MattPaintballer's Content

There have been 333 items by MattPaintballer (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#45269 Tracer Dart

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 January 2005 - 03:10 AM in Modifications

I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but you can get glow in the dark hot glue from HotStik for $5.75 per pound. It's at the very bottom. 'Nuff said.

#46651 Stefan Darts

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 January 2005 - 05:38 PM in Homemades

I did something pretty cool with darts. I used fishing line and tied two darts together (I made a loop with the string, and put it in the pointy end of pin, then glued the pin in). I put one dart in a gun, ant let the other stephan hang down, then shot. You need a fairly strong gun. The bullets will spin around in a circle.

Whoa whoa whoa. Don't do that, it's dangerous. Seriously, the darts could wrap around someone's neck. I know this is pretty improbable, but don't take a chance.

Edit: I think they might be fun and cool and stuff, just not for wars. But they're like numchuck darts :ph34r:!

"I've got all your equipment in my locker, you should come get it some time 'cause I can't fit my numchucks in there anymore."

-Napoleon, from Napoleon Dynamite

I just had to do that...

#53304 Your Ride?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 April 2005 - 11:43 PM in Off Topic

1. Rollerblade TRS Access, trying to get new wheels (preferrably Cozmos)

2. Haro bike, green and can't remember the model name

3. JD Razor, green handle grips and wheels

4. NSS shoes

If I ever get a car, I'm getting a Toyota Prius. I'm sorry but $2.57 per gallon is just WAY too much, but 70 miles per gallon should keep the costs down.

#53376 Your Ride?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 April 2005 - 05:38 PM in Off Topic

I have a ghetto car for now.

A red 88'  Ford Crown Victoria LX edition.

Aren't Crown Victorias used for police cruisers sometimes? I didn't think they were available to the public :D.

Edit: Oh, and Jakethesnake, Bushy is "hooked up." He knows some people in the oil business and they are helping each other (and lying to our country) and that's why the gas prices are so high. It's extremely deceitful, and I'm EXTREMELY ashamed that guy was elected in the first place, and even more ashamed he was re-elected.

Edit2:

Julie drives an '05 Prius completely loaded with bluetooth

Pardon the stupidity, but what's bluetooth?

#53498 Your Ride?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 25 April 2005 - 07:08 PM in Off Topic

In coherence with this topic:
Bush is meeting with a Saudi prince (you'd be suprised that the Saudi's are the richest people in the world) to try to lower gas prices.

What has our country come to? Complete deceit, that's what. You can't listen to everything you hear on the news, you have to find out what they are saying and then get another opinion. Then you can form your own opinion and that's when you realize things. The only way we can lower gas prices is if we raise taxes. You know how Bush has been lowering taxes and then sending you checks? It's bull. Complete bull. It makes you think you're getting more money but you're not. You end up paying more than you would with higher taxes because the lower taxes are causing extreme side effects.

And cars, well the only way I would ever modify my car is to run on something other than gas. That would be the shiznat. When I get a car, I'm gonna buy some bumper stickers for it. I like bumper stickers. I like reading them. Does anybody know if it's possible to make your own bumper stickers? That would be awesome, because I've seen many that I would like but I've never seen bumper stickers for sale anywhere.

#49378 I Just Wet Myself

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 March 2005 - 01:15 AM in General Nerf

Looks like a Nite Finder knock-off.

Almost like an AT2K 2-pack, but they seem like plunger weapons. Hmm...

It's almost like an AT4K, but again it seems to be a spring gun.

It's like the N-Strike, but with more guns.

I didn't name all of them but they're pretty obvious... So Gamefreak, how about that cookie? ^_^

Edit: Whoops, I meant Gamefreak but typed Boltsniper... :cry: that is such an awesome smiley!

#49430 I Just Wet Myself

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 March 2005 - 04:59 PM in General Nerf

So close to that cookie, but theres one more.

Umm... I don't know which one...

Seems to be like a Tech Target, but it's a Tek gun, so... Tek Target!

