In response to enormous bashing

41 replies to this topic

#26 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:16 PM

Alright, alright, he proved his fucking claim, leave the guy alone.

#27 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:28 PM

If you are going to arc it an fire it over your head, then yes it should go far. That however is a worthless tactic in an actual war. I promise you won't hit anyone like that, EVER. Congratulations on proving nothing but the obvious.

Here is what I said previously:
"From camra view, it looks like the gun is angled to the moon, but the cam is below me and to the right, so it gives a rather false look on the angle. In reality it's a reasonable angle, about 45-60 degrees. BTW, flat it gets 60-65ft"

Isn't 65ft good for flat? I should think 115ft is good for a 45 angle too, or even a 60.

EDIT: I just check forsakenangel's mod directory and noticed that no one got within 10ft of my flat range, or if they did they didn't say so. Some said they got more then my flat range yet they did not say if their ranges were flat or angled. There was one mod in which the maker said it got 75ft flat, at a 45-55 angle. Doesn't sound right to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like my flat range combined with the quick rate of fire makes for a nice gun.

Edited by precisionnerfer, 17 July 2007 - 05:54 PM.

"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#28 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:32 PM

EDIT: I just check forsakenangel's mod directory and noticed that no one got within 10ft of my flat range, or if they did they didn't say so. Some said they got more then my flat range yet they did not say if their ranges were flat or angled. There was one mod in which the maker said it got 75ft flat, at a 45-55 angle. Doesn't sound right to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like my flat range combined with the quick rate of fire makes for a nice gun.

Well modded Nitefinders (spring replacement, barrel replacement, seal improvement, etc.) get somewhere around 70'-75' flat. My Nitefinder gets around there.

#29 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:06 PM

OK so you tried rubbing it in my face via PM. Now I watch this video and you're shooting mortar shots.

Seriously if Anyone measured ranges by this, my scout could hit 70'. SSPB's would hit the 100' mark.

As OMC said, this is not nerf.

I'll admit that you have done a good mod, especially without a barrel, but I'm sure my NFs could hit that range on that angle.

Thanks for proving it, I really wasn't trying to be a jerk in the beginning.

So are you going to reveal your NF "secret"?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#30 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

OK so you tried rubbing it in my face via PM. Now I watch this video and you're shooting mortar shots.

Seriously if Anyone measured ranges by this, my scout could hit 70'. SSPB's would hit the 100' mark.

As OMC said, this is not nerf.

I'll admit that you have done a good mod, especially without a barrel, but I'm sure my NFs could hit that range on that angle.

Thanks for proving it, I really wasn't trying to be a jerk in the beginning.

So are you going to reveal your NF "secret"?

I understand. I now encourage everyone to look at my background as a NIC modder and ebay seller to understand my unusual angles and look on ranges and such.
1. I am brand spankin new to Nerf Haven. I have not had enough time to realize that many ranges are posted as flat ones. I just thought that mine was better and wanted to share it and possibly sell it.
2. I began Nerfing ventures with unmodded guns, and then bought one over ebay, and then was disappointed, and then came up with mods of my own, [Which simply are better then what they sell on ebay]
3. I realized I could make a little extra cash selling these mods so I checked out ever other successful ebayer's selling habits. All of the guns I had bought had angled ranges, as Nerfer said, "mortar shots" Even when I got them I had to angle them a lot to get close to what they said. [my friend also had a mod man gun and it was the same with that one] I had to anlge them a whole lot more then what I did in the video as well. Like I said before the camera man was below me so it really wasn't that high, but I know those shots would not be effective in the wars.
4. Since everyone else did mortar shots, you can't really blame me for doing the same thing. I just wanted to not look like a dork. Of course most of their angled shots would surpass my flat ones even if I knew anyone ever did flat. So coming onto the Nerf forums, I thought every ones ranges were angled. Someone should put an explanation in the COC or something.
5. When I posted my gun here, everyone bashed me because of this.

