Hosts: Greenspike, Susa, Krawo, Scarecrow, Dan-K
Date: January 21st (Saturday)
Time: 11am - 4pm
Where: Col. Yauger Park, in western Olympia WA
Parking Lot Address: 530 Alta Street SW
Actual Park Address: 3100 Capital Mall Drive SW
- Facebook Event Listing.
- Detailed Rules Of Play.
Game types / Battlegames
Trouble In Terrorist Town
Capture the Flag
Ring The Bell
What to bring:
• Eye protection is mandatory
• Warm winter clothing
• Foam weaponry of your choice
• Pistols or melee for the pistols+melee round non-electric & non-magazine-fed
• Bazookas (BBUMB, Demolisher, Tri-Strike, Etc) because they destroy certain game items
What not to bring:
• Anything painted entirely black
• A bad attitude
• Nerf blasters: Blasters should shoot under 200fps. Any modifications are allowed.
• No Stefans. All other darts, including FVJs, are allowed.
• Any melee weapon or shield which is legal under the safety rules for Amtgard may be used. (link to rulebook. warning: PDF)
• Any melee weapon, shield, gunblade, or bayonet which is legal under the safety rules for The Evergreen State College's "Zombies@Evergreen" Humans vs Zombies student group may be used. (Link to rules - Weapon Safety Rules begin on Page 6)
• Any official NERF/Hasbro foam melee weapon or shield may be used.
• All other foam melee weapons are banned.
Two kinds of shields, "Small" and "Large". Anyone may use "Small" shields. "Large" shields have restrictions. But beware - shields are NOT totally indestructible!
• "Small": Any official NERF product with the word "Shield" in the official product name, may be used as a shield to block darts (N-Force Stonewall Shield, Modulus Shield, etc - see the full rules google doc for details on what counts)
• "Large": Any LARP shield (must be Amtgard-legal or Evergreen-Z@E-legal) may be used to block darts. But when using a "Large" LARP shield, you can only use pistols and/or melee weapons.
• Hits from "Bazooka" missiles destroy shields AND instantly kill the person who was using the shield (the Titan missile, Tri-strike, Demolisher, BBUMB, Big Blast, etc - again, see the full rules google doc for details on what counts)
We'll meet near the parking lot around 10:30 and hopefully get playing by 11. Lunch break will be around 1pm. There is a Safeway and 4-5 fast food places within one block's walking distance. Play will continue until it starts to get dark.
If you're coming from Evergreen College, it's like a 15 min ride on the #48 bus.
Attendees (as of this posting):
+ Greenspike +2
+ Scarecrow +1
+ Gizmo ±1
+ WalcomS7 +1
+ Captain Xavier
+ Brett, lord of Sledgefires
+ Jaxmeh +1-or-2(?)