Fuse's Content

There have been 328 items by Fuse (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#46394 The Possibility Of Lemons

Posted by Fuse on 22 January 2005 - 03:57 PM in General Nerf

I'd say my titan was a lemon. The valve never closed right, so I only got to shoot it once before I had to open it up and fix it.

Man, I have that same problem with my Titan. Im having some trouble fixing it.

--Diego

I glued those little round peices in place on the little metal rod that come out, and used thick wire (in this case a burned out sparkler) to wire the trigger on to the peices. Haven't had it fail me yet. Sorry if that description is rough, but the baisic idea is to let the trigger spring help push the valve shut. Works for me.

#46386 The Possibility Of Lemons

Posted by Fuse on 22 January 2005 - 09:32 AM in General Nerf

I'd say my titan was a lemon. The valve never closed right, so I only got to shoot it once before I had to open it up and fix it.

#46318 Maverick Locations

Posted by Fuse on 19 January 2005 - 11:26 PM in General Nerf

I'm looking for someone to ship me 4 Mavs to Georgia. PM me if interested. I'm hoping someone will do this as more of a favor for me rather than for profit. I'm thinking $10 per gun (they are $8 retail, right?), plus shipping.

#46268 Mavrick And The Scout

Posted by Fuse on 18 January 2005 - 06:38 PM in General Nerf

Not to stifle new ideas or anything, but why don't you just cock it? The strap on my TTG gets in the way alot and decreases range. Since the Maverick fires as fast as you cock, wouldn't it be faster to just cock it?

The goal is to go all Jon Woo with them. You know, one in each hand. Dual mavs would be awesome.

#46160 A Way To Make Stephan Laramies?

Posted by Fuse on 14 January 2005 - 11:05 PM in General Nerf

It worked for me. Its not really that hard. Just use a Larami as a guide and cut the mega the same length. Make the tip similar to how you would a normal home made dart, but since the mega already has a hole, just shove something in it to keep the hot glue in the tip (like an unsharpened pencil).

Most larami guns seem to have a small post in the barrel, and you need the dart to fit over that or the gun won't fire properly. That is why you melt the inside a little bit. It makes the back end a little more durable (since the foam is denser) and it will also fit properly.

Sorry if my explanation isnt great, Im not 100% at the moment.

#46158 Avatars

Posted by Fuse on 14 January 2005 - 10:57 PM in Site Feedback

This may be a dumb question, and this could also be the wrong place for it, but why not let users link to offsite avitars (with mods obviously having the say on what is accepted and not). That way people could have customs without using your storage or bandwidth so much.

Oh, and while we are talking about new general pool avitars; how about some Sealab 2021?

I think calling avitars is kind of silly, but a lot of people seem to be doing it, so I might as well.
I call Chopper Dave. Barring that, I call Hesh. :nugget:

#46156 Maverick Locations

Posted by Fuse on 14 January 2005 - 10:52 PM in General Nerf

I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, so I will. They're on eBay, with Buy It Now prices of around $20-25 and lower starting bids, but most likely those bids will end up in the same price range.

Yeah, I saw that, and I can't believe an $8 gun is going for +20 and +shipping. Im betting you could find a kind soul on these boards to buy at ship it for less.

#46155 A Way To Make Stephan Laramies?

Posted by Fuse on 14 January 2005 - 10:49 PM in General Nerf

I made laramis by cutting mega darts to their length, then plug the end with hot glue and a weight. To make the end I stuck an unsharpened pencil in, put a dab of hot glue in, put the weight in, then capped it off. The pencil allows you to make sure the glue doesnt run down the dart and mess things up. Then, if you need to, use the hot glue gun to melt the inside edge of the back of the darts so that it will trigger the valve that most (maybe all) larami guns have in the end of the barrels.

#46082 Nerf World Order

Posted by Fuse on 13 January 2005 - 04:56 PM in News

My pants are aflame with concern!

It's posts like that that make it all worthwhile.

#46064 Music Genres

Posted by Fuse on 13 January 2005 - 10:30 AM in Off Topic

Who isn't equally armed fuse? I'm confused.  :D  :)

Exactly.

Oh, hey, >Fuse<, I'm not sure what exactly you are implying by that post, but if it is what I think it is, blow off. If not, ignore the previous sentence.

