Longshot sidearm integration

82 replies to this topic

#51 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:07 AM

I want to keep it attached to the front of the long shot for the extended look and have it be able to fire, but not have the handle attached to it is there a way to mod it to where pulling back on the priming handle will prime and then just automaticly fire it??

Just get rid of the trigger plate.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 08 September 2006 - 12:08 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#52 maverick x

maverick x

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:17 PM

Is a more detailed tutorial coming out? he said it was...

#53 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:17 PM

Is a more detailed tutorial coming out? he said it was...

Yes, he is. Just give him some time. It takes longer than you may think to make a writeup, and you can't rush perfection.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#54 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:10 PM

Well, here we go, guys.

Longshot write-up

LONGSHOT

First you would remove the air restrictors to create a better airflow from the pressure chamber to the barrel.

Posted Image

Then you would add one or two 0-rings to the plunger to keep the stock 0-rink stationary.
I didn’t have any 0-rings so I used a rubber band instead.

Posted Image

And if you want to you could add a better barrel to increases range. [I will probable add one soon]

LONGSHOT SIDE AIRM

Drill out the air restrictors and then dermal out the barrel so that some 17/32 brass can fit in [you can basically do anything that you would do to a scout].

Posted Image

Before:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

LONGSHOT INTERGRATION

Well first you would cut off the bi-pod. I actually thought it looked cool with it cut off. Anyway then you would cut the ls side arm. To find the angle that you cut I used the one of the bi-pod legs because it fits write up in there. And here’s a picture to help.

Posted Image

Now it Is time for the hard part, the trigger. Now my first idea was to have a string attached to a 0-Ring, to have a separate trigger.

Posted Image

Then I had the idea of having the same trigger release both catches at the same time.

Posted Image

Gluing the side arm to the gun:

I wanted to be able to re-open the gun after I glued it, so I glued one half of the sidearm to the one half of the longshot. And the same to the other half’s of the guns.

Posted Image

Then you put the gun all back together. Now you have a badass longshot.

Questions, comments?

#55 mkg91 0

mkg91 0

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:41 PM

I forgot to ask you this in my first post so, how sturdy is it and what did you use to glue it?

Ultra sturdy. I'm suprized that it's so sturdy.
I used some super-glue and then some hot glue over that to help enforce the super-glue.

As for name suggestions, they all sound really cool. Especially "Athena" and I like all the puns that "NiteLoser has...
When you guys first suggested Greek god names, I thought of Odysseus, which wouldn't be a bad name either....

How did you deel with the bolte, because I kant get the orenge part off of the metal rod.
If quizes are quizicals then what are tests?

#56 funkyjake

funkyjake

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:11 PM

Try prying it with a flathead screwdriver.

#57 mkg91 0

mkg91 0

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:59 PM

Thanks for the advice.
If quizes are quizicals then what are tests?

#58 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

Try prying it with a flathead screwdriver.

It actually works better if you use the back end of a hammer.

#59 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:38 PM

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Thats hilarious I am putting that in my Sig

I forgot to ask you this in my first post so, how sturdy is it and what did you use to glue it?

As for name suggestions, they all sound really cool. Especially "Athena" and I like all the puns that "NiteLoser has...
When you guys first suggested Greek god names, I thought of Odysseus, which wouldn't be a bad name either....

Odysseus as in "Oh Diss" sort of an ebonics on steroids.

You could always name it Cthulhu... Here is the horror clix model it is one of the best renditions I have seen yet.

Edited by Cthulhu, 14 November 2006 - 01:47 PM.

QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#60 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:04 PM

name suggestions:

Dart Attack
DALS
Over/Under
whatever the AR from Aliens is called.(by the way, that would be a bitchin' mod.)
Morita V2
LS2
French Silk
Die MotherFucker

That's All i've got for now.

Dirt Cheap Mod:
Take the barrel extension for the longshot out of the sidearm. you should be able to pull it clean out if you know what you're doing. insert into front of longshot and hot glue to your heart's content. cross-drill holes in tip of barrel for whatever the hell reason you want, i don't remember why i did. i also did the air restrictor mod, and it's pretty much manditory to make the thing work decently. i also added an actual 2x plastic toy scope that is actually accurate for something i found in my ceiling tiles. i'm going to try the integration mod today.

