The Large Moose's Content

There have been 187 items by The Large Moose (Search limited from 05-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#57341 Mod For The X-bow

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 June 2005 - 02:52 PM in Modifications

By turrent he meant glue four pieces of PVC onto a center piece that's shorter(for spacing), that way you don't have to actually load the dart, you just take out and rotate.

Yeah, or more, for my Maxshot, thank you Lefty/Uriel, has 6 CPVC barrels, and my Xbow has 4 PVC barrels with petg in the middle of it. I do not mean a SM1500/AT2k turret, but a homemade one. Sorry I didn't specify that in my first post.

#50622 Modded Xbox

Posted by The Large Moose on 26 March 2005 - 02:21 PM in Off Topic

Although I can't get pic's up right now, I have a modded xbox. I have a clear pink shell, the jewel glow's bright red, the power led is white, and when there is an error, its blue, and one of my controllers has a led in it, but I can't find the controller. I am soon to have an Ice chip, I am not sure which one, I am still in the process of looking.

#52106 Modify A Secret Shot Pocket Blaster

Posted by The Large Moose on 09 April 2005 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

does anyone know how to modify a secret shot pocket blaster
I trided but i broke it but i got a new one
help me modify it :alien:

Go to NerfHQ, and find the website for the 3 Merry Men of Michigan. They have one there. I am sorry, but I am pretty tired right now, and I am to lazy to go get it, sorry.

#55012 My Finished Maverick

Posted by The Large Moose on 16 May 2005 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

There is anoter post over at NerfHQ that some says, with replacing a spring, gets 60-70'. I am really not surprised, because I always thought the mav was a powerful little gun, and it just need a new spring.

#51968 My Mounted Machine Gun

Posted by The Large Moose on 08 April 2005 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

Thank you, Blink. :) Nope, my 3b is not hard to cock at all.

What have you done to get 120' out of it? Mine with PVC gets like 85' with mega's. I plan to brass it, but I want to hear what you did, because it is one of my favorite guns, and I would like to push its limits.

#57638 My New Nf (mod W/paintjob)

Posted by The Large Moose on 16 June 2005 - 02:18 PM in Modifications

I don't know about you all, but that thing looks alot like a Razor Fin. Without the plunger tube and cocking handle in the NF's handle.

#56588 My New Pb Gun.

Posted by The Large Moose on 04 June 2005 - 06:46 PM in Off Topic

For some reason, I never liked the Outkast body style. Don't know why, I just never enjoyed the milling. I like Orracles and Black Magic's better. I myself, own a 2003 Black Magic, that will, soon be electro. It's a great gun, beautiful with its blue/black fade, but I still enjoy it none the less. Oh, and when I playing more competitive, I use the Pump converting kit that I bought last year.

#41232 N-strike Maverick

Posted by The Large Moose on 09 November 2004 - 05:09 PM in General Nerf

I am guessing you would have to turn it manually, since that little grey peice that the revolver's clips resides on (we'll call it the rotator). The rotator doesn't seem that sturdy enough to turn the clip automatically, so I am assuming its manuel. I could be wrong though. The clip probably isn't initially removable; but that hasn't stopped us in the past :rolleyes:

#41386 N-strike Maverick

Posted by The Large Moose on 10 November 2004 - 10:12 PM in General Nerf

This looks like it would be difficult to mod. Sure you could put PVC/CPVC/Brass etc. on the front, but the dart going from revolver 2 barrel would be catastrophic, huge, lose of range. I don't see any other way of modding, other than cutting off the front, and having the revolver completely visible, and attach 6 barrels to that itself.

#41227 N-strike Maverick

Posted by The Large Moose on 09 November 2004 - 04:56 PM in General Nerf

Ahh, well anyway, as you can see, in the first photo, 3 barrels, including the one in the firing position, on the other side, there are 3, and it doesn't look like there could be one hiding under the bottom part, unless its just sneaky like that.

#41224 N-strike Maverick

Posted by The Large Moose on 09 November 2004 - 04:43 PM in General Nerf

It looks pretty cool...

QUOTE (Airsoft999 @ Nov 9 2004, 01:31 PM)
8 barrels

Six, I believe.

I think its eight actually

I just hope the ranges are good for this gun... Anyway good job

Since its name is the Maverick REV-6, I would assume it has 6 barrels, or wouldn't it be called the REV-8? Plus its a revolver, and I beileve all revolvers to date have 6 barrels.

It seems logical, since the Hornet was named the AS-6, and it had 6 barrels, the RF20 had 20 barrels etc.

#41221 N-strike Maverick

Posted by The Large Moose on 09 November 2004 - 04:36 PM in General Nerf

I hope this thing gets good or relatively good ranges, cuz I am sure to buy 2, whether or not they are good, they look awesome! I love a good ROF pistol! And seeing as I just got a revolver airsoft gun, I might have to go John Wayne on all yall. :) These guns along with the Nite Finders, and the N-Strike set are showing that nerf is coming back huge!!

