Photo

Next-gen Systems

90 replies to this topic

Poll: Next gen consoles (87 member(s) have cast votes)

What next gen consoles will you get?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:27 AM

Don't judge the Wii by the controller. They are making a SNES remake controller available for it too:

Posted Image

#77 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:45 AM

RAMBO:
Is that one tilt-sensitive, also?

I thought the Wii controllers would actually be good when I saw the reviews for it in GameInformer, but I guess they are kind of hard to get used to. The controllers were actually one of the perks for getting the 360, since they are wireless and I don't have to worry about the cables popping out of the console in the middle of a firefight. I also forgot to say the the 360 can play the old XBox games if you get the Pro console.

Also:
DAMN, Commonly Hunted! Camping overnight in front of a store? You know people have been killed while doing that, right? Well, glad you got what you needed.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#78 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:01 AM

I am unsure on that Shadow. All I know is that it will attach to the remote part of the Wiimote, sort of in place of the analog Nunchuck. It will cost $20.
http://en.wikipedia....mage:Wii_05.jpg

There might also be a gun controller called the Zapper for all the FPS and TPS games. No one is sure if it will be made yet. If it is made, it will probably also interface with the remote, with the remote sliding into it.
Posted Image

Edit: Pic sizes

Edited by RAMBO, 24 November 2006 - 11:07 AM.

#79 Commonly Hunted

Commonly Hunted

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:02 AM

SHA, I think that classic controller is tilt-sensitive but that controller was designed for playing the Gamucube games on the Wii. The reason it is tilt-sensitive is so you can also use it for the Wii games.

The controllers were actually one of the perks for getting the 360, since they are wireless and I don't have to worry about the cables popping out of the console in the middle of a firefight.

I agree completely.

Also:
DAMN, Commonly Hunted! Camping overnight in front of a store? You know people have been killed while doing that, right? Well, glad you got what you needed.

That don't bother me. Imma Thug! Besides, that was in California where all the stupid people live. And I told you before that I camped out for the Wii. Got two and them sold them on eBay and got $380 for each (they both sold for the same price). But this time we had to camp longer (Wii: ~9 PM to 7 AM; Black Friday; 5 PM to 5 AM) and there many times more people, only twenty people at Circuit City for the Wii. All the people waiting at Best Buy went around two sides of the building, around two sides of an acre of an empty lot next door, and half of the parking lot. And people were still coming. But, like I said before, we got what we wanted.

Anybody here going to bid on these?

EDIT: If I ever get a Wii, I'm getting that Zapper controller, too, because that is cool. Might not look so cool but I still want it because I like shooters. And RAMBO, you need to shrink your pics. They're huge!

Edited by Commonly Hunted, 24 November 2006 - 11:04 AM.

QUOTE(Pineapple)

Next one who wants to be Michael Jackson, and save the world, gets a trip to Neverland.

Buy Boltsniper's guns!
Borrowed by FoamReaper of Boltsniper Forums.

#80 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:08 AM

I might be all set for the hardware in my house. Also: don't mess with the Californians, don't they host Armageddon? Implying that they're all retards might lead to your foamy death.

RAMBO:
What do the games look like on the Wii? Are the disks about the same size as the ones for the Gamecube?
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

#81 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:11 AM

Sorry about the pics. I could only find the one of the classic controller and the remote on wikipedia, so I just urled it. The zapper does look sweet, but it's just a prototype right now.

#82 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:16 AM

The "zapper" resembles the gun from the old Duck Hunt game on the Nintendo ES. Of course, that one didn't have any buttons except for the trigger.

#83 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:27 PM

I love the look to the New classic Wii Controller.....Reminds me of the good ole days of the NES.
Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

#84 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:01 AM

The NES controllers were box-shaped, though. It looks more like the old Sega system that the original Sonic the Hedgehog games came on.

#85 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:42 PM

It is greatly similar to the SNES, I apologize if I said NES before. I think the Sega system(s) you are thinking of are Genesis and Saturn.
SNES
Posted Image
Wii
Posted Image

Edited by RAMBO, 26 November 2006 - 11:23 AM.

#86 Commonly Hunted

Commonly Hunted

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:01 PM

Sony didn't make Genesis or Saturn. Sega did. I had a Genesis and a Sega 3. I also had a friend who had a Saturn. They were all made by Sega who only makes games ever since the failure of Dreamcast.

SHA, I meant that stupid gamers live in California. They will do anything to get a stupid game.
QUOTE(Pineapple)

Next one who wants to be Michael Jackson, and save the world, gets a trip to Neverland.

Buy Boltsniper's guns!
Borrowed by FoamReaper of Boltsniper Forums.

#87 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:17 PM

The Sega Genesis is the system in my basement, and the one with controllers that resemble the one in RAMBO's pics.

Commonly Hunted:
Well, Californians are what they are...

#88 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:01 PM

I mean SNES sorry. They kindof look alot like the old Capcom pads that came with PC street fighter games..

See..

Posted Image

Edited by Megamannt92, 25 November 2006 - 10:10 PM.

#89 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:05 PM

The "zapper" is amazing!

If that passed the prototype phase, all FPS/TPS gamers would be in heaven!

Wii for mii!
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#90 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:32 PM

I can't wait to play the ole NES duck hunt game with that!

#91 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:28 AM

IF I were to go and shell out cash for either of the current gen consoles, I'd first have to look at their libraries. Neither of the new consoles have a great library, I have nothing to really compare with.

When I was considering getting my PS2, I didn't go for the general, biased look on graphics and the ignorant ideas of being a sony/microsoft/nintendo whore. I went and looked at their libraries. I already have a Gamecube - it has served me well. I've had a TON of really, really fun games on it. Isn't that the point of it all? I couldn't give two shits if Xbox has better graphics with a semi-bland shooter, but has no other library to speak of. PS2 came to my tastes because of DDR and many good RPG's being brought onto that system. I like RPG's, they're fun, as is DDR and, as I discovered, Guitar Hero. Both of the consoles I got I am very happy with, and all my friends who got Xboxes when they came out are still playing Halo 2. Which I find sad, it was a good game, but not enough to entertain me for THAT long.

Don't get me wrong, shiny graphics are really hot, I like them a bunch. But if I was to shell out $599 + tax to some guy for pretty lookables I'd have my head thoroughly examined. I've seen a bunch of interesting titles come out for X360 already. I've also seen some VERY nice looking projects for Wii and PS3, such as Mario Galaxy and Assassin's Creed. As I said before, I'll wait it out and act accordingly. I was lucky with the GameCube - I didn't research anything about it, and some really good games came out for it.

I agree with you on the graphics front- it's the entertainment that matters to me. But I really don't get what youo're saying when you say that neither console has a great library! PS3 has Sony's answer to Halo and Gears of War, and that is Resistance: Fall of Man. No wonder Master Cheif's been looking pale these days, Sony just dropped a bomb down his shiny pants! They both also has Call of Duty 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and others.

And don't forget the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii. I don't even wear pants any more because I need to keep changing them when I think of that game. And the Wii has many a promising exclusive, such as Elebits and Red Steel, not to mention Zelda and Super Mario Galaxy.

I have three friends who have the Wii. I have none who have the PS3. One of them is a diehard Sony fan, and he says he's gonna wait and see. Everyone who has the Wii repeatedly outlines to me, in emphatic terms, often waxing nearly Shakespearian in eloquence, how much the Wii has made them into Nintendo fancs.

On a final note, that Zapper looks awesome.

That is all.

Edited by Omega, 02 December 2006 - 01:31 AM.

QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users