Photo

Nf Spring Excahnge?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:23 PM

I was cleaning my room today and found the spring to a very old nerf gun. I believe it's called the Monoshot but here's a picture anyways:

http://www.nerfcente...os/monoshot.jpg

Sadly, I have lost the gun and only have the spring. I was wondering if I could/should repalce the Nite Finder's spring with this one or if I should double up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#2 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:28 PM

How much stronger is the Monoshot spring compared to the NF spring? How much harder is it to compress? If it's too hard, I don't think that the case could take the added pressure, and neither would the plunger/barrel assembly.

TS

#3 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:34 PM

I wouldn't, The nf is good as it is a pistol. Mod it right and it'll be all you need as a sidearm, the last thing it needs is a spring replacement.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#4 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:35 PM

I wouldn't, The nf is good as it is a pistol. Mod it right and it'll be all you need as a sidearm, the last thing it needs is a spring replacement.

On the new EX-3, the springs suck ass.
My arsenal:

RF20, Rototrack, 3x AT3K, 4x AT2K,Big Salvo,SS1,SSII,
2x SSPB,SM 1500,Rangshot,2x EaB,2x Mav,2x NF,
eagle eye,2x BBB,2x SM3000, 2x Tek 6, PC

#5 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:42 PM

So nothing a couple of bands can't fix, and one more o-ring on the plungerhead. But while all you guys are complaining about the new nf's suckage, I'm pretty sure it's all the same internals so maybe it's just your gun.
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#6 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:44 PM

So nothing a couple of bands can't fix, and one more o-ring on the plungerhead. But while all you guys are complaining about the new nf's suckage, I'm pretty sure it's all the same internals so maybe it's just your gun.

It's the same internals, minus the spring, which is weaker. If it was just my gun, why would everyone else be having the same problems as well. I know bands would help but I despise them. I prefer the cleaner look where its all on the inside (if I can help it), I don't like things getting caught or snagged or snapped.
My arsenal:

RF20, Rototrack, 3x AT3K, 4x AT2K,Big Salvo,SS1,SSII,
2x SSPB,SM 1500,Rangshot,2x EaB,2x Mav,2x NF,
eagle eye,2x BBB,2x SM3000, 2x Tek 6, PC

#7 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:52 PM

Well back on topic, luke what kinda NF do you have? If it's old I'd leave it be and stretch the spring a little. If it's the new one measure the springs to eachother and cut to appropriate length only if it seems stronger than your old one. Otherwise just stretch your new spring as well and add some bands. And maybe some e-tape around the plungerhead for a better seal.

Edited by Uncle Hammer, 26 June 2005 - 10:53 PM.

QUOTE (Talio)

#8 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:06 PM

It's the Orange and Blue Nite Finder and I'm getting 80 ft. flat. No lie. i know because mine and my neighbors lots are both 41 ft each and it shoots over both of them. So you guys are probably right. Why screw around with it when it already kicks ass.

#9 KirbySaysHi

KirbySaysHi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:30 AM

A day later, but who cares.

I found that my local Farm and Fleet sells a perfect spring that to replace the nf's stock spring (and yes, the orange and yellow version is much weaker).

The measurements of the spring were:

7/8 x 4 x .080 in.

They came two to a pack, and are definitely stronger than even the original nitefinder.
Kids in the backseat cause accidents... Accidents in the backseat cause kids.

#10 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:02 AM

Damn, I live in Canada and we don't have a Farm and Fleet. Mabye I'll pick up a set of them next time I'm down south.

#11 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:55 PM

Monoshots are pretty powerful, tearing darts un-modded. When I had my modded one, it got 60-70ft I think. It's a great little gun. I sold my other one though..
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#12 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:51 AM

Get a few darts and test ranges with each spring using the same few darts. See which is better. I did this when I swapped an armorshot spring out with the NF spring.

ArmorShot spring > NF spring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users