I would think that these crossbows are from long ago, lost in the back but who knows, when I get mine, I will check the dates and what not on the box. Also, a rerelease of the Powerclip would be great! Seeing as my old one was broken down and used as spare parts.

Love the new paint job aswell.

I also noticed the rail on the top, but I bet everyone saw that first anyway ;)

Grr, me and my editing, anyway, If you guys see the little grey thing attached to the rotater, it looks as if it would swivel out like the reall revolver, so that is how you load it. Awesome, I bet people will make interchangeable clips for them now!!!

#54430 Need A Good Combo

Posted by The Large Moose on 08 May 2005 - 06:13 PM in General Nerf

yea its the secret shot 1, cept I cant triple mod it since I lost the tubing,,,unless someone can tell me a good substitute?

Like ompa pointed out, you do not need the tubing what so ever, just make three holes symmetrical to each other, glue some barrels on, and mod the dart holder so it can switch to the third barrel, there is a write-up somewhere, but I forget where its at, Nerf-World?

#48506 Need Pix Of Nerf Ammo

Posted by The Large Moose on 02 March 2005 - 08:25 PM in General Nerf

Why would he need all the guns for the ammo? He could have possibly sold the guns years ago, or lost them. Or they could be extra ammo. Plus he COULD have the guns, I know stallion probably would with his huge aresnal, or atleast the one that is for sale.

okto: I have 6 of the Sharpshooter Type I darts. They have Black heads, with yellow bodies and the fins on them. They came with my 2 SSI's. Some of the tips have fallen off though. I also have orange megas with black heads that came with the Manta Ray, and I have black megas with orange tips that came with my ratchetblast.

As far as micros go, I got all them baby.

#79229 Nerf Grenade

Posted by The Large Moose on 08 April 2006 - 10:30 PM in Homemades

The reason there is no true fool-proof Nerf grenade is because its incredibly hard, if not impossible.

Nerf utilizes air technology to fire it's projectiles, while real weapons use combustion/explosive means to propel its projectiles.

Real hand grenades use this same process to expel shrapnel everywhere. It would be difficult to do with air as you need a time release function, and other measures that would be difficult to put into a small enough container and still prove effective.

Plus the fact to make it fool proof makes it seem more difficult. Hell, real grenades (not as much now-a-days), aren't fool proof, and may explode prematurely, or not at all.

#79221 Nerf Grenade

Posted by The Large Moose on 08 April 2006 - 10:20 PM in Homemades

Heres the simple alternative to a grenade:

Step 1: Rush your friend and shoot him in the face. Don't be a pansy about it.

There you go!

EDIT: To make my post semi-important; search. There are plenty of Nerf Grenades/Failed Idea posts around here thats bound to give you ideas. Don't always come to the forum asking for others to do it for you. Make sure all your options of doing it yourself are depleted.

#43790 Nerf Mod For Any Gun

Posted by The Large Moose on 11 December 2004 - 03:01 PM in General Nerf

Sorry, but I don't see how this works, wouldn't you just be hearing your gun firing? I have no idea how this has any significant value what-so-ever. If you mean the DART, it probably wouldn't even work...since I doubt those spy ear things can listen 10ft+ away...

#49295 Nerf War In Fl.

Posted by The Large Moose on 10 March 2005 - 09:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I am in Florida, i would be great with one, but that means I would have alot of modding to do....

#58844 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by The Large Moose on 07 July 2005 - 07:45 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, I have almost finished completing my computer, it has a P4 3.4, I am still waiting for my RAM (1GB) to come in the mail, and its finished. I will hook it up, and try this out.

#48983 New Clip Design

Posted by The Large Moose on 07 March 2005 - 08:39 PM in Modifications

Hey guys, I just thought of an extremely good idea, that contains many of the done before clip designs, but it will be useable on any gun that has a PVC coupler on it. When I am finished creating it, I will post pictures but here will be some of the specs:
-As much ammo as you want 10 or 50
-Relativly cheap
-Sturdy
-Can be interchanged between guns
-Uses nested barrel system (sorry Mega users)
-Retains original ranges
-Carry around extra shells and just drop them in the top.
-Easy action system (as in easy to load and work)

I am sure it would be just as easy to make a turret, but this allows for extra clips. The building materials consist of:
-1/2'' PVC SCH80
-1/2" PVC coupler
-9/16" Brass
-17/32" Brass
-Wood or other cuttable substance
-Hot glue
-1" PVC SCH80 or possiblu 1 1/2" PVC
-Duct tape, or small peices of triangular metal.

