I have not made it farther than this.

Here is a Halo 4 DMR for reference.

Posted Image

#349076 Halo 4 DMR Working Replica WIP

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 13 October 2015 - 07:00 PM in Modifications

Make ODST armor.

Posted Image

Woah is that urs?

#349050 Halo 4 DMR Working Replica WIP

Posted by xXD3V1LXx on 12 October 2015 - 02:40 PM in Modifications

I'd have used a Recon/Retal barrel extension for extra reinforcement.

Oh Ok Thanks for the info!!!