Photo

Where To Buy 30 Nerf Guns And 15 Bags Of Ammo?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:14 PM

I need 30 Nite Finders and 15 bags of tagger darts. I've checked HasbroToyShop, Target, Kmart, and Wal-Mart, but none of them would sell the required number for a reasonable price. I also need a vendor that can handle non-profit orders. Any suggestions?

#2 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:18 PM

I need 30 Nite Finders and 15 bags of tagger darts. I've checked HasbroToyShop, Target, Kmart, and Wal-Mart, but none of them would sell the required number for a reasonable price. I also need a vendor that can handle non-profit orders. Any suggestions?

Why so many NF. Sorry I don't have any suggestions though.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#3 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:45 PM

Common sense tells me that unless you are a legitimate business, no vendor will sell to you for anything less than store price.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it matters if you are non-profit or not. You're still not a business.
USA

#4 dart

dart

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:18 PM

Am with eric youre a business you have to buy store price for all of those gun and ammo.Also why do you need 30 nf's? allmost everyone has a nf.

Edited by dart, 26 September 2007 - 11:19 PM.

I went into the choir room today and told the teacher," I can ony sing base" she said," I can fix that" she gave me a prompt kick in the nuts; i've been singing soprano ever since.

~DART

#5 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:55 AM

Sounds to me like he is in charge of a youth group or something like that and wants to put together a large Nerf tag game, with everything owned by the group so everyone can play on even ground.

#6 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:20 PM

If you can find'em, try Costco. For awhile they had dart tag sets, with lots of ammo and nitefinders and I think the Dart Tag 10-round blaster. I haven't seen one in awhile but that might make it worth your while. Otherwise, dept stores are your best bet. I used to take tax-exempt forms all the time when I was a cashier at Target.

#7 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:35 PM

Double post.

Edited by Thom, 27 September 2007 - 06:43 PM.

#8 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:36 PM

Go to all your local Targets and buy everything.

#9 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:42 PM

I need the NFs and darts for a war my school's gaming club is holding late next month. (There's a thread about it in the Nerf Wars forum.) We're hoping to attract new players who might appreciate something to do on an occasional Saturday other than going out and getting hammered. At least, that's how we spun it to the people handing out the program funding -_-.

I'm not expecting to pay less than six bucks apiece; my trouble is finding enough of them. Hasbro Toy Shop will sell them for just under that, but they'll only sell ten at a time and won't handle tax-exempt orders (the tax adds up on a big order). The other places I checked either didn't offer them or charged something like eight bucks. The only thing I can think of is hitting every Target within driving range.

#10 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:55 PM

I don't know how much sales tax is in NY, but here in PA it's just 6%. If they cost $5.75(Just under $6?), the tax on 30 would only be $11, which is better than paying $60+ extra on your order(the $8 at 'other places'). Just get 3 different people to order 10 each from Hasbro, maybe?

#11 angrscottishkid

angrscottishkid

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:59 PM

Not sure about this idea, but as long as none of the guns break couldnt you just buy them at a dept. store, save the receipts, and return them when your done?

hope this helps,

spicy
In the words of colonel Sanders, I'm to drunk to chase this chicken.

#12 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:56 PM

Bah Sales tax, so sad.
Lived in Oregon for so long I don't even think of it.

#13 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:04 AM

I'm sure with a well drafted letter on your school's letterhead with all your info you could get hasbro to just donate the guns. When I was in high school all the clubs I was in always had places either donate or offer huge discounts on whatever items we had. Hip Hop club had a spoken word poetry competition and a letter and a few phone calls got us 3 ipod minis from best buy.

It's not that hard. Everyone loves donating to schools. They'll get a bigger tax break for donating than they would you actually purchasing the merchandise.

If you can't go to hasbro, go to target, or a bunch of large chain toy stores to see if they'll donate even 1 or 5 or 10.

It doesn't hurt to ask.

#14 SofaKing

SofaKing

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:38 PM

I think the 25% off with free shipping code is good at the Hasbro.com site for another week,Try " 25FALL " code from the checkout.

Edited by SofaKing, 28 September 2007 - 03:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users