MysticFalcon182's Content

There have been 256 items by MysticFalcon182 (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#151801 The New Shall Replace The Old

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 18 April 2008 - 03:57 AM in Off Topic

Whoa... What the fuck are you doing back here?

Nice to see you're still around.

~ompa

Haha hey ompa, great to see you're still here. :D

I think about last week, I was on one of the forums I frequent nowadays, and a topic about Nerf came up; I linked the topic creator to NH, and decided to pop up here and poke around. I'm poor as hell right now, and nobody Nerfs in my immediate area, so I doubt I'll start up again. <_<

The BBB's are at target, 20 bucks and they come with 6 red arrows. Pretty sweet, huh?

Man, I wish I had some money...I'd like to go out and buy a gun and mod it again. I wonder where my old SM5K went. :(

Anyways, uh, sorry about the off topic-ness (on the Off Topic forum, hehe). I'll leave. :ph34r:

#151233 The New Shall Replace The Old

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 15 April 2008 - 01:15 AM in Off Topic

I did mention rarity for a reason why some people favor older guns, but thank you for your insight anyway. Any comments are appreciated.

Hmm, must've missed it when I read the topic.

Uhm you do know that BBB's are in stores. Hasbro re released them .

I wasn't aware of that, but now I am. :P

I haven't played in many years.

#150176 The New Shall Replace The Old

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 09 April 2008 - 12:31 AM in Off Topic

I merely skimmed the replies (I tried my best! :P ), and I don't know if this has been covered.

Rarity.

The older guns are simply rarer. It's far more appealing to whip out dual LnLs in the middle of a battle merely because they're far more sought-after than, say NiteFinders. A BBB or SM5k is so much sexier because they're far rarer than guns that we can purchase today by walking into Wal-Mart and dropping a few bills.

Think about it - why restore that '67 Mustang that you spent hour upon hour trying to merely find? It's desirable. It represents years long past, and this is appealing. Kids may walk into the dealership and have their parents buy them a brand new car, but having something from the past just hits that spot, and that feeling is just so unique..

#66014 Pick An MP3 Player

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 17 October 2005 - 04:31 PM in Off Topic

An iRiver beats any product Apple could come out with, hands down. Better quality product. iPods aren't even actual MP3 players.

Besides, why be the same?

Mine:
Posted Image

#61189 A Nerf Video Game

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 05 August 2005 - 01:34 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, I kinda died for a while, then decided to poke around the forums a bit.

#61155 Nerf On Wikipedia

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 04 August 2005 - 11:51 PM in General Nerf

It's not just the Four Horsemen or the current Nerf veterans...

You have to remember the old moderators and contributors of old NerfOnline; Sniper5000 comes to mind as laying out many plans for homemades, along with Evil Angel and his crew (wow, it's been a while...).

#61154 A Nerf Video Game

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 04 August 2005 - 11:49 PM in Off Topic

In my honest opinion, a Nerf-based RTS (real time strategy) game would be best, followed by some sort of shooter.

When you come to think of it, Nerfing isn't just about your skills as an individual, but very often in team games, it tests your skills as a team, practicing teamwork and team maneuvers and strategies.

An RTS would show the qualities and advantages/disadvantages of each commonly-used Nerfing position, while allowing you to exercise strategies that are viable in-game, things that cannot be done in your standard shooter, and many of which cannot be done even in team-based shooters (Tom Clancy games, Rainbow Six comes to mind).

A Nerf-based Starcraft map wouldn't be too hard to make; I could probably make one in a day's worth of gaming/computer usage and have it up if anyone wishes to see one made.

#60476 Rare Darts

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 29 July 2005 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

IIRC, the ones I had with my SM500 (500, not 5000) back in the day were black foam with pink tips.

Great darts. Lost/crushed most of them though.

#60342 Does Anyone Happen To Have A Screenshot Or...

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 27 July 2005 - 02:23 PM in Off Topic

...anything that showed the forums from way back on NerfOnline before the NO-XForums merger?

I'd appreciate it greatly... A screenshot image would work, maybe a saved page of the forums?

#47961 NO Returns... Again?

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 24 February 2005 - 06:12 PM in General Nerf

I miss good ol' NerfOnline. T_T

#45841 Nerf Gun In Toy M16 Case?

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 10 January 2005 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

Quite an idea, and I've thought of it too... The main problem (next to getting the guns) is somehow fitting the innards of the Nerf gun into the shell... I think the pump (and a hole for it) would be quite hard to fit and keep snug...

