That being said, the Season of Foam Nor Cal war will be there. There won't be any question about wether or not we'll be in an open field or anything of the sort, and EVERYONE will be on neutral ground, because quite frankly, it's not my home turf either.
Here's the rundown:
JULY 18th, 2009
10:00 AM (PST) until I get knocked out again.
Cooper Elementary School
750 Christine Dr.
PARK IN THE MAIN LOT; YOU CAN'T MISS IT
WHAT TO BRING
- A GOOD night's sleep. You're going to want it.
- SUNSCREEN. I can't stress this enough.
- WATER, and LOTS of it. There may be drinking fountains available, but don't count on them.
- Legal guns (see below), eye protection (see below), and ammunition (see below.)
- NO bad attitudes. If you're being a dick, you'll be treated like one, and you'll be jerked around until you explode. And you WON'T enjoy it.
- We understand that accidents happen, but for the bulk of the day, please do what you can to keep foul language to a minimum, or at least at a low volume. It is a PRIVILEGE that we are allowed to use the facilities we use, NOT our right, so let's at least maintain a SOMEWHAT civilized demeanor, mmkay?
- Bringing your own ammunition is MANDATORY
- Wearing eye protection is MANDATORY. We play in closer quarters than what most of you are used to, and for your own good, I am demanding it of you. Please don't test me on this; you WILL be asked to leave, or at the very least, be forced to wear a borrowed pair.
- NO GUNS PAINTED COMPLETELY BLACK.
- Any and all nerf and off-brand foam projectile firing blasters that are not on the 'banned' list.
- Nerf Brand Foam Swords (no boffers or pool noodles on PVC, please). ALL H2H users must be using a projectile-firing blaster of some kind as their PRIMARY weapon. A pistol in your pocket does not count; it must be in your hand.
- Pokegrenades loaded with legally-constructed nerf ammunition (no weights showing, etc.) Maximum of ten feet on bungee lengths. Must remain tethered to your person when thrown.
- NO singled Titans. No exceptions. Shotgunned, missile, or ball titans are acceptable.
- NO singled signal launchers. Again, shotgunned, missile and ball variants are acceptable.
ANY gun that seems to be overpowered for any reason during the day is subject to removal from play without notice. Don't argue about it; it is YOUR responsibility to bring a backup weapon of some sort.
Gameplay rules will be discussed AT the war. There's no reason to discuss anything like that here in the thread, because we will be going over it again at the war anyway.
This is set up to be the most Effeminate nor cal war ever, but it needs YOU there to make it happen. BRING YOUR FRIENDS!
Actually, while we're at it...bring YOURSELF! A number of Southern California nerfers are making plans to come up to this war, in exchange for many of you coming to ours the week before.