Longshot Trouble

Isn't this everywhere?

6 replies to this topic

#1 rebsol

rebsol

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:58 PM

Anyway, I bought a new longshot after my old one broke, and for some reason the old one worked much better, even though I did the same thing. Anyway, the cocking bolt works and it cocks the gun, but when I want to reload a new clip I have to pull it the 1/20th back before it will go at all. Its a pain in the ass. I went inside numerous times, and I found what I think is the problem. In the plunger tube the rounded thing that the catch catches it goes out just a centimeter(eyeballed)or two out, and I think that is the problem. Please help me with this, it is too late at night for me to bother searching(I'm in NJ)
"If you're hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"
Malcolm Reynolds(Nathan Fillion)

Firefly, the best show ever created.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:14 PM

You need to cut off the rear of the lip on the magazine. Like the left one pictured here.
Posted Image

When a stronger spring is added to the plunger the bolt sits slightly further forward when the plunger is primed. The solution is to trim the rear lip on the magazine so that it is clear of the bolt.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 25 May 2007 - 10:16 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 ninjabeast22

ninjabeast22

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:19 PM

I don't have a picture of this, but I'll try to explain what i did to fix mine. If you take out the plunger and look at the head, you'll see that there are little grooves on the end of the plunger rod and little slits on the plunger head. When you screw these peices back together, the grooves should go into the slits. If they don't your whole plunger assembly will be moved forward that extra 20th of an inch and will block the ciip. Just make sure that this is put together right. If that's not the problem, just do what CS said.

Edited by ninjabeast22, 25 May 2007 - 10:22 PM.

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:22 PM

It's worth noting, but if that was the problem he wouldn't be able to put the magazine in at all.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 25 May 2007 - 10:30 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 ninjabeast22

ninjabeast22

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:17 PM

Oh ok I remembered that happening to me but didn't remember the details.

#6 rebsol

rebsol

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for the help CS. I appreciate it, and I also appreciate Ninjabeasts help too.
"If you're hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"

#7 rebsol

rebsol

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

Thanks for the help CS, I'm about to do that to em.

edit:Sorry about the double post. My comp is screwed up and doesn't show my posts till like a day or two after.

Edited by rebsol, 26 May 2007 - 04:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users