#45840 Hmmm, I Might Come Back To Nerf...

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 10 January 2005 - 04:23 PM in Off Topic

Now, could anyone fill me in on what's happened while I was away? (NH-wise and Nerf-wise generally)...

I'm considering either coming back to Nerf, Paintball, or both...after sitting away idling, and being stupid and spending most of my time on the damn waste of time called school...

Looks like Ompa's made some progress, and I see Cx has worked abit, too... I'll browse around...

#33096 Stefan Dart Maker

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 04 August 2004 - 10:19 AM in Homemades

Hey, if this works, I'll get back into Nerf again! ^_^

The reason I quit Nerf was because I was too lazy to make Stefans <_<

#32975 !1

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 03 August 2004 - 01:02 AM in Modifications

How... Innovative.

#32303 Medieval Weapons

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 25 July 2004 - 11:55 PM in Homemades

The LARP in my area has banned Nerf bows and crossbows :o

#29525 What Do You Do With Your Liquitron Gauge?

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 25 June 2004 - 10:37 AM in General Nerf

Drink the fluid... Not really... ^_^

#29522 New Stefen Tip

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 25 June 2004 - 10:29 AM in Homemades

No, the thing that really hurts is the dried hot glue on the tip of your dart... The FBR wouldn't hurt as much, but the amount of FBR you'd need to stop pain on impact is enough to throw the dart off-balance.

#26496 Time

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 18 May 2004 - 09:03 PM in Off Topic

For those of you who haven't read Timeline, here is Crichton's theory:
New universes are constantly being split, and each 'slice' of universe is a part in time. We are the only ones moving, Time is constantly still. The idea for time paradoxes is that it's impossible. Because the event has already happened, if you end up back in time, say...you kill your father. Will you not be alive? Yes, but only in the universe that ends up splitting off from the one that you just killed your father in. Because the universes keep splitting, you are unaffected because YOUR universe has already taken place, and you are already born. Oof...I hope that's not too confusing.
-AirApache

Actually, this was the type of idea I was aiming for when posting back in Cxwq's topic on the other forum ^_^

Anyways... Really, there are "frames" of time, infinitely going on and on... Each 1/infinite'th of a second would be a frame.... Thus, it takes you infinite frames to read each word...

That confuses me too; I understand it perfectly (as far as I know), but I can't explain it well. Besides, English was my second language, thus... You get it.

As for you, Vortex... How are we "not up to time travel yet" in the future? The future will extend until the end of life, the universe, and everything... Thus, do we figure out time travel before the <b>end</b>?

Which, also... Brings up something else, if you ask me... <b>Do human beings and any other intelligent organisms perish before time travel is able to be done?</b> :w00t:

~Mystic~

#26147 Time

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 13 May 2004 - 10:23 PM in Off Topic

*Needs to stop playing Diablo*

There are numerous movies that touch upon such a subject, including The One (Jet Li)... I won't bring this stuff up right now,

~Mystic~

#25867 New Valve, Easy Semi-auto Homemade?

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 11 May 2004 - 03:45 PM in Homemades

Who's Taiwanese? ^_^

~Mystic~

#25856 Time

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 11 May 2004 - 02:05 PM in Off Topic

I forgot about editing ^_^

Anyways... Obviously these methods of time travel are impossible, at least for now... How do you know that sometime in the future, we'd be able to assemble things that are equal to the mass of Juipiter? :blink:

~Mystic~

#25821 Time

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 10 May 2004 - 09:10 PM in Off Topic

Also, when going back in time, do not - repeat - do not kill your parents before you are born. Wired takes no responsibility for parallel universes in which you find yourself trapped for eternity.

Hahaha... Best.article.evar!

Sorry.

~Mystic~

Edit: Nothing productive to say at the moment... Perhaps sleep will help. G'night all.

#25820 Time

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 10 May 2004 - 09:04 PM in Off Topic

Not if there were other black hoes pulling on the machines, negating the force of the one being created!!!!1!!11!one!1!

Yummy...

Makes me think of things :o

Like my last name
:ph34r:

~Mystic~

#25819 Time

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 10 May 2004 - 09:02 PM in Off Topic

[Delete]

#25756 Time

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 09 May 2004 - 10:10 PM in Off Topic

Time... A very weird and confusing matter. I'm not even going to get further into it...

...Because our "hijacked" topic was stopped, this'll be here.

