#26 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • State:California
  • Mad Artisan Labs on Youtube

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:17 PM

Does 1 1/2" pvc actually give that good of a seal on ballistic balls? Because I've been looking for a decent barrel material for the balls.

Yes, it has a very tight seal, I had to sand the inside some to make it a little easier to load them, it's a very tight seal.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#27 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:03 AM

I'm trying to make a ballgun of my own, but can't find the right barrel material. I bought a bunch of buzz bee balls, which are the same size as the green nerf balls and they don't fit in 1.5" PVC, which kind are you using?
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#28 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:35 AM

I am suddenly experiencing an unprecedented attraction to balls.

This thing is awsome, and thank you for all the information. I am going to finally mod my Titan in a way I like.

Do the ball pumps really pump very jerkily? Because if they do, I guess I'd just get a pump from Walmart, but if they aren't extremely annoying, I would like to purchase one from you.

I am suddenly experiencing an unprecedented attraction to balls.

What do you mean by "jerkily?"
I modded mine with a $1 ball pump and I can prime it in 2 pumps and 3 fully.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#29 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:15 PM

Hey, I call dibs on FingPecan 2, and it will involve a clipped Firefly.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#30 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:52 PM

Hey, I call dibs on FingPecan 2, and it will involve a clipped Firefly.

You're not invited. Sorry.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#31 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:57 PM

Cool mod, nice paintjob. I think another possible name for it could be something like: FoamFuck 6k

Edited by Spectre666, 26 June 2007 - 09:58 PM.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#32 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:30 PM

Cool mod, nice paintjob. I think another possible name for it could be something like: FoamFuck 6k

Now you're just trying too hard.

#33 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:47 PM

After seeing the missile loaded onto the Titan... some thoughts came to mind, one in particular was a commercial where the guy was REALLY happy because he switched to Enzyte...

and that guy's name is my choice for this mod, his name:

Smiling Bob
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#34 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:07 PM

That's not trying hard, that's not trying at all.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#35 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:19 PM

Why do I get shunned so fast? I have it 1/2 done already. A Firefly with a Ball Magazine that should get 50ish. I don't know though.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#36 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:41 PM

Because you stole his name. It sounds like an awesome idea though, be sure to post when you are done. And, bags, that might just be the most amazing titan, if you can still call it that, that I have ever seen. Awesome.
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#37 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:28 AM

Why do I get shunned so fast? I have it 1/2 done already. A Firefly with a Ball Magazine that should get 50ish. I don't know though.

Because You Try to make your own shit, that's a variant on someone else's concept, then stick the Original name and A 2 after it. And your UBS 2 doesn't count either by the way... that comes when I re-Design MY system, that I came up with for MY clan, Bitch.

I thought up something Crazy ass shit, took a forum joke, and combined the two into something real, You're just trying to steal my thunder, Don't even think you can do that. It won't work.

Also, are you even slightly aware of the amount of air output you need to fire a ball some 50 feet? there's so much drag on those things it's amazing a Titan gets them as far as it does, and a firefly, is just a big maverick, it won't even come out of the barrel. Quite frankly, I doubt my Maximizer, which has the highest air volume for a spring gun besides an Ultimator, could get even half the distance the titan does. now, I'm not saying Don't try and do it, I'm saying COME UP WITH A DIFFERENT NAME.

Dumbass.

-Bags

Ps: To all of you who are suggesting alternative names, It's fuckingpecan, and that's final. If I ever give it an alternative name, it's going to be FAR stupider than any of your suggestions.

#38 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:44 PM

Quite frankly, I doubt my Maximizer, which has the highest air volume for a spring gun besides an Ultimator, could get even half the distance the titan does.

It's kinda off topic, but why aren't there any Ultimators or Maximizers modded to fire micros?

Even after a whole week, I still can't get over how crazy the paint job turned out.

#39 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:45 PM

It's kinda off topic, but why aren't there any Ultimators or Maximizers modded to fire micros?