AirTech 3000 knock off, but plunger based? It's got 6 barrels... But it's also one of the older models

This looks like an SM250 or SM350

Same as above but larger and yellow

It's like an MBZ, but it looks way smaller... I wonder if it's lighter or quieter?

This thing reminds me of the BlastFire for some reason...

It's a shotgun... It reminds me of the Crossbow, I don't know why though.

It's like a PowerClip but in a shotgun-like shell!

Do I get my damn cookie now?

#53039 Good News, Bad News

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 April 2005 - 09:45 PM in General Nerf

Getting a spare BBB will be beastly.  If they do change the color, they will probably change the plastic, which mean it would almost definitely be better, but I guess we'll see...

NO COLOR CHANGE
NO RENAME
NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER

He also said somewhere that they are considering making it quieter, which is awesome. When I heard a BBB being primed for the first time (it was in a video) I thought the person in the video broke it or something, but it was just the really weird cracking/snapping noise it makes during priming.

Edit: Grr Typo

#52919 Good News, Bad News

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 April 2005 - 07:12 PM in General Nerf

YES!!! I dreamt it would happen, but I seriously doubted it with things like the Powerclip and stuff. I mean, every little 6 year old out there would rather have a fully automatic 10-shot clip loaded gun over a single shot arrow-shooter that's taller than they are. But this is freaking awesome!

Please say the rest of Hyper Sight will be re-released too (without lying) PLEASE?!?!?!

#53048 Good News, Bad News

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 April 2005 - 10:25 PM in General Nerf

Okay, seriously, why did you post like that, and then say that you thought they were making it quieter?  I was merely posting a posibility, not making some kind of assertion.  You're contradicting yourself in more ways than I care to count, and it's hurting my head.  Ugh I hate petty shit like that.

"Right hand in the air in the land of hypocrisy..."

Umm, did you even read my post? I didn't say anything hypocritic(sp). I was just quoting and saying what OMC said!

Here is the thread where he posted it. It is on the second page.

Ugh I hate petty shit like that.

As do I, so don't post it. "Right hand in the air in the land of hypocripsy..."

Edit: Changed 'he' to 'OMC'

#57216 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 June 2005 - 10:44 PM in Off Topic

You guys, The Goonies is the best god damn movie evar. I cannot strees how hilarious it is. The first two times I saw it I wet myself I'm not kidding - ask my brother or my neighbor, they were there. Kind of embarrassing but it's that damn funny.

It's a Steven Spielberg classic. If you haven't seen it, go rent it now, or hell just buy it. I'm not kidding it's cheaper to buy the DVD from a pawn shop than it is to rent the VHS. The Goonies was the best $4.79 + shipping I've ever spent.

By the way, how was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I've read the whole series and the local paper said the movie is more enjoyable after reading the series and extremely sucky if you haven't read it. I want to see The Longest Yard, I've heard it's hilarious, and it's got both Adam Sandler and Chris Rock so I have to see it. And how was Madagascar?

#57009 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 June 2005 - 10:00 PM in Off Topic

The Goonies and Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle are the best movies EVAR!

#64835 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 October 2005 - 01:02 PM in Modifications

*Cough*

#52382 Another 2k Petg Mod...

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 April 2005 - 09:48 PM in Modifications

I'd say 8", but that's me. That's what we use for PVC, but it might be different for PETG.

I assume that goes the same for SM1500s, too?

Piney, that's a nice 2K. I'm really digging the new pump handle, because even my tiny hands are too big for that thing. I've seen other pump handle replacements before, but they had really long handles which look weird and weren't very practical. Yours however is he perfect size. By the way, where did you get your PETG?

#49002 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 March 2005 - 12:48 AM in General Nerf

Like anyone who is less than 12 is going to vote. I should make a poll to see how many of you lied about your age when signing up...

I didn't lie, my brother signed me up :).

Just kidding. I used to do that though :).

Edit: Ugh, typo! How can I screw up a smiley? :rolleyes:

#55188 Blast Bazooka Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 05:07 PM in Modifications

Nice mod. I like how you can still shoot the X-Stream rockets - one reason I usually don't mod my guns that shoot larger ammo.

What do you mean by regular 1/2" PVC?