With that said, now you know a bit more about why I saw things the way I did.

I have learned a good lesson, and now my trading thread, [if any] will have down to earth descriptions and very detailed performance description.

While I'm fessing up I have a few things to admit:
I had a lot of experimenting today to find that I have pathetic nite finder barrel replacement skills. Yes, I do think it's a good mod without barrel replacement.
I also found that I could simulate a longer barrel by making my darts shorter. By trial and error I found a great length and, [believe me or not but I am not making a video] they get 70ft flat from the nite finder. This tells me that I was wrong about the barrel thing, sorry guys. Write ups on this dart, the nite finder, and a DTB as well as an even better CDTS will be out shortly.
To sum it all up: I am really not a screwy or dishonest person, I just was mislead by the other ebay sellers, [excluding wldworld] and did not take enough time to notice a change in the NIC, which would be hard to do, so that's why I looked like a cheapo. I want to start a fresh, with dead solid blunt truth no funny buisness flat ebay and NIC descriptions. My next trading thread will give the NIC a first pick of products, at a disputable price, with easy to read and no nonsense descriptions. I always wanted to contribute my little ideas, and will do so in the future. I also like to do Nerf Wars as well, and am not in it just for the money. I now ask for you all to wipe the slate clean, and give me a second go at things. Please reply to this post or pm me with something letting me know how you stand. I would like at least one respectable member to post so all the new people won't think I'm cheap.
Thanks and be ready for a new:
PN :)
[Alright Nerfer I know you weren't being a jerk, you just sounded like one to me because I sounded like one to all of you!]
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#31 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

I doubt shortening your darts would make them go farther in the same size barrel. To me, it sounds like they would fishtail with all the air pushing in the AR hole and not enough pushing the outside of the dart...

Or in a better sense, the dart doesn't get enough time to have the air from the plunger get it's full effect due to the shortness AND having the dart still have a stock dart tip.

If eveything I just said makes sense to anyone then you can see he is lying.

Not to be a butthole or anything about your above statement, I should help you with your barrel situation.

Go to OMC
Buy PETG
Cut 4.5 inches of it
Sand the stock Barrel enough for it to be jammed in
Jam the PETG in
Put 1/2 PVC over to protect
Shoot your little sister, or neighborly cat being hunted by the local chinese food place.

-keef

Edited by keef, 17 July 2007 - 10:28 PM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#32 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:26 PM

Not that I'm a respected member or anything, but I liked that you backed up your claim(s) in a timely fashion without any bullshit(i.e. 10 ft parking spaces :)). Occasionally shots are angled as such in wars, but they are maybe 1% of shots, and they rarely hit.

Also, isn't 60 degrees very excessive? I would think there'd be a point, not much past 45 degrees(not that I'm a physics expert or anything) that would actually decrease range rather than adding to it, no?

#33 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:36 PM

45 degrees would be the limit, anything higher and force is being wasted in propelling the dart higher.

#34 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:57 PM

I doubt shortening your darts would make them go farther in the same size barrel. To me, it sounds like they would fishtail with all the air pushing in the AR hole and not enough pushing the outside of the dart...

Or in a better sense, the dart doesn't get enough time to have the air from the plunger get it's full effect due to the shortness AND having the dart still have a stock dart tip.

Not to be a butthole or anything about your above statement, I should help you with your barrel situation.

Go to OMC
Buy PETG
Cut 4.5 inches of it
Sand the stock Barrel enough for it to be jammed in
Jam the PETG in
Put 1/2 PVC over to protect
Shoot your little sister, or neighborly cat being hunted by the local chinese food place.

