Longshot Primer Removal

Stupid question

11 replies to this topic

#1 Siebzehn

Siebzehn

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:02 PM

I was getting ready to unscrew my LS and take it apart when I realized that the bolt primer (my terminology may be wrong; the two orange pegs connected by a metal rod) doesn't seem interested in coming off. Is there a way to get that off without breaking something, or am I a chump for attaching the piece as soon as I pulled the gun out of the box?

I haven't tried anything so aggressive as trying to rip it off with a pair of pliers. I figured that there must be a painless way to remove it since I can't find mention of this problem anywhere.

#2 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

Get a flathead screwdriver and pry it off.

#3 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:05 PM

Also try to do most of your modding the first time you open it otherwise the bolt will become lose and may fall off.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#4 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:17 AM

Instead of prying it off you could take a couple very small screwdrivers and push away the three prongs holding it onto the metal rod in the hole in either one of the pegs.
You stick one screwdriver in and push the prong away from the rod leave the screwdriver in that place and take another do that for at least 2 of the three prong and then just pop it off with a flathead.
This does not make them loose like just popping it off.
Ive done it at least 15 times to my brothers LS and it hasn't gotten loose at all.
Note: This can get very frustrating if you aren't a patient person. If you tend to throw things when frustrated just pry it off with a flathead like the others said but your handles might fall off eventually.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#5 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:41 AM

Or you could just pry it off.

I don't understand what you mean Skitzo. Do you mean he could push some plastic out of a few notches to get off the bolt handle? I'll have to try that, to see how well it works.
Nuckin' Futz

#6 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:23 PM

Or you could just pry it off.

Yes but then it could get loose. If you do Skitzo's version then it won't get loose. Or it will take more times of takeing it off to make it loose.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:13 PM

Use a claw hammer. Won't damage your body shell and it pops it off with little to no effort.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:46 PM

I took it off with a flat head screw driver and now it barely stays on by itself, but that is ok, the shot-gun forgrip is much better anyways. Make a forgrip and through away the bolt.
"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#9 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

that may risk breaking it. you probably should have done the modding right out of the box.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#10 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:52 PM

that may risk breaking it. you probably should have done the modding right out of the box.

Liam, you don't have to post in every thread you see. Also only post if you know what you're talking about. Because how are you going to open up the LS, if the orange handles are on? Also the LS isn't going to break if you pry it off with a flathead.

Also be aware of the dates of the topics you're posting in. IF they are older than 2-3 days old, you shouldn't really post in them.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#11 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

Next time when you get it off take the bolt handle off and take it apart. There aer some 4 pegs in the outer shell. Grind those down with a screwdriver and then you can pry it off without damaging the gun.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#12 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

You know I did the exact same thing. I used a flathead screwdriver to remove it, and I tell ya it took me awhile to get that blasted thing off. I don't recommend that however, I scratched some of the plastic.

Whatever you do, be careful not to bend the metal rod that runs through it.

Edited by Megamannt92, 02 June 2007 - 08:39 PM.

Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users