#55210 Blast Bazooka Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 06:33 PM in Modifications

His shoots mega Stefans (made of 5/8" foam) though. I personally like megas better.

#56911 Firefly Speculation

Posted by MattPaintballer on 07 June 2005 - 07:35 PM in General Nerf

Happy 12th birthday torch...

Aww man why did you have to mention that on the boards.... Now we just lost our hasbro worker... This means we won't be getting anymore valuable information on these new guns. :cry:

WTF are you talking about?

OMC & Talio gave us information on these guns, while cheifthe gave us information on the Maverick. We'll still have information. Torch didn't tell us anything.

Edit: navy seal posted while I was away.

#45356 Maverick Internals

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 January 2005 - 04:44 PM in Modifications

Why did they ever even consider this 'reverse plunger' method... so lame.

What exactly do you mean?

#45360 Maverick Internals

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 January 2005 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

I still don't understand...

#47135 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 February 2005 - 09:03 PM in Modifications

And now... The moment you've all been waiting for...

You've read my signature, but that was just an idea. Now, see the real thing...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

THE CRUTCH2K's!!!

Behold!

Posted Image

You can see the materials I used in the background... Zip ties, electrical tape, and kitchen scissors. All professional grade!

Posted Image

I've got a nice little built in sight on there... It's actually a thumbscrew that holds the handle in the crutch. It works great as a sight! Sorry about the flash on that one, my super-mondo-vastly expensive 5.5 megapixel digital camera has too many features; I don't know how to turn off the flash... It's set on like auto-flash or something.

Posted Image

Jimi Hendrix 0wns y0u! He r0x0rs y0ur s0x0rs 0ff! Anyways, in this one you can see both crutches because one is the Crutch2K and the other was used to take the pic. I actually have an AT2K on the other crutch too, but I attached it after I took the pic.

Screwed up image removed.

As you can see on that last picture, one of the dart heads fell off, and the zip ties are loose. The dart head, well I didn't notice that when taking the pic. The zip ties are all messed up because our carpenter dude tried to file the rigid things down for something (I really don't know why) and now they don't stay, so I had to use electrical tape to hold them, and it came unstuck...

#47152 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 February 2005 - 01:46 AM in Modifications

Now what would be cool would be making the main leg of the crutch into a barrel, then just put the tank with a couper or something onto the barrel, so the firing pin is close to your hand, and with some bondo work, you could make it fairly concealed. It almost makes me want to get crutches.

~ompa

That's what I was thinking in the first place, but there's one problem. I don't think a barrel alone would be able to support somebody without being damaged, so I would have to nest it. And the main crutch leg isn't circular. It's shaped like this: )¯( I don't think I would be able to fit anything in there, it seems too small. And you might want to get crutches now, except for the $40-$50 price. Yeah... I only got them because I needed them - I broke my ankle.

#47164 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 February 2005 - 01:57 PM in Modifications

and how did you break your ankle?

I'm not gonna answer that one just because how I broke it is really lame. But then again, how I broke my wrist was lame. And how I broke my front teeth was lame, too. Whatever...

I was thinking of single barreling the 2K and then having the barrel run down beside the main crutch leg. Then I could just duct tape around the whole crutch.

#47144 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 February 2005 - 11:03 PM in Modifications

I'll admit, the integration wasn't very good. But it was the idea that I think was cool. I haven't had the time to go out and get materials, but I should be able to get some tomorrow. I'm probably going to single barrel one of the 2K's then quad the other. I was thinking of making it more sleek, like getting rid of the case and just leave a keyring trigger, the pump, and the barrel along the side. I also put the blue 2K on the wrong side, so that last picture was hard... I think the main problem was that my zip ties are screwed up. When you zip them, they don't stay! Stupid carpenter dude...

#64206 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 September 2005 - 06:15 PM in General Nerf

If you dual weild them then it's no longer a single shot. Is it not?

If I carry around seven PVC'd Crossbows - two in each hand, one on a strap on my back, and two in my pockets - does that make them fully automatic?

So to answer your question: No, it is not. It is still single shot.

