Note: Writing this up on the plane home. Stand by for format hell.
Apoc2016 (AKA, Dicks Up, Beers Down) was undoubtedly one of the most enjoyable Apoc events of the last few years. The roster was well balanced with vets and fresh talent alike, and I couldn't be more happy. To everyone who raised their hands when Langley asked, "...if this is your first Apoc...": Keep Nerfing.
Apoc stands as the most competitive war in the entire world.
- Reuniting with the LGLF and Sex Dwarves and Twins and Mag7 and Twinks and U3.
- The informal debut of the Sweet Juice Wizards.
- Conducting said wizardry with Zorn.
- (Big) Blasting fools with Ice9 for the first time in nearly four years.
- Frequent morale boosts from OMC.
- Chicken always being extra fabulous, and the silent shattering of my heart when he was always sniped from my early picks in 3-15.
- Mystic/Instinct dominating Team Valor during the unavoidable Pokemon Go speed round.
- Breaking Ice9's world record hit by landing a 282' shot on Groove while hidden in the foliage of the crescent and he in the woods with my breeched UMB (Unapologetically Milky Butt). I went back on Sunday and measured the exact distance by finding the exact dart I shot on the ground exactly where he was hit (thankfully it wasn't dart swept), bringing my overall confirmed kills throughout the day to 1, coming out to 476(1C, 475UC)/16/0 K/D/A.
- We Are...!
- The direct correlation between levels of getting wrecked and having a blast during Dom/Chickens Wingman rounds.
- Entering every round mentally prepared to get ruined by the Wonder Twins. (Status: Ruined.)
- Getting a chubby over Lucian's totally cool super-pump marshmallow cannon. Gimme that STL, yo!
- Continuing my legacy as the Queen of Hearts.
- Harley butt.
- Activating Jlego Mode and launching myself through the air during the final Pistols/Drac Rocket VIP round of the day, and not accidentally breaking someone's face in the process.
- Suicide Squad scenes that did not involve Harley butt.
- Elevator illustrations not involving Team Freight Elevator.
Thank you Langley and Ted for putting on the event and making the event possible. I love you guys so fucking much
I'm at work and I'm feeling emotional and this is my most favorite NerfHaven post in the entire world.
I love you guys so much.
I love this clan, and the people who are in it. It's been an incredible 14 year journey and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I know we're scattered all over the country now, and I'm well past my nerf expiration date, but I'll keep going if you do. Thanks guys.
I have been using a pocket knife and carving off little bits of my moms memory foam mattress the past year and she hasn't noticed yet. The foam is thick, consistent, and is the only foam I can easily find by scent. You can't do this every war though so be careful!