Even after a whole week, I still can't get over how crazy the paint job turned out.

Thanks for the compliments on the PJ, Honestly, I somewhat Half-assed it.

My Maximizer shoots Micros, I didn't ever post the mod because I just did a minor Tweak on what was done to it when Ompa sold it to me. It now uses my UBS system, and with a 12-inch barrel, it shoots on par with Falcon's xbow, making it one of only three guns I know of that he actually sees as a threat last time I checked.

-bags

#40 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

Bags, what are the other 2 guns Falcon sees as a threat? I need to get my hands on one of 'em.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#41 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

Yes Bags, do tell us...*snicker*

I know ONE of them is Tony's LBB...you won't be able to get your hands on one of those. It's got "special powers". Other than that one...I'm not sure what the last gun is that he's talking about.

Edited by Falcon, 27 June 2007 - 07:11 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilývatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#42 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:54 PM

Yes Bags, do tell us...*snicker*

I know ONE of them is Tony's LBB...you won't be able to get your hands on one of those. It's got "special powers". Other than that one...I'm not sure what the last gun is that he's talking about.

Now WHY did you have to go and Dash the hopes of people who don't have shiny space demon magic?

I wanted them to think that there ACTUALLY was a blaster they Might use against you that wasn't in Mine or Tony's possession... that you think can hit you. Isn't false Hope important to you!?

although My re-modded Lbb which I just listed in my Ebay thread is just about on par with Tony's... no one has Tony's accuracy, he is a True Nerf S*****, for reals.

anyways, back on the topic of Fucking pecan, I think a Lbb or Big blast may be able to fire a ball, but not as far as the titan. I'd love to try a Homemade Ball gun next...

-Bags

#43 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:07 PM

nice. i like it

Now I wasn't sure if you had or hadn't replaced the barrel, but I thought that you had. So I guess I'll give this myth a PLAUSIBLE.

- Dark Infection on 115 foot NF ranges

#44 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:54 PM

Yeah, after making my first ball valve homemade, I was thinking of other designs, and wanted to make a sort of 'RPG Launcher' The ammunition I was thinking of was either 1-1\4 fbr http://www.aloghomes...ound-backer-rod
Or to use nerf balls. I chose the latter.

Edited by DarkInfection, 27 June 2007 - 09:55 PM.

#45 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:53 PM

anyways, back on the topic of Fucking pecan, I think a Lbb or Big blast may be able to fire a ball, but not as far as the titan.
-Bags

I want to try that with the LBB I just bought, but as I said in my post a few posts up, I can't find the right barrel material.

#46 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:13 PM

anyways, back on the topic of Fucking pecan, I think a Lbb or Big blast may be able to fire a ball, but not as far as the titan.
-Bags

I want to try that with the LBB I just bought, but as I said in my post a few posts up, I can't find the right barrel material.

I used Standard 1.5 inch PVC, but I used a Circular sander to Bore out the inside some, it fits really snug, but once you've shoved balls in there a few times, The Foam weakens and they get a little softer making it easier to shove them in there (That sounds sooo wrong out of context.). You could probably find thin wall 1.5inch PVC, that may work better but I'm not certain, and if you're still having trouble, I can make you one and send it to you... for a minor fee... as i still have almost 5 feet of the stuff, that I will most likely never use.

-Bags

#47 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:28 PM

I tried some 1.5" PVC AND ABS at multiple stores, and my balls were definitely not going to fit in there at all... it wasn't even a matter of hollowing it out either.

#48 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:55 PM

I tried some 1.5" PVC AND ABS at multiple stores, and my balls were definitely not going to fit in there at all... it wasn't even a matter of hollowing it out either.

ABS definately will not work, it's slightly smaller on the I.D. And I don't really know what to tell you, it's the size PVC I bought, and it works, it's very tight, there's not really much else I can say, for serious.

-bags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users