Edit: Typo

#64208 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 September 2005 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

But you can get off two shots very quickly which in essence is like having a double shot gun that you hold with both of your hands.

Key words being "in essence"

#63408 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 09 September 2005 - 10:50 PM in General Nerf

es the Koosh things get pretty good range and amazing accuracy, but they're not good for so-called "losing." See if your Tornado gets 80 feet flat accurately (I have no idea what ranges they get, I've just heard good about them) and you try to hit me from 70 feet, I'm just going to step to the side a couple feet and rush you. Those things take forever to load, especially because of the slider thing. If you take that off it gets faster, but its still a bit slow RoF.

Edit: SG Pilot, LBB's work better with darts because of size and aerodynamics and stuff.

#63436 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 September 2005 - 04:52 PM in General Nerf

LBB's work better with darts because of size and aerodynamics and stuff.

So ultimately, it's more practical to use stefans than to use arrows/missles?

Your kidding right? Darts are smaller, more accurate, cheaper, get better range, and have much higher velocities then arrows. Common sense man.

Yeah but for indoor/unmodded/air-restrictor-removal-only wars, the Blast Bazooka missiles and Max Shot bombs are a lot of fun, and pretty practical too. They bounce really well which is useful and hella cool. If you know how to use them, you can win wars with them.

#50679 Does Anybody Else Play Runescape?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 March 2005 - 02:35 AM in Off Topic

My favorite is Runescape Classic. It is WAY better then WOW or any other games :)

#49323 Somebody Hacked Spanky!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 11 March 2005 - 12:06 PM in General Nerf

They locked, then deleted the thread. I have a screencap.

(picture)

Whoa, what FF skin is that? It's awesome!

#56584 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 June 2005 - 06:21 PM in Off Topic

that is perfectly relevent. you said there were no wmd. That is proof that he has them.

Correction: had

It's irrelevant dude, that's all there is to it.

#55206 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 06:21 PM in Off Topic

gun control

I personally dont feel gun control is needed. Gun control = steady hands.
Also, it is thought that guns are bad because they kill people. Honestly, ive never seen a gun jump up and shoot somebody. You never hear about someone filing a lawsuit against a GUN, do you? in my humble opinion, People kill People. Maybe we need people control?

I hate dumbasses who state the obvious on this subject.

When you were a kid, and you did something bad, you went to time-out or your toys were taken away. THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

We have proof that most humans cannot handle guns. Look at all the murders with guns, all the shootings. People die almost every day in this city, and there's always an article about a shooting. I read it all the time. "16 year old kills ex-boyfriend" and crap like that.

I for one think guns need a time-out. We have so much proof that most humans can't handle them, so they need to be banned.

If you own a gun and use it wisely and don't kill people, good for you. I'm sorry other dumbasses ruined it for you, but that's life. Deal with it.

#55767 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 May 2005 - 11:36 AM in Off Topic

I am proud to say that I am a republican who is against gun control. If having guns is against the law, then what do you think will stop criminals from having guns? They already break the law. Then, when we get our houses broken into, we won't have the most effective means of protecting ourselves. Gun control can only hinder this Nation.

If guns were banned, all guns would probably be confiscated & destroyed. And if some weren't found, what the hell would criminals be able to do with them? If they use them, they'd get caught, and have their gun confiscated & destroyed.

Besides, the Bill of Rights says that we are allowed and will always be allowed to own firearms.

But that's different. Back when the Bill of Rights was written, guns were something that you had to have if you wanted to live. They didn't shoot other humans, they shot animals so they would have food and clothes and be able to stay alive.

It's different now. People hunt for fun, which is extremely fucked up. They kill helpless animals that don't need to be killed. What the fuck? How would you like it if you were killed by somebody with better technology than you, and you didn't do shit wrong? And then your body gets sold to some crazy dumbass? Yeah, you wouldn't like it. That's what I thought.

And guns are being used to kill not only animals like deer, but humans too. We don't need to kill other humans to stay alive! So why are we killing them? Petty shit! That's why! And if people are low enough to kill over petty shit, then I think the things that are helping them kill need to be banned and eliminated.