This will in no way be anything NEAR boltsnipers design, but its my first idea, and hopefully it will work out. I am going to start the mod on my BBB.

#51148 New Clip Design

Posted by The Large Moose on 30 March 2005 - 04:42 PM in Modifications

>.< Nooo!!

I'm doing the exact thing to my BBB!!
A mag-load system!
Even ask BK and Suave about it.
:sigh:

Oh well, good luck, I suppose.

-Tidge.

Sigh, my system was first build 1 year and a half ago, but without the clip, it just used shells that I dropped in by hand. I found it in my closet the other day, and I thought I could redo it with some better designs (the seal was horrible on the first one). I really don't care about who did it first, just trying to begin a write up on it.

#50580 New Clip Design

Posted by The Large Moose on 26 March 2005 - 01:14 AM in Modifications

Yeah, it was going to be a bit differant, but I am now having trouble with the shells not firing forward. Its basically yours but the shell falls in, and you rotate the outer PVC to close the breach. On the inside of the outer PVC is foam craft sheet that seals the gap between the pvc and the inner PVC. That works great, but the problem is trying to not get the shells to slide forward in the inner PVC. What I think I am going to do is have the inner pvc already have brass nested infront of where the shell drops in, so when it fires, if the shell moves up, it just hits the already nested brass barrel. Hard to picture without pictures, but I will try to get some up soon. If that doesn't work I will probably end up doing what you did. The other porblem is the clip. I have the outer PVC moving to open and close the breach, but I with that, I can't attach the clip....hmmm..

#50040 New Clip Design

Posted by The Large Moose on 19 March 2005 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

It could attach to any gun that has a coupler glued to the front. I am still working on the clip itself, but the mechanism works beautifully. Specially with springers. Fire, release emptied shell, let new one fall in, cock gun, and your ready. I on my eab, I had a prototype clip; and got through about 10 shots in under 15 seconds.
I hate loading a dart in, and thats why I love this so much. I can get pics up soon. It requires some work with the dremel though.

#37067 New Dart Design

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 September 2004 - 06:44 PM in Homemades

First of all, its only 8 days only. In the CoC, it says "Do not bring back month old topics." I did not, it was 8 days ago, which I would not call "old". And two, this is the first "old" as you would say, topic I have brought up. Thridly, couldn't you have atleast answered my question? I did not post to be critizised(sp?), I posted to have my question answered.

#37039 New Dart Design

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 September 2004 - 03:15 PM in Homemades

my 19 inch modded storm2000.

And what is that? Sorry to sound like an idiot, It sounds like a cross between a firestorm and at2k? I don't really know...

#48873 New Releases

Posted by The Large Moose on 06 March 2005 - 10:34 AM in General Nerf

they just recently released the maverick so I am not sure how long the wait will be untill the next one.

Hopefully they try to counter the ruff stuff shotgun, beacuse I want a nerf brand one also!

#52540 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by The Large Moose on 14 April 2005 - 09:05 PM in General Nerf

You know, I think it'd be great if they re-released the SM1500.

Although they re-released it several times already, it has essentially been replaced by the AT2k, the AT2k gets same ranges, on same pumps, if not less, and is smaller. I don't thnk they would re-release it, but who knows? A rereleased Ballzooka would rule.

#51266 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by The Large Moose on 01 April 2005 - 02:28 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

I'm sorry guys but this gun looked really familiar when I saw it. Then I realized I'd seen something very like it in a preview for the game Pariah.

Posted Image

There is a surpirsing relevance between the two. Ohh, and Pariah will be GotY. Either that or UC2. Possibly even GTA:SA for Xbox.

#50625 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by The Large Moose on 26 March 2005 - 02:55 PM in General Nerf

Ohh, please, please let it be the Gator! I have un-controllable love for it, and what a joy it would be for them to rerelease it!!!!! ::sarcasm::

Anyway, any airjet gun (PC, SF, WF) or something of the like would be nice. But with Talio saying we will all be shocked? It must be something great, if HE thinks its great. Hopefully fall 05 comes soon. I would cry if it was a LnL, BBB, or A-storm, because it would ruin the old school feel. No offense, but all the new nerfers will just ahve those, and they will be as the old school ones. I like the fact that if you want a better, older gun, you have to search, and pay good money, but now everyone will have a LnL, and BBB, and then it will feel like noone does. I mean, you will still know which is the older one (the new ones would prob. have a new color scheme) but still....it would ruin the pimp factors of these old-skool hipsters.

#58454 Nf Spring Excahnge?

Posted by The Large Moose on 29 June 2005 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

Monoshots are pretty powerful, tearing darts un-modded. When I had my modded one, it got 60-70ft I think. It's a great little gun. I sold my other one though..

#40809 Omg This Is Strange!