First off, is time travel possible? If it is, then why aren't we overrun by time travelers from the future? Two possibilities (I forgot the third)...
1. They're hiding among us
2. Time travel just isn't possible

Feel free to discuss... Hm, I should stop playing so much Diablo II and start studying these things.

~Mystic~

#25625 Time

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 06 May 2004 - 04:14 PM in News

Darn.

I was in my house on Saturday; sleeping.

~Mystic~

#25592 Alone

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 05 May 2004 - 10:03 PM in General Nerf

Heh... I can't get rides and they always pop up on dates when I'm busy (the wars).

~Mystic~

#25591 Time

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 05 May 2004 - 10:01 PM in News

turn into a grinning penis

Great Scott! Let's try to keep this thread on topic...

Whoa... Did I really say that?

*Looks at Cxwq*

Whoops... :mellow:

~Mystic~

#25506 Small Soldiers

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 03 May 2004 - 10:59 PM in General Nerf

I don't like editing my posts...

...The SM500, IMO, is the best Nerf sidearm you can get in power. Around 70' properly modded, if not, more.

SM5K, is obviously, an ultra-good loser rifle. 100' or more flat.

~Mystic~

#25503 Small Soldiers

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 03 May 2004 - 10:57 PM in General Nerf

Ah, yes... They are both remakes of the SM500 and SM5K.

I am one of the few remaining active Nerfers (am I the only one now?) who owns an SM500... Easily modded; it was my first gun and mod. The SM5K mod, obviously, is here.

~Mystic~

#25502 Alone

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 03 May 2004 - 10:54 PM in General Nerf

I've been into nerf for three years and I've never been in a nerf war. All I can do is shoot my guns in my alley. No one is really into that around here, so I'm hoping that more of my friends will get into airsoft.

Same here... I pwned all my friends though, and they became assholes, so I don't hang out with them anymore...

Central NJ here.

#25500 Age

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 03 May 2004 - 10:51 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

~Mystic~

Edit: Yes, you, tanner.

#25289 Time

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 01 May 2004 - 12:31 AM in News

turn into a grinning penis

Great Scott! Let's try to keep this thread on topic...

#24491 My At3k

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 18 April 2004 - 10:43 PM in Modifications

It's glad to know that I'm not the only one who saves up random things because they look cool. :nugget:

Good job! ^_^

~Mystic~

^_^

#24488 Nerf Or Nothing Ii

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 18 April 2004 - 10:41 PM in General Nerf

Tex,

How far does your expertise in programming extend? Post a limit or something; I find an attempt to make "bullet time" in a simple video game would be strenous and hard to do... And what language will this be programmed in?

And, of course, good luck. :nugget:

~Mystic~

#24420 What Browser Do You Use?

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 16 April 2004 - 10:57 PM in Off Topic

Firefox > Netscape > IE
Dunno about the other ones...

~Mystic~

#24419 13 And Up?

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 16 April 2004 - 10:47 PM in General Nerf

I was around 11 when I started posting on message boards, including NerfOnline and NerfCenter... I mean, if you're smart. Blah.

No intelligent stuff from me today.

~Mystic~

#24299 The History Of Nerf

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 14 April 2004 - 11:15 PM in General Nerf

56k + WayBack Machine = Wait
*Waits*
Actually, I can get hold of Goo and Hal pretty quickly, come to think of it...
*Waits*

Urgh, I'll try tomorrow on DSL.

Anyways, perhaps I should get around to going to a Nerf war..
^_^

~Mystic~

#24134 Got Off My Lazy Ass

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 13 April 2004 - 12:57 AM in Off Topic

Diablo > Starcraft

Ahem... I'll AIM you; I need a CD-Key though; any to spare? ^_^

I've made a Nerf map or two in my days of glorious map-making. I actually did a revision and modification of one of the Matrix defense games; maybe it's still out there.

I have a few good maps myself. You're making me think too much; I want to make a Nerf map too.

~Mystic~

#24133 Nerf Homemade Automatic

Posted by MysticFalcon182 on 13 April 2004 - 12:54 AM in Homemades

I'm kinda short on time, so I wasn't able to read through the other posts... But...

In my opinion, the biggest flaw with a completely homemade automatic Nerf gun is the parts. You need very precise parts and fittings in many cases, which we simply cannot make up for, like O-rings, bolts, moving pieces, and anything of the like.

Just sharing my difficulties in making homemades ^_^

~Mystic~