-keef

Wow, I do not want to go over everything again. My latest ebay comment was something like: "STAND UP SELLER MAN OF HIS WORD!" I proved my freakin claim because you guys would not believe me, first a write up on the darts, then explanation, and finally a high quality video to prove that my gun gets the range!! I would not have any reason to lie. Oh, and if you read the thread it would describe how I make my darts. You will notice they do not have a stock tip. If I shorten them that does not mean I have a stock tip, but it does mean that they will fit further in the barrel, simulating a longer one, giving me better ranges. Please do not call me a liar until you read the thread and actually try what I say yourself. No offense keef I just am tired of that sort of thing and everyone makes mistakes, probably even me now in this post somewhere. You get the point though.

RAMBO: Yes 60 is excessive, but like I said all the other ebayer's were so I did it too to fit in. I didn't think it was wrong and I did think everyone else did it the same way. Also yes, the darts will cease to go far at a certain angle, although I'm not sure what that is. I think 55 degree is the max out point but above that it just goes more up then forward. If dark infection is right, [which I kind of hope he is] I could not have anlged it more then 45 without it stinking.

I am ready for any other comments or flames but please someone tell me they know I am heading in the right direction now.

-PN
-Piney-
-AJAQ-

#35 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:10 PM

1. I have tested very small Stefans before (1" or under). I stacked 2 or 3 of them in my barrel and had a small shotgun blast. They flew just as straight as my regular Stefans, but they did get less ranges (though my barrel was 12" long, while PN's is like 2").

2. Reading what he said, you would have noticed that he said he was using Streamline darts. Streamline darts have no head on them. So actually, a shorter dart would allow the dart to be pushed back further, forcing it to travel further and gain more momentum.

If your so convinced he's lying, go take a streamline dart, and a Nitefinder with the air restrictors and post removed, and test the angled range on it. Then cut the dart down a little bit and test again. Cut more, test again, etc. As long as you keep shoving the dart all the way down the barrel, you might see that the ranges will go up as the dart gets shorter (to a point, then the ranges decrease).

His Nitefinder shot 115', you all saw that. That's all his claim was. PN, as far as I'm concerned, you are perfectly fine. I never thought your claim was absolutely rediculous in the first place, and you went out and made a video showing what you said was true. I believe every bit of what you said, there's no reason not to.

#36 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:21 PM

Retiate I'm not saying this to be a butt yet I didn't say I used streamline darts, but dart tag darts.
here is what I use to make the darts:

"What you will need:
A hot glue gun [preferably low temp]
However many sticks of glue you wish
1 or more like new or better DART TAG darts. [Velcro tipped]
Some 4.5mm bbs.
Sharp scissors [I used kitchen scissors]
finger nails [those normally come with your fingers]
mild dart making skills"
Go back to the begining of the thread to see the instructions.

I'm not meaning to correct you but just so no one goes out and buys over priced streamlines to make better ones I thought I'd say that. Hope you understand my intentions.
-PN
EDIT: oh and don't anyone waste their time with a streamline dart + nite finder with posts gone. It might be a little funny to watch, but, useless in a war. It just makes a weird noise, and then the tail just spins round and round and it gets about 10 whole feet. Keef would be sitting up pretty late getting that to work.

DOUBLE EDIT: oh and BTW keef, how would I sand the inside of a barrel properly? I can't find out how in the mod directory and I already have OMC PETG. If you know how or know a link let me know, from what I hear about barrel upgrades 70ft flat with a stock one could mean.... 80-85ft flat with upgraded!? Once I have all this info I'll get a write up. Don't anyone make the darts like i said at first though, I found out a new way which works much better that I will include with the write up.

Edited by precisionnerfer, 17 July 2007 - 11:30 PM.

-Piney-
-AJAQ-

#37 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:43 AM

Retiate I'm not saying this to be a butt yet I didn't say I used streamline darts, but dart tag darts.
here is what I use to make the darts:

"What you will need:
A hot glue gun [preferably low temp]
However many sticks of glue you wish
1 or more like new or better DART TAG darts. [Velcro tipped]
Some 4.5mm bbs.
Sharp scissors [I used kitchen scissors]
finger nails [those normally come with your fingers]
mild dart making skills"
Go back to the begining of the thread to see the instructions.