Posted by The Large Moose on 04 November 2004 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

I like the 49.99$ Buy it now, with 25 left :(

#40818 Omg This Is Strange!

Posted by The Large Moose on 04 November 2004 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

Hmm, might have to buy two! :(

#40794 Omg This Is Strange!

Posted by The Large Moose on 04 November 2004 - 07:00 PM in General Nerf

I know you aren't supposed to post or tell about ebay deals, but how can you miss this one? Has ANYONE else noticed the HUGE abundance of X-bows on ebay? One guy, has twenty-six of them, and they are all buy it now! And they are all NIB. I am afraid to buy one though, is this guy safe? Or a hoax. ( I am alittle nervous, I get gipped of a 450$ video card on ebay. :( )

#40802 Omg This Is Strange!

Posted by The Large Moose on 04 November 2004 - 07:28 PM in General Nerf

I just looked at the guys recent feeback and what not, and it all seems fine, so I got one. Hopefully I get it. :( lol I checked the shipping too, and it looks fine. One guy awhile back had a Plasma TV for 100 buy-it now, hoping no one would see the shipping-10,999$. Rofl

#49778 Once More Around The Sun!

Posted by The Large Moose on 16 March 2005 - 12:50 PM in Off Topic

Lech! Happy B-day.

#47115 One Of The Best Guns

Posted by The Large Moose on 11 February 2005 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

Heh! A translator! Excellant idea, but for a programmer. Like "i r teh best kid here" would translate to: "I don't have any talents other than staying home with my mother and watching Oprah"

But I couldn't make a program like that. I took CP last semester, but not for me. Anyone who can, and does, though, will get a special white chocolate cookie.

I know Ompa is the introductiner or whatever, I really wasn't introing him into the forums, I was just giving him advice that could make his stay here more enjoyable.
If I did step my boundaries though, I am sorry, I just am trying to keep the forums as nice as possible.

#47051 One Of The Best Guns

Posted by The Large Moose on 09 February 2005 - 07:03 PM in General Nerf

Sorry, but I did not intend to be funny. I was explaining what can become of this thread. If you found that "funny", you may fall under the category of the first of my three comments. Its really a fact that may help you all live a happy life at this forums. be nice, and we shall be nice.

#47043 One Of The Best Guns

Posted by The Large Moose on 09 February 2005 - 05:59 PM in General Nerf

These are going to be the responses you recieve from alot of the uneducated mass of society:

"ur gay, that isnt teh best gun, the gun that is better than yours is mine because i modded it and it shoots like 200 ft. and never misses!!!1111!"

If translated it may look like this:

"I believe you are homosexual. Well, as educated as I wish I was, I cannot comprehend the fact that many guns have their weakness's and strong points. I believe that with my superior talent, I can achieve better statistics than you, because the gun I am using is just an all around better performer. Let alone the fact that you may not excell in the area of modding experties. Oh, and I lie about my ranges and accuracy percentages."

But from a person who understands, and has maturity, and holds your opinion in the utmost regards:

"While I think that this gun has many strong points, and they outweigh the weak points, your opinion is just as important. We may favor differant perspectives, such as mine may shoot faster, but yours will shoot farther, but it all depends on how you use the gun. My modding talents excell my gun to further levels, and I can get good ranges and superior accuracy then when un-modified. You may have this talent as well, but it all depends on how you use it, not necessarily what it is, or if it is better. I am glad that we can both assess that each gun has its strong point, and weak point, and are when used in the correct situation, can have a better performance than one that excells in a differant area."

The latter, sadly, is not much heard now, so we tend to avoid these topics. If you start a topic about expressing your views but still accepting others, that would most likely be ok.

Anyway, to my real response. I like the Maverick aswell, its RoF surpasses any other pistols, and still retains a relativly good range. When modified though, you are correct, it can get alot better of ranges. While going akimbo with these may still be fun, I prefer more of rifle type gun, with maybe a few shots rather than 6. Plus I would wish the distance to exceed around 65 feet. I agree with your opinion though, the Maverick is a good peice of work, and hopefully shows that Nerf will continue with good products like it from here on. I am glad that Nerf is providing us with better and stronger guns, so it shows signs that Nerf still lives on.

-TLM

#47125 One Of The Best Guns

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 February 2005 - 11:56 AM in General Nerf

I have stepped in on it a few times, but it didn't hold my interest, like that wretched Dr. Phil. Rawr.

Ohh and I don't mean to offend anyone with the oprah thing, it just seemed like the weirdest show to watch. What else? The Wiggles?

#76593 Pain

Posted by The Large Moose on 16 March 2006 - 11:17 PM in General Nerf

My once-a-month browsing of the topics brought me upon this string of comments, which I just HAD to leave my hibernation period to address.

Shwifty, you sir, are a twatcactus.

That is all....

Peace.