Let's make a crossbow reshell

Crossbow reshell

3 replies to this topic

#1 xXD3V1LXx

xXD3V1LXx

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:06 PM

Hey guys so almost all serious nerfers want another Kenner nerf crossbow. So hey I think that if we can put a list of designs get some people to make some models and get all the insides working well, we might be able to get it. Even if we don't which probably will happen we can still make 3D designs for it and print them. If we make some nice designs and bring them to the nerf company we might get it.

Please post any and all pictures of modded or painted crossbows, and if you have pictures of the internals please put those in too.

I will start with mine a hoppered crossbow.

image.jpg
A quote from Ice Nine
"Use the golden rule: Don't be a dick."

NERF On
-Devil

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:15 PM

No.

http://nerfhaven.com...rossbow-thread/

http://nerfhaven.com...ntjob-pictures/

This whole forum is for posting your homemade designs. You don't need to post a thread about posting homemade designs, especially if you don't have one to post yourself.  That leaves a photo of a modded crossbow, which belongs in the modification and paintjobs thread linked above. When you have a working design, or even a specific question about a not-working design, feel free to post it. 

Hasbro doesn't want your designs, and they aren't going to re-release the '95 Crossbow.  Other people have tried to make their own crossbow shells and failed because making a functional copy of an injection molded shell is actually pretty hard, and there just isn't enough demand to motivate anyone with the means to do it.  Crossbows aren't even really that sought-after, it's just a few people with more money than brains that drive up the prices. 

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:48 PM

Also, that's not even a hopper, it's an RSCB. Also, your barrel system has a ton of dead space, too short of a barrel and honestly is terrible (some of your other stuff is nice though). A proper crossbow IMO should have a speedloader or breech, especially when you're dealing with a plunger volume and air seal that isn't too great compared to the potential of a replacement one. 

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#4 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:43 AM

The insides of a crossbow have been long replicated, and even surpassed, by the homemades on this forum. The shell is trickier, the best way to replicate that would be to build a +Bow, Rainbow or SNAP with a really nice stock/grip setup. Traditional gun stock carving methods in either wood or plastic would be the best and cheapest way to go for one that closely resembles and feels like the crossbow - you can't afford injection molding for a new shell, and 3d printing something that large isn't cheap or easy either. I do not know stock carving methods well enough to explain them; I'd just cut out a shape I liked and then file/sand it down until it felt right as in the Mark-8 writeup.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crossbow, reshell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users