Replacement Springs

29 replies to this topic

#26 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:20 PM

Do you know why these types of theories never go very far?

Because no one is willing to make a concept model to demonstrate it's effectiveness, or in my supposition, ineffectiveness.

Everyone is pounding away at computers, playing in the virtual world, spending hours making nifty drawings that could have been made in five minutes on a coffee napkin (where much of my ideas are born), but few are actually in their shops (or space venerated as a Nerf shop), hackin and gluin' away, testing theories and experimenting with what they have lyin' around.

Look at NerfFreak's model of the shotgun. Prototype, no doubt. Commonly Hunted was at it too, but the little tussle with OMC landed him on vacation until I die. No one else got beyond bits and pieces and MS Paint drawings. I didn't lose hope for them...yet.

I needed a primary. An anti-Crossbow, if you will. Nerfer909 trash talked me into getting off my butt and picking up my FAR and SNAP-3, which I dissected, and now I am almost done with my CAR-SNAP. And it's really nice. :D

Just want to throw some encouragement out there...don't just hash around the ideas...someone build sump'tn. The whole spring thread got derailed by this magnet theory wet dream....shold've made a new thread. With some concept models.

And Shralla, I don't think any two ACE stores are the same. Mine here doesn't even carry springs. ;)

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#27 Shralla

Shralla

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:32 PM

Ah, thanks. I'll just have to keep an eye open. By the way, what do you guys use to cut your springs to length (especially in the case of the AR-15 springs)?

#28 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:15 PM

I used a dremel + cutting wheel to cut my AR-15 sping. I found that needlenose pliers and my (oldddddd) wire cutters were not sharp/strong enough.

Careful if you use a dremel, though; the spring gets hot.

Cennipe, thank you very much for those numbers. Now you've got me worried that the magnets'll be too strong.

And Pineapple, I'm just shootin' the breeze with these fine folks while my magnets ship ;) .
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#29 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:38 PM

Bolt cutters work well, as I found a dremel leaves sharp edges (more so than the bolt cutters).

Edited by Prometheus, 01 June 2007 - 12:09 AM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#30 Shralla

Shralla

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:04 AM

I figured a dremel would work. I need to get one, but I'm poor so I can't afford it. ;_;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users