It was a jab at RAMBO.

#46057 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Fuse on 13 January 2005 - 09:33 AM in Off Topic

I actually talked to this kid at our school (who basically knows electric appliances like the back of his palm)[...]

Woah, he must be really good at electronics if he's found a way to see the back of his palm. :)

I agree, iPods reliability leaves something to be desired. My friend has gone through 2 in as many years. Both died approx. 1 month after warranty. Meanwhile my Zen is still going strong, which is good since my warranty went to crap the second I put an 80gb HD in it. :D

#45993 For Any Shaolin Soccer Fans

Posted by Fuse on 12 January 2005 - 04:16 PM in Off Topic

Kung Fu Hustle. Looks like it will definitely be on my to-see list.

And luckily Disney wont get their hands on this one.

http://www.sonypictu...te/index_en.php

#45987 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Fuse on 12 January 2005 - 02:09 PM in Off Topic

I just came across this picture on 4chan.

Posted Image

#45986 Happy Birthdays

Posted by Fuse on 12 January 2005 - 01:48 PM in Off Topic

w00t! ^_^

#45977 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Fuse on 12 January 2005 - 12:12 AM in Off Topic

I'm not a big fan of their laptops either. They market them as if they are the best PC gaming machines money can buy, which isn't even close to the truth. The fact is that they're probably the best $3500 gaming laptop, but if you want to spend less you should look at the dell XPS or Inspiron 9100 (what I have) and if you want to spend more (or price isn't an issue), fuck alienware, go for a Go-L laptop.

Actually Ive used both those Dells, and the 51-m. In my experience the 51-m still comes out on top, tho I do love my XPS. The XPS performs slightly better than the 51-m, which performs a lot better than the 9100. The XPS has the worst battery life, followed by the 51, then the 9100. The 51-m and 9100 are similar in size while the XPS is a beast (I should know, I carry this shit around campus on my back!). Id say its close between the XPS and 51-m, with the 51-m coming out on top due to its smaller size and slightly longer battery life. It also has much nicer built in speakers, even with my wonky "sub-woofer" battery pack.

Another nice but lesser known brand is ABS Computers. I've never used one myself, but I have multiple friends in my clan who game on them and love it. Unfortunately for my college computer my parents werent willing to go 50/50 on a brand they had never heard of.

#45976 Music Genres

Posted by Fuse on 12 January 2005 - 12:03 AM in Off Topic

Manson is a cool guy.

Ash: Before engaging in a battle of wits, first make sure that both sides are equally armed. ^_^

#45922 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Fuse on 11 January 2005 - 05:50 PM in Off Topic

Oh, yeah, alienware....

Overpriced, overmarketed, and way overrated.

I know them.

Actually if you are looking for a laptop the Alienware is definitely the way to go, with Dell's XPS a close second. Ive used both quite a bit.

For desktops tho, go with the home cooked solution fo shizzle.

#45920 Music Genres

Posted by Fuse on 11 January 2005 - 05:47 PM in Off Topic

Slipknot, Korn, etc (probably some form of Goth Rock): I killed my girlfriend and ate a baby.

Have you ever listened to a single song by either of those bands? I'm guessing no.

#45859 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Fuse on 10 January 2005 - 08:03 PM in Off Topic

I dont get how your example of iPod is helping your argument. Im not trying to counter your argument in general, just the use of the iPod. Yes, they now hold a large share of the market, but they are still way overpriced.

#45831 Music Genres

Posted by Fuse on 10 January 2005 - 03:46 PM in Off Topic

southpaw that reminds me of a song by DaVinci's Notebook. Its called "Title of the Song" and is supposed to be a boy-band type song. Instead of normal lyrics tho, they sing the ideas that would be behind the lyrics of every boy band song ever. See lyrics here.

Title of the song,
Naive expression of love,
Reluctance to accept that you are gone.
Request to turn back time,
And recitfy my wrongs.
Repition of the title of the song.

Good stuff.

#45829 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Fuse on 10 January 2005 - 03:38 PM in Off Topic

Haha, cool to see another CAD fan. IMO best web comic out there.