#56555 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 June 2005 - 01:52 PM in Off Topic

Matt, the are weapons of mass destruction. look up " 1993 gas attack on kurds in iraq"
In 1993 Saddam used missiles loaded with mustard gas to attack HIS OWN PEOPLE! If thats not enough proof, then i dont know what is.

That has no relevance whatsoever! Georgey wasn't president during that time.

God I hate it when people counter with irrelevant crap.

#55797 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 May 2005 - 07:25 PM in Off Topic

People like Beaver Vortex piss me off because they say some stupid thing and then quote themselves and they have no opinion or idea on the subject.

This is a serious subject dude, so if you don't want to post anything serious then shut the fork up.

Edit: Sorry if I was a little too harsh.

#56490 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 June 2005 - 08:37 PM in Off Topic

Sqiggs, it doesn't matter which president is better at sports, it matters which one is smarter, a better leader, and will not destroy our country. I don't fucking care if George Bush is better at catching footballs than Kerry, he still doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. He's honestly one of the dumbest people ever.

Weapons of mass destruction? More like weapons of mass deception!

And you know what really kills me? The stupidity of our President. He doesn't know the definition of the word "disassemble." I've known what that meant since like 2nd grade, now c'mon. Somebody tell me how the hell he's been our President for 4 years, and then he was RE-ELECTED?! Mistakes are okay, as long as they're new ones. We've made this mistake twice now.

What's up with the electoral votes? They don't make sense. Popular vote should win it, not electoral. With electoral votes, not every vote counts. It's true. Say 4/10 of a state votes for Candidate A, and 6/10 of the state votes for Candidate B. Automatically, 4/10 of the state's votes DON'T COUNT. Say the state had 100,000 people in it. That's 40,000 votes that don't mean a thing. Gone. Just like that. Poof. That needs to change. Pretty soon too, otherwise we'll get a lot more dumbasses as our President.

What the hell is up with those "every vote counts" commercials? They're untrue.

Edit: Typo

#56500 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 June 2005 - 10:13 PM in Off Topic

was it really necessary to reopen a topic that's been dead for four days

Dude four days old isn't dead.

I didn't flip out on him. Read the first sentence of my post. I was just telling him. Sorry if I was too harsh.

#48711 What Guns Do You Take Into A War?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 March 2005 - 10:32 PM in General Nerf

SuperMAXX 1500. 'Nuff said

Well, not really. I need an SM750 so I can integrate it onto the 1500. Man, that fake airtank is so big. I bet I could fit like 5 SM750's in it!

#51446 Favorite Band

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 April 2005 - 02:01 AM in Off Topic

If you browse NHQ, this is probably no surprise to you...

AC/DC

Angus Young is absolutely one of the best guitarists EVAR! He is extremely creative and does some of the best solos I've ever heard, and he is very improvisational. Look at any of their songs. They are AMAZING. Thunderstruck, it's pretty hard to pluck that fast. And who would've thought of such an amazing riff? Back in Black. Rarely does a band use pull-offs, and NEVER that fast. And I've never heard a rythm guitarist as good as Malcom Young. AC/DC ROCKS.

Another really good band is Lost Prophets. Lost Prophets uses a lot of instruments and they're sound is different from most.

[Rant]
And I'm tired of hearing about this rap crap. IT SUCKS. There is no musical talent involved in rap WHATSOEVER. I even made up a song about it, but we won't get to that because I don't want anybody stealing it :D. Some rap is just people talking. I can talk fast too, but does that mean I have any talent? No. I will never like rap, ever. Never I tell you!

So you know what I say to rap? "For those about to rock, we salute you."

[/Rant]

Edit: Grr typo (and no I am not referring to 'evar.' That was done on purpose)

#52689 Blowguns

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 April 2005 - 02:47 PM in Homemades

Wow! Nice blowgun! It looks just like my friend's blowgun, but this one is for Nerf.

A while ago, Duce posted a picture of some of his stuff, along with one of those stick horse things. I responded saying he should turn the horse thing into a blowgun. Here is the thread on NHQ.