Photo

Halo 3

82 replies to this topic

#26 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:00 AM

This sin't a spoiler or anything, but there were some vids up of some guys playing last night(illegally, of course) and one guy somehow managed to smack a warthog rocketing towards him with the grav hammer. It was like baseball, but the ball was 5 times his size.

Hah, sounds like they're trying to adopt Unreal's rejections. Too bad it'll never be as cool.

I'm somewhat excited for Halo 3. I don't have a 360, I'm perfectly happy with my XBox for now.
I'm sure the game will be awsome, though.

#27 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:30 AM

Whoa, it's getting released tonight? I'm going to watch the news to see if there is any tramplings... and also weird people that buy 70 copies of Halo 3... what the hell?

#28 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:37 AM

Hey guys check this out, my friend just sent me the link. It's a REAL-LIFE Warthog!!

http://www.gamevideo.../video/id/14972

It drives just as bad in real life as in the video game.

Edited by b00m13, 25 September 2007 - 09:38 AM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#29 Ccapogreca

Ccapogreca

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:51 AM

got my legendary edition this morning 12:01. its teh best game ever!

Edited by Ccapogreca, 25 September 2007 - 09:51 AM.

QUOTE(keef @ Oct 25 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

Grow a penis and say it to his face. Hes a bodybuilder and would eat you for breakfast.

#30 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:13 AM

Halo 3 can bite my ass. I spent 4 hours last night I should have been sleeping trying to kill sons of bitches who knew the maps and weapons better than I did. I hope the campaign is worth the money, or else I just spent $130 for a fucking plastic helmet I can't even wear.

PS, has anyone seen this:
http://www.hottopic....534374302028375
I hate you.

#31 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

Holy shit, can you say "bad-ass AT2K integration"? If I were a rich-bitch suburb kid, I would buy those for sure.

More on-topic: I haven't played any Halo game since the first, what did I miss? I personally prefer Tribes.

#32 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:57 PM

OMC, that is like the uber-pwnage of the century right there. Now if I only had 200 dollars I could get them. But a person can dream, they can dream.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#33 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:13 PM

Can you say cream in teh pants?

Because I couldn't once I played the game. But I don't deny creaming my pants.

I didn't subside into a 360 and thus not playing the Halo 2 Solo or Co-Op play, so what did I miss as well?

I played part of the co-op and some multi along with Forage (MEGA PANTS CREAMAGE). So far, I am selling le GayCube and le N64 and a shit load of games and shit to save up for the Halo 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 and a LE Halo 3.

I read the books so far up to about a quarter through Ghosts of Onix, so I know I will get some spoilers of Halo 2, but I don't care. Just nothing out of Halo 3 please.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#34 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:40 PM

You wont get much for a gamecube or an n64 these days. Especially if you plan to sell it to a gametop.

I would say you should save those and your crapload of games in case you ever want to play then in the future.

More on-topic, I hope this game has better single player than halo 2, because halo 2's single player was horrible.
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#35 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:38 PM

My friend claims to have gotten 100 dollars out of his gamecube and 8 games. I dont play them much any more and I would rather buy games I would play more and could actually use more. I happen to have a LCD game screen for my Gamecube and a case and stuff. Depending on how much I get for my games, I estimate getting around 150 for all that stuff. And as far as the n64 goes, I would be better off selling it at gamestop rather than online or on Ebay since its not as old as SNES but not new like the Gamecube.

Back on topic now, we tested Forage mode and wow....its more than just customizing a map, its battleing at the same time. Im talking spawn some stuff for your team, grab whatever guns your want, and fly onto the feild as the monitor. I did the honors in pissing a lot of people off by buzzing behind their hovering hornet or banshee and smashing 10 different kinds of hell into them with the grav hammer. And the best part, to my amazement, is that Microsoft still left some things out from the releases and trailers. We were/are still finding stuff out about the game that wasn't released into the public. Unlockable armor seems like a nice way to really urge you to play the single player. And the single player was good as far as I actually got to play it. You really try to hang onto that tactical edge as they always had in the books in this one. The needler will probably be turned WAY down. Didn't seem to powerful or anything...but I guess with the rest of the changes in the guns it gets to bring out its mighty touch of God it always had even more so.

Things that did disapoint me was the speed of the Brute Chopper. In the reviews and screenshots, it seemed to have been going much faster for some reason. On a more random note, they remind me of the pod racers in Star Wars Episode one.

Another disapointment was the stick and fire grenades. They dont have that big of a radius to them. I must say though, the spike nades do a lot of damage when you get them close enough too. As far as the fire nades, I didn't try them out much. Just a trial throw to see the fire radius and then see what kind of damage it did. It did seem to spread the fire when walking through it so I think vehicles might be fun with those. It doesn't hurt to pick them up.

SPI armor doesn't seem to work. Maybe we didn't unlock the right kind yet, but I really looked forward to the new armor from the book series being in there. It would have made co-op a little more interesting. I found myself shouting to flank right and I would hang left and stuff like that. I could see having someone with the SPI armor going left and getting even more assassination kills that way along with the 2 stickies you are able to pull off and hand full of lead you can throw into their heads. Its funny, me finding what I dont like out of the game when I give it 5 out of 5 instantly.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#36 chalywong

chalywong

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:52 PM

haloshop.net

check it out. My friends and I have an entire store rented out solely to play halo 3. Live Webcam feed and journal updates.

#37 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:18 PM

So appearantly I'm the only person that doesn't give a rat's ass about Halo.
I'll just have to wait until Unreal Tournament 3 comes out.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#38 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:28 PM

Heretic.

The flame grenades are a gift from Bungie when you're fighting the Flood, as is the Flamethrower. The Maulers are great against Combat Forms. Energy Swords whould be saved for use against the super-strength Flood (when one of the spider-like creatures fuses with a Combat Form).
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#39 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

Haha, check This out, it gave me a laugh.
I was a fan of the first Halo, but I didn't like the second one much.
When is UT3 coming out anyways?
I'll be all over that one.

Edited by nerfturtle, 25 September 2007 - 09:36 PM.

The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#40 Trogdorian Grey

Trogdorian Grey

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:18 PM

Posted Image

#41 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:32 AM

Your not alone buddy. Thats exactly wat I was about to say. Unreal is so intence. After playing Unreal, Halo makes me want to fall asleep.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#42 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:49 AM

Your not alone buddy. Thats exactly wat I was about to say. Unreal is so intence. After playing Unreal, Halo makes me want to fall asleep.

Hah, except that was Unreal Championship. I can't wait to see UC3 on the 360, I'm thinking it's gonna blow Halo 3 away. Halo 3 is still gonna be a good game, I just don't think it'll ever be as fun to me as the incredibly fast-paced up-in-your-face action Unreal has.
If UC2 were a massive party, Halo 2 would be nap time.

#43 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:25 PM

Hey guys check this out, my friend just sent me the link. It's a REAL-LIFE Warthog!!

http://www.gamevideo.../video/id/14972

It drives just as bad in real life as in the video game.

What the hell? You thing the warthog drives bad in the games, are you insane? Do you think any other vehicle(except for airplanes and such) would be able to drop from a couple of hundred feet's and land safely without a scratch?

Now seriously nice video.
QUOTE(VACC @ Aug 16 2007, 03:52 AM) View Post

Does posting in agreement somehow validate your standing in the community? Personally I think it just makes you look like a tool.

the el snapo again

#44 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:26 PM

What the hell? You thing the warthog drives bad in the games, are you insane? Do you think any other vehicle(except for airplanes and such) would be able to drop from a couple of hundred feet's and land safely without a scratch?

Now seriously nice video.

So, what you're saying is that it drives so badly they had to design it to crash well?

Halo 3 is the same as Halo 1, and Halo 2. I've played them all, and I've got it on good authority from a beta tester, who's played through it extensively, that most of the changes are superficial.

On that note, the same thing kinda goes for Unreal. They have the same gameplay and weapons for all of their games too.

Whatever works. I'm just sick of hearing about it being "revolutionary". Gosh, a first person shooter? What a novel idea. I have the same amount of fun playing Goldeneye.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#45 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:41 PM

I got it at 12:01 When it came out. I played it until 2:00 AM on a school night!
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#46 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:02 PM

I got it at 12:01 When it came out. I played it until 2:00 AM on a school night!

Your a bad ass.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#47 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:18 PM

Golly Gee! Half the boys in our local Vo-tech was missing Tuesday. Some have already beat the game. Some already have most the un-lockable armor. But 2:00 am on a school night, thats rough man, you should be given a medal or something. I think forge mode was a little cheesy to get back on-topic. I found it annoying when my friend kept spawning grav hammers. But he wasn't laughing when he got sniped out the sky in valhalla.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#48 Ccapogreca

Ccapogreca

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:15 AM

yea I did too. it was fun, until that morning :blink:
I got it beat the 25th, but our electricity went off so i couldnt play online. Im trying to figure out how to get more armor.
QUOTE(keef @ Oct 25 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

Grow a penis and say it to his face. Hes a bodybuilder and would eat you for breakfast.

#49 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

When is UT3 coming out anyways?

End of November

On that note, the same thing kinda goes for Unreal. They have the same gameplay and weapons for all of their games too.

Eh, the weapons changed a great deal between UT99 and 2k4.
FPS games in general are not very revolutionary. I just prefer the weapon balance and gameplay of the UT series above all of the others. It's great for LAN parties because it doesn't require much practice for anyone to just jump in and play.

All of that aside I've been having fun playing Exteel through open beta.
http://www.exteel.com/us/
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#50 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:48 AM

I just played it at a friend's house, it's OK. It saddens me that this topic has twice the number of pages as Blister's Supermaxx mod thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users