#45808 Whoa This Is Weird

Posted by Fuse on 10 January 2005 - 12:10 AM in Off Topic

Contol Panel(Classic View)>Speech>Text To Speech(It's a Tab)

If you want a quick laugh, go to window's text to speech like was said (win2k works too), turn the speed down to 1/4, and type this:

Ooh Jesus Christ. I'm so high. High is good.

HAHAHA
Yes, she certainly sounds like one high old lady. hahahahhahah. Especially when she says: "I'm so high".

Microsoft Mary r0x0rzz me hardcore.

Oh yeah, the more you slow it down, the more stoned she is.

This coming from a guy with a Jay avatar. Boooong.

#45807 Mac Vs. PC

Posted by Fuse on 10 January 2005 - 12:03 AM in Off Topic

I vote this topic be closed pronto.

#45795 Whoa This Is Weird

Posted by Fuse on 09 January 2005 - 10:37 PM in Off Topic

Good old macs. Their built in text-to-speech landed me in the office quite a few times in middle and high school.

#45794 This Is How You Suck

Posted by Fuse on 09 January 2005 - 10:34 PM in Off Topic

I have to disagree Merl. I was with you till you said the alternatives were marketed by the machine. Maybe the alternatives you've heard of and listen to, but there are definitely artists who work outside of the conventional corporate world.

I read a lot, mostly Sci-Fi/Fantasy stuff though...

JT, I don't think thats what he meant...

#45733 Combustion Gun Poll

Posted by Fuse on 08 January 2005 - 08:55 PM in Homemades

Halfie, honestly, do you need to bash him in multiple threads? I think telling him to read the CoC in one thread is enogh, you dont need to trail him all over the boards just to noob bash.

#45700 The New Nintendo Bs.

Posted by Fuse on 08 January 2005 - 01:14 PM in Off Topic

Actually, the Gamecube and the PS2 have the same graphics card.

Suck wang, do they? Ever play Metroid Prime? Metroid Prime 2? Those games have some of the prettiest graphics that I have ever seen.

On average, yeah, they do. Metroid games were beautiful, but overall the PS2 has - on average - better looking games by far.

#45699 Maverick Locations

Posted by Fuse on 08 January 2005 - 01:11 PM in General Nerf

well then explain to me why he started saying i was annoying i said the mass had it and i was throwing aparty is that so wrong!?

Here's a couple hints:

I acutally tried to defend you, but you just had to turn around and prove him right.

#45692 The New Nintendo Bs.

Posted by Fuse on 08 January 2005 - 10:09 AM in Off Topic

One: graphics wise Gamecube blows the PS2 outta the water. And Two: PSP has much better graphics than the DS.

Erm, very wrong, and wrong. Ive seen both in action. DS has much clearner and solider looking graphics.

Gamecube graphics just suck wang.

#45691 Music Genres

Posted by Fuse on 08 January 2005 - 10:01 AM in Off Topic

IDM: Intelligent Dance Music. Horrible name for a decent genre. Its basically more complex form of the standard dance music you will hear in clubs. It has a similar sound, but is too complex and often shifts in ways that make it not as suitable for dancing.

Happy-Hardcore: Techno music with a high BPM and a upbeat sound. Scientifically engineered to make you sterile.

Ska: Popular a little late in the 90s (similar to punk's era). It pulls from many genres and started off of the reggea beats. Its most clearly identifiable for its heavily accented offbeat. I stand corrected

Emo: Can be acoustic or electric guitar. The lyrics must be about how sad the singer is, and he has to sound like a whiney little prick while singing them. Crying into the mic is also frequent.

Screamo: Pop-Rock or Pop-Punk style playing with the whiney emo lyrics and girlish high-pitched voices. EDIT: Meant to meantion, screaming the lyrics, as implied by the name. This was a joke definition anyways.

#45690 Maverick Locations

Posted by Fuse on 08 January 2005 - 09:52 AM in General Nerf

Dont be so harsh man. I thought his post was kind of funny, if a little loose on the rules of the english language.

Nevermind, he is annoying.

#45680 This Is How You Suck

Posted by Fuse on 08 January 2005 - 12:45 AM in Off Topic

Im with Black Wrath here. I may think Linkin Park lacks any simblance of talent, but you know what? I still have their songs on my mp3 player. I may not think they are worth my money, but I'll still listen to them.