Quick, far-out thought:
take the "laser" assembly off of the NiteFinder and mount it on the accessory rail? hail me if you're interested or have pics.

i made a stinky.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#61 camo

camo

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:53 PM

do you think you could then shotgun it after this mod? It looks like the sidearm cocking mechanism only goes about half the distance back as the bolt does, though someone might be able to lengthen the slot the sidearm's bolt thing (I forget the name at the moment) so that it goes foward slightly, or reposistion the trigger so that it goes back farther?

#62 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

do you think you could then shotgun it after this mod? It looks like the sidearm cocking mechanism only goes about half the distance back as the bolt does, though someone might be able to lengthen the slot the sidearm's bolt thing (I forget the name at the moment) so that it goes foward slightly, or reposistion the trigger so that it goes back farther?

1. The kits I make are not compatible with such a setup.
2. If you want to accomplish this you have the engineer the solution yourself.
3. The complication is that the bolt mechanism of the main gun has a stroke length of 3-1/2 inches, but the front gun priming mechanism has a stroke length of 2 inches. So you have to add a delay track of 1-1/2 inches to the grip so that it can slide that distance before engaging the front gun priming mechanism.
4. Since the front gun has to be cut down and then added to the main gun in order to accomplish this modification there is no standard distance of measurement for which to make a template. Every foregrip system would be a one-off.

So yes it's possible. But I requires very precise measurement and machining.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#63 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

Very nice job Dart Attack. It looks perfect, and if you do a paint-job post the final pictures. As for a name, I would recomend Vera from Firefly.

Edited by Spectre666, 29 May 2007 - 05:45 PM.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#64 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:54 PM

How did you get 273'?
kthxbaisend

#65 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

Just a gag to see how long it would take to notice. Apparently, you're the first. Haha.
When I calculated ranges, I didn't add the 273 so don't think I'm cheating...
Haha.

#66 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:11 PM

Yay! What do I win? I'm just kidding. :D

Edited by n-strike, 29 May 2007 - 06:12 PM.

kthxbaisend

#67 snip3r

snip3r

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:04 AM

are there any unobtrusive longshot mods??
guess who made waffles! thems made of soap and bubbles:D-invader zim qoute

#68 Willz

Willz

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

im doing this mod soon and im going to maybe get another longshot and get the dart tag blaster system and integrate that too!
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#69 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:33 AM

Can you please look at the last date before you post?

Jun 27 2007, 11:04 PM

Jun 28 2008, 7:24 PM

Oh and use punctuation, and capitalization correctly please.

Edited by Watari, 29 June 2008 - 01:37 AM.

#70 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:39 PM

Nice job! Uses simple materials making
it possible for people with limited materials.
I might try this my self.
Thanks!
We have no sig.

#71 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

Nice job! Uses simple materials making
it possible for people with limited materials.
I might try this my self.
Thanks!

Nice Job
You've posted in a topic thats already been necroed twice.

Thats kinda a no no here at the haven. I've done it as a nood, so dont make my mistake. Dont revive old topics.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#72 shveet

shveet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

How did you get 273'?

its his grand total....

oh ya btw... how did u get the two parts to stick (as in what kind of glue did you use)? cuz i am doing this mod too... but im completly clueless...

#73 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:04 PM

How did you get 273'?

its his grand total....

oh ya btw... how did u get the two parts to stick (as in what kind of glue did you use)? cuz i am doing this mod too... but im completly clueless...

Considering you added to the necroed topic that is pretty obvious. Also if you would take some time to search the mods directory plenty of people that have done this mod have detailed what kind of glue you should use.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#74 shveet

shveet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:05 PM

sweet i finally found some decent apoxy ^^

Edited by shveet, 17 September 2008 - 08:10 PM.

#75 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

Stop. You've already been warned by another member. You didn't need to post about finding some decent epoxy.

Just post in the mod supplies thread about where and what you bought if its that important
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users