I'm not meaning to correct you but just so no one goes out and buys over priced streamlines to make better ones I thought I'd say that. Hope you understand my intentions.
-PN
EDIT: oh and don't anyone waste their time with a streamline dart + nite finder with posts gone. It might be a little funny to watch, but, useless in a war. It just makes a weird noise, and then the tail just spins round and round and it gets about 10 whole feet. Keef would be sitting up pretty late getting that to work.

DOUBLE EDIT: oh and BTW keef, how would I sand the inside of a barrel properly? I can't find out how in the mod directory and I already have OMC PETG. If you know how or know a link let me know, from what I hear about barrel upgrades 70ft flat with a stock one could mean.... 80-85ft flat with upgraded!? Once I have all this info I'll get a write up. Don't anyone make the darts like i said at first though, I found out a new way which works much better that I will include with the write up.

Er... Converted darts...
Yeah. The ones with the replaces heads. I don't know why I was thinking Streamline darts.
And about the Streamline dart spinning out, the reason it does that is because it has a hole in the tip, so air catches in there and makes it fishtail. Cutting down a converted stock dart and pushing it down the stock barrel will give better ranges.
Sorry about the confusion.

And, you don't want to sand the stock barrel. The best is to remove it completely, and replace it with PETG. Make sure you glue the barrel on with Epoxy, Plumbers Goop, or some other strong adhesive. Hotglue will not work, it will just come off.

#38 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:53 AM

Actually, 45 degrees is the max limit if air resistance and wind are negligible.

With wind and air resistance as a factor, it may not necessarily be the max limit of angle for maximum range.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#39 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:16 AM

60-65 ft is BELIEVABLE for a level NF. That is all that really matters. Really, with that range, it's not some magical NF or something. There's no reason to continue on as if this is a phenomenal mod.
I hate you.

#40 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:12 PM

;)

60-65 ft is BELIEVABLE for a level NF. That is all that really matters. Really, with that range, it's not some magical NF or something. There's no reason to continue on as if this is a phenomenal mod.

That's fine. I actually apologized for that in this thread. I still thought it was kind of good but since 70ft flat is about average for no barrel upgrade, and since 115ft is average for angled range, I just won't do any write ups.
I guess I just thought that with the quick rate of fire due to the short barrel and no bands to deal with, it would make a good mod. Oh well. :(

Edited by precisionnerfer, 18 July 2007 - 01:13 PM.

-Piney-
-AJAQ-

#41 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:28 PM

Well, why don't you post your write up and see what others think?

I mean if you do something that is different from all the other NF mods, then you'll be applauded.

I really honestly only have 2 out of 4 good NFs. I'd be interested in seeing what you do to these mods, or possibly even purchasing one since, I'm now down to three.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#42 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:35 PM

Well, why don't you post your write up and see what others think?

I mean if you do something that is different from all the other NF mods, then you'll be applauded.

I really honestly only have 2 out of 4 good NFs. I'd be interested in seeing what you do to these mods, or possibly even purchasing one since, I'm now down to three.

Well, I do a few things a little differently, but the gun mod itself is not actually that great. I would like to know where to find better o rings, how to do a better seal, and things like that, but I don't really have a good solution for that. I guess I'll do write ups just for one, actually, from looking at the directory no barrel upgrade is pretty good for 70ft flat. Also I used I home depot spring so any new person to modding could do it. Most mods now have a barrel replacement, and seal stuff. Yet my mod will take less time, with less materials, with the same range, with quicker rate of fire, so I guess it would be great to throw it in the lot. EDIT: I am still working on it, yes it has been a week, but I'm getting more information and doing more exp's so I can perfect it.

Edited by precisionnerfer, 23 July 2007 - 09:10 PM.

-Piney-
-AJAQ-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users