I aquired a Quickstrike from Vistagecko back in the fall, and had plans to CPVC it. I finally bit the bullet and did it, totally ruining any collectors value it had.
- (2) 3in sections of CPVC
- Teflon Tape (E-tape is substitutable, but not recommended)
- Epoxy/Plumbers Goop/Super Glue
- Exacto Knife/Box Cutter/Razor Blade
1. You will start by removing all the attached items such as the arms and handle. The string on the arms was tied on for me, and easily undone. Cut it if you have to.
(I did the mod to one barrel to check feasability)
2. Here you are going to remove the arrow post. I used Scissors, but you can use a saw. After, drill out the remaining orange plastic. I used a 1/4 in drill bit on the first barrel (Pre-modded)
On the second, the plastic cracked, allowing me to remove the post easily. It did leave me with a large crack on the edge though. This will be fixed in the next step.
Also, remove the little purple lip next to one barrel. I don't have a picture of this, but it should be fairly obvious. Sand it flat the the base of the barrel stubs.
3. Wrap a fair amount of Teflon tape around the purple stub. If your stub cracked, just wrap it tightly until it goes back to the original form.
4. Shove your CPVC stub on the post stub. Use a razor/box cutter/exacto knife to remove the excess Teflon Tape at the base of the barrel. It should look like this:
Teflon Tape Removed:
Then shove the barrel down until it meets the purple post base.
5. Remove the barrel and apply your adhesive.
6. Push your barrels down and then run more adhesive over the outside until you are sure there are no gaps. This is for a second protecting seal. The Teflon tape should have been more than enough. This will also keep your barrels in place.
7. Allow the adhesive to dry, and repeat for the other barrel.
I don't have ranges at the moment due to the weather. It's 10*F and snowing sideways outside. I do know it can go across my house though (~55 ft) I'd compare the springs to a first gen NF spring.
Next project is adding a clothspin trigger.
All pictures I took:
Feel free to post.
boisieMember Since 05 Nov 2006
Offline Last Active Sep 24 2012 10:11 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 303
- Profile Views 3,447
- Member Title Member
- Age 26 years old
- Birthday November 11, 1993
Bitch, I'm from Cleveland