On the other hand, I do care where my money goes. I dont want to pay $20 for a CD and have the artist I like get a penny. Sure, I may have denied bands a couple dollars in total lost sales because I didnt purchase their albums, but I happily denied the greedy fascists a few hundred.

Oh, while were talking about formula, has anyone here seen the video for KoRn's "Ya'll Want A Single"? I'm not a big KoRn fan, not their new stuff anyways, but the video was interesting. It was cool to see a mainstream band go against the machine, even if it was just marketing.

#45679 The New Nintendo Bs.

Posted by Fuse on 08 January 2005 - 12:38 AM in Off Topic

Yet another example of how dumb fanboys are. (general term, sorry if a girl made that)

Although, thats actually kid of cool. You know, all the HUD stuff is off of the main display, thus more emmersive. Way to go glorifying the system you bash, bro.

Personally I dont use the stylus. The wrist band also has a little plastic peice that you can use. You put the wrist band over your finger, tighten the little slide, and can control the game with a finger instead of a stylus. Actually makes aiming feel more like a console FPS since you use your thumb to aim.

Still loving my DS. I think this marks the first time Nintendo has made a system that had better graphics than the competition.

#45597 Do People Like These Guns?

Posted by Fuse on 06 January 2005 - 11:09 PM in General Nerf

I dont know how "rare" SS2s are, but I know they are damn fine guns. Stick some brass on one and you have, in my opinion, one of the finest long range weapons in nerf.

Are you sure? It doesn't seem like that a brass barrel would help. How far does it shoot with this mod?

Im pretty sure it has the same tank as a sm5k. I modded mine by plugging the release valve and putting a breech loading brass barrel (cant remember the length, maybe around 8") on it and easily got ranges over 100 feet (although I never did a specific range test). Heck, I think it actually gets ranges better than my 5k since the internals were all so compact. It's accuracy was great too.

#45595 Nerf Gun In Toy M16 Case?

Posted by Fuse on 06 January 2005 - 11:03 PM in Modifications

Cool idea, but know that you will never be able to use it outdoors. Even with the red tip its too realistic looking. A teen was shot in my neighborhood a long time ago by a cop who thought his toy pistol was real (granted, he didnt drop it when ordered, but still). I wouldnt reccomend taking it out in public, especially not if it fires any sort of projectile.

#45594 This Is How You Suck

Posted by Fuse on 06 January 2005 - 10:59 PM in Off Topic

I have no idea why they are so popular.

One word: "Strategery"

#45578 Nerf World Order

Posted by Fuse on 06 January 2005 - 09:25 PM in News

I just realized that between now, and the initilization of karma NerfHaven is going to die.

Anyone smart enough to start an intelligent thread will probably wait until Karma starts so that they can get the karma points(?) from the thread.

So the only new threads that pop up will probably be chock full of hot spicy noobage.

I personally dont know why that would happen. Anyone smart enough to make a post worth reading hopefully isnt in it for the points. This isnt EQ37. You dont post here so that you can level up or anything.

Who really gives a rats ass about Karma points? The whole system is designed so it works itself out. Personally I plan on ignoring my karma points unless I find myself in danger of admin action (which I really dont see happening). If you post for points, chances are your post isnt going to get you any + anyways.

#45577 Do People Like These Guns?

Posted by Fuse on 06 January 2005 - 09:22 PM in General Nerf

I dont know how "rare" SS2s are, but I know they are damn fine guns. Stick some brass on one and you have, in my opinion, one of the finest long range weapons in nerf.

#45576 Combustion Gun Poll

Posted by Fuse on 06 January 2005 - 09:20 PM in Homemades

Personally I feel that level of firepower has no place in a war. The ammount of power that is needed in Nerf just doesnt justify it. Im not saying they're not fun, just that I dont like seeing them used against people.

#45548 This Is How You Suck

Posted by Fuse on 06 January 2005 - 01:06 PM in Off Topic

And if you listen to most rock/punk rock type stuff, it's all mostly the same anyways.

First, that statement is wrong. Much of the main stream is the same, but most of the music in general is not. Even if it were, that doesnt make it a good thing.

Nickelback isnt punk anyways. None of what you will hear on the radio is punk rock, it is pop punk, which is a completely different genre.

Thing with punk is no one claimed they were good at playing music; they said they were good at getting drunk, hitting the strings, and yelling bloody murder at The Man.