Night Warfare

My weapon for Night Wars

31 replies to this topic

#26 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:43 AM

Aww shit, someone killed a nightfinder again.
Edit: Sorry, didn't notice this was old.
Maybe we should have a warning like NHQ does so noobs (like me) will necro topics less.

Edited by pulletman, 05 April 2008 - 12:45 AM.

QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#27 Jollex

Jollex

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:22 AM

in this way everyone in the room is flashed.

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole :P

#28 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:59 AM

The almighty eye-damager may be fun, but you've got to be careful. I've had high-powered flashlights, laser pointers, spotlights and camera flashes shone in my eyes and I was blinded for a short time. While it's useful for night wars, I'd suggest using actual blasters and flashlights more often so you don't damage people's eyes.

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice the necro.

Edited by deaddumpster, 05 April 2008 - 08:26 AM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#29 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:34 PM

^ He isn't kidding.

You can actually be killed by the charge stored in a camera capacitor.

I would take care as to isolate the capacitors well.

I didn't think a flash bulb used that much current at that much voltage. While the voltage is sufficient to do damage, I sincerely doubt that at 2500V, the amperage is high enough to do any damage at all.

The electrical resistance in the human body is several million ohms (measured it in my Digital Electronics lab in high school). So lets take 3,000,000 ohms*.015 amperes (fatal amount across the heart). You would need 45k volts to kill. That doesn't mean it won't hurt like a bitch though.

Edited because I type too fast and can't notice small spelling errors.

Edited by eddieoctane, 05 April 2008 - 06:57 PM.

C8H18

#30 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

^ He isn't kidding.

You can actually be killed by the charge stored in a camera capacitor.

I would take care as to isolate the capacitors well.

I didn't think a flash bulb used that much current at that much voltage. While the voltage is sufficient to do damage, I sincerely doubt that at 2500V, the amperage is high enough to do any damage at all.

The electrical resistance in the human body is several million ohms (measured it in my Digital Electronics lab in high school). So lets take 3,000,000 ohms*.015 amperes (fatal amount across the heart). You would need 45k volts to kill. That doesn't mean it won't hurt like a bitch though.

Edited because I type too fast and can't notice small spelling errors.

You also assume, that all people are the same average.

Trust me. I had a professor get thrown 20 feet back into a chalkboard, caused by a shock from a disposable camera capacitor.

Capacitors are not things to be taken lightly.

Edited by AJAQ, 05 April 2008 - 07:12 PM.

~AJAQ~

#31 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:55 PM

If your prof was thrown across the room, 8 times out of ten it was arc-flash. Electric field strong enough to throw a person across a room would probably pull screws out of every computer in the building. I say this because human beings don't have a very strong magnetic field. However, if the magnets are strong enough, any piece of matter can be affected. But a rapid flow of current can vaporize metal, and the concussive force from that can be lethal.

I am not saying that a capacitor discharge can't be deadly as an electric shock. I just don't see the magnetic field associated with the electric field in a camera capacitor being capable of throwing a screw a few inches, let alone a person across the room.
C8H18

#32 CAP Blue Beret

CAP Blue Beret

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:13 PM

You can also turn a disposible camera in to a tazzer! I don't know how legal that would be, just something to think about though.